Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/index.php)
-   PR Highlights (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   [Update] v1.6.7 - Update Highlights (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151205)

Mats391 2021-07-17 07:10

Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixcinza (Post 2212358)
Unfortunately, this game mode is not close to the Project Reality original purpose.

This is true, but we tried to keep the individual game mechanics of infantry combat intact. If you have further feedback on how to make it feel and play more like regular PR, feel free to suggest in the feedback thread.

fenixcinza 2021-07-17 18:26

Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats391 (Post 2212366)
This is true, but we tried to keep the individual game mechanics of infantry combat intact. If you have further feedback on how to make it feel and play more like regular PR, feel free to suggest in the feedback thread.

The distance from PR's purpose comes from the required individual game play of the game mode.
Its stimulus to lone wolf game play may be good for some new young blood, but it is certainly a very different approach for old players like me.

robert357 2021-07-17 21:18

Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlonTavor (Post 2212361)
Oh no, people are having fun. How terrible!

Yeeesh. With that attitude I'm surprised that PR didn't go full sci-fi or other unrelated to the mod stuff just because it's fun. ;-)

SShadowFox 2021-07-17 22:43

Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixcinza (Post 2212371)
The distance from PR's purpose comes from the required individual game play of the game mode.
Its stimulus to lone wolf game play may be good for some new young blood, but it is certainly a very different approach for old players like me.

Dude, chill. It's just a gamemode made for low player counts, it isn't replacing AAS and INS. It's funny that people complain about this one, but Skirmish is essentially team deathmatch and in most cases people just go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates, and no one complained about that. I also haven't seen anyone complaining about VW that allows people to one-man tanks and APCs.

It's just a curiosity gamemode. If anything, what really ruins PR are the cheaters. :wink:

fenixcinza 2021-07-18 00:58

Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SShadowFox (Post 2212374)
Dude, chill. It's just a gamemode made for low player counts, it isn't replacing AAS and INS. It's funny that people complain about this one, but Skirmish is essentially team deathmatch and in most cases people just go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates, and no one complained about that. I also haven't seen anyone complaining about VW that allows people to one-man tanks and APCs.

It's just a curiosity gamemode. If anything, what really ruins PR are the cheaters. :wink:

The players are not in clans nowadays as they were before. Therefore, they usually play in an unorganized squad which in turn plays in an unorganized team. In AAS and certainly also in skirmish game modes, the team with the better organization usually wins the match. Players in clans play much more organized than random players.

No one complains if "people go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates" just because this was their choice. There is no option in this game mode other than "go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates".

Although this is not a topic for this thread, I do not see many cheaters. For every cheater, I see a hundred players (and ex-players) afraid of being killed by a possible cheater.

Concani 2021-07-25 01:13

Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixcinza (Post 2212358)
Unfortunately, this game mode is not close to the Project Reality original purpose.

just don't play :lol:

Brotherscompany 2021-09-06 14:51

Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixcinza (Post 2212379)
No one complains if "people go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates" just because this was their choice. There is no option in this game mode other than "go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates".

No problem dude, just be sure to join and help seeding the server on the 1 000 000th time on Fallujah followed by Gaza and then Kokan, lm sure you will enjoy your play set building FOBs for 10min and then getting some sporadic action for hours. Dont forget to rejoin us tomorrow for the exact same thing!

This is a much needed addiction to seed servers although its far from the original PR concept it was absolutely needed. Skirmish like it was mentioned its basically TDM and doesn't work to seed servers and most often than not it depops them. The usual players that seed are usually no mics, or at least were when l seeded servers and it was nearly impossible to have coordinated SQs, and if you did its not properly a good idea because you can foresee the effect of a organized SQ agaisnt a mob of players with low comunication and possibly new players (low skilled a lot of new faces that arent aware of the idea behind the seed)

robert357 2021-09-06 22:22

Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights
 
Well... I personally liked being a SL on skirmish modes because this is, for me, only place where I can learn that role without massive pressure from teammates. Of course a lot of times you'll end up with bunch of no-mic lone-wolfing people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brotherscompany (Post 2212952)
(low skilled a lot of new faces that arent aware of the idea behind the seed)

About that sentence. This is strange how times changes. I remember when people would explain the idea of game, of teamwork, game mechanics etc for those new faces rather complains that they exist. I mean, everyone was a noobie.


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:25.

Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2022, Project Reality