project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-06-01, 23:48   #1
PlaynCool

Default PR 1.3 is a huge success

If we can have 1000+ players playing @ midnight on Monday morning, if we are even not that far away from BF 3 player numbers - now they have 3000 on PC. It brings happiness to my eyes that after so much time PR is still standing strong. Apart from the few hiccups with the site functionality, PR standalone is the best thing to happen to PR in a long time. Thank you Dev's for doing such an awesome work again. I had forgotten how fun it was to see newbies, playing, trying to fly and running into bullets, but most of all helping them out to learn the game.

Forgive my bad English...
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 23:59   #2
nine_lives
Send a message via AIM to nine_lives
Default Re: PR 1.3 is a huge success

It is impressive to see so many full servers.
nine_lives is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 00:09   #3
MikeDude

Yeah, it's amazing that we are here to see this happen! Who would seriously have ever thought?
PR Devs = Best devs

[3dAC] MikeDude
Loving PR since 0.2.
MikeDude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 01:00   #4
Elektro

Having a bit of a hard time finding Squad Leaders to work with so far. Most squads are lead by new people who don't really communicate with the rest of the team. Kind of miss that from 1.2, but really nice to see so many new faces. Hopefully people will get the hang of it.

Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 02:37   #5
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I've written of my playtime atm to teach and help. Its a full time job with 7 new players only 1 or 2 that have bothered to read the manual.

Annoys the hell out of me to see people locking squads right now, with this standalone it's our chance to keep the players that want to keep playing.

Sadly it's bound to quieten down soon.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 04:28   #6
Cossack
Supporting Member

Yeah, doing some teaching as well. Like Ploddit said, it is a full time job.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 05:43   #7
fatalsushi83

I love this. PR is alive and well. Let's do what we can to turn new players into permanent addicts.

fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 05:45   #8
AnA10Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektro View Post
Having a bit of a hard time finding Squad Leaders to work with so far. Most squads are lead by new people who don't really communicate with the rest of the team. Kind of miss that from 1.2, but really nice to see so many new faces. Hopefully people will get the hang of it.
I can agree with that. I was insulted by a squad of newbies for telling them the server rules, and answering some questions they asked. I expect those who act like that won't stick around long though, and will end up going back to whatever they did before.

EDIT: And I've had many good experiences with the new players too, so I really hope they stick around.

"There's no way it's 3:30, oh wait, that's not my clock, that's my altimeter."-Happy, DCS World
Last edited by AnA10Warthog; 2015-06-02 at 06:00..
Old 2015-06-02, 06:07   #9
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Too be fair we'll back 300 in a couple months or so, just as with every release

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 06:24   #10
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Too be fair we'll back 300 in a couple months or so, just as with every release
I think this release is a bit different than others, it has never been so easy to get PR set up and start playing.
Imo it will go down over time but even if only 10% of the new players will continue to play, it will raise the average player count considerably. My guess is in a month there will still be an average of 100-200 more players than pre 1.3.

And I think that's a good thing. I'd rather have 500 serious players than 1500 lonewolfs.
Ason is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
huge, success