project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-10-28, 20:49   #1
Anothercynicalbrit
Default Can not join the popular servers ?

Hello everyone.

I got this game today as it looked really good, checked that my mic is working fine and fired up project reality, first time ever. Tried to join the three most popular servers and it says i have been banned by an admin, first time playing it so not sure how i have been banned, could someone enlighten me, how am i meant to get behind this game when i can not play it.
Anothercynicalbrit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 20:59   #2
The Iron Dreamer

Default Re: Can not join the popular servers ?

Are you playing with an legit cd-key?

The Iron Dreamer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 21:57   #3
Nugiman
Supporting Member

Maybe just because of reserved squads. Most server have 98/100 because 2 slots are for clan-members. Wait until they have 97 players on them and join, or just choose a medium-filled server right away

Veni, Vidi, Pwnz0rz. - I came, I saw, I pwnd
Nugiman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 22:28   #4
Cassius
Supporting Member

When they have reserved slots on and all the non reserved are taken you get that message. If you highlight a server the amount of reserved slots should be displayed between ( ) .

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 02:54   #5
JTtheOKIE

If a server has reserve spots, the game will simply tell you that the server is full. If it says that you've been banned by an admin, it sounds like you aren't playing on a legit key, or are playing on a key that has been previously banned the admins on that server.

JTtheOKIE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 10:54   #6
Anothercynicalbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Dreamer View Post
Are you playing with an legit cd-key?
The servers are no longer ran by gamespy, therefore whether i have a legit key or not is void, the current servers do not check for my cd key so please stop saying this is the issue, unless i am missing something.
Old 2014-10-29, 10:55   #7
Anothercynicalbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTtheOKIE View Post
If a server has reserve spots, the game will simply tell you that the server is full. If it says that you've been banned by an admin, it sounds like you aren't playing on a legit key, or are playing on a key that has been previously banned the admins on that server.
This may just be the issue, so if a cd key has been banned in the past using that cd will mean you are banned, but why would this matter when the servers have nothing to do with the company's anymore ?
Old 2014-10-29, 11:03   #8
IINoddyII
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Because server admins don't want griefers/ hackers on their servers
IINoddyII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 12:19   #9
Jutsch

No, this safety mechanism has nothing to do with the removal of gamespy, you are one of many that got caught by it ^^

Jutsch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 12:29   #10
Anothercynicalbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsch View Post
No, this safety mechanism has nothing to do with the removal of gamespy, you are one of many that got caught by it ^^
Why would a mod care as long as it is getting players when the people who created the game have abandoned it entirely, the people who keep this game running are doing so at their own cost, not ea or any other company so why would they still want to enforce stupid copyright rules.

The game is sorely lacking in players at the moment, maybe a good way to offset this would be to make the game truly free since the only company's who make money from it have stopped doing anything for it and abandoned the community, it does not make sense to me why the project reality mod would enforce a huge company like ea's copyright laws, bewildered.

Tags
join, popular, servers