project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Jaymz
18 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry
Good news everyone! (X2)
Posted in: Coding
Posted 2010-01-21 at 08:15 by Jaymz

[B][SIZE=5][IMG]http://www.geekstir.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/goodneweveryone.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=5]Part 1 : The "D" word........[/SIZE][/B]

Apart from the previously mentioned "prone spam" fix, this is the only deviation change made for 0.9 that applies to [B]all[/B] weapons.

[QUOTE]WEAPONS: Deviation on ALL hand held weapons modified. Full settle time for ANY weapon is not required unless you've been on the move for 5 seconds. This works linearly, so if you've been on the move for 1 second, you'll only require 1/5th of the settle time, for 2 seconds, 2/5ths etc. (jaymz) 11388[/QUOTE]

It's safe to say that basic deviation in 0.9 will function just like it does in 0.87 but with two major improvements,
[LIST=1][*]Instaproning will be completely useless [I](unlike previously where hitting "z" and spraying would win every CQB engagement)[/I][*]You will be able to make minor "wasd" corrections with almost [B]no[/B] accuracy loss [I](unlike previously where just tapping any movement key reset all deviation to minimal accuracy)[/I][/LIST]No, we don't have leaning, sway, weapon collision or any of several features that can properly simulate weaponry handling in the FPS realm. But what we [B]do[/B] have in place for 0.9 is a system that's far superior than what we're used to and will, dare I say, [B]greatly[/B] improve both CQB and medium/long range firefights! :mrgreen:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...and so concludes the first bit of good news....

[B][SIZE=5]Part 2 : Why do I hear Hueys everywhere!!! Oh god!!!! Wait, what? I can't hear you, it sounds like there's a Huey inside my brain![/SIZE][/B]

You all know what I'm talking about. You're on Jabal, or Barracuda, or Ramiel......and the invisible helicopters of doom are everywhere. Well, fear no more! Because thanks to hours of brainstorming, Ancientman's Aussie intuition (which before this I never believed in), db's magical scriptorium of wonders and my......something! 0.9 will be sound bug free!

Disclaimer : We haven't fully tested the sound bug fix, but we're pretty sure it works..... [SIZE=1][I]<- famous last words [/I][/SIZE]

...and so concludes part 2....

So.......I leave you all with comedian Bill Bailey on "Starsky & Hutch Music" : [URL="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/746338/comedian_bill_bailey_starsky_hutch_music/"]Comedian Bill Bailey - Starsky & Hutch Music - Video[/URL]
Updated 2010-01-22 at 05:21 by Chuc
Views: 13791 | Comments: 42

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 42
  1. Old Comment
    If sound bug is gone, can we get helis back in qwai?
    Posted 2010-01-22 at 13:46 by Not_able_to_kill Not_able_to_kill is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Aussie intuition ftw!
    good job aMan jayms and db!

(sif you cant belive in aussie intuition, i can hear when the artillery is about to hit :P)
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Not_able_to_kill View Comment
    If sound bug is gone, can we get helis back in qwai?
    They're back, look at the Map overview thread.
  4. Old Comment
    awesome awesome awesome
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SprintJack View Comment
    If you will take a look at blog post with map loading screens you will see that there is a version of basrah with attack helicopters
    Nah mate, thats the Co-Op version of basrah, the PVP Insurgency version still lack Air Superiority.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Raic View Comment
    Question!
    How bout when walking with the weapon sighted in? In current version I think the deviation goes pretty small if you walk, but not to the most accurate dot. Is this still possible in .9? One of the things I liked about iron sights was that I could walk around corner without losing the deviation completely.
    Answer!
    In terms of a rifle in PR : When you sight in, your accuracy is much better so sighting in is always the way to go. The new 5 seconds movement rule doesn't differentiate between walk and run, it's only based on the time you've held "wasd" for. To finally answer your question...yes, that will still be possible and will, in fact, be even more effective in 0.9.
  7. Old Comment
    thank the gods for doing this, or the devs same thing.
  8. Old Comment
    yay deviation fixes!!FTW
  9. Old Comment
    *jizzes in pants*
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SprintJack View Comment
    If you will take a look at blog post with map loading screens you will see that there is a version of basrah with attack helicopters
    Eh.

I was talking about the merlin. INS is really made better by having one or two trans helicopters, attack helos just make the BLUFOR side a little too overpowered.