project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs
17 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1. Old Comment

Sangin update

looks like that map(Musa Qala) that R-DEV Max made but bigger... looks nice
  2. Old Comment

Sangin update

pretty stars
  3. Old Comment

Sangin update

Map looks amazing, best of luck with your 2nd kid.
  4. Old Comment

Sangin update

Sorry dude, updated the post, I’m finally getting towards the end of development with it now so I figured I could get away with a cheeky 1st April post...

The map won’t be to everyone’s taste, some won’t like the scale, amount of concealment etc etc, but hopefully some people will enjoy playing on it. It has taken a huge chunk of my life to make, and Rhino’s too with all the work he’s put into the thousands of custom objects among other things to help me get it made.

As it’s getting closer to completion I’ll try to keep you guys a little more updated on progress.
  5. Old Comment

Sangin update

You have to understand Dr rank that this is going to be THE best map ever made PR.
  6. Old Comment

Sangin update

Seriously, All I ever wanted was to play this fucking map and you pull this shit yet another april fools? I am so fucking hurt right now, all I want to do is to play this fucking map as a british and mil sim the fucking shit out of it
  7. Old Comment

Sangin update

I smell... April fools. But I want this map so bad !
  8. Old Comment

Webserver Update

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fenriz9000 View Comment
    If you don't sure the way how attackers did it, so it's not possible to be sure that our data is not compromised.

The data from the SQL database might have been pulled, that is perfectly possible. But there's not a lot of data in there, the most valuable being your email address and the securely encrypted passwords.

Hence the recommendation to ABSOLUTELY change your password, and not to just use the same one again. An attacker now has all the time in the world to bruteforce the PWs.
  9. Old Comment

Working Smoke Grenades against bots

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaxP View Comment
    Hm, are we going the absolutely same way with somebody, or is it my config?
    I've implemented the same a year ago or so.
    I gave a tweak to some modders too this summer:
    http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.c...howtopic=15744
    I wonder 'cause there is a some irony: I used "the napalm system (GLU-1) to create a spawner, that spawns an invisible Player Controlled Object with mapped materials and detonation code that uses the collision mesh when the projectile is activated", then I've implemented the smoke greande, based on SatNav colmesh, and also the vehicle smokescreens.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez9QSLDrSnA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKJDHKQByk
    In process:
    https://youtu.be/QkhXfW_xT4s

I'm very grateful to PR team for their mod, as it brings me to modding, and I always glad to share my work with them, like it was with AI bomber cars implementation (but you've made your own) or other stuff. I never asked nothing for my own work, but if it is my work, it will really hurts me. I've spend years to implement this feature, and only a couple of people thanked me...

Technically it is very simple to make bots to not see through the leaves, and it doesn't needs any tricks, but it would be a very bad decision, 'cause their behavior will become very weird.
    Hey MaxP, sorry for the long reply.
    It's actually from ArmorRus who has given me permission to include it. It is from the Zone of Continuous Fire 2 mod:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/zcf

With anything, we ask for permission before we include it for release as we avoid plagiarism of any kind, respecting artist's decision to include them in the game or not.

Updated the main post.
    Updated 2019-03-03 at 05:13 by Arab
  10. Old Comment

Webserver Update

Great work guys, many thanks!

As Hokunin says, 10 more years of realitymod.com is Wunderbar!

And importantly, as Senshi pointed out, sooo much great content on this site! A lot of it is still useful, interesting or fun, in some of us's estimation.

I'll make another overdue donation.
    Posted 2019-03-02 at 17:20 by TheMerchantOfMenace TheMerchantOfMenace is offline