Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/index.php)
-   PR:BF2 Suggestions (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Make deploying assets visable (safer) (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149966)

Redline.ss 2020-05-28 23:01

Make deploying assets visable (safer)

First off, I don't mean a preview of whats going to be built (fortnite structures,tf2 turrets). I know that isn't possible, so please don't lock without reading. I did search for this.

It seems like when you deploy an emplacement the actual model or base of the emplacement is dropped in front of you and slides until it finds a spot it can stick and this model is invisible until it lands but it still has collision.

Instead of that model being invisible could it be maybe a different texture or color, maybe like a transparent blue? That way you at least see whats about to crush you and maybe just give you enough time to dodge it.

Thanks

AlonTavor 2020-05-28 23:39

Re: Make deploying assets visable (safer)

Nice theory, but its not what happens.
We spawn an invisible object with collision, if the game decides the object is blocked and spawns it elsewhere, we don't continue to spawn the real object.
There aren't any moving parts. If you see the fake object it already crushed you. It can't damage you after spawning as its set to not have "dynamic" physics

Coalz101 2020-05-29 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redline.ss (Post 2203687)
First off, I don't mean a preview of whats going to be built (fortnite structures,tf2 turrets). I know that isn't possible, so please don't lock without reading. I did search for this.

It seems like when you deploy an emplacement the actual model or base of the emplacement is dropped in front of you and slides until it finds a spot it can stick and this model is invisible until it lands but it still has collision.

Instead of that model being invisible could it be maybe a different texture or color, maybe like a transparent blue? That way you at least see whats about to crush you and maybe just give you enough time to dodge it.

Thanks

Or simply have no collision until it is actually placed?

AlonTavor 2020-05-29 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coalz101 (Post 2203728)

Which means the engine isn't going to tell us if its a valid position.

Redline.ss 2020-05-29 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coalz101 (Post 2203728)

I figured if it was possible they would have done the no collision thing already.

Oh well.

Could they be made to deploy a little farther away so you're not so close to the crush zone? I think they deploy about 5m in front of you, maybe 8-10 would work better? If you have only 5m to place something you're asking to be crushed anyway(alleyways, buildings).