PDA

View Full Version : Media Reality Studios Podcast #1

UK_Force
2011-03-05, 14:06
http://media.realitymod.com/headers/reality_studios_podcast1.png

Welcome to the first official Reality Studios Podcast! Due to the huge thirst for information revolving around PR: ArmA2, we decided to create a Podcast for the Community.

The whole community was asked over a 2 week period to ask any questions they wanted answering in relation to PR: ArmA2.

The team then sat down to answer all these questions about the highly anticipated upcoming PR: ArmA2 modification release for the retail ArmA II PC game. The topics covered a huge range from how game play is being altered and what new game modes you can expect to see, to detailed insights on what various new weapons and vehicles will be available.

wa0AjAl1Rmw

To compliment the video, we have also provided a direct link so you can chose to download this Podcast and play it through an MP3 Player, or simply at your own leisure.

DOWNLOAD HIGH-QUALITY HERE (http://media.realitymod.com/podcast/Reality-Studios-Podcast1-2011-03-03.mp3)
DOWNLOAD LOW-QUALITY HERE (http://media.realitymod.com/podcast/Reality-Studios-Podcast1-2011-03-03_mobile.mp3)

The Reality Studios team comprises a group of dedicated individuals from all over the world, several of whom have backgrounds in armed services. There are currently three projects in simultaneous development; a modification for Battlefield 2, a modification for ArmA 2 and also a standalone game currently called Project Reality 2. The main focus of all our projects is to produce the most realistic, team oriented, online gaming experience available.

We hope you enjoy the Podcast, and more importantly hope you find it informative. You can be assured we plan to run further Podcasts in the future for all areas of Reality Studios, so be sure to stay tuned in to the Project Reality (https://www.realitymod.com) website for more updates and news. Cheers!

- Reality Studios Team

pfhatoa
2011-03-05, 14:09
Woho :) At last!

papitenhallo
2011-03-05, 14:42
I already hear it, it's awesome <3

NAPALM47
2011-03-05, 15:01
Great podcast, looking forward for more!

jozi02
2011-03-05, 15:26
Great :D

Now i just need subtitles :P

PaintScratcher
2011-03-05, 15:29
Thanks for taking the time to do this, very cool. :D

gazzthompson
2011-03-05, 16:06
"HI im deadfast i DO UI!"

i lol'd

Ghost Wolfe
2011-03-05, 16:16
Amazing work guys, thanks so much.

Adriaan
2011-03-05, 16:33
Very interesting stuff and nice work on the podcast itself too. I'm looking forward to the next one already!

supahpingi
2011-03-05, 17:12
My mic sucks....

Oh and so does my voice D:

Psyko
2011-03-05, 17:21
i wonder if i can track down a motion capture kit in my college.

Covert_Death
2011-03-05, 18:07
i have access to one here in the states at my University :p

AfterDune
2011-03-05, 18:30
My mic sucks....

Oh and so does my voice D:
Na man, was nice to have you there. You must've been shocked when we dragged you in our channel, surrounded by DEVs all of a sudden :D.

CareBear
2011-03-05, 18:37
'it could turn out like dr ranks mythical sangin'

lulllz

Jeepo
2011-03-05, 19:39
Excellent!

DDS
2011-03-05, 19:59
Nice to hear developers share what they are doing.

AD and DeanosBeano voices are definately marketable.. lol

Cheers,

DDS

wormeaten
2011-03-05, 20:26
'it could turn out like dr ranks mythical sangin'

lulllz

Sangin is not a myth I was seen some screen shoots. ;-)

CareBear
2011-03-05, 20:36
wormeaten;1558156']Sangin is not a myth I was seen some screen shoots. ;-)

i know its not a myth for various reasons ;)

Rhino
2011-03-05, 20:39
i know its not a myth for various reasons ;)

ye, this RGG nub was only helping test performance on the map the other day :p

Deadfast
2011-03-05, 22:21
It's a conspiracy!

WelshManDan
2011-03-06, 00:00
Great guys, really nice to hear the team answering questions directly from the community.

Nice work and presentation as always!

dtacs
2011-03-06, 00:44
That voice is like chocolate, butter, flowers and love combined.

Biscuits
2011-03-06, 02:52
nice :)

Fresz
2011-03-06, 07:28
The only question wasent asked: When first realise??

dtacs
2011-03-06, 07:32
The only question wasn't asked: When is first release??
PRA2 is still in development, and there is a lot more to do. Don't expect a release date for awhile now.

John-117
2011-03-06, 11:23
Since it is podcast 1 does that mean there is more on the way? Stupid question: will it be out before the end of the century ;)?
Thanks for that it was actually really good and helped clear up alot of things

cyberzomby
2011-03-06, 11:41
Bit long for my taste. Listened to the first 5 minutes and it was good tho. Nice quality :) Might try and listen the rest.

Psyko
2011-03-06, 12:10
Bit long for my taste. Listened to the first 5 minutes and it was good tho. Nice quality :) Might try and listen the rest.

+1

see a lot of people still dont know what goes on in the making of a mod. with this thing going on from the beginning of PRA2 it will help people understand. and it might make them stop asking so many questions in the forums also. but i imagine podcasts must be a bit laborious, and churning one out every month would be a lot. great idea though.

-|Tactic|-Japsen
2011-03-06, 16:46
To long for my taste. I prefer more little podcast then one big :)

kuratomi1950
2011-03-06, 17:35
afterdunes voice is epic.....

Claymore
2011-03-06, 18:18
I absolutely love this podcast, it answers a lot of questions and it's generally very well done imo.

Zulnex
2011-03-07, 02:45
Loving the podcast as well. Very interesting and informative. Thank you very much.8-)

warlab
2011-03-07, 17:25
Podcast sounds great.
Checking it out as I write this.
Good stuff guys :)

tntkid22
2011-03-07, 19:14
listened to whole thing on way to school and back. listened to music from the beginning and end a few times. Nice listen nice to know about the inside workings of the mod and your guys thought process.

@ gazz same lol

mangeface
2011-03-07, 23:44
PODCASTS!?!?!? I want the new patch. I'm deploying within the month, and I know me and a few of my buddies would like to rape with Kiowas and LBs on Karbala while waiting to get to the middle east.

Anyways, this is awesome even though I won't be able to enjoy them until 2012.

XXLpeanuts
2011-03-08, 10:47
Was very interesting indeed, answered a lot of questions regarding rumors and all sorts, nice to know that the addons will be free to mission edit with, look forward to experimenting

Spec
2011-03-08, 17:07
Sexey voice indeed. Nice stuff, although so far I'm only 70% through it, will listen to the rest when I find the time. Too bad about the animation system being so bunnies :/

Scandicci
2011-03-09, 13:19
Very nice job, After Dune with conducting the interviews. It was extremely well done and at the risk of being accused of having a thing for you, let me say that it is true that you have a great voice for this sort of thing.

MadTommy
2011-03-09, 13:54
PRA2 is still in development, and there is a lot more to do. Don't expect a release date for awhile now.

As you appear to be the grammar police, and i must say a very poor one...

'Awhile' means 'a short period'. Also you should not use a comma with an 'and' as it is a conjunction.

Pfft some people these days just can't be bothered to use proper English :-?

Burton
2011-03-09, 17:16
As you appear to be the grammar police, and I must say a very poor one...

'Awhile' means 'a short period'. Also you should not use a comma with an 'and' as it is a conjunction.

Pfft some people these days just can't be bothered to use proper English :-?

Fixed for you. Capital I, please. :)

Also, you called him "the grammar police". Police being the collective term, yet then refer to him as one. Singular.
You cant be "a police".

You would have been better to say something along the lines of
"As you seem to be a member of the grammar police and not a very good one, it is my duty to inform you that

'Awhile' blah blah blah"

You can also use a comma before and when linking two statements together (MadTommy is pedantic, and is never pleased).
This is what dtacs and yourself have done in your posts, both of which are correct.

What's more, it is acceptable in English grammar to use a comma in conjunction with the word and if it's a serial comma (i.e. the last in a list - a torch, a map, a compass, and a pencil).

At least that's what I was taught when doing my A level.

Themanager55
2011-03-09, 17:33
Actually in some circumstances the previously used "a vey poor one" can be correct. When the collective, in this case the police, consists of only a single person, which I believe to be so in this particular case , you may indeed use "a very poor one".

AfterDune
2011-03-09, 17:45
Since when are we checking people's grammar on these forums? Stop talking about it and let it go, all of you.

MadTommy
2011-03-10, 07:31
Oh AD..just a bit of fun mate. I think you'll find 'let it go' is grammatically incorrect..:33_love:

Burton;1559842']Fixed for you. Capital I, please. :)

Also, you called him "the grammar police". Police being the collective term, yet then refer to him as one. Singular.
You cant be "a police".

You would have been better to say something along the lines of
"As you seem to be a member of the grammar police and not a very good one, it is my duty to inform you that

'Awhile' blah blah blah"

You can also use a comma before and when linking two statements together (MadTommy is pedantic, and is never pleased).
This is what dtacs and yourself have done in your posts, both of which are correct.

What's more, it is acceptable in English grammar to use a comma in conjunction with the word and if it's a serial comma (i.e. the last in a list - a torch, a map, a compass, and a pencil).

At least that's what I was taught when doing my A level.

Damn, I've been foiled! :mrgreen:

I always was terrible at English.. my wife is a teacher.. when she starts talking about grammar and rules of the English language i tend to refer to laws of thermodynamics to throw her off the scent.. that way neither of us have a clue what the other is saying.

Anyway, great podcast. :)

martinhjerpe
2011-03-10, 20:12
i Iz very pliced with this podcast. 2 bad u guyz don't haz you're own motion capture studio, imagine what you cud do with dat, that would be pretty dam sweeet. I am unpatiently waitin 4 more newz.

PRLE shall rage! (Project Reality Language Enforcement)

[XSYS]EIdorado
2011-03-10, 23:13
Good stuff, nice info in that podcast. Makes the wait (a bit) easier :D

Absolute Killer
2011-03-11, 02:19
quite entertaining guys, thanks for the podcast
this might be a cool thing to do just before every major PR patch just to introduce the new stuff coming up but in a more personal way than just posting it up on the forums

General Dragosh
2011-03-11, 15:46
Nice poddy casty =P

You might one day make a video podcast xD

Generalen
2011-03-11, 16:59
Nice initiative! Keep them coming! :grin:

Gaz
2011-03-15, 00:20
great podcast :) Did you cut my vagina? (it will all become clear...).

AfterDune
2011-03-15, 06:32
It's still in there, Gaz :p.

martinhjerpe
2011-03-15, 14:38
Speaking of animations, I have the answer, KINECT!
Just look at the machinimas people are making with it.
I woukd so like to see someone do a animation in ArmA 2 with Kinect, I don't think anyone has ever tried that.

Pantera
2011-03-16, 12:17
Speaking of animations, I have the answer, KINECT!
Just look at the machinimas people are making with it.
I woukd so like to see someone do a animation in ArmA 2 with Kinect, I don't think anyone has ever tried that.

Thats a joke right?

RIGHT?

Kinect>Xbox 360 - ArmA2: PR>PC

Twisted Helix
2011-03-16, 14:24
Actually Microsoft are opening the Kinect SDK out. I know someone already thats made a motion detector with it in C4.

However dont get any illusions that this is going to replace 10 grand mocap equipment :p

martinhjerpe
2011-03-16, 21:49
Pantera;1562964']Thats a joke right?

RIGHT?

Kinect>Xbox 360 - ArmA2: PR>PC

Uhm no? Have you seriously not seen what people are doing with the kinect, hooked up to a PC? I don't see how you could have missed that.

Also, I know it won't replace motion capture equipment but not everyone can afford that and you can still do alot with kinect. Now I'm not talking about animations for the weapon when you run and stuff like that because that requires alot more detail, I'm talking about things like when you mount the sideguns on a chopper (as you know they don't move) and other simple animations you might need for doing certain things.

I know it's not perfect but what is, I would SERIOUSLY like to see someone do that.

winchesterdelta1
2011-03-17, 13:57
Funny you guy's bring up kinect. i Was thinking of posting something like that aswell. Kinect on the PC with the open source drivers can be very handy in certain programs and games that are not Xbox360 related. I think we will soon see drivers for DCS A-10C and head tracking for ARMA2 using kinect. And it would be awsome if some smart team of guy's can actually make a application that can capture and import animations into ARMA2. Its allready proven that ARMA2 is able to work with external programs by making defaulth drivers as showed in ACRE.

TheLastManStanding
2011-03-17, 15:08
Heheh, Kinect pretty fun to play with, but for something as complex as ARMA 2 would prove to be very unfruitful if you ask me.

grinder
2011-03-20, 16:20
Good podcast =)
PRM THE Best mod

DDS
2011-03-29, 01:38
I went back here to read all these posts and no one asked so I will.
Will there be a Podcast 2?

A.Filikov
2011-03-29, 22:46
Good to hear whats going on. will be waiting for more.

AfterDune
2011-03-30, 05:35
I went back here to read all these posts and no one asked so I will.
Will there be a Podcast 2?
If it's up to me, I'd say yes. But it doesn't necessarily have to be about PR for ArmA of course ;).