project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
15 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-09-20, 18:54   #1
Mostacho
Default Tips for destroying deployables

There is trend going on the server i usually play at, that on insurgency maps, the ins team uses roadblocks and other deployables to lock the entrances of the caches, and keep digging it back while the Blufor tries to destroy it

It usually works best when the cache is underground, where you can place the roadblock in a certain manner that the enemy team cant go trought it or kill the people behind it, and just keep digging it

Once i was playing as Blufor and we tried to destroy a roadblock that was completely covering the entrance of a cache on fallujah, we managed to clear the whole area and use a large C4 and AT4 at the same time, all that while the bradley was firing both cannon and coaxial on it, even that didnt managed to destroy it because there were a few pp behind it digging it

The only practical way that i found to over come that shit, is to drop a supply near and keep spawning a FOB or any other deployables around it so it end up bugging and killing the guys trying to dig it.

I wanted to know if your guys know a way to destroy that shit while there people digging it that i am not aware of.
Mostacho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 19:28   #2
Jabil_One
Banned
Default Re: Tips for destroying deployables

Call in area attack.

I had onetime on fallujah the situation, where the ammocache spawned in one of the rooms of the hospital basement. Ins guys did the same what you described. C4 blow up but they still digged it.
Blufor lost more than 100 tickets only to open the sealed basement.

The trick was to get the attention of all breachers, ordering them to drop the first charge at the same time and the 2nd directly after the first block.

End of story :

4 Breachers and 1 Engineer was needed to kill the guys behind the roadblock. The four c4 charges blow up at same time collapsed the roadblock - the final BigBlock from the engineer destroyed the rest.

It is important to do much damage as possible in same/short time.
Jabil_One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 19:59   #3
Mostacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabil_One View Post
Call in area attack.

4 Breachers and 1 Engineer was needed to kill the guys behind the roadblock. The four c4 charges blow up at same time collapsed the roadblock - the final BigBlock from the engineer destroyed the rest.

It is important to do much damage as possible in same/short time.
I can confirm that area attacks of any sort doesn't work if they are digging it up

I already tried a few things in game, like i said, using bradley to torn down the roadblock to its "foundation" state where it doesn't have much hp and keep it that way,then placing a large c4 waiting it explode to fire a AT4 at the same time... it didnt worked

Don't know about 4 breachers and an engineer though...It may have a higher DPS than what i described, bud it will be a pain in the ass to test it out, are you sure that there were at least 4p digging that roadblack at the exact moment that the c4s exploded???

That is the problem, ppl seen to be puting a weight or tape on their mouses and leaving it there digging nonstop the whole fucking game

i found that if there is enough people digging, it seems to be no practical way to do enough damage to destroy it, must be something related on how emplacements Hp works
Last edited by Mostacho; 2017-09-20 at 20:04..
Old 2017-09-20, 21:02   #4
Lugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostacho View Post
There is trend going on the server i usually play at, that on insurgency maps, the ins team uses roadblocks and other deployables to lock the entrances of the caches, and keep digging it back while the Blufor tries to destroy it
I agree, this seems to be one of the most toxic and dumb game mechanics right now. Easy fix would be to increase damage on engi's C4 to completely take it down in one explosion.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 21:09   #5
Jabil_One
Banned

Quote:
Don't know about 4 breachers and an engineer though...It may have a higher DPS than what i described, bud it will be a pain in the ass to test it out, are you sure that there were at least 4p digging that roadblack at the exact moment that the c4s exploded???
Sure, we heared the deathscreams and the shovel sound stopped.

We lost maybe 50 people through teamkills because first breacher dropped C$, 10 seconds 2nd Breacher placed C4 and died by first C4, bouncing grenades etc and so on and all in this small tunnel.

I'm sure the INS guys had atleast 25 Minutes their fun by watching the TK messages.

Classical Clusterfuck
Jabil_One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 02:05   #6
Mostacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabil_One View Post
Sure, we heared the deathscreams and the shovel sound stopped.

Classical Clusterfuck
I see, so you guys managed to kill them some how

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
I agree, this seems to be one of the most toxic and dumb game mechanics right now. .
Same felling here, the worst part is that people are really proud of doing that and still make fun of you for complaining

i mean come on.....a tactic in which all you have to do is to put a tape to keep your left mouse button down it's ridiculous....
Mostacho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 08:58   #7
LimitJK

shotguns should be given the ability back to destroy barricades.

it was a little too op but barely anyone used it when it was still possible.

maybe adjust it so 2 c4 and half a dozen shotgun shots destroy a barricade.

LimitJK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 09:15   #8
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I agree, its a terrible tactic. Thinking of solutions.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 11:25   #9
viirusiiseli
Banned

I don't know the pain since I've never met a cache defense that was organized enough to pull this off but:

The only solution IMO is to make the big C4 entirely remove the roadblock, or any other structure like a FOB. Also increase the damage a small C4 pack does, but not to the point of the big charge. Possibly even increase 25/30/40mm damage from vehicles against roadblocks.

If you have the time to set up a big C4 charge on a FOB, it should be removed at once. FOBs and their assets are too strong already.

Other solutions like slowing down the digging won't work because it's already super slow.

If you make them harder to deploy inside tunnels etc, you will have problems in other places with it being difficult to deploy.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 11:43   #10
Swaggzor

How about making the deployables 'deploy' later than they do now?

So afaik after shoveling the fob/roadblock whatever to 2 blocks of health it will appear. How about making roadblocks fully appear only after the last block of health is added? That way if the first c4 goes down and partially destroys the deployable structure, even if 5/6 guys are shoveling it it will take some time for it to come back up. So there is more time to throw grenades over / shoot the guys. At this time it would destroy the roadblock but almost instantly it would come back up because it only requires the 5/6 guys to shovel untill the 2nd block of health.

*NwA* SwaggerNL
Swaggzor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deployables, destroying, tips