project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
12 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2017-06-28, 19:00   #11
Nightfall
Default Re: [Sounds] M9 preview + info on more sound work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Mr.VdHeide View Post
Awesome, this really sounds good. I like the powerful sound.

Also, can you maybe look into PR's .50 cal sounds? They are awful IMO.

D.J.
Sure thing- I was thinking about this recently in fact, as most games tend to get the unique 50 cal sound right, but sometimes fail to get the rest of the sonic characteristics where they need to be. The M2 and all related 50 cal platforms have some interesting sound dynamics due to the size of the barrel and caliber. I'll do a few different versions of this and we can see which ones sound best.
Nightfall is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 19:19   #12
Rabbit

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 20:16   #13
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Can you make the m1 garand sound not so lame?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 21:09   #14
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'd love a better sound for the Garand as well .

Great efforts, Nightfall!

Thought your name sounded very familiar, probably have seen you / your work somewhere, I suppose .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 12:29   #15
FlyingR

Nightfall... you alive bruh?
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 18:35   #16
Nightfall

Hey guys. I'm still alive, just haven't had a lot of time recently to work on audio stuff due to work and other stuff going on outside of PR. No worries, I'll still be working on all of this when I have time here and there. I can't give an exact timeline for things at the moment, but I can say that I will get all of this done, and when it does it will be worth the wait. When I do release some stuff I want to release more than two or three sounds at once so that it makes more sense in terms of things fitting together, as opposed to having a bunch of random sounds not fitting the profile of the others. I'll keep you guys posted as things come along
Old 2017-09-04, 00:59   #17
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Nightfall, I don't understand what you mean by interior sounds... Can you explain?
Interior reflections are automatic under the guise of EAX effects which come on automatically when the player enters/ is in a static that has it ambience assigned to it.

Those with X-fi cards can adjust the reflections amount as a setting external to the game in a control panel, I personally have it set around -12dB, like any good reverb should be.

Cheap computer build / fast track upgrade for slow computer for PR > Guide
WeeGeez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 18:37   #18
Nightfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGeez View Post
Nightfall, I don't understand what you mean by interior sounds... Can you explain?
Interior reflections are automatic under the guise of EAX effects which come on automatically when the player enters/ is in a static that has it ambience assigned to it.

Those with X-fi cards can adjust the reflections amount as a setting external to the game in a control panel, I personally have it set around -12dB, like any good reverb should be.
Hey! I should have elaborated better on this. In short, because things are done in-engine with less user input than some other titles (for example, we can't really break free and do what we want 100% via something like FMOD or Wwise in this engine by adding exact individual sounds for each individual change in variable and then attach 20 different possible FX changes), I as a sound designer have to compromise in a creative way. To get around this lack of dynamics, so to speak, I am creating "normal" sounds... so, outdoor sounds with no reverb, which are the default files... with characteristics that, when reverb is applied by EAX/in-game, they will result in something that sounds a certain way intentionally. Right now I am fine tuning said normal sound files to have a perfect middle ground that sounds great in normal conditions, and has great qualities that result in a realistic result when they are "revereb'd".

I will also be testing things out with an X-fi card so that things fit together nicely at a commonly agreed reverb level in the external settings.

Hope that clears things up
Old 2018-01-31, 15:14   #19
HOLLYWOODY
Banned

I feel like a bunch of guns need sound overhauls and I have already talked to Nightfall about helping out and learning more about sound design from him. The 50cal as mentioned is a good example. Somebody definitely changed this particular one in a recent patch and it sounds more muffled and weak than previous versions. I also feel like some of the other stuff we currently have sound more like squirt guns instead of killing machines.
HOLLYWOODY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-01, 11:26   #20
ID-KLAN

Hello people,like it i see that it's sounds that everybody thinks graphics is essential but the same sound contributes to the game.I'm glad that someone started to work on it and thank him for that,Project Reality and Squad on the same principle only with a much better design of graphics and sound and everything else,the weapon is almost the same as there is no need to work on the pack again if it's possible to just switch the sounds from in the PR,i think it would be good and improved a lot of games in PR. Thanks very to all the designers for everything they did for us.
The sound is very good in Squad, i believe I would sound quite good in the PR.
ID-KLAN is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
info, preview, sound, sounds, work