project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
15 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-06-10, 05:32   #11
Grump/Gump.45

Default Re: New Gamemode Idea - <Insert Name>

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
I doubt this would work with public games.
It wouldn't because the people who don't like it wont cooperate, they rush on purpose already with maps and game modes they hate. Just like when somebody on Omaha you dont want driving the boat gets drivers seat, doesn't go to where everyone else is meeting up. They would rather force a loss from themselves, including rushing other vehicles with them just to end it faster or play like its Call Of Duty every time on repeat rather than try something new. Whether it be skills, new ways game makes you adapt or game modes to play.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 09:04   #12
axytho
Supporting Member

Well, there are already maps with layouts that offer something that comes closer to this concept than regular AAS does (I like the concept very much though, just pointing this out):

- Falklands skirmish INF (argentines have 100 tickets, british have 40, destroy the objective)
- Black gold Infantry C&C or AAS (450 tickets each, BMP vs Type 86 IFV), only city and surroundings are combat area
- Basically all C&C is this, when played correctly.

The problem ultimately lies with how C&C is approached. It's considered a "meme" gamemode, and when it is voted, people often vote for 4k C&C's which stretch on forever.

If C&C tickets were halved, I think admins would be more confident about setting C&C's without deseeding the server.
Last edited by axytho; 2021-06-13 at 08:54..
Old 2021-06-12, 20:31   #13
Unicode
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by axytho View Post
The problem ultimately lies with how C&C is approached. It's considered a "meme" gamemode, and when it voted, people often vote for 4k C&C's which stretch on forever.

If C&C tickets were halved, I think admins would be able to be more confident about setting C&C's without deseeding the server.
That's true, CNC has too many tickets and drags on forever on 4k maps.

The layers you pointed out are something I genuinely like, so I guess that kind of gameplay is what I strive for. The matches could be more dynamic, demanding, stressful, and most importantly shorter. While your life as an individual feels directly impactful on the outcome of the match, and the time penalty for dying would be greater. In most AAS layers, people just give up and respawn, noone cares about tickets until they hear the siren.
Unicode is offline Reply With Quote