PDA

View Full Version : M1 Abrams sound volume and other.

Neighbor Kid
2011-04-14, 03:33
So as i was playing today i noticed that the abrams doesnt really have any audible engine sounds all you can hear is the tracks clanking as it goes along.

i was also wondering about the sounds too. The sounds from BF bad company 2 for the Abrams sound really good, along with the Bradley, BMP, and the T90 sound too for the engine and movement etc. unless copyrighted or incompatibility i think it would be a good sounds to utilize.

Xavo|xXx
2011-04-14, 04:46
You can hear the engine noise. Its just quieter than other tanks. All other tanks in the game use a Diesel engine, but this one uses a Gas Turbine (basically a jet engine). Not sure how quiet it is in comparison to other tanks though.

dtacs
2011-04-14, 07:42
Its exactly that, a jet engine. I too have noticed that its way too quiet and the sounds are imbalanced, like how the sound of brass falling is louder than the firing of weapons in Black Ops.

PatrickLA_CA
2011-04-14, 09:51
I also think that there need to be some sound changes, the brits got brand new awesome sounds and I really like it, would be good if anything similar could be done with the other vehicles.

Neighbor Kid
2011-04-14, 12:01
I also think that there need to be some sound changes, the brits got brand new awesome sounds and I really like it, would be good if anything similar could be done with the other vehicles.

as i said i think the soudns of the Abrams, Bradley, BMP, and T90 from BFBC2 sound fantastic if its legal and compatible with BF2 via format changing in what not.. i think it would be a great idea to so that.. or even record BFBC2 sounds when playing it to get the sounds.

also the engine start up sounds for these vehicles.. the Bradley and M1 abrams and other tanks have low start up engine sounds.. the M1 is named whispering death.. but is by no means silent.. its rather loud when startign up and even on the move its loud.. i think the BFBC2 sound is good for use or the USI mods M1 tank sound is good too.

Neighbor Kid
2011-04-15, 19:22
You guys have the USI mod dont you? I just played it to see their the sounds.. A the sounds of the Abrams gun sounds pretty cool. and B the engine sound is moderatly loud enough as it should be but it could still use a bit more range for hearing it. AAV Bradley and M1 abrams tracks are too loud compared to engine sound.. unbalanced as said before.

Idk if its me but doe the T-90, T72 ,T54 have engine start up sounds.. i hear a louder thud from my sub for a coupeo seconds and thats it before i start moving.. cause there are some nice sounds out there like this one.
YouTube - Tank T-72 M4CZ sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iZAOuMz_zA)