PDA

View Full Version : Update Reality Studios Acquisition - APRIL FOOLS!!!

Pages : [1] 2

AncientMan
2011-03-31, 14:41
We would like to formally announce, that the reality studios acquisition notice is indeed False and was part of our traditional April Fools.

I would like to assure you that we have not stopped work on any of our Projects whatsoever, and we have NO ties to BF3 / EA or DICE in the slightest.

PR: BF2 continues in vain like all the rest of our work.

PR: ArmA2 has not been cancelled, if anything the work flow has recently increased with some new additions to the team, and an update to follow very soon.

ACE do not have any of our work, they have played along with this too - big Thank you goes out to sickboy from ACE ;-)

For the ArmA2 community, who may be new to this tradition I apologise that it leaked over there (I kind of knew it would though...lol).

It caused well over 200 posts within 24 Hours - so it had some effect.

I especially like the following quotes:

BIS Forums (Captured prior to it being edited)

<blockquote>Hellfire257:
Well that was a kick in the teeth. At first I thought this was an early April fools. Well, its still the 31st here.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/96359-update-reality-studios-acquisition.html

Disgraceful. You hype all this up, get a team on board, then bail on the community. Pretty disgusting actually.

Now as best as I can say this, sod off. You've let many people down by doing this. The least you could do is to release what you have as open source, but I doubt you will.</blockquote>
<blockquote>CannonousCrash:
There is also nothing offical from EA, who i guess dont have time for 'silly' april fools jokes.

I hope its a joke because it would be a massive loss to lose PR from Arma, although im sure some people might disagree with me.</blockquote>

PR Forums
<blockquote>martinhjerpe:
Since the developers are confirming it's true so I guess we have to take their word for it....

Why would you post something like this on april 1st when it's not a joke? You have to have done that on purpose, why? You think the best way to finnish is to fuck with the whole communtiy? I hope that made you happy, because it sure had the opposite effect on the communtiy.

I sure hope you make quite an impact on BF3 so I've got something to look forward to.

I am officially disappointed that you won't even make a first release of PR:Arma 2
Not cool, won't be the same thing with ACE PVP. I know they're not going to properly use that material.:-|</blockquote>
<blockquote>Damian:
Mabey thats a double joke and devs want us to think this is a joke when its not, or mabey triple and they know, we know, they know it.</blockquote>
<blockquote>DDS:
If it's a joke I don't think it's funny. It's juvenile and even more so while we wait and see if it is a joke on the community. Making fake maps is funny, this isn't funny. Where are the mature adults at Reality Studios.</blockquote>
<blockquote>CBT02:
i dont think its funny to take advantage of your most dedicated community like this .... if this is in fact fake. im still in doubt cos last year it turned out it wasnt an april fools joke....

so did I or did I not buy combined ops for nothing ? .....</blockquote>
<blockquote>Fuzzy McDoodle:
Great job with the acquisition, but were you not here for the community? Did you already forget how many people will looking forward to ArmA 2 PR and Vietnam?

I'm happy for you guys, but can't help but to be honestly extremely disappointed. I wish you luck on PR2 (whenever that may come out) and getting EA to bring mod tools to BF3.</blockquote>
<blockquote>acemantura:
"This is the End, my lonely friend, the end."

It looks like RealityMod.com will be going down soon guys. I just talked to [R-DEV] PRBot and he said he loves me and they are going to put him down.

What did PRBot do to deserve this!</blockquote>
<blockquote>Ridge:
I was also about to buy Arma 2. Was so looking forward to it. I just hope I can get it before 0.1 comes out.</blockquote>
<blockquote>martinhjerpe:
Building up all this hype, talking about what they want to accomplish with the mod in the future, what goals they have, why even bother when you kinda knew this was going to happen. Podcast and all. Such a waste, such a letdown. I think it's too sudden, that's all. few weeks ago they had goals far ahead and posted that podcast and all, and then..... "screw this, we're not gonna do it". Way to go!</blockquote>

Finally please be assured our main priority is and always will be to our Fantastic Community, we would never Jump Ship on you, and you can quote me on that :-?

@ The Devs .... back to work now, there is a lot to do :mrgreen:

Thank you

- Project Reality Team

<big>Original Post:</big>
<blockquote>Today we have some very exciting news to share regarding the future of the Project Reality! Following some recent developments in the Project Reality: BF2 modification, and some closed door talks with Electronic Arts, we are proud to announce the acquisition of Reality Studios by EA Games!

What must surely come as a shock to our community, especially after EA's lack of serious community involvement with Battlefield modding teams, it has in fact been a decision brewing over many years. And with the recent breakthrough of 128 player support in Project Reality: BF2, something that has not been done before on a Battlefield game, EA saw promise in our work, and seized the opportunity to aquire our award winning team.

So what does this mean?
This means a few things for Project Reality and the Reality Studios Team:

A few select members of Reality Studios will be working directly with Digital Illusions CE on the upcoming game, Battlefield 3. Among the various tasks these people will be working on is implementation 128 player support on PC, as well as modification tools and scripts. Although previously announced that Battlefield 3 will be limited to 64 players on PC, and modification tools were unlikely, while true when announced, this acquisition has given DICE the opportunity to explore and develop these areas of the game before BF3 ships. We will also be advising existing DICE developers and helping to tweak the well known Battlefield gameplay to promote a more real and deadly environment. Realistic weapon handling and ballistics is one of the major points covered, as well as heavy focus on teamwork. The members of this offshoot team will be made public upon some final negotiations with EA and DICE, however we can confirm that [R-DEV]Chuc has already been hard at work developing some concept art for Battlefield 3 (http://i.imgur.com/V7j0o.jpg).

Remaining Project Reality: BF2 developers will be working on the next and final version to this long running modification, v0.96. This version will contain mostly bugfixes and some performance tweaks, as well as a few new assets for everyone to put to good use on the battlefield. It will not contain any new community factions, Vietnam, or 128 player support, as unfortunately this requires far too much work with the now small and limited team. Some may be confused as to why we do not call this final version v1.0, but as we have always said when asked, 1.0 is just a number, and we do not believe that it represents anything that previous version numbers have not.

Unfortunately, Project Reality: ARMA 2 is now cancelled. The work already done on what was a promising modification will instead be used as an internal testing tool for features in Battlefield 3 and Project Reality 2. We would like to thank Bohemia Interactive for their excellent support, and implementation of requested features. Although we will now not be using these added features, we hope that other modifications can benefit instead.

Project Reality 2 is still going ahead! Members from the ARMA 2 team, and BF2 team once work is complete on v0.96, will be joining the PR2 team to give it a massive boost in manpower. As well as this, veteran developers from Electronic Arts will be joining the team to offer skills and advice for this ambitious project. More news regarding this transition will be announced in the next few weeks, but needless to say, this has massively reduced the length of time required to complete an initial release.

We understand that many community members will be disappointed by this news, in particular the cancellation of Project Reality: ARMA 2 and the Vietnam expansion of Project Reality: BF2, however we must devote our resources to more viable commercial projects. We would like to stress that Project Reality is not over, there is still Project Reality 2 to look forward to, especially now with it now being the major focus for Reality Studios.

We would like to thank all previous Project Reality developers. Each and every developer, no matter the role, has participated in some way to help Project Reality be what it has become today. Also, to other modification teams and modding enthusists for Battlefield 2 and ARMA 2, we hope that the modding community still remains strong and we wish you luck in your future endeavours. Finally, we would like to thank the community. Without you, the Project Reality name would not be as strong as it is now, and for that, we thank you for your previous and current support, and look forward to your future support for Project Reality 2 as well.

- The Reality Studios Team</blockquote>

volks
2011-03-31, 14:47
So no PR Arma 2 eh?

Ridge
2011-03-31, 14:51
Although I was really looking forward to Arma 2 I wish you the best of luck on PR2. Thanks for what you have done for the BF2 community. :)

MaxBooZe
2011-03-31, 14:56
Ancientman from Australia, 1st of April?

Hitman.2.5
2011-03-31, 14:56
April fails

Ridge
2011-03-31, 14:57
I'm starting to hate April

Zrix
2011-03-31, 15:01
At first I was like, WTF

Then I looked at the calendar and was like, WTF

Silly Australians.

volks
2011-03-31, 15:02
Aah freaking timezone thingy. pff :D I've been fooled i admit.

Napoleon_TR
2011-03-31, 15:02
you almost got me AncientMan :)

Ridge
2011-03-31, 15:04
Yep its still march here. I have made a darn fool of myself.

Nugiman
2011-03-31, 15:04
I was really disappointed, until i realized that it's already 1st April in Australia...
But maybe its the joke again that it is NO joke, like they did last year :O

DeltaCommando
2011-03-31, 15:05
April 1st? Aussie.

Mora
2011-03-31, 15:06
Is is not yet April 1st here in Europe.

gazzthompson
2011-03-31, 15:11
Is is not yet April 1st here in Europe.

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/files/original/captain.obvious.jpg

DonDOOM
2011-03-31, 15:15
Trololo April fails

Aquiller
2011-03-31, 15:16
Nice try. :P

Altough it would sound nice if it was true.

karambaitos
2011-03-31, 15:17
http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/files/original/captain.obvious.jpg

you sir... you made my day

oooh well guess we need to start paying for bug fixes :P

Cpl.Small
2011-03-31, 15:21
I actually fell for that...
Imma idiot :p

=Romagnolo=
2011-03-31, 15:25
F*ING TIMEZONES !

For a few minutes I was so happy and sad about the news.

I wish that was something like PR Vietnam.

doop-de-doo
2011-03-31, 15:31
I heard there was going to be a RTS mode for commanders, that all terrain would be black until your army has been there, and there would be special kits for androids and possibly in the coming year, cyborgs. FTW!!!!

Spush
2011-03-31, 15:48
Scared me for a moment. Watch it be like last year with PR Vietnam....

Jorgee!
2011-03-31, 15:49
Seems like Project Reality 2 will be paid.

BloodyDeed
2011-03-31, 15:50
I was actually checking the PR site for an april fool, so you didnt get me.
But nice story ;) hope we really see 0.96 coming.

=Romagnolo=
2011-03-31, 15:52
I was actually checking the PR site for an april fool, so you didnt get me.
But nice story ;) hope we really see 0.96 coming.

I bet that their next update will be telling that it was April joke + 0.96 release.

Outlawz7
2011-03-31, 15:53
Guys, PR:Vietnam was posted on April 1st and that exists...

Jorgee!
2011-03-31, 15:54
It's not april yet,

If you are kidding with this im gonna get into your house at night and kill your mouse (?)

Waiting for the realitymodla.com community to see what they say, i traduced to spanish, at least if you say it was april fool's day, I'll say the same and I'll not be seen as an idiot =P

Soppa
2011-03-31, 15:55
nice job, grats :)

PLODDITHANLEY
2011-03-31, 15:58
Don't worry guys.

Even if it wasn't april 1st downunder they'de be sacked when the work's completed.

Couldn't call it PR anymore though....

Wicca
2011-03-31, 16:01
YAAAAAY BF3 rocks!

killonsight95
2011-03-31, 16:05
I am watching to see how this plays out

temexter
2011-03-31, 16:07
April FOOLS :D

It definitely is 1st of April in Eastern Australia. 50 minutes more and in Western Region too...

Sprats
2011-03-31, 16:08
Seriously i first i was like, wow seriously, RStudios is part of EA?

but then when someone mentioned april 1st...

burn in hell if its not the truth you damn troll! :(

Smegburt_funkledink
2011-03-31, 16:10
Imma idiot :p

Tell us something we don't know.

Curry
2011-03-31, 16:15
thats just a promotion for BF3 :D

MCI
2011-03-31, 16:18
Just a little bit too much for an April's fool joke :P

Ridge
2011-03-31, 16:18
AncientMan;1571056']
Unfortunately, Project Reality: ARMA 2 is now cancelled. The work already done on what was a promising modification will instead be used as an internal testing tool for features in Battlefield 3 and Project Reality 2.

What does this mean? :confused:

lucky.BOY
2011-03-31, 16:21
Now i feel excited, sad, and stupid.

Thank you :|

PatrickLA_CA
2011-03-31, 16:22
AncientMan;1571056']
1.A few select members of Reality Studios will be working directly with Digital Illusions CE on the upcoming game, Battlefield 3.

2.Remaining Project Reality: BF2 developers will be working on the next and final version to this long running modification, v0.96.

3.Unfortunately, Project Reality: ARMA 2 is now cancelled.

Project Reality 2 is still going ahead! Members from the ARMA 2 team, and BF2 team once work is complete on v0.96, will be joining the PR2 team to give it a massive boost in manpower.

1. :-o Awesome :-o

2. :) Perfect :)

3. :( I was about to order Arma 2 :(

HAPPY FOOLS DAY!

bazza_1964
2011-03-31, 16:23
If it's a joke, good one....if not....disappointment....was looking forward to pr arma.

Stg.Hellfire
2011-03-31, 16:23
amazing!:D

Ridge
2011-03-31, 16:31
I was also about to buy Arma 2. Was so looking forward to it. I just hope I can get it before 0.1 comes out.

Mora
Actually the real Aprils fools joke would be that its actually real and everyone thinking thats its a joke :P

MaxSalvatore
If it's true;

http://media.strategywiki.org/images/d/de/Noooooooooooo.jpg

Priby
2011-03-31, 16:32
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2010/08/imageshack-fry.gif

Psyko
2011-03-31, 16:33
Hey maybe the next release will just be a huge 8 gig file of STUPID APRIL FOOLS MAPS.
nice to know red tags will drop their pantaloons for the first DICE developer to offer them money. Anchientman, you are now as trust worthy as Gaz in my opinion. osnap. :D

altfuture
2011-03-31, 16:40
Wow, nice! You managed to get my heart speeding there ;) I realized it was a joke by the cancelling pr: arma 2 part

Psyko
2011-03-31, 16:40
also, if you listen really carfully you will be able to hear the frantic screems of people watching their server farms cool to nuclear winter.

hobbnob
2011-03-31, 16:43
I really, really hope this is a joke. But if so, then that crossed the line between funny prank and scaring the shit out of me -.-

Arc_Shielder
2011-03-31, 16:44
They made it obvious so that people think there might be a possible truth in there somewhere. Thing is, they wouldn't "abandon" the community just like that as it would cause a great damage to everyone involved.

Plus, this was to divert the attention to tomorrow's release of PR:Vietnam.

Web_cole
2011-03-31, 16:45
Its the 31st damnit! -_-

:p

Psyko
2011-03-31, 16:47
They made it obvious so that people think there might be a possible truth in there somewhere. Thing is, they wouldn't "abandon" the community just like that as it would cause a great damage to everyone involved.

yes they would. Yes...................... THEY WOULD!

Doc.Pock
2011-03-31, 16:47
silli aussies :'| i started crying when i was reading it :( hope it's a joke :D

-Prowler-
2011-03-31, 16:48
Had me going for a second =P

maarit
2011-03-31, 16:49
arma2 project reality cancelled!!!!...??!*^*`??
i have to sell arma2&operation arrowhead now:( :)

Asystole
2011-03-31, 16:53
Wow that really caught me. Phucking april fools day.

Ridge
2011-03-31, 17:05
Its so fake. They wouldn't release the last version without the 128 player limit.

Nugiman
2011-03-31, 17:12
Its so fake. They wouldn't release the last version without the 128 player limit.

I hope so, otherwise I would cry to death :(

Joery(NL)4
2011-03-31, 17:15
First I was like :shocked: then I was like :lol:

Its not even april here and I have already been fooled.

Nice one this year.

Joery.

Ridge
2011-03-31, 17:18
Shouldn't the Devs be here for us during the hardest time in the pr community?

ma21212
2011-03-31, 17:21
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/9/9e/HA_HA_HA%2C_OH_WOW.jpg

=Romagnolo=
2011-03-31, 17:25
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/4112/original/hedgehogepicwin.jpg?1245896560

Twonkle
2011-03-31, 17:26
If this is true, it's awesome! PR really need to focus on future engines and not the "kind of out dated" ones that they're working on today. :)

If it's not true, too bad...

WelshManDan
2011-03-31, 17:26
That was one of the best april fools jokes since we pretended the house was falling down over here...

But in all seriousness, if its real, then ill basically go into online suicide, and sell all of my games, I couldnt handle this!

kilroy0097
2011-03-31, 17:31
Wow this is some interesting news! I always wondered if the PR Team was going to get picked up some day since their work has often surpassed DICE when it came to modifications, tweaks and awesome content. It also makes me feel good that PR or something like PR may exist with the Frostbite2 engine within BF3. The one thing that always made me happy about PR was the realism in both vehicles and on foot, the restrictions such as SL points and class restrictions and things like the fire bases and other deployable objects such as sandbags, razor wire etc. I am absolutely looking forward to PR2 and what it may entail especially with the Frostbite2 engine.

I wish you and your team the best of luck and while I have not been in the community for a while, I do plan on rejoining the FPS world with BF3. So I greatly look forward to any future projects by the PR Team or whatever your official title will be within DICE and EA.

Cheers and well done!

P.S. And to cover all my bases... If this is an April Fools joke, you're a day early (March 31st) and it also kind of sucks because I was really looking forward to a PR type game using FrostBite2. It would have been pretty kick ass.

MaxBooZe
2011-03-31, 17:44
P.S. And to cover all my bases... If this is an April Fools joke, you're a day early (March 31st) and it also kind of sucks because I was really looking forward to a PR type game using FrostBite2. It would have been pretty kick ass.

As said, Its not 31st anymore in Australia.

zomb3h
2011-03-31, 17:48
God damnit, don't torture us like this.

Tell us if this is true or not.

fongwen
2011-03-31, 17:48
Hah, almost got me :D

arjan
2011-03-31, 17:50
Joke or not a joke, I hope PR will always keep its own very unique spirit instead of getting influenced by commercial companies like EA.

maarit
2011-03-31, 18:05
so this is april fools but there may some things hidden...

Remaining Project Reality: BF2 developers will be working on the next and final version to this long running modification, v0.96. This version will contain mostly bugfixes and some performance tweaks, as well as a few new assets for everyone to put to good use on the battlefield. It will not contain any new community factions, Vietnam, or 128 player support, as unfortunately this requires far too much work with the now small and limited team. Some may be confused as to why we do not call this final version v1.0, but as we have always said when asked, 1.0 is just a number, and we do not believe that it represents anything that previous version numbers have not.

so next version is 1.0!!!it contains few new assets,new faction,VIETNAM,128 support!

Unfortunately, Project Reality: ARMA 2 is now cancelled. The work already done on what was a promising modification will instead be used as an internal testing tool for features in Battlefield 3 and Project Reality 2. We would like to thank Bohemia Interactive for their excellent support, and implementation of requested features. Although we will now not be using these added features, we hope that other modifications can benefit instead.

SO ARMA2 PROJECT REALITY GETS SOON RELEASED!!!
Project Reality 2 is still going ahead! Members from the ARMA 2 team, and BF2 team once work is complete on v0.96, will be joining the PR2 team to give it a massive boost in manpower. As well as this, veteran developers from Electronic Arts will be joining the team to offer skills and advice for this ambitious project. More news regarding this transition will be announced in the next few weeks, but needless to say, this has massively reduced the length of time required to complete an initial release.

also this means that there is news coming about PR2...maybe pictures,VIDEOS!!!
:razz:

martinhjerpe
2011-03-31, 18:08
Best april fools joke ever... or is it? :?
If it's true I'm really excited.
If it's false I'm also really excited.

If the first part is true and the second part is false: EXCITEMENT OVERFLOW!
There is no other scenario.....

P.S: Thank you everyone for the extremely hilarious comments.
No matter what the case is, this has surely made my day.

K4on
2011-03-31, 18:10
Best april fools joke ever... or is it? :?
If it's true I'm really excited.
If it's false I'm also really excited.

best fool was last year. we were laughin 'bout pr vietnam, but it was 4 real.

may a part of this message is just a joke...

Polka
2011-03-31, 18:11
http://chzsomuchpun.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/b69b46ec-3fa9-40df-bf67-fae1f2851bb8.jpg

Doc.Pock
2011-03-31, 18:12
i dont want PR:BF2 to stop evolving. i walked every tough road with it from 0.1 to now. it mustn't dieeeeeee!!!!!!!

nuttex
2011-03-31, 18:12
ACE team mentions (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_PvP_Announced) this as well.

Wakain
2011-03-31, 18:24
hmm... it must be the first of april already in Australia...

I must admit that you had me untill 2/3 of the text!;)

ChallengerCC
2011-03-31, 18:25
Acquisition of Reality Studios by EA Games = Epic Fail = You guys sold your souls :evil:

EA Games killed the best games ever made: DAOC, Dragon Age, ME, ...
A black day for us. EA will make you to mainstream coder to produce the most amount of money the can get and this will not be PR gamingstyle, this will be CoD style.

But realy good guys, you made it ! :-o The money is floating.

(Btw. A.C.E was a to havy and complex mod/competitors for ArmA2, unbeatable for you PR guys.)

162eRI
2011-03-31, 18:34
Jeez, u got me for a second there!!! Nice one xD

=]H[= Apollo
2011-03-31, 18:42
not funny

Jorgee!
2011-03-31, 18:44
Current local time in Australia – New South Wales – Sydney (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=240)

Lol

Sgt.BountyOrig
2011-03-31, 19:16
I simultaneously herped and derped

Screw ARMA 2! YAAAY

Pantera
2011-03-31, 19:25
AncientMan;1571056']Today we have some very exciting news to share regarding the future of the Project Reality! Following some recent developments in the Project Reality: BF2 modification, and some closed door talks with Electronic Arts, we are proud to announce the acquisition of Reality Studios by EA Games!

What must surely come as a shock to our community, especially after EA's lack of serious community involvement with Battlefield modding teams, it has in fact been a decision brewing over many years. And with the recent breakthrough of 128 player support in Project Reality: BF2, something that has not been done before on a Battlefield game, EA saw promise in our work, and seized the opportunity to aquire our award winning team.

So what does this mean?
This means a few things for Project Reality and the Reality Studios Team:

A few select members of Reality Studios will be working directly with Digital Illusions CE on the upcoming game, Battlefield 3. Among the various tasks these people will be working on is implementation 128 player support on PC, as well as modification tools and scripts. Although previously announced that Battlefield 3 will be limited to 64 players on PC, and modification tools were unlikely, while true when announced, this acquisition has given DICE the opportunity to explore and develop these areas of the game before BF3 ships. We will also be advising existing DICE developers and helping to tweak the well known Battlefield gameplay to promote a more real and deadly environment. Realistic weapon handling and ballistics is one of the major points covered, as well as heavy focus on teamwork. The members of this offshoot team will be made public upon some final negotiations with EA and DICE, however we can confirm that [R-DEV]Chuc has already been hard at work developing some concept art for Battlefield 3 (http://i.imgur.com/V7j0o.jpg).

We understand that many community members will be disappointed by this news, in particular the cancellation of Project Reality: ARMA 2 and the Vietnam expansion of Project Reality: BF2, however we must devote our resources to more viable commercial projects. We would like to stress that Project Reality is not over, there is still Project Reality 2 to look forward to, especially now with it now being the major focus for Reality Studios.

We would like to thank all previous Project Reality developers. Each and every developer, no matter the role, has participated in some way to help Project Reality be what it has become today. Also, to other modification teams and modding enthusists for Battlefield 2 and ARMA 2, we hope that the modding community still remains strong and we wish you luck in your future endeavours. Finally, we would like to thank the community. Without you, the Project Reality name would not be as strong as it is now, and for that, we thank you for your previous and current support, and look forward to your future support for Project Reality 2 as well.

- The Reality Studios Team

Congratulations Guys :) Well Done!

I am so proud of you all *sheds tear* Yeah this is probably April Fools LOL, Every YEAR!

KingLorre
2011-03-31, 19:27
But how are you going to join EA if your still under investigation by the UK governement ?

Derp:P

Jigsaw
2011-03-31, 20:05
Good to see that ACE will be taking over the development of PR:A2, at least the dream can live on.

ACE PvP Announced! - ACE Wagn - Advanced Combat Environment (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_PvP_Announced)_ (http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://images.wikia.com/bakugan/images/c/c8/TrollFace.png&sa=X&ei=PdGUTa_PDIODOrXNuLIH&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGZ6fUsrhiwl4g-A0p49vYysg4f2w)

Skull
2011-03-31, 20:07
yeah, capitalism is destroying another one of my favourite games, you gotta love it!

Fox_J21
2011-03-31, 20:11

so next version is 1.0!!!it contains few new assets,new faction,VIETNAM,128 support!

As crazy as he sounds, he may be onto something :???:

ZeroMoon17
2011-03-31, 20:12
So does this mean PR will be released as a $40 DLC? :p

dunem666
2011-03-31, 20:34
april fails.

so one year later still no vietnam :(

Rezza
2011-03-31, 20:34
yeah, capitalism is destroying another one of my favourite games, you gotta love it!

Agreed.

Johncro
2011-03-31, 20:45
I do not see any news on EA website or forums, I'm sure they would announce such a big involvement into their team.

But if Arma2 is cancelled I will be pissed I bought teh game and a PC for it.

Orford
2011-03-31, 20:46
Nice April fool.

EA is a listed company and would make a public announcement if they bought another company/studio. Google only gives fail reposts of this epic april fools nothing from EA. But I did have to check.

Zerapup
2011-03-31, 20:47
Ha you got me =() But really this sounds pretty realistic , i always thought that you would be picked up by some major company some day.

Arnoldio
2011-03-31, 20:52
Good trick with the timezones, i must admit. :)

iAllex
2011-03-31, 20:55
I was stunned! and still pretty much am... but I saw that most users belive this is but an april fools joke, which I somewhat hope it is because I do not wish for PR to "end" but I definatly wish for the best to the PR devs, and this could be it.
I shall be back withing 2 days, on the 3rd day, I will either be very drunk or very amused! Cheers!

Yrkidding
2011-03-31, 20:56
lol i'm so confused I think it's April Fools but I dunno if this is true or not

krispig
2011-03-31, 21:01
Bullshit, this is april fools thing ...

Absolute Killer
2011-03-31, 21:04
after seeing that ACE2 now has all the source materials( ACE PvP Announced! - ACE Wagn - Advanced Combat Environment (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_PvP_Announced) ), its more than likely not a joke
anyways why would they joke about something that just pisses people off
this sucks...

rampo
2011-03-31, 21:08
WHAT I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAID PMC YET ZOMG... o wait

/Randoph/
2011-03-31, 21:10
Lol after reading the whole text thoroughly for a minute I thought this is real until I realized that Its April's joke...

skooterkid23
2011-03-31, 21:10
lol the best part is BF3 doesn't come with mod tools...

jakob1493
2011-03-31, 21:12

think a little bit more... if the PR devs now a parts of EA maybe they became the modtools ;)

but I'm really pissed off about that!

DeltaSays
2011-03-31, 21:13
In Australia it might be the 1st of April but in Europe its still the 31st. I hope this is not a joke ... No Comment

Yrkidding
2011-03-31, 21:16
yea man better be a joke I swear

dtacs
2011-03-31, 21:18
http://fatkidatcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/baby-troll-face.jpg
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScjC-NCUXravlHD095vkx1EWj2KdYZYHwIoEilDeF7nKMHCPs7&t=1
http://paradoxdgn.com/junk/avatars/trollface.jpg

jakob1493
2011-03-31, 21:18
I hope this is not a joke ... No Comment
i can read... no comment but why do you hope that's not a joke??

DeltaFart
2011-03-31, 21:22
I read the first line and was like you trolls

Dunehunter
2011-03-31, 21:23

You think you know more about BF3 than the devs? :p

DDS
2011-03-31, 21:30
AncientMan;1571056']... What must surely come as a shock to our community, especially after EA's lack of serious community involvement with Battlefield modding teams,

I think the key word here is NONE. EA Games is the worst I have ever seen. If they can shake that up that would be a plus for gamers.

Sprats
2011-03-31, 21:31
i say we capture one of the PR developers, tourture him, make him tell us the truth and kill him afterwards. hey, whos going to know anything after hes dead? only us. muahhahahah

Dadavan
2011-03-31, 21:40
oh lord, if this is true the day i was always worried about is here :(
and if its not one of the dev's sure had a laugh at us lol

Conman51
2011-03-31, 21:41
Nice try, but you should of hid the PR Vietnam Forums and ARMA PR Forums to make it a little more believable.

Linx_esp
2011-03-31, 21:45
If the previous Aprils Fools joke was hard to believe in, then this one sounds even more fake XD

CR8Z
2011-03-31, 21:48
Dude...

Bellator
2011-03-31, 22:00
Ah, you had me fooled.

Jesper107
2011-03-31, 22:03
My god you fooled me...

ebevan91
2011-03-31, 22:08
I knew it was fake because it's almost April 1, and I noticed a few grammatical errors in the post. If it's something official or important, it won't have grammatical errors.

JERICHO777
2011-03-31, 22:09
I very glad for PR team!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope they shake the BF3 =)

the_ganman
2011-03-31, 22:09
[17:10] Fighter: Holy fucking shit
[17:10] Fighter: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/96359-update-reality-studios-acquisition.html
[17:12] Fighter: FUCK
[17:12] Fighter: They cancelled PR:A2
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: I have got to call you a idiot
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: in 5
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: 4
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: 3
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: 2
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: 1
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: your an idiot
[17:13] Fighter: FUCK
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: check what the date is
[17:13] Fighter: APRIL 1ST
[17:13] Fighter: DAMN IT

SuperArmy
2011-03-31, 22:16
had me fooled but its still 31st March here!!!!

Peeta
2011-03-31, 22:17
[17:10] Fighter: Holy fucking shit
[17:10] Fighter: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/96359-update-reality-studios-acquisition.html
[17:12] Fighter: FUCK
[17:12] Fighter: They cancelled PR:A2
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: I have got to call you a idiot
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: in 5
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: 4
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: 3
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: 2
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: 1
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: your an idiot
[17:13] Fighter: FUCK
[17:13] [Canada-CO]The_Ganman: check what the date is
[17:13] Fighter: APRIL 1ST
[17:13] Fighter: DAMN IT
Your pretty little Canadian team is no longer existent. :)

This is an interesting development, I shall have to keep a close watch on it.

goguapsy
2011-03-31, 22:19
Ah, I'm disappointed.

I was so looking forward to this year's April Fool's... Just to have something like that.

After so much work, and CONSTANT UPDATES on the ARMA 2 PR... They canceled? LOL...

PR:V could make sense (haven't heard about it much myself :( ).

No new factions? I thought the french faction was pretty much all set.

128 players is too much for such a "small (http://www.realitymod.com/team.html)" team? You already made it... Just minor tweaks with nametags and crash solutions and you'll be all set!

Conclusion: Why no more genius jokes...? Ie. DOD lock, or PR:V announcement (that one was great. I don't think you'd use the same formula as last year - announce something on April Fool's so everyone thinks it's not true, and it was indeed... trick successful).
:(

goguapsy
2011-03-31, 22:21
^EDIT.

Apparently you guys tricked newer bloods :P

AH I GOT IT! You wanted to trick all the people that came with .95, because they wouldn't know about April Fool's here! Ahhh!!

kllr101
2011-03-31, 22:27
lool. But after vietnam I aint falling for anything again. :(

frankwilliam
2011-03-31, 22:28
Im going to bed

Shovel
2011-03-31, 22:35
Wow. I feel like an idiot. Not funny PR team, I almost broke something.

I wonder what EA thinks of all this?

Nebsif
2011-03-31, 22:35

This makes much more sense than teh original joke, its just way too exaggerated.. even after the vietnam one that kinda makes u think "maybe theyre not joking again".

D33PS1X
2011-03-31, 22:38
That was pretty great. Nice joke... (If it was one...)

XXLpeanuts
2011-03-31, 22:39
There is no way this is true, but its such a lovely idea, which EVERYONE of us would want, thats why its got to be a nasty nasty lie haha

ubermensche
2011-03-31, 22:44
It's an april fools joke, right?

Fuzzy McDoodle
2011-03-31, 22:44
Great job with the acquisition, but were you not here for the community? Did you already forget how many people will looking forward to ArmA 2 PR and Vietnam?

I'm happy for you guys, but can't help but to be honestly extremely disappointed. I wish you luck on PR2 (whenever that may come out) and getting EA to bring mod tools to BF3.

TeRR0R
2011-03-31, 22:46
Fooled like never before!

But DEV's now owe me a new BF2 and ARMA2 CD plus keys....

CR8Z
2011-03-31, 23:09
I hope EA sues you for defamation and libel.

J/K. April Fool's!!!

Or am I?

Koolaid-maker
2011-03-31, 23:10
I'm scared shitless :(

Amadox
2011-03-31, 23:16
honestly, this would have been the greatest news ever, if it wasn't for todays date.. ^^

Archerchef
2011-03-31, 23:19
WTF AM I IN A NIGHTMARE???

declan54321
2011-03-31, 23:22
That is NOT fair!!!

It's still March here in Scotland...

You actually got me there :(

Nebsif
2011-03-31, 23:27
honestly, this would have been the greatest news ever, if it wasn't for todays date.. ^^

really? I wouldnt be suprised to see kill cam in PR2 if the PR team worked with EA :D

Serbiak
2011-03-31, 23:29
I was thinking the whole time while reading this. Wow you suck getting yourself to work together with dice on Bf3. It just sounded like you got the taste of money suddenly.
Since the whole Project Reality thing has always had this independence from companies like ea and dice implented in the idea this sudden change would be more then weird.

But the text is other then that thought through well :)

JackAttack91
2011-03-31, 23:37
Finally the mod is moving in the right direction.

Everybody buy EA stock!

Wicca
2011-03-31, 23:41
Shit guys. Its actually true... :S

Oh well.. I have to buy a new computer. And then BF3. Hmmm.

I wonder what charlie sheen would say.

Der_Rumsch_heisst
2011-03-31, 23:42
hahahahahaa april april love it

Mauser GDog
2011-03-31, 23:43
Ok, I'm an idiot and fell for it. At least it better be a joke of that copy of ARMA2 is never going to get any use!

TheComedian
2011-03-31, 23:44
Would probably mean points, ranks and weapon attachments if this was true:neutral:

Amadox
2011-03-31, 23:59
really? I wouldnt be suprised to see kill cam in PR2 if the PR team worked with EA :D

yea, really. because: i tried arma2, and i really, really didnt like it. (controls, graphics, etc.. just sucked..) so, i dont really care for the mod either, i don't expect it to be fun when the base game is horrible like that. also, i don't really care for vietnam. it looked nice, but its nothing i am really waiting for. so, as far as i am concerned, dropping those projects would be good news for me, as that would free up resources for other things.

i am not sure yet what to think of PR2.

the bf2 mod is great as it is, it doesnt really need much more development. only thing that sucks are the mortars, but somehow i don't think theyll change them; everything else is fine. new stuff is always nice, but not really *needed*

but what i really hoped for since i saw the first bf3 gameplay footage, was to combine that game with PR teamplay/gameplay. so, having reality studios working on bf3, implementing at least some of their ideas right at the roots of bf3 instead of "just" a mod, would be great news for me. although of course, i'd be fine with a pr:bf3 mod as well - depends on their level of involvement, which approach might end up better.

i did not think of the other way around, dice/ea influencing pr2, but as already stated, i'm currently not sure what to think about pr2 anyways..

Punkbuster
2011-04-01, 00:02
Probably just April Fools... However, if this is true, I will be sad yet happy!
Sad because work on this awesome modification would cease.
Happy because you guys deserve to get the support of DICE and EA! You have really earned it!

kingofthreads
2011-04-01, 00:03
I can't tell if this is an April Fools joke or not.

Incognito84
2011-04-01, 00:06
I got all the way to PR: Arma2 being cancelled before I realized what day it was.

You win this time...

goguapsy
2011-04-01, 00:09
Why would EA "acquire" Black Sand Studios (yeah, typo by DEV :D) in the first place?

Then you would have mentioned all the other mods (non-BF2) that BSS is working on.

+EA can take PR Mod whenever they want, can't they?

ThirdSin
2011-04-01, 00:10
Wasn't happy to hear, it being the 31st here still... darn geography and your timezones....

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/3rdsin/Poated%20somewhere/1297129350657.jpg

Bamtoman
2011-04-01, 00:25
April Fools lolol.

Cheeseze
2011-04-01, 00:26
Way to obvious.

Excavus
2011-04-01, 00:38
april fools.

Viper5
2011-04-01, 00:43
Does this mean the UK isn't taking down the sight anymore?

Peeta
2011-04-01, 00:57
Why would EA "acquire" Black Sand Studios (yeah, typo by DEV :D) in the first place?

Then you would have mentioned all the other mods (non-BF2) that BSS is working on.

+EA can take PR Mod whenever they want, can't they?

Actually: Reality Studios (http://www.realitystudios.com/)

goguapsy
2011-04-01, 01:20
Actually: Reality Studios (http://www.realitystudios.com/)

"Coming soon".

LOL...

It is BSS man.

+something this serious would be made public by UK-Force.

Acemantura
2011-04-01, 01:29

It looks like RealityMod.com will be going down soon guys. I just talked to [R-DEV] PRBot and he said he loves me and they are going to put him down.

What did PRBot do to deserve this!

Colonelcool125
2011-04-01, 01:30
Here's a tip, once you fellas get to work on BF3:

Don't fuck it all up.

That is all.

AnimalMother.
2011-04-01, 01:39
looks like i'm out of a job then :(

Wh33lman
2011-04-01, 01:40
happy april first everyone.

ShockUnitBlack
2011-04-01, 01:53
Only way this could be funnier was if it was - wait for it - Activision-Blizzard buying out BIS!

talkinBEERmug
2011-04-01, 02:01
I like turtles

Zulnex
2011-04-01, 02:05
It's an april fools joke, right?

I am wondering about that as well...

Bringerof_D
2011-04-01, 02:34
conflicting emotions about the news!

...wait a second it's the 1st in Australia already...

conflicting emotions about the April fools!

honestly it's great news whether it be true or false for me. If it's true that means BF3 might actually be worth my money, remaining PR devs are pretty much moving straight onto PR2. If false, PR goes on, we get 120 players, we eventually get PR2.

Cpl.Pocket
2011-04-01, 02:39
If this is an april fools joke... Gary will come for everyone involved.

Stealthgato
2011-04-01, 02:42
I was already screaming "NOOOO I WANTED PMC GOD DAMNIT" and on my way to making a Hitler reaction video and then I checked the comments... You got me good.

Gaz
2011-04-01, 02:43
Yo, Gary's here, don't panic :P Ive sreriously ben on one madd 2 daay bender with the payyofff I GOTT.

Sheen says he winszs. We won ahrder, xx

Peeta
2011-04-01, 02:57
Drunk Gaz is drunk?

Killer2354
2011-04-01, 03:00
Drunk Gaz is drunk?

It's all in the ploy! Don't fall for the tarp!

DDS
2011-04-01, 03:03
If it's a joke I don't think it's funny. It's juvenile and even more so while we wait and see if it is a joke on the community. Making fake maps is funny, this isn't funny. Where are the mature adults at Reality Studios.

sylent/shooter
2011-04-01, 03:14
holy shiiiiittteeee I almost had a heart attack there D: jesus christ... :p you guys all suck..! :P

chehotela
2011-04-01, 03:20
:hissyfit:

goguapsy
2011-04-01, 03:31
OMG PEOPLE! ISN'T IT JUST OBVIOUS, DAMN!

Of COURSE it is April Fool's!

ZondaX15
2011-04-01, 04:02
If it is true, which I doubt, i brought ArmA2 and OA for nothing. -_-

Colonelcool125
2011-04-01, 04:05
OMG PEOPLE! ISN'T IT JUST OBVIOUS, DAMN!

Of COURSE it is April Fool's!

Must I remind people of last year?

Most fail April Fool's joke ever....

It made me /facepalm.

As soon as it saw it on my forum's RSS Feed, I was like wow PR just pulled the most fail April Fool's joke ever...

:/

How did that turn out for Fighter (or should I say, Mr. rentboy) and PR:Vietnam?

Gaz
2011-04-01, 04:05

That was cheap :)

Sgt. Ostrander
2011-04-01, 04:06
April Fools!(I hope)

Pvt.LHeureux
2011-04-01, 04:09

Mmh that's a big dot.

USNCaseySmith
2011-04-01, 04:11

Not really, from what I understand ArmA2 is a great game on its own

Bellator
2011-04-01, 04:27
This is a very good April fools because it conjures such mixed feelings. On one hand, EA has a reputation for screwing up many things it touches (although, it has its fingers in so many pies that some of them are bound to go wrong occasionally). On other hand, a big game company taking project Reality commercial could make it so that a game engine is developed to accommodate PR, not the other way around.

Warpig-
2011-04-01, 04:33
Arguing about time zones. PR forums, don't ever change

Redamare
2011-04-01, 04:45
AHHhah Watch the ACTUAL Joke is that PR : BF2 ACTUALY ISNT REAL Neither is PR ARMA 2 ;D that would be the Joke of the year holy crap . . .. they were never actualy developing either hahah . . .

dingoball
2011-04-01, 04:48
http://thepegleg.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/troll-face.jpg

Redamare
2011-04-01, 04:51
http://www.igetinfo4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/1270522097.png

tntkid22
2011-04-01, 04:52
Well I guess we'll see soon which it is...joke or not....tho Im worried that its true...but happy for the team. If true good to see your guys skill recognized and to have a sizable budget :D

though I hope its not! ^.^

DDS
2011-04-01, 04:59
"As announced by the PR: ArmA2 team (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/96359-update-reality-studios-acquisition.html), the PR project for ArmA2 has been cancelled, and will not be developed by the PR team.

As of today we are happy to announce that we have acquired all source material of the PR: ArmA2 project and will be shaping it up into @ACE_PvP over the coming few weeks and will probably release before the end of the coming month.

Stay tuned for more ACE PvP news and details coming days!"

Source (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_PvP_Announced)

Cavazos
2011-04-01, 05:02
Wow, congratulations Project Reality team. While it is disappointing some of the bigger features such as 128 player servers and the Vietnam mod will not come to Project Reality, I am glad of your new partnership with EA. I assume that PR2 will be based on BF3 then?

Cavazos
2011-04-01, 05:04
Oh wait a minute.. DAMNIT! I GOT PUNKED!

Insanitypays
2011-04-01, 05:25
these arent funny, If the devs put as much time into getting fastropes as they do making convincing april fools then we would have blackhawk down going on on every server for PR...but noooooooo

Dev1200
2011-04-01, 05:27
This is almost as bad as last april fools

LOL OBVIOUS APRIL FOOLS

Oh wait it's not even a joke

IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S TRUE

Insanitypays
2011-04-01, 05:28
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

CBT02
2011-04-01, 05:33
i dont think its funny to take advantage of your most dedicated community like this .... if this is in fact fake. im still in doubt cos last year it turned out it wasnt an april fools joke....

so did I or did I not buy combined ops for nothing ? .....

Dat_Bass_Mang
2011-04-01, 06:04
Why do game developers think it's a good idea to do tease us with things WE ACTUALLY FUCKING WANT then be like "LOL APRIL FOOLS!" and end up being continuing to be douchebags who give us day one DLC. I think it's just cruel and not fucking funny. I VERY fucking mad. Stop doing this.

CoupDgrace
2011-04-01, 06:18
I did notice that it wasn't April 1st when ACE announced it had acquired all PR content. If it is a joke then someone is in direct violation of the strict April Fools-April 1 terms and conditions.

2011-03-31

ACE PvP Announced!+blog

As announced by the PR: ArmA2 team, the PR project for ArmA2 has been cancelled, and will not be developed by the PR team.

As of today we are happy to announce that we have acquired all source material of the PR: ArmA2 project and will be shaping it up into @ACE_PvP over the coming few weeks and will probably release before the end of the coming month.

Stay tuned for more ACE PvP news and details coming days!

ACE PvP Announced! - ACE Wagn - Advanced Combat Environment (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_PvP_Announced)

thuliomoura
2011-04-01, 06:42
why the hell you guyz dont believe on dev-team?

Remember last year the bf2: Pr Viatnam? every body thoutgh it were some kind of joke on 1 april....

If its really a joke, that will be the bad news....

Hitperson
2011-04-01, 06:52
Gaz;1571530']Yo, Gary's here, don't panic :P Ive sreriously ben on one madd 2 daay bender with the payyofff I GOTT.

Sheen says he winszs. We won ahrder, xx

i think it's excellent when you don't live up to a stereotype.

so you bought a game for a mod that wasn't even released yet??

that was smart...

TheAssProtectors.Nr1
2011-04-01, 07:07
Why do game developers think it's a good idea to do tease us with things WE ACTUALLY FUCKING WANT then be like "LOL APRIL FOOLS!" and end up being continuing to be douchebags who give us day one DLC. I think it's just cruel and not fucking funny. I VERY fucking mad. Stop doing this.

Very constructive criticism.

lucky.BOY
2011-04-01, 07:40
If this is a joke, making up this shit AIN'T FUNNY

If this is real, posting it on April 1st AIN'T FUNNY

LithiumFox
2011-04-01, 07:56
Sometimes, I wonder if the PR team is just a bunch of trolls from 4chan.... :roll:

Saw this one coming a mile away, though after last year, i'm .5% believing it... simply because there is that possibility. Though, they did word some things very awkwardly.... and kinda "IN YOUR FACE". And it was AncientMan... >.> I never see him post anything really....

EnermaX
2011-04-01, 07:59
... didn't even read it. :D

Elektro
2011-04-01, 08:05
I have a feeling this is true :(

illidur
2011-04-01, 08:15
uh bros, bf3 has been past concept art for a very long time. fail april fools joke.

Arc_Shielder
2011-04-01, 08:36
Find funny that some are still wondering if it's true or not. There are several signs around that indicate that it is false, a couple of devs are even joking in this thread.

Geez, lighten up people.

CBT02
2011-04-01, 08:39
so you bought a game for a mod that wasn't even released yet??

that was smart...

yea, so did every other true fan of PR.... you know what never mind your right.

CBT02
2011-04-01, 08:46
BTW i think this should finalize the true or false debate:

[R-DEV]Gaz "... a LOT of people have already assumed this is a joke. We got bored of joking on April 1st 2 years ago. We're still committed to putting out a quality final release of PR BF2."

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-bf2-general-discussion/96388-no-more-bf-pr-thoughts-feelings-2.html

communistman
2011-04-01, 09:28
EA acquiring the PR team would be all bad, frankly I can't understand why anyone would be excited for this. It's a good move for anyone on the PR team, as this would mean getting decent and regular pay and great work experience to boot. But it would be terrible for the actual game and concept of PR.

PR, I feel, is a very niche game, meant for a specific audience. Corporations like EA operate on a profit motive (bottom line is to make money). These two facts combined insures that PR wouldn't be PR as we understand it if EA was in ownership of it's fate. It simply wouldn't make enough money, EA wouldn't take that risk. It's why you don't see games being released by big companies that take realism and teamwork to the level PR does.

My point, really, is that PR is too awesome to ever fall into the greedy hands of big business. If anything, this joke (I'm assuming) has inspired me to donate to the PR team in the realization that they don't make steady money from this endeavor, and PR is important enough to me that I'll give it money even if I don't have to.

KingLorre
2011-04-01, 09:47
Don't any of you lot read EA's press releases anymore?

Staker
2011-04-01, 10:27
I'm sure you're just expecting us to expect that you would expect us to expect your expetations, so we would expect that it would or wouldn't be an april fools joke.

BLViIX_z-Mk

Tactical Infidel
2011-04-01, 10:55
maybe some truth to this?

Battlefield Blog (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/03/21/dice-is-hiring.aspx)

OriginalWarrior
2011-04-01, 11:08
IMO, this kind of thing isnt far fetched. The Dev team have really something going here, and EA would be foolish to not alteast take a look. Hell. I say make the money you deserve, and drop the hottest FPS out there.

Chuc
2011-04-01, 11:13
Pay's not great, but hell I'm doing what I love :mrgreen:

illidur
2011-04-01, 11:14
Chuc;1571730']Pay's not great, but hell I'm doing what I love :mrgreen:

fooling people is free bro. concept art lmao.

STORM-Mama
2011-04-01, 11:21
"We will also be advising existing DICE developers and helping to tweak the well known Battlefield gameplay to promote a more real and deadly environment"

lol, fat chance

Tactical Infidel
2011-04-01, 11:22
fooling people is free bro. concept art lmao.

DICE (http://www.dice.se/)

wiklund
2011-04-01, 11:37
Guys, if this aint a joke you really need to stop dropping this kind of news on and around first of april god damn it!

maarit
2011-04-01, 11:45
from battlefield 3 thread in offtopic forum....

UK_FORCE:Its a great engine to be fair:wink:

SILLY SAVAGE:A Dev-wink, from a management position no less.

What could this mean?!

SECRETS!,CONSPIRACY!!,BEAR Of ASAD KHAL IS BACK!!!

Nebsif
2011-04-01, 11:52
SECRETS!,CONSPIRACY!!,BEAR Of ASAD KHAL IS BACK!!!

ahhh good times
Unlock plz http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-bf2-general-discussion/68595-there-bear.html

martinhjerpe
2011-04-01, 11:53
Since the developers are confirming it's true so I guess we have to take their word for it....

Why would you post something like this on april 1st when it's not a joke? You have to have done that on purpose, why? You think the best way to finnish is to fuck with the whole communtiy? I hope that made you happy, because it sure had the opposite effect on the communtiy.

I sure hope you make quite an impact on BF3 so I've got something to look forward to.

I am officially disappointed that you won't even make a first release of PR:Arma 2
Not cool, won't be the same thing with ACE PVP. I know they're not going to properly use that material.:-|

Elektro
2011-04-01, 12:00
Because the 1st of april is the start of a new month and ussually news goes out around this time.

Limeni[BiH]
2011-04-01, 12:00
aprililililililil! :D

Ado
2011-04-01, 12:04
April April :D

Damian(>>>PL
2011-04-01, 12:06
Mabey thats a double joke and devs want us to think this is a joke when its not, or mabey triple and they know, we know, they know it.

Raccoon
2011-04-01, 12:19
Trololololololo! I read up to >PR:ArmA2 >Cancelled And that's where I caught on.

Cpl.Small
2011-04-01, 12:27

Not cool, won't be the same thing with ACE PVP. I know they're not going to properly use that material.:-|

Dude calm down a bit, from what I've seen no one is properly pissed off...
Even if this is true, how else would you expect the news to be broken? These are the PR Devs we're talking about :D

martinhjerpe
2011-04-01, 12:40
Building up all this hype, talking about what they want to accomplish with the mod in the future, what goals they have, why even bother when you kinda knew this was going to happen. Podcast and all. Such a waste, such a letdown. I think it's too sudden, that's all. few weeks ago they had goals far ahead and posted that podcast and all, and then..... "screw this, we're not gonna do it". Way to go!

EmBra
2011-04-01, 12:51
First I was like :fuck me:

Then I was like :fuck you:

UK_Force
2011-04-01, 13:00
We would like to formally announce, that the reality studios acquisition notice is indeed False and was part of our traditional April Fools.

I would like to assure you that we have not stopped work on any of our Projects whatsoever, and we have NO ties to BF3 / EA or DICE in the slightest.

PR: BF2 continues in vain like all the rest of our work.

PR: ArmA2 has not been cancelled, if anything the work flow has recently increased with some new additions to the team, and an update to follow very soon.

ACE do not have any of our work, they have played along with this too - big Thank you goes out to sickboy from ACE ;-)

For the ArmA2 community, who may be new to this tradition I apologise that it leaked over there (I kind of knew it would though...lol).

It caused well over 200 posts within 24 Hours - so it had some effect.

I especially like the following quotes:

BIS Forums (Captured prior to it being edited)

Well that was a kick in the teeth. At first I thought this was an early April fools. Well, its still the 31st here.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/96359-update-reality-studios-acquisition.html

Disgraceful. You hype all this up, get a team on board, then bail on the community. Pretty disgusting actually.

Now as best as I can say this, sod off. You've let many people down by doing this. The least you could do is to release what you have as open source, but I doubt you will.

There is also nothing offical from EA, who i guess dont have time for 'silly' april fools jokes.

I hope its a joke because it would be a massive loss to lose PR from Arma, although im sure some people might disagree with me.

PR Forums

Mabey thats a double joke and devs want us to think this is a joke when its not, or mabey triple and they know, we know, they know it.

If it's a joke I don't think it's funny. It's juvenile and even more so while we wait and see if it is a joke on the community. Making fake maps is funny, this isn't funny. Where are the mature adults at Reality Studios.

I'm happy for you guys, but can't help but to be honestly extremely disappointed. I wish you luck on PR2 (whenever that may come out) and getting EA to bring mod tools to BF3.

What did PRBot do to deserve this!

I was also about to buy Arma 2. Was so looking forward to it. I just hope I can get it before 0.1 comes out.

Building up all this hype, talking about what they want to accomplish with the mod in the future, what goals they have, why even bother when you kinda knew this was going to happen. Podcast and all. Such a waste, such a letdown. I think it's too sudden, that's all. few weeks ago they had goals far ahead and posted that podcast and all, and then..... "screw this, we're not gonna do it". Way to go!

Finally please be assured our main priority is and always will be to our Fantastic Community, we would never Jump Ship on you, and you can quote me on that :-?

@ The Devs .... back to work now, there is a lot to do :mrgreen:

Thank you

- Project Reality Team

sweedensniiperr
2011-04-01, 13:08
last year's was better.

-|Tactic|-Japsen
2011-04-01, 13:10
Hahaha fuck you guys :D

Silly_Savage
2011-04-01, 13:10
Ladies and gentlemen, you've been a wonderful audience.

Thank you and good night!

:15_cheers

maarit
2011-04-01, 13:13
hmm...i allready selled my arma 2&operation arrowhead....
now i have to buy those back....;-)

Cpl.Small
2011-04-01, 13:15
You got me good :D

Sprats
2011-04-01, 13:29
i hope you burn in hell.. damn you devs.. i was so excited about where the PR was going to, but nooo... it had to be a joke.. feck you guys.

strima
2011-04-01, 13:42
Had me fooled... :)

AnimalMother.
2011-04-01, 13:46
not as good as last years double bluff, but the shock factor was definitely there

Claymore
2011-04-01, 13:54
Best april fools joke ever :-)

Elektro
2011-04-01, 13:54
UK_Force;1571784']We would like to formally announce, that the reality studios acquisition notice is indeed False and was part of our traditional April Fools.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/282/3/8/maximum_trolling_by_synknight-d30eobn.gif

AncientMan
2011-04-01, 13:58
:D

MaxBooZe
2011-04-01, 13:58
ohlol you guys, I obviously won this April fools by unfolding the fool.

http://revuh.nl/forums/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/trollface.gif

=]H[= JakCurse
2011-04-01, 13:59
April fails

Hehehehehe

Ridge
2011-04-01, 14:05
Its funny to read threw all the comments.:)

Jeepo
2011-04-01, 14:15
So much win, and so many random comments/insults generated on many websites. Trololo!

Koolaid-maker
2011-04-01, 14:19
I think its better than last year because of all the panic attacks it caused :D

Stiller_001
2011-04-01, 14:27
I found it funny how different people reacted to this... lol nice April fools joke Dev's!

Karatepelle
2011-04-01, 14:27
I actually thought that it was real until i saw the Arma:2 part, then my button flicked! :P

ma21212
2011-04-01, 14:37
so maybe we can have a news update about PR?

lucky.BOY
2011-04-01, 14:48
Im still scared..

Dzanic
2011-04-01, 15:01
Good to hear its only a joke. Don't think Project Reality 2 would ever became good if DICE or EA would have put their dirty hands in it. They make games for money, PR team makes it for the sake of joy.

Arc_Shielder
2011-04-01, 15:06
I'm not sure what section was it, I think Arma, when a DEV was discussing work being done in the game just after these news were out. Then you have a couple of DEVs joking around carelessly. Sections of Arma and Vietnam still open.

This was all you needed to sit back at smile.

Damian(>>>PL
2011-04-01, 15:16
After my girlfriend joke that she is pregnant, I was ready for any other joke, anyway 128 in BF3 could be cool. But I would never resign from PR and PR comunity, even for BF3 with 128 players(it will be next commercial shit).

illidur
2011-04-01, 15:22
it was painful to see alot of the people accepting it tbh....

why was the beans spilled so early.... still have the whole day left here :)

Rhino
2011-04-01, 15:30
why was the beans spilled so early.... still have the whole day left here :)

It was up for 23hrs :p