PDA

View Full Version : never ending wheelies

Sneak Attack
2011-06-10, 00:44
I find that the suspension on vehicles in PR is kinda ridiculous and it means that things like hummers and logi trucks and destroyotas are always doing wheelies. The formula 1 like suspension on the logi trucks makes them very annoying to drive. Any time I hit a bump or something my front end is 8 feet in the air and I cant see where I am going or who I am mowing down and when it does start to do a wheelie they seem to last forever even if you hit the breaks.
My guess is that it happens because we all hall ass and go full speed all the time but something needs to be done so the front end of vehicles isnt always in the air. It doesnt get better if you slow down either, you will still do a wheelie except that it will seem to be in slow motion. I have never once had the back end bounce off the ground.

Its not all vehicles either, tanks and APCs dont have this problem at all even though they arnt that much slower then Logi's and stuff. Logi's have it the worst and I think it is because they have a longer wheel base then hummers and techies. The complete lack of suspension on the Chevy celebrity wagon is strange too but it doesnt have a wheelie problem like the others do.

I dont know if it is gravity or haling ass or formula 1 suspension or a combination of all of those but it can really be obnoxious. Maybe Im the only one that realizes that somethings not right but a change would be cool.

Mikemonster
2011-06-10, 16:06
I think you mean monster truck suspension. F1 suspension is obviously very stiff and reacts fast over small bumps, as well as [I presume] having incremental damping, etc.

You have a very good point though. I'm sure it's been looked at but would also like some insight. Is it possible to set the centre of gravity forward in them?

Sneak Attack
2011-06-14, 14:07
F1 is stiff so it doesn't absorb anything that isn't smooth road and pebbles. If suspension has no travel it can't absorb anything, monster trucks have lots of travel to absorb things ( they just hit absurdly lags bumps to go flying). If they had more weight in the front they would be less likely to do wheelies and instead the back end would pop up. But ya something isn't right or is uneven with them.

Rudd
2011-06-14, 14:11
hit bumps at max speed and yes, you get thrown around

hit bumps at a slower speed and you'll be fine, IRL if a speed bump is in front of you - you take your foot off the gas.

though I will admit some vbf2 vehicles to handle more smoothly than PR ones.

Stealthgato
2011-06-19, 18:18
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3127/screen020o.jpg

Weeeeee

Mikemonster
2011-06-28, 19:05
F1 is stiff so it doesn't absorb anything that isn't smooth road and pebbles. If suspension has no travel it can't absorb anything, monster trucks have lots of travel to absorb things ( they just hit absurdly lags bumps to go flying). If they had more weight in the front they would be less likely to do wheelies and instead the back end would pop up. But ya something isn't right or is uneven with them.

Yeah, it's the damping over the bumps that is causing the apparent 'problem'. You can have all the travel in the world but if damping isn't simulated all you are left with is a mobile trampoline.

To be fair the Brit Logi in real life seems half-way there to being a monster truck.. But don't tell the guys in Logistics.. Actually I think they wouldn't mind if someone did.