project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
16 Aug 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Jigsaw

Default [Suggestion] Field Dressing Re-work

Okay so this is an idea which came to me whilst reading the recent threads on RP removal and spawn time changes.

With the current field dressing system, you drop it on the ground and are instantly back up 20% in health. No penalty applicable cos you've just been hit in the shoulder with a 7.62 round, you just slap on a bandaid or 2 and away you go.

Anyone else think this is unrealistic?

So my suggestion is to make the standard issue field dressings work slightly differently, and in a more realistic manner. In RL if you get injured you stick on a plaster/bandage etc depending on how badly you've been hurt and then seek medical attention (especially so in the case of gunshot/shrapnel wounds).

Therefore is it possible to code the field dressing so that when you use it it freezes your health (i.e. stopping the bleeding) for a short period of time (say 3 minutes) after which you start to lose health again. It does not increase your health at all, so you must find a medic to heal you properly.

Example:
  • I get winged by a piece of shrapnel from a grenade, dropping my health from 100 to 60 (initiating a bleed)
  • I put on my field dressing. The bleeding stops, my health is not going down and i am not coughing/blacking out.
  • I must now find a medic to get properly patched up.
  • Bleed effects reinitialise after 1.30
  • My health starts to bleed again if I still have not found a medic after 3 minutes

I think this would be a far more realistic take on a health pack than the standard FPS insta-health that we currently have.

Only thing is whether it can be coded? Thoughts?

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Old 04-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
KSorrow

Send a message via ICQ to KSorrow
Default Re: [Suggestion] Field Dressing Re-work

I do not know much about coding, but if this would be able to code everyone would be happy with that.
With that the game is gettting more and more realistic.
And I do not see any arguments against that idea.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
Silverlance

I really apreciate this sugestion, and I wouldn't do many modifications on it.

If this would be implemented I think that the field dressings would be issued 1 per soldier, even SL would have just one Field Dressing, maybe the medic class would get more, like 4 for example.

I would go even further to maximize the medic class importance, would it be possible to place a limit on the Medic classe, for 12 kits only, so to avoid the full medic squads (yes I've seen it, especially on CQB maps) this would also make players not so confident that a Medic with his magic pen to arrive and revive everyone that tried to be a Rambo. ( this would act as a penalty to them)

With some tweaks on the medic class, the tactical level of the squads would increase since now they have one more thing to worry about, their Medic.

*Rescue Rangers*
"You will never get lost if you follow us"

xfire: rdeagleeye
Visit us at:
www.rr-clan.com No words to describe epicness.
www.realityteamwork.com/ Where Teamwork really exists.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw-uk View Post
Therefore is it possible to code the field dressing so that when you use it it freezes your health (i.e. stopping the bleeding) for a short period of time (say 3 minutes) after which you start to lose health again. It does not increase your health at all, so you must find a medic to heal you properly.
It would be good, thou not possible. The only way to stop the "bleed" code wise is to reach the point above the "critical damage" state, which happens when your down to a certain set % of hp, so the only way to do that is to add your HP above it

Would be good as then officers wouldn't be able to chuck 3 down to get himself upto pretty much full hp again, he would only be able to use one for every time he got shot.

but ye, not possible unless db or someone can think of a way to do it with python thou very much doubt it.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
Tirak

Hello,
We are pleased that you are taking such a keen interest in this mod and look forward to your contribution. In the meantime however, the suggestion you have just posted has been discussed many times before. In the upper right hand corner of your screen, there is a button entitled "Search", and at the top of the Suggestions Thread, there is a thread labeled "Attention! Already Suggested Suggestions". In the future, please use these tools to avoid duplicate suggestions.

Below is a thread in which this topic may be discussed more at.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ng-system.html

Regards,
[R-MOD]Tirak
Closed Thread

Tags
dressing, field, rework, suggestion