project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
13 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2011-02-20, 00:33   #31
SnipingCoward

Default Re: PR 0.95 & Gaza Beach Loading [Crash]

the namer problem has been identified and will be fixed in the next patch

this is a problem with textures of the namer being slightly bugged. Other manufacturers than ATI appear to have more tollerant drivers.

Sadly there is no workaround for it except to wait for the patch or get kicked by punkbuster for modfying the texture.

Got a PROBLEM? Check this: PR:BF2 Installation Guide

Got a common QUESTION? check here first: PR:BF2 FAQ, MUMBLE FAQ

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
Last edited by SnipingCoward; 2011-02-20 at 00:43..
Old 2011-02-20, 19:06   #32
Rohane

Well, how might I go about modifying the texture, the server that I need to play on doesn't have punkbuster on, so I might be able to skirt that.
Rohane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 20:31   #33
Jasbris

Hi Dev Team,

I was wondering if there's an ETA for the next patch release which should fix this?

Regards,

Jasbris
Jasbris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 21:10   #34
SnipingCoward

Unfortunately I myself do not know the exact procedure to fix the texture, sry.

The devs are constantly working on improving PR. While there is constant progress it is still hard to predict if or when problems arise and delay the progress. To not raise false hopes the devs will not give out release dates. This in turn gives you the reliablility to know that when the announcement comes the patch is very likely to be released as announced.
In short: Its done when its done. No ETA.

Got a PROBLEM? Check this: PR:BF2 Installation Guide

Got a common QUESTION? check here first: PR:BF2 FAQ, MUMBLE FAQ

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 16:13   #35
Jasbris

Thank you for the update. It seems that since I cannot play the following maps:

Iron Eagle
Gaza Beach
Burning Sands
Wanda Shan
Beirut

Which are usually in most servers map rotation I will have to stop playing PR until the next patch.

Thank you again for the information.
Jasbris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 10:39   #36
Sgt. Mahi

Quote:
this is a problem with textures of the namer being slightly bugged. Other manufacturers than ATI appear to have more tollerant drivers.
Sorry for bumping but I just want to confirm this. I recently changed my graphic card from a NVIDIA to an ATI. Never had a single crash with my Nvidia card but ever since I changed it to ATI I crash when loading Gaza and Burning Sands.... Random crashes appear too when loading every ~3. map...

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 23:37   #37
drs79
Supporting Member

I did the idf_apc_namer part, and was able to load in fine as well on gaza on a local server. I bypassed the other things you listed zzez after seeing what mosin posted.

The question I also have is do I open up the Beirut and Iron Eagle folder as well and enter idf_apc_namer and click replace all as well?

Someone mentioned putting settings on medium also for wanda shan, now does that mean all settings, or just texture??

On a side note: Before the most recent patch I was able to run gaza and beirut fine. Since the patch I am crashing on the IDF maps and Wanda Shan (Wanda Shan is a different problem, most likely due to my older computer and its ati components)

Dell Dimension 4600 Desktop
XP Professional SP3
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06 GHZ,
3.2GB RAM,
X-FI Fatal1ty
Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO,
7.01 GB Hard Drive available; Total Size 37.2GB
Downloaded PR.95 from MODDB

NYR
NYS EMT-B - Working in Yonkers NY which is a mix of Camden and Baltimore
TMFD Volunteer Firefighter
New York State Certified Hazardous Materials Technician
www.tmfd.org
[/CENTER]
Last edited by drs79; 2011-03-25 at 23:44..
Old 2011-03-28, 12:33   #38
Sgt. Mahi

Quote:
Someone mentioned putting settings on medium also for wanda shan, now does that mean all settings, or just texture??
Only the texture.. You don't need to lower the other settings.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 17:47   #39
drs79
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]ZZEZ View Post
Ok mosinmatt I'm going to need you one last time.
Go to battlefield2/mods/pr/levels and copy the entire gaza folder to a safe location.
enter server.zip, navigate to:
server.zip\GameModes\gpm_insurgency\64
open that .con file with notepad and click on CTRL+H at the same time, in the find what box type "idf_apc_namer" and then click on replace all.
Save that file and make sure that the zip archive is updated with it and then try running Gaza in insurgency 64 mode and see if it works.
If it works I want you to restore the original gaza folder and once again enter server.zip\GameModes\gpm_insrugency\64 and open that file again, CTRL+H and in the

find box type "idf_apc_m113_logistics" and click replace all, then another CTRL+H and in

the find box "idf_apc_m113",its important that you do it in this order make sure to save the file.
Then try running it again and see if it works
Make sure that after your all done restore the original gaza folder or it will crash whenever you try connecting to online servers with odd errors.

I know its allot of work but its worth finding the cause so we can fix it, the only thing that was added to Gaza in this version was the Namer APC, other changes are just removing some grass and changed sky.
zzez,

after you replace the namer apc, we should replace the apc_m113_logistics and the apc_m113?

But we should do it separately each time right? not replace both at the same?

Should we do it in the gaza folder which we already modified? or Keep copying the gaza folder each time and keep an original copy of gaza?

NYR
NYS EMT-B - Working in Yonkers NY which is a mix of Camden and Baltimore
TMFD Volunteer Firefighter
New York State Certified Hazardous Materials Technician
www.tmfd.org
[/CENTER]
drs79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 15:09   #40
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]SnipingCoward View Post
the namer problem has been identified and will be fixed in the next patch

Sadly there is no workaround for it except to wait for the patch or get kicked by punkbuster for modfying the texture.
Next Patch takes in PR 1 Year, so i don?t understand that for such Problems like namer APC and some other CTD, no client-hotfix came out.

Today are 10 Month gone (or so) from release of 0.95, i can?t understand this! Sry
but we have 3 people in our clan that cant play this maps and we tryed everything:

Omega drivers
Old drivers
Namer fix (Punkbusterkick then)
etc.

I don?t wanna blame on you guys, but the Forgotten Hope Modders are a lot faster in all cases and i think the size of the team is the same or lower.

You should concentrate first on important thinks and then implementing new stuff when the old stuff is working.
(Or it can and will have a big result on the PR playersize)

Last edited by ChallengerCC; 2011-05-24 at 23:38..

Tags
095, beach, crash, gaza, loading