Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/index.php)
-   PR Highlights (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   [Map] Masirah (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150093)

Rabbit 2020-07-15 19:29

Re: Masirah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VTRaptor (Post 2204754)
There's no Rafale in the game anyways my dudes.

That's actually the easy part. There are bf2 mods that have them.

https://i.imgur.com/7pnyZH6.png (dont mind the euro fighter next to it)

InfantryGamer42 2020-07-15 22:00

Re: Masirah
 
Nice, so 4 km French map whit jets when?

Coalz101 2020-07-15 23:26

Re: Masirah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 2204730)
Then what about mec, should they get fighters too to balance out? What should they be using? Now you just enter a rabbit hole no pun intended.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-29K

Here's the solution, basically a naval variant of the MiG 29, Problem potentially solved. In that case there's not much work to be done other than cutting off a few pieces and copying a tail hook on that and maybe a paintjob.

edit: If we're not willing to give MEC navy aircrafts, we can just drop a Shilka or two on the map for them and a few of stationary quad guns

Rabbit 2020-07-15 23:50

Re: Masirah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coalz101 (Post 2204778)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_MiG-29K

Here's the solution, basically a naval variant of the MiG 29, Problem potentially solved. In that case there's not much work to be done other than cutting off a few pieces and copying a tail hook on that and maybe a paintjob.

edit: If we're not willing to give MEC navy aircrafts, we can just drop a Shilka or two on the map for them and a few of stationary quad guns

Great, now all we need is someone to make the Charles de Gaulle, should be easy. /s

lao 2020-07-19 15:44

Re: Masirah
 
Found bugs on 1.6.2 version:
- trans helis wouldn't get repaired at French carrier, neither with nor without jumping out and back again.
- I landed a french trans on a broken buildings roof in city center on the beach street (it's pretty intact contrary to what you might think), and it stayed levitating 1m high over the roof, with engine off. I could even crawl under it.

Gameplay feedback: hard to say, team was disoriented af and completely lacked any semblance of a game plan, but it played fresh and interesting indeed.

Coalz101 2020-07-19 21:44

Re: Masirah
 
This also exists...Somewhere....https://i.imgur.com/7at1Fxx.jpg

lespyd 2020-07-19 23:31

Re: Masirah
 
Getting some positive feedback around this map: "Did a nice job with it, pretty good"

bouya_tetsu 2020-07-20 07:30

Re: Masirah
 
Thank you for this great update:smile:

some feedback;

1. Repair point on MEC carrier
It's a bit difficult to find repair point on MEC carrier for trans.
Although 4 trans helis spawn, the repair point seems to be a bit narrow for them.

2.Wide and Open
The southwestern city area is great with new structures, but most of the map is wide and open.
And it is easy for weapons with thermals such as BMP2M and AMX to slaughter INF.
I think it might be better to make the FOG thicker.

Regards!:mrgreen:

lao 2020-07-20 08:49

Re: Masirah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bouya_tetsu (Post 2204992)
Thank you for this great update:smile:

some feedback;

1. Repair point on MEC carrier
It's a bit difficult to find repair point on MEC carrier for trans.
Although 4 trans helis spawn, the repair point seems to be a bit narrow for them.

2.Wide and Open
The southwestern city area is great with new structures, but most of the map is wide and open.
And it is easy for weapons with thermals such as BMP2M and AMX to slaughter INF.
I think it might be better to make the FOG thicker.

Regards!:mrgreen:

Boya, I think that's the reason the French should never lose city :)
The slaughter is kinda fun, let's see how it plays. That there is no movement in the open for infantry but inside an APC, is already interesting.

Iguanadjy 2020-07-20 17:09

Re: Masirah
 
That map is gorgeous indeed! it’s a pretty nice mix of different terrains, got that wide desert close quarters urban alleyways, tons of buildings and rooftops and that Palace building is awesome! Brings back some BF2 special forces vibes! Firefights are awesome there ! Thank you guys!!!

lao 2020-07-21 13:27

Re: Masirah
 
Bug: misplaced build marker put when on the carrier (or close around, not sure about that).

https://i.imgur.com/Vz1gO6y.jpg

Marker was actually put on City Center (cannot specify where exactly anymore, but I think it was nearflag).

Rabbit 2020-07-21 13:33

Re: Masirah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lao (Post 2205071)
Bug: misplaced build marker put when on the carrier (or close around, not sure about that).

https://i.imgur.com/Vz1gO6y.jpg

Marker was actually put on City Center.

Can't be fixed.

AlonTavor 2020-07-21 13:51

Re: Masirah
 
pretty sure the map view is bugged right now due to some "combat area" stuff

lao 2020-07-21 14:48

Re: Masirah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 2205072)
Can't be fixed.

I see... Is this bug plaguing all 4k maps?

Incidentally, I got interested in modding and wonder how many hours it took you to make this nice map?

P.S. Is there a possibility to have nicer mosque inner hall? Mosque is sure hosting a lot of gameplay, would be nice if it had more ornaments and paintings in the hall.

Nate. 2020-07-21 15:09

Re: Masirah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lao (Post 2205081)
I see... Is this bug plaguing all 4k maps?

No, it's special for this map because the main bases are outside of the normally playable area, like on Falklands (where the same will happen). That's how on Masirah the playable area is more like 6x4 instead of 4x4 because it is made wider that way.

Rabbit 2020-07-21 19:22

Re: Masirah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lao (Post 2205081)

Incidentally, I got interested in modding and wonder how many hours it took you to make this nice map?

probably 1,000. But thats an inflated number because I have remade areas over so many times. Also it was going to have a lot more stuff that never gained traction like retexturing all the mec aircraft.

Brozef 2020-07-22 00:36

Re: Masirah
 
Well it looks gorgeous, good job my dude!

Is there an INS version of this map? Because French vs. Iraqi Insurgents would be absolutely tits on this map.

simeon5541 2020-07-30 05:14

Re: Masirah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit (Post 2204730)
Then what about mec, should they get fighters too to balance out? What should they be using? Now you just enter a rabbit hole no pun intended.

Only thing close to carrier MEC could use besides Mistral, and Mistral on map against French wouldn't feel right would be Ol-class tanker, that ship is in use by Iranians today, and they call it Kharg, and classify it as a helicopter carrier... But that's about it, helicopters, nothing more... Good thing about making that ship class would be that it would have more use, since Brits used it during Falklands War, and it could be placed on some maps posing as a generic cargo ship...

UncleSmek 2020-09-13 19:38

Re: Masirah
 
Can we add more gaps and holes in the fence?

Otherwise breacher will continue to be the most important inf kit on masirah

Rabbit 2020-09-13 19:56

Re: Masirah
 
They probably need to throw in a couple more for vehicles aswell.

UncleSmek 2020-09-13 21:10

Re: Masirah
 
I just noticed i posted this on the highlights thread. I'll post in the correct thread.

BRZbruh 2020-09-14 15:43

Re: Masirah
 
Please make a layer with mbts where the first flag for each team is main base. Sometimes the first flag camp is pretty bad. Also, remove the bunkers layer as it makes the round a boring whoever rushes first keeps the flag for the rest of the game.

Coalz101 2021-04-02 20:33

Re: Masirah
 
Give Maisrah Insurgency Please


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:25.

Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2022, Project Reality