project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs
16 Jan 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1. Old Comment

Arbalet-DM RWS for Tigr-M

I think that's a cool update. Like who doesn't? Hope no one does not, lol.
    Posted 2018-12-30 at 16:42 by Bananamaster19822 Bananamaster19822 is offline
  2. Old Comment

Working Smoke Grenades against bots

I'm late to the party here, but this is impressive stuff
  3. Old Comment

It's reported that if it is made cannot see through leaves the bot would be not working well fighting at open space.
    Updated 2018-12-14 at 04:38 by ssd21345
  4. Old Comment

maybe this is helping
    Posted 2018-12-09 at 06:27 by OverproudIndonesianBoi OverproudIndonesianBoi is offline
  5. Old Comment

if the dev add the newest Russian Tech they should add Ratnik/Warrior kit for Russian Infantries :/
    Posted 2018-12-08 at 15:20 by OverproudIndonesianBoi OverproudIndonesianBoi is offline
  6. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaxP View Comment
    Technically it is very simple to make bots to not see through the leaves, and it doesn't needs any tricks, but it would be a very bad decision, 'cause their behavior will become very weird.
    Is that a fact or speculation?? Cant bots have a code that will let them know they can walk through a special object that is a vegetation but cant see through them? Lot of maps are unplayable CoOp because of this issue, like Sareeme which is my favorite!
  7. Old Comment

Hm, are we going the absolutely same way with somebody, or is it my config?
    I've implemented the same a year ago or so.
    I gave a tweak to some modders too this summer:
    http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.c...howtopic=15744
    I wonder 'cause there is a some irony: I used "the napalm system (GLU-1) to create a spawner, that spawns an invisible Player Controlled Object with mapped materials and detonation code that uses the collision mesh when the projectile is activated", then I've implemented the smoke greande, based on SatNav colmesh, and also the vehicle smokescreens.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez9QSLDrSnA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKJDHKQByk
    In process:
    https://youtu.be/QkhXfW_xT4s

I'm very grateful to PR team for their mod, as it brings me to modding, and I always glad to share my work with them, like it was with AI bomber cars implementation (but you've made your own) or other stuff. I never asked nothing for my own work, but if it is my work, it will really hurts me. I've spend years to implement this feature, and only a couple of people thanked me...

Quote:
    I am wondering if this solution would be applicable to bushes in maps with a lot vegetation as well, cause bots technically view though bushes
    Technically it is very simple to make bots to not see through the leaves, and it doesn't needs any tricks, but it would be a very bad decision, 'cause their behavior will become very weird.
    Updated 2018-10-20 at 02:59 by MaxP
  8. Old Comment

Hey Arab, that's great news, waiting so long for that, being a player that mainly plays coop.
    I am wondering if this solution would be applicable to bushes in maps with a lot vegetation as well, cause bots technically view though bushes which makes such maps a whole different experience in coop compared to playing them in p vs p.
    Posted 2018-10-14 at 23:04 by Dr. Phil Perlmutter Dr. Phil Perlmutter is offline
  9. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by faulktime View Comment
    Just putting it out there, but i'm just wondering if MRAP's are being considered since the US and other countries have been using them for a while now? Thanks for the content.
    You mean to replace transport trucks with MRAPs? I think it is possible in certain Middle East scenario maps, where MRAPs known to be used, but not on all maps, since MRAPs are expensive and not as numerous in ordinary armies as normal trucks, to replace them completely. However the main problem here would be 3d models, if someone could give MRAP model to PR team, I'm sure it would appear in game.
    Updated 2018-10-05 at 18:11 by Hokunin
  10. Old Comment

dude you're awesome, well done