Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/index.php)
-   PR:BF2 General Discussion (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102568)

Bravo20 2011-09-05 04:23

BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
PR pilots should probably look into this:

"BF2FreeLook brings view controls normally expected of PC air combat games to Battlefield 2; head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan view controls are available for pilot, bomber copilot and driver positions with no loss of vehicle controls."
Download here.

gaurd502 2011-09-05 05:16

Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
Wow, that would change up flying.

Psyrus 2011-09-05 05:32

Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
Like this?


=Toasted= 2011-09-05 05:58

Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyrus (Post 1659714)
Like this?

-snip-

Yes, but wasn't that utilizing the updated game engine that BF2142 had? As in it wouldn't work in BF2 PR.

Psyrus 2011-09-05 06:15

Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by =Toasted= (Post 1659719)
Yes, but wasn't that utilizing the updated game engine that BF2142 had? As in it wouldn't work in BF2 PR.

I was under the impression that was for the 3D hud, but I could be wrong. I definitely remember something about it being 2142 specific, but then again adjustable sights and thermals were also said to be 2142 only or totally impossible and here we find ourselves in 0.97 :) Not to mention that the BF2freelook is a proof of concept anyway.

=Toasted= 2011-09-05 06:25

Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyrus (Post 1659725)
I was under the impression that was for the 3D hud, but I could be wrong. I definitely remember something about it being 2142 specific, but then again adjustable sights and thermals were also said to be 2142 only or totally impossible and here we find ourselves in 0.97 :) Not to mention that the BF2freelook is a proof of concept anyway.

Oh maybe it was only the 3d sights then, I dont quite remember either. I wonder what else could be squeezed out of the refactor2 engine. I mean heck there are even ~120 player servers now.

Damian_ 2011-09-05 08:22

Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
Ok, so now its time for fastropes.

Since the HUD is drawn to the screen, it moves with the view

Gorkounov 2011-09-05 09:34

Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
Holy.... shit.... :D :D :D F**KIN THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness though, Thanks for this find. I'm not gonna download this until I pickup my TrackIR from my mothers house but I'm wondering does this work with TrackIR or only this freelook program? Probably a dumb question.

IMO this got to be stickied or something because this is just one of the best things to happen for PR.
I hope this will force the devs to bring in 3D huds.. Not necessary for transport but the gunships and jets yea..

Psyrus 2011-09-05 10:05

Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorkounov (Post 1659833)
I hope this will force the devs to bring in 3D huds.. Not necessary for transport but the gunships and jets yea..

You have access to the same .con/.tweak files that they do.... :neutral:

Rhino 2011-09-05 10:59

Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyrus (Post 1659877)
You have access to the same .con/.tweak files that they do.... :neutral:

Quite a bit more than just code tweaking tbh, it also mean re-modelling the cockpits as well as loads of other stuff.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9...2011115740.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/345...2011115751.jpg


But yes anyone is welcome to "lend us a hand" in getting us in, rather than "telling us we must put this in" :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:12.

Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2021, Project Reality