Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/index.php)
-   PR:BF2 Community Modding (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=388)
-   -   Need help with distant sounds! (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150538)

Multi 2020-11-08 12:04

Need help with distant sounds!

Hello, i've been making a sound mod for the latest version of Project Reality, i made the gun sounds work properly, etc, the issue is related to the Distant Firing sounds, i replaced the original sounds (in this case the fal_far.ogg file) with the same format and bitrate, however the sound simply dissapears, i checked and realized distant sounds don't actually need loop regions

what am i doing wrong? same format and bitrate, but the sound simply dissapears

any idea? :m1helmet:

Arab 2020-11-09 06:01

Re: Need help with distant sounds!

Hi there :)

Make sure the distance sounds are mono and 44.1kHz as they will not play properly.
The distant sounds is added to the muzzle flash effect and that's how we achieve that effect, so if it says ObjectTemplate.is3DSound 1 then it means the engine must play the mono sound over both channels.

For making ogg work, exporting the .wav file as .ogg with Audacity for example will not work.
Instead, you need to download the BF2 Sound Tools.zip and extract it, then drag the .wav file into oggenc which will convert that file into a readable format for Battlefield 2.

Multi 2020-11-15 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arab (Post 2207547)

Make sure the distance sounds are mono and 44.1kHz as they will not play properly.
The distant sounds is added to the muzzle flash effect and that's how we achieve that effect, so if it says ObjectTemplate.is3DSound 1 then it means the engine must play the mono sound over both channels.

For making ogg work, exporting the .wav file as .ogg with Audacity for example will not work.
Instead, you need to download the BF2 Sound Tools.zip and extract it, then drag the .wav file into oggenc which will convert that file into a readable format for Battlefield 2.

Thank you! but where is "ObjectTemplate.is3DSound 1" supposed to be?

Multi 2020-11-15 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arab (Post 2207547)

NEVERMIND! made the sound work flawlessly, thank you! now i can finally start modding distant sounds now 8-)