Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   are the devs gonna do PR mod for SQUAD? PR:squad (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147384)

danielritual 2018-03-12 20:01

are the devs gonna do PR mod for SQUAD? PR:squad

are the devs gonna do PR mod for SQUAD? PR:squad.

I hear this in squad forum:

"...Q: With the Mod Tools out and the Workshop online what do you expect Modders to create and what kind of content would you like them to create? Have there been any mods that stood out to you guys that you'd like to mention? - pureparadise
A: I really liked the helicopter mod! It was surreal for me flying around Squad maps in a helo for the first time, and I thought it was awesome that I got to have that experience with a mod.
We would like to see all sorts of mods, and I wouldn't mind seeing people going way out there and making survival mods, zombie mods, king of the hill, battle royale, casual style play and inventory. If there ever is a Project Reality mod for Squad, we'll know we've reached peak mod meta haha. Heck if at some point I get some time freed up I might spend a bit working on a mod myself!
I know there are some who might not be 100% cool about seeing those things, but tbh I think it would be great to have more diversity outside the vanilla game, and I think it would expose the base game experience to a lot of people who have never seen it, much as vanilla Battlefield did for Project Reality. As long as we keep a strong core vanilla game experience outside of modding with an active player base (think Battlefield 2), I don't see an issue with having that kind of diverse modding ecosystem...."

WHAT ABOUT?

RollingInTheHurt 2018-03-13 09:53

Re: are the devs gonna do PR mod for SQUAD? PR:squad

Because PR2 and PR ArmA was such successes right?
SQUAD is over hyped under performing garbage. We don't need another "dial-an-fps-on-UE4" thanks.

Mineral 2018-03-13 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingInTheHurt (Post 2184549)
Because PR2 and PR ArmA was such successes right?
SQUAD is over hyped under performing garbage. We don't need another "dial-an-fps-on-UE4" thanks.

If the only posts you are going to make on this forum are to bash any UE4 project perhaps reconsider posting at all. You are just killing conversations and boring.

danielritual 2018-03-13 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral (Post 2184550)
If the only posts you are going to make on this forum are to bash any UE4 project perhaps reconsider posting at all. You are just killing conversations and boring.

are you know what about squad:PR ?

camo 2018-03-14 00:04

The answer is no. No PR mod for squad will be made by us.

Cossack 2018-03-14 08:53

Would be cool though, if Squad fails to deliver after official end product release.

mectus11 2018-03-14 11:26

Somebody is probably working on something similar out there already; give the modding scene for Squad a bit to grow.

deadpixels 2018-03-15 21:25

Isn't Squad already very much like PR?

KingLorre 2018-03-16 14:16

But squad and PR are pretty much the same game already, partly made by the same people!? Except for maybe factions it plays completely the same therefore wouldn't it be redundant? Lol?

Vista 2018-03-16 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLorre (Post 2184741)
But squad and PR are pretty much the same game already, partly made by the same people!? Except for maybe factions it plays completely the same therefore wouldn't it be redundant? Lol?

Squad and PR are incredibly different.