project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs
04 Aug 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1. Old Comment

Type 912 Director Radar - Type 21 System (#1)

Shame, now hoping that targeting computers and stabilizers will be implemented in squad to some extend. Still hyped to be captain on a ship through, I almost imagine that it would be even more coveted than CAS due to it being so unique.
  2. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mries View Comment
    That they not lock on lasers I can understand, but could they see lasers, so for awesome target designation. Like that spotters, or maybe the captain, can shoot lasers to targets and then the guncrew can fire towards it?
    They will be able to "somewhat" see laser targets yes, but from a shooting land targets POV, probably not all that useful, other than for possibly getting distance to target information.
  3. Old Comment

That they not lock on lasers I can understand, but could they see lasers, so for awesome target designation. Like that spotters, or maybe the captain, can shoot lasers to targets and then the guncrew can fire towards it?
  4. Old Comment
  5. Old Comment

"Covering fire!!"

I think the version without the Stock looks cooler , but nice job anyway looks great
  6. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LiamNL View Comment
    Ah okay, questions then, will the torpedo tubes be functional against enemy waterborn vessels (and will there be a Argentinian waterborne vessel to use the torpedoes and exocet missiles on). And what kind of systems are assigned to which role, I would expect that because as few people need to be on the ship as possible that the captain would also have a weapon system next to sailing the ship.
    All will be revealed in time, mainly since while we do have a pretty good idea of how we are going to have the Frigate setup, everything is still very subject to change at this point.

Quote:
    Also is there a way to compensate for the ships movements on the weapon systems, as in real life they would usually have a targeting computer to counter the sway of the ship. (for some reason I got it in my head that you could put down a laser marker and the ships turret would lock on to it like a targeting computer)
    No sorry, for the same reason why we don't have Fire Control systems in our modern tanks that do in r/l, BF2 simply can't handle that kinda stuff
    But from testing so far it isn't to hard to manually correct for the ships movement, assuming you have an attack marker on the area you want to bombard and a spotter to walk in your shots.

And no the Main Gun etc won't be able to lock onto laser targets, since if they did, the shells would fly to the target like a missile with BF2's physics
  7. Old Comment

Ah okay, questions then, will the torpedo tubes be functional against enemy waterborn vessels (and will there be a Argentinian waterborne vessel to use the torpedoes and exocet missiles on). And what kind of systems are assigned to which role, I would expect that because as few people need to be on the ship as possible that the captain would also have a weapon system next to sailing the ship.

Also is there a way to compensate for the ships movements on the weapon systems, as in real life they would usually have a targeting computer to counter the sway of the ship. (for some reason I got it in my head that you could put down a laser marker and the ships turret would lock on to it like a targeting computer)
  8. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Comment
    so we will have a naval fight?
    All I can confirm right now is you will have a Frigate to play with, yes
  9. Old Comment

so we will have a naval fight?
    Posted 2016-01-21 at 10:46 by Roque_THE_GAMER Roque_THE_GAMER is offline
  10. Old Comment

Quote:
    Every week till release? How many subsystems were there for these posts? So you're saying that it might be in the first quarter of this year?
    There are quite a few, can see most of the keys ones in this picture released last year: https://media.realitymod.com/news/pr1...igate_wip1.jpg

But I should also clarify that firstly, some of these systems will be grouped up into the same update, mainly the small ones or ones related to each other, and not all the updates coming each week will be about the Frigate's systems, some will be about other PR:F and v1.4 stuff

As for when the release might be, that depends on a lot of factors so not going to nail down any dates since a lot can happen between now and then which might delay the release and knowing me, I've massively overestimated what we can do in the time