Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82410)

Lugubrum 2010-06-24 05:17

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Pretty entertaining match Ghana - Germany, but with some boring moments. Second half was better though. The power of Germany is in the attack. Once they do that you have some entertaining football.

And wow, Germany against England? That must going to be a great match. :D

SketzoH 2010-06-24 10:56

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5365014_n.jpg

:lol:

Serbiak 2010-06-24 11:40

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SketzoH (Post 1373776)

Haha you wish...

PlaynCool 2010-06-24 11:50

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Damn you serbs, how could you against Australia?...Now atleast we are going to watch Germany-England...

DrugKoala 2010-06-24 12:14

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PlaynCool (Post 1373801)
Damn you serbs, how could you against Australia?...Now atleast we are going to watch Germany-England...

That last "almost goal" that could've turned Pantelić into national hero, is just unexplainable... Even I, who is football anti-talent, could've make that ball go inside the goal, not over it from point blank...

lucidrians 2010-06-24 12:17

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
(10chars)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerfire (Post 1373475)
Ahw man. This Sunday will be heated.

Germany versus England. I'd normally say that Germany would beat the english seeing that England has had trouble getting out of the group stage alive. But Germany was not so cool. Against Australia it was nice 'though that could have because the Aussies were considerably inferior to the German when it came to football. But against Serbia it was..... welll.... they fell short from everybody expectancies. The match against Ghana was better but still the game was won because Özil made a helluva goal. Very lucky.


Also, Argentina plays against Mexico later that same day. I think Argentina is playing quite good this year and will beat off Mexico with ease.

Now if Germany wins against England and Argentina wins against Mexico..... The Quarter Finals would see Argentina facing against Germany..... AHW MAN!!! I'M SO SCR***D! During the last world cup Germany beat Argentina by penalties also in the Quarter Finals. I had to pretend I was Canadian so that I wouldn't get a chew out by the local fans (And they were pissed... like really pissed).

(For those that don't know: I'm a German citizen living in Argentina).

Wat.

Panzerfire 2010-06-24 12:43

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardCandy (Post 1373812)
(10chars)

Wat.

Yeah inmigration works both sides you know :razz:

'Though I was convinced of mantaining the german citizenship in case the sh*t hit the fan and had to find an easy way out.

KingLorre 2010-06-24 12:47

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerfire (Post 1373822)
Yeah inmigration works both sides you know :razz:

'Though I was convinced of mantaining the german citizenship in case the sh*t hit the fan and had to find an easy way out.

That rings a bell??

Only kidding ofcourse.

Right Holland - Cameroon tonight, I am very exited to see what happens. I mean Cameroon isnt the best team around but i am sure they still have some suprises lying in wait for us.

Zimmer 2010-06-24 12:54

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
http://pondus.no/Global/2010%20%206%...dus-uflaks.jpg


Unlucky with the combination?

Panzerfire 2010-06-24 13:03

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLorre (Post 1373824)
That rings a bell??

Only kidding ofcourse.

http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/i/m/imhappyplz.gif

We european pirates need an easy way out from the American lands.


Anyway back on Topic.

I don't know about Japan and Denmark but I definitively want Slovakia to win or draw against Italy while New Zealand beats Paraguay. Anything to keep the italians out. :twisted:

Elektro 2010-06-24 13:20

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
USA have made every single game entertaining gotta give them that, they are playing awesome this year.

They could actually go to the semi finals this year if not the finals. Who knows? They might even win ;)

Denmark - Japan, Denmark has to win while Japan can live with a draw. Its going to be all or nothing.

gazzthompson 2010-06-24 13:24

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Is there a table or the likes showing how the winners of the respective quarters play ?

WelshManDan 2010-06-24 13:26

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elektro (Post 1373840)
USA have made every single game entertaining gotta give them that, they are playing awesome this year.

They could actually go to the semi finals this year if not the finals. Who knows? They might even win ;).

USA have as much chance at winning the World Cup, as Wales do at winning the World Series of Baseball.

Entertaining is very different to skill level

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzthompson (Post 1373842)
Is there a table or the likes showing how the winners of the respective quarters play ?

http://www.excely.com/football/2010-...schedule.shtml

This kinda does it but you have to enter the scores etc

Elektro 2010-06-24 13:35

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshManDan (Post 1373843)
USA have as much chance at winning the World Cup, as Wales do at winning the World Series of Baseball.

Entertaining is very different to skill level

And National teams are very different from club teams. The US are one of the teams who have made most goals so far and thats a fact. Why would they have less chance at winning this than Italy, Germany or any other big football nation?

WelshManDan 2010-06-24 13:39

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elektro (Post 1373854)
And National teams are very different from club teams. The US are one of the teams who have made most goals so far and thats a fact. Why would they have less chance at winning this than Italy, Germany or any other big football nation?

Who said anything about Club teams? And just trust me on this one, USA are entertaining to watch but they havent shown the skill level which can match that of Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Argentina. All of these teams have picked there game up and are all looking like World Beaters. Im afraid the US isnt a world beater, although they are definetly entertaining.

Edit: And most goals? they have scored 4 goals in the entire tournament so far, Portugal almost doubled that against Greece.

Edit 2: Did you seriously say Italy might win this year? Ill be surprised if they get out of the group stages.

Elektro 2010-06-24 13:44

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshManDan (Post 1373856)
Who said anything about Club teams? And just trust me on this one, USA are entertaining to watch but they havent shown the skill level which can match that of Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Argentina. All of these teams have picked there game up and are all looking like World Beaters. Im afraid the US isnt a world beater, although they are definetly entertaining.

It all varies from match to match, who would have thought that Switzerland would win against Spain?

The fact is that in the elimination stage the US will meet Ghana. If they manage to win, they will meet Uruguay or South Korea.

After that is the Semi Finals and it takes one moment to turn everything around with an unexpected goal.

So from my viewpoint, seeing the US play in a Semi-Final or Finals is definitely possible :-P

WelshManDan 2010-06-24 13:46

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elektro (Post 1373858)
So from my viewpoint, seeing the US play in a Semi-Final or Finals is definitely possible :-P

Yeah, they might beat Ghana, but Ghana play some very, very fast football and looked like scoring a good few times against Germany last night. In fact Germany were quite lucky that Ghana just couldnt get one in.

Cassius 2010-06-24 14:08

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SketzoH (Post 1373776)

The germans look unimpressed.

LeChuckle 2010-06-24 14:13

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerfire (Post 1373837)
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/i/m/imhappyplz.gif

We european pirates need an easy way out from the American lands.


Anyway back on Topic.

I don't know about Japan and Denmark but I definitively want Slovakia to win or draw against Italy while New Zealand beats Paraguay. Anything to keep the italians out. :twisted:

italians cheated their way to victory 2006, so yes. remember Australia!!!

Elektro 2010-06-24 14:17

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuckle (Post 1373869)
italians cheated their way to victory 2006,

How so?

SketzoH 2010-06-24 14:22

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassius (Post 1373867)
The germans look unimpressed.

Oh they will be on sunday ;)

and 1-0 to slovakia :-)

Hans Martin Slayer 2010-06-24 15:29

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
LOL, Arrivederci guys..

SVK 2 - 0 ITA

15 minutes to go.

Cassius 2010-06-24 15:30

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
I am not surprised really. The performance fluctuation of the Italian national Team is downright frightening. If we could find a way to convert it into energy it could solve all our energy problems.

Hans Martin Slayer 2010-06-24 15:44

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
What a match! :-D

SVK 3 - 2 ITA now.

Cassius 2010-06-24 15:52

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Its funny how the germans would rather play a team in its prime, that beat Italy than an Italian team with just the goalie and the referee on the field.

sweedensniiperr 2010-06-24 15:54

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
OMFG italy is out!

but to be fair i think they should have played better in the other games..

good match 3-2 gratz to paraguay and slovakia :-o

Duke 2010-06-24 15:56

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
So not one, but TWO disallowed goals? Neither of which was conclusively offside?

Yet the Kiwis drew against us with a goal that was so far offside it was practically out of the stadium?

Urgh.

Admittedly we played poorly, but its just horrible that the errors of officials have this much impact on a country's success or failure in a world cup.

Cassius 2010-06-24 15:59

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Duke (Post 1373959)
So not one, but TWO disallowed goals? Neither of which was conclusively offside?

Yet the Kiwis drew against us with a goal that was so far offside it was practically out of the stadium?


Urgh.

Fifa does not want. Face it to a certain degree the world cup is a marketing tool for football and fifa wants to be able to at least influence the games to a certain degree occasionally.

G.Drew 2010-06-24 16:03

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Slovakia 3-2 Italy

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/17-I-lol.jpg

Scot 2010-06-24 16:05

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.Drew (Post 1373965)

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...ite/i-lold.jpg

Karma is a bitch!

cri74 2010-06-24 16:05

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
What a fantastic match.. congrats Slovakia !

SketzoH 2010-06-24 16:10

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Congrats slovakia was an epic last half!

Hauteclocque 2010-06-24 16:11

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Italians asking for video mouhaha...it's what gave the red card to Zidane in 2006, the three referees being out of the action...the fourth referee informed the others thanks to the video.

Yes, the referee is not always on your side, karma is a bitch as they say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcornBeing (Post 1373974)
It should have been a tie. The other two goals were not counted to Italy. Although to me it seemed like the one with the Slovakian defender behind the goal line kicking off the ball should be counted.

The ball was stopped on the line.

PS : seems the blue is not a color to be worn at this world cup :mrgreen:

AcornBeing 2010-06-24 16:11

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
It should have been a tie. The other two goals were not counted to Italy. Although to me it seemed like the one with the Slovakian defender behind the goal line kicking off the ball should be counted.

Anyway, congratulations, Slovakia - good effort, and Italy - good luck next time. ;-)

Cassius 2010-06-24 16:11

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Who will win the world cup then? Brazil again or argentina?

hyraclyon 2010-06-24 16:43

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Who will win the world cup then? Brazil again or argentina?
Netherlands of course :roll:

:wink:

Colonelcool125 2010-06-24 16:52

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Looks like Italy...

took a dive.

http://www4.pic-upload.de/14.06.10/uagowylilq4e.gif

Michael_Denmark 2010-06-24 17:11

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassius (Post 1373975)
Who will win the world cup then? Brazil again or argentina?

I haven't seen a single match so far with Argentina, only read about them.

I say Brasil - sorry Argentina.

In regard to other possibilities, however, the team USA has deployed this time, seems quite good when you look at the amount of chances it has created. Its actually not that few. Also that team has fighting spirit too.

Then again, England, Germany - both with strong teams.

Think its still difficult to say.

***

We play against Japan soon. May the best team win.

Hans Martin Slayer 2010-06-24 17:18

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
http://bilder.bild.de/BILD/sport/fus...height=349.jpg

http://bilder.bild.de/BILD/sport/fus...height=349.jpg

http://bilder.bild.de/BILD/sport/fus...height=349.jpg


Quote:

JOB DONE NOW FOR THE HUN
:lol:

Pantera 2010-06-24 17:41

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
 
LOL @ the british tabloids...seriously england YOUR NOT FUNNY...

jeesh


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:30.

Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2023, Project Reality