project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
Default Changed healing system

My proposal is simple, although I am not sure whether it's possible.

Change the purpose of field dressings to stop bleeding rather than healing. This means that if a player is bleeding, his bleed can be stopped by picking up a field dressing, but does not gain any health from this. (The med-pack still heals).

Pro's: More realistic
Prevents incredibly slow and annoying bleeding to death after first field dressing is used.

Cons:1. Might not be workable (you'd know much more about this than me)
2. Insurgents lose healing capability from civilians
3.People using a field dressing near death when greyed may retain effects.

Possible solution to problem:

2: Give insurgent civilians healing capacity from another object.
Give insurgent soldiers field dressing equivalents to even healing capabilities.

3: Remove grey effect upon use of field dressing
Remove effect of field dressing if 'greyed'

I am not sure whether people would prefer this, or if it is workable.
009783232 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
master of the templars

Default Re: Changed healing system

i think that most people would like this, i for one sure would. but i do think i heard that it can't be done.

Make nukes, Not war
master of the templars is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #3
PRC_Heavy_Z
Retired PR Developer

I highly doubt that it'd be realistic.

Having witness numerous puncture and knife wounds in my time, I can honestly tell you that it is extremely hard to complete stop the blood from gushing out with a single bandage or a gauze patch. Also, chances are the player is wounded in multiple places in game.
PRC_Heavy_Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

the only problem i see is that i think if a bandage stops your bleeding, theres not much incentive really to get healed up from a medic. lets face it the main reason you look for a medic is because your screen is going black and your coughing your brains out. we dont have energy meters anymore from vanilla, so really the only indication that you are seriously hurt is when you start going black/coughing etc. and i think people would choose medic kit even less if this was the case.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:49 AM   #5
Aranykai

Personally, i find the 'realism' of a field medic 'healing' a soldier on the battlefield rather dubious to begin with. I would much rather see this system implemented where a field dressing stops wound progression and there is no way to actually recover health(anyone familiar with America's army might recognize this).

Furthermore, you can then do away with this concept that only medics can heal you, and replace their class with something more useful. Every soldier is trained in stabilizing a soldier for medevac, and that's all you can realistically do in the middle of a firefight in less than 30 seconds.

7thID| Aranykai - 7thID.net

" Honestly its not so much the weapon you have but how you use it that should matter." - [R-DEV]CAS_117"
Aranykai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
Snowno

The field dressing ain't supposed to perfectly heal you. It is only there for light wounds, if you are badly hurt you need a medic.

Snowno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:17 AM   #7
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
the only problem i see is that i think if a bandage stops your bleeding, theres not much incentive really to get healed up from a medic.
true in a way, but having such low health if bleeding stopped would be bad, intsa pwn with enemy fire, frags and low falls will kill you.

i agree with this suggestion, i was going to suggest it a while back but didn't cause figured it might not be possible. i don't think its 100% realistic but more realistic than current bandage system.
gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:48 AM   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yes.....and no

would be better if the rate of health loss was halved

these aren't minor cuts we're dealing with here

but afaik, there isn't a way to make the game understand this, as all it knows is the <75% or whatever it is = bleed.

it will feel better when the deploy time for field dressings is decreased.
Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 AM   #9
Baal

I'd also prefer, if there would be no healing at all and if the fielddressings would just stop the bleeding. When a Medic revives someone, he should have only 25% of his energy and not be able to sprint and jump anymore.

Maybe you could give the main base and fire bases a very slow healing capability, if the person is not bleeding.
Baal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
Dude388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
it will feel better when the deploy time for field dressings is decreased.
Thank god for this!

By the time my solider fumbles around with the FD, I've been shot 10 more times, grenade blasted, tank shelled, run over, and then knifed for good measure....then the FD is available for use .

Dude388 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
changed, healing, system