project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > BloodyDeed
08 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry
PR 1.0 Beta Testing Skirmish Footage #1
Posted in: Uncategorized
Posted 2013-03-01 at 13:36 by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed

During the past couple of weeks the PR:BF2 testing team run some small test sessions, mainly focused around deviation and weapon changes.
Because we have not shared that much lately I thought it would be a great way to show you some "1.0 in action":

[YOUTUBEHD]QmyWQVzovuI[/YOUTUBEHD]

This is raw gameplay, slightly cut with chatting from developers/testers.
While I am aware that this doesn't really show anything new I hope you guys still enjoy it and get an impression how 1.0 feels and sounds.

Please keep in mind that this video shows [B]work in progress[/B].
Things you see or hear might have been changed already or will be changed until the public release.

Stay tuned, there is more to come...
Views: 24513 | Comments: 56

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 56
  1. Old Comment
    Sniper rifle seems a bit underpowered, I'm pretty sure I saw at least two guys survive direct hits to the torso with that.

Also, the blood spray seems too voluminous and bright. I think it will make it too easy for shooters to see when they get hits, and I would like there to be more uncertainty or at least more careful observation when it comes to that.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stealth Clobber View Comment
    Nice to know the SSG-P1 for the MEC still sucks at it's job in PR 1.0. That job would be killing people in 1 shot, as a sniper rifle. I've found that the SSG-P1 even doesn't 1 shot on headshots sometimes in .98
    Considering that even pistols 1 shot kill in a headshot, I have trouble believing this one.
  3. Old Comment
    I definately dont like these pretty and sweety sounds of guns. Where is hardcore?
    Listen current default sounds of AK47, G3! TADADADADA! I even smells smoke of it when shooting!

Quote:
    Also, the blood spray seems too voluminous and bright.
    +1

Make it T R U
    Updated 2013-03-04 at 11:28 by zloyrash
  4. Old Comment
    The sniper rifles behave exactly the same as always. 1 hit kill the legs, arms, and head. Conceding black and white hits by hitting the enemy's armour are very useful in a firefight, anyways. ties up the medic, and disables the shooter for a good minute.
  5. Old Comment
    not much to go on based on this video though.
    I like the new hit detection/blood splatter, it is now easier to confirm if you've hit someone, although that is personal preference.
    I would like to see the Devs do a demonstration of the changes made to deviation in a much more controlled environment.
    Nonetheless, keep up the good work.
  6. Old Comment
    can we have another of these footage?