PDA

View Full Version : Misc Local RCON Commands

VapoMan
2011-03-01, 07:59
RCON commands on local servers are very useful for testing maps, vehicles and weapons ingame.

1. In the launcher, click 'Options' and select the 'Global' tab. Check the 'Enable Local RCON Commands' option, click 'Apply' and then 'Close'.

2. Start a local or Co-op server.

3. Once spawned in ingame bring up chat ( default j,k,l keys).

4. Type in:
rcon debug
A message should appear saying '*Debug Enabled*'
Enabling debug mode is important as most commands cant be done unless debug is enabled.

Ingame Commands:

Ingame commands must be entered in chat by using the j,k or l keys, NOT in console.

Now that you're logged in and in debug mode you can use the spawner commands.
Its important that you DO NOT spawn anything that isnt in the map you are currently playing as it will crash the game. Example spawning a PLA tank on kashan will crash the game.

The spawner command is:
rcon spawner thing_you_are_spawning

For example if I wanted to spawn a US logistics truck on kashan desert the command would be:
rcon spawner us_trk_logistics
There are single player versions of some vehicles, for example tanks that allow the gunner to drive. They have _bf2 on the end of the name. As long as you have the vehcile in the map, you can spawn in the SP varient.

If I wanted to spawn the MEC marksman kit the command would be:
rcon spawner mec_marksman
If you want to alternate version of the kit put _alt on the end of the code like this:
rcon spawner mec_marksman_alt

To spawn a deployable firebase the command would be:
rcon spawner deployable_firebaseIf you want to spawn a pre built deployable just put _sp on the end of the name. You can only spawn deployables for the teams on the map.

You can spawn any vehicle or kit on any team as long as it is on the map you are playing on.

Useful for testing and taking screenshots is the flying prbot. The command for that it:
rcon prbot
To remove the minimap and hud when in the prbot press the switch weapon key (default F).
There is another prbot with different controls, more sutable for smooth video recording. The command for that it:
rcon prbot2

Also useful for taking screenshots and filming is the camera kit. Its command is:
rcon camera
The kit will probably be invisible so just walk a few meters infront of you and press G. The kit has a UN helmet, so it can be useful in community events.

For instant respawn type in:
rcon ready playername
Replace 'playername' with the name of the person you want to instantly respawn.
So If I wanted to do it to myself I would type in:
rcon ready vapoman
You can also use just the first letter or first few letters of the players name. For example
rcon ready v

To allow all kits used in vehicles plus no need for driver in tanks etc type in:
rcon oneman

To disable Vehicle warm up times type in:
rcon start

To disable Team Kit restrictions so you can use enemy kits, type in:
rcon onefaction

To spawn every kit for the faction you are currently playing as type:
rcon kits
It will spawn all the kits and varients for the faction in a long line.

To find out your current health value type:
rcon health
Fully healed is 100.0, dead is 0

To run a map in the your map rotation type:
rcon map nn
Replace nn with the map number. To find out the map number type the follow into the console (by pressing ~):
maplist.list

To teleport to loctation X amount of meters away in the direction you're facing type (this one only works in the console ~):
rcon teleport X
If you teleport to a location that is lower in height than you're current you will fall and die, so be careful.

Vehicle and Kit Names:

To find the names of all the vehicles and kits locate the following directory:
Program Files/EA GAMES/Battlefield 2/mods/pr/content

The kits_server.zip will have all the names of the kits for all the different factions.
The vehicles_server.zip will have all the vehicles names for all the diffents factions.
The common_server.zip has names for deployables, such as firebases, tows ect.

For reference here are the team names so you can identify which kits and vehicles belong to which armies and maps:
cf = Canadian Forces
ch= PLA
chinsurgent = Militia
GB= British Forces
ger = German Forces
hamas= Hamas
idf = Israeli defence force
Mec = MEC
MEInsurgent = Insurgents
pickup = Random pickup kits (some of the insurgent and taliban kits are in here)
ru = Russian Forces
taliban = Taliban
us = USMC
usa = US Army

PatrickLA_CA
2011-03-01, 11:32
That's very useful, thanks Vapo!

AncientMan
2011-03-01, 11:58
You don't need to login for it to work, just "rcon debug". And you can just use "rcon camera" for the camera kit.

For listen servers, you need to type the commands into chat (j, k, or l), for dedicated, you type it into console (~). For dedicated, you need to enable debug at the bottom of the relevant realityconfig_*.py file.

VapoMan
2011-03-01, 12:28
AncientMan;1555952']For listen servers, you need to type the commands into chat (j, k, or l), for dedicated, you type it into console (~).

Palmface I forgot that lol:mrgreen:. Will quickly edit....

Elektro
2011-03-01, 14:38
Will spawning a jet on Kashan crash the server?

VapoMan
2011-03-01, 14:48
Will spawning a jet on Kashan crash the server?

It will not crash as long as the vehicle is in the map.
So if you spawn it in the 64p jet layer it is fine, but if you spawn it in the 32p chopper layer it will crash.

AnimalMother.
2011-03-01, 17:44
might want to add rcon ready playername to instant respawn

rcon oneman to allow all kits used in vehicles plus no need for driver in tanks etc and rcon start (i think) to have no turrent warm ups etc

rcon map nn - where nn is a number from the maplist to switch to that map

VapoMan
2011-03-02, 04:48
Thanks Animal.Mother for the extra commands, added those in :)

splatters
2011-03-02, 05:00
You can also spawn firebases etc. Static objects can be spawn too, but afaic only the host can see those. Networkable static objects can bee seen by everyone.

VapoMan
2011-10-15, 05:57
Updated OP with more commands and removed the login process since it isn't needed.

USMC scout sniper
2011-10-15, 07:21
Do these commands work in COOP?

Rhino
2011-10-15, 07:46
Do these commands work in COOP?

Providing its a local server or if on a dedi server, debug is enabled.

- Topic moved to tuts area and stickied :)

AnimalMother.
2011-10-19, 12:16
rcon onefaction

Removes the penalty for picking up special enemy kits (sniper, officer, medic etc)

VapoMan
2011-10-19, 15:16
Thanks animal, added to the list.

xWEESERx
2012-02-15, 14:44
It doesnt seem to work for me, says something about cannot invoke login :/

VapoMan
2012-02-15, 16:09
It doesnt seem to work for me, says something about cannot invoke login :/

Sounds like you're trying to input commands into the console. You have to type the commands into ingame chat for it to work.

VapoMan;1555897']2. Once spawned in ingame bring up chat ( default j,k,l keys).

Bor
2012-02-23, 13:46
Any way to get rid of the camera kit? I cant type when i have my camera kit on :( (I keep on switching between camera kit and prbot2 , and prbot2 disappears after you exit)

BloodyDeed
2012-02-23, 19:12
Just use the console for the spawner commands.
It opens with the key above "Tab".

VapoMan
2012-02-24, 01:55
Not all the rcon commands work in the console though, spawner commands seem to only work in chat.

Bor, if you're just on a local server (it wont work online), you can use the console command, renderer.drawhud 0 and renderer.drawhud 1 to remove the hud.

Finners
2012-03-04, 22:16
doesnt seem to work if i launch a local server off my pc any ideas?

Rhino
2012-03-04, 22:42
you need to type the commands into the cmd server window.

Finners
2012-03-05, 14:21
how do i do that :S Sorry i guess im useless... is this on a normal local server just run off of my laptop??

I got it never mind didnt realise it couldn't be done in coop!!

oakman26
2012-04-08, 19:02
I get acces denied when i try to edit realityconfig_local with notepad

oakman26
2012-04-08, 19:20
And for a local deployment server would i edit local or private

AnimalMother.
2012-04-08, 20:20

never known for this to happen to everyone, what settings are you trying to change?

And for a local deployment server would i edit local or private

if your going 'join internet -> create local' then you want to be editing the local config :)

If your ever unsure of what config file you want to be editing fire up the game and at round start it will say in the top left of the screen what gamemode and layer is running and what config is being used :)

hope this helps

lucky.BOY
2012-04-08, 21:53

Might be a Windows problem, try copying it to your desktop, edit it there, and then copy it back to original folder. It might help. However this seems like a user rights problem...

-lucky

JTtheOKIE
2012-04-10, 01:54
And for a local deployment server would i edit local or privateyou need to right click on the file, and set your security preferences so what ever user you are on has full control.

Also guys, I get a CTD after hitting Squad Assignment when predebug_all is set to 1. Any ideas?

VapoMan
2012-04-10, 03:51
you need to right click on the file, and set your security preferences so what ever user you are on has full control.

Also guys, I get a CTD after hitting Squad Assignment when predebug_all is set to 1. Any ideas?

Download this and replace your existing realityconfig_local.py with it (ive already made the edits in this one).
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31317139/realityconfig_local.py

If you still CTD then its probably unrelated.

sweedensniiperr
2012-04-12, 12:54
where are the vietnam files located?

EDIT: thanks. why is it located there though?:S

VapoMan
2012-04-12, 13:11
where are the vietnam files located?

battlefield 2/mods/pr/levels/prv_base

SniperSktlz
2012-05-03, 22:03
I want to make my private server rcon enabled so me and some friends can mess around on the new vietnam maps without having to worry about wasting assets. Anyone know how to change the file? I've tried to edit realityconfig_public but instead of a .PY file it's a .PYC file so when I open it I get something about as readable as webdings. Anyone know of any way to open and edit this file so I can enable debuging?

AnimalMother.
2012-05-03, 22:31
private server running a password you'll want to edit the realityconfig_private.py

the public config file is compiled so that public servers can't change the spawns etc

SniperSktlz
2012-05-04, 04:47
AnimalMother;1767562']private server running a password you'll want to edit the realityconfig_private.py

the public config file is compiled so that public servers can't change the spawns etc

Wait, well my server doesn't appear on the server list, but if I have my friend connect to the Ip adress it connects them. So, is that a private server or a public server?

AnimalMother.
2012-05-04, 15:08
When you start the round what does it say at the top left of the screen?

Example is:

Playing Burning Sands AAS Std using Private Config

if you miss the message you can open the console using ` (button left of 1 on keyboard) and it should display it there. Your probably best firing a PM off to someone like [R-DEV]bloodydeed to talk server setup stuff

DieVoorJe91
2012-05-15, 18:35
Is there a command for rcon which removes the restriction to enter a vehicle gunner postion while alone in the vehicle?

WeeD-KilleR
2012-05-15, 18:58
yes, "rcon oneman". If you want to be able to drive and shoot (driver+gunner merged) spawn the vehicle with a _bf2 in the end.

Kevokpo
2012-07-15, 17:42
Hi guys I just tried the rcon commands with the german faction, but when trying to spawn the tornado it doesn't spawn, it also happens with the mercedes

tornado: rcon spawner ger_jet_tornadogr4
mercedes: rcon spawner ger_jep_gwagon

I tried the uh1d, the eurofighter and the puma and they spawn. Also the map does not crash so I think that those assets might be able to spawn on silent eagle.

Then I tried to spawn the mercedes, in Lashkar Valley in coop mode, and it does not appear, then I tried with the canadians in Op. Archer and it spawns.

It does not affects me at all but just wondering why those assets don't appear.

another question, do still these structures work? I mean can I deploy them? never tryed before
deployable_pillbox
deployable_bunker

and what are these for? I put the command but nothing seems to happen.
fixed_50cal_tripod
fixed_bunker
fixed_carrier
fixed_firebase
fixed_insurgent_hideout

Amok@ndy
2012-07-15, 18:51
for the GWagon i think you have to use ger_jep_gwagon_support or ger_jep_gwagon_support_alt
if nothing of those is working have a look at /levels/silent_eagle/server.zip/GameModes/cq/64/GamePlayObjects.con and check out how those vehicles are spawned

AnimalMother.
2012-07-17, 17:44
the code for te tornado is incorrect

ger_jet_tornado_gr4_mw1 though the mw1 and gr4 could be the other way around. have a look again in the levels GPO

the fixed emplacements don't do anything afaik. if you want to just spawn a HMG emplacement use something like

deployable_50cal_tripod_us

sweedensniiperr
2012-07-23, 23:40
the fixed emplacements don't do anything afaik. if you want to just spawn a HMG emplacement use something like

deployable_50cal_tripod_us

The "fixed" makes the deployable already up. You don't need to dig. So there is a difference:)

Kevokpo
2012-07-24, 18:52
I see now, I just checked the name of the vehicles inside the zip files in dirctory "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\objects" and the german tornado appeared like that: ger_jet_tornado_gr4, so I'll try if it works, thanks for the help ;)

Amok@ndy
2012-07-25, 07:37
you shouldnt use the folder name but the .con and .tweak file name inside the folder, mostly its the same but not always

linshuhao
2012-08-26, 19:24
Thank you !! It is so useful. I think I can use it to make a movie or play happily

BGratz
2012-10-22, 07:14
i cant find the ID of the "Gary" anyone an idea ?

on Falujah west specially if this info is needed

VapoMan
2012-10-22, 08:05
i cant find the ID of the "Gary" anyone an idea ?

on Falujah west specially if this info is needed

civ_trk_dumpster

Its located with all the other civilian vehicles in objects/vehicles/civilian.

BGratz
2012-10-22, 08:26
thx, but this Gary has no bombs on it.

is there something i must add to the id like the "_bf2" ?

Psyrus
2012-10-22, 09:16
thx, but this Gary has no bombs on it.

is there something i must add to the id like the "_bf2" ?

civ_trk_dumpster_bomber

BGratz
2012-10-22, 10:00
best thanks,:-D test it asap

VapoMan
2012-10-22, 10:10
Woops I forgot that there was a variant without bombs :mrgreen:

Onil
2012-11-08, 22:51
Any idea if there is a rcon command that gives you the coordinates of your current position in game?

could really use this right now.

titsmcgee852
2013-01-18, 05:55
Is there a command to give invincibility, or increased vehicle health? I want to enjoy flying an aeroplan without being shot down within 5 seconds :P

Moszeusz6Pl
2013-01-18, 06:46
There is no such command, although you can copy your PR folder and change aeroplan health in .tweak files.

titsmcgee852
2013-02-03, 11:25
I have more issues. Can't seem to spawn any insurgent stuff, 'rcon spawner MEInsurgent_whatever' never works. Anyone know why?

Also, why do no kits spawn with bandages? Is there a way to see what kits there are available for each faction? As in, what you actually have to type in to spawn that kit.

Moszeusz6Pl
2013-02-03, 11:59
You can find all kits in Objects/kits_serwer.zip, although some files are overwritten by ones from _patch1 and _patch2 versions. As for Field Dressings, they are under 9 key, you can't choose it via mousewhell. If you are playing in coop and you spawn regular version of kit, and use item that is not used in sp(for example field dressing), you will crash the server. Use _sp version of this kit instead.

Jolly
2013-02-03, 12:41
Tornado, I cant spawn it. and no1 can offer a solution.

lucky.BOY
2013-02-03, 13:01
Tornado, I cant spawn it. and no1 can offer a solution.

Load up silent eagle layout that has it (standart?) and type rcon spawner ger_jet_tornadogr4

That should do.

titsmcgee852
2013-02-03, 13:43
You can find all kits in Objects/kits_serwer.zip, although some files are overwritten by ones from _patch1 and _patch2 versions. As for Field Dressings, they are under 9 key, you can't choose it via mousewhell. If you are playing in coop and you spawn regular version of kit, and use item that is not used in sp(for example field dressing), you will crash the server. Use _sp version of this kit instead.
Thank you so much :)

Stemplus
2013-02-03, 13:45
you actualy need to type in rcon spawner ger_jet_tornadogr4_mw1

Jolly
2013-02-04, 00:55
you actualy need to type in rcon spawner ger_jet_tornadogr4_mw1

Is that working with brits version?

Anyway thanks. :)

Moszeusz6Pl
2013-02-04, 07:29
No, British is gb_jet_tornadogr4_mw1

You can check it by yourself in \Battlefield 2\mods\pr\objects\Vehicles_server or in map folder in levels\map_name\server.zip\gamemodes\your_gamemode \sizeofmap\GamePlayObjects.con

titsmcgee852
2013-02-06, 11:48
I still cannot for the life of me spawn ANY insurgent kits. Can someone please show me exactly what I should type in to spawn say the AT kit with shotgun? Thanks

IINoddyII
2013-02-06, 12:35
try

rcon spawner meinsurgent_support_alt_pickup
rcon spawner meinsurgent_support_pickup

taliban should be

rcon spawner taliban_riflemanat_pickup

failing that....

rcon spawner kits

spawns all kits available to your faction

titsmcgee852
2013-02-06, 15:02
Thanks a bunch. Finally figured it out, with your help of course. Also, rcon kits doesn't seem to work for ME insurgents, only about 8 kits spawn, none of the pickups do.

Psyrus
2013-02-06, 15:23
Thanks a bunch. Finally figured it out, with your help of course. Also, rcon kits doesn't seem to work for ME insurgents, only about 8 kits spawn, none of the pickups do.

Yeah because the rest pickup_xxx kits. Have you gone through the objects' zips and checked the names of the various kits yourself yet?

titsmcgee852
2013-02-07, 09:35
Psyrus;1862051']Yeah because the rest pickup_xxx kits. Have you gone through the objects' zips and checked the names of the various kits yourself yet?
Yes I did that last night and figured it out :) thanks for the help.

Ason
2013-03-09, 01:55
Hey, is it possible to add crates/weapon caches for talibans on Op. Archer Co-op? I want to spawn a crate on a hilltop so i can practice RPG.

CTRifle
2013-03-09, 03:57
spawn that kit you want?

piepieonline
2013-03-09, 05:28
rcon debug
rcon spawner ammocache

That should do it.

titsmcgee852
2013-03-09, 06:55
or rcon kits

Ason
2013-03-22, 22:06
piepieonline;1873252']rcon debug
rcon spawner ammocache

That should do it.

titsmcgee852
2013-05-08, 09:20
My prbot/prbot2 doesn't 'sprint'. I've even reconfigured the sprint key for aircraft and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help? :(

Moszeusz6Pl
2013-05-08, 09:26
You need to double tap forward key, instead of using sprint button.

titsmcgee852
2013-05-08, 17:13
Moszeusz6Pl;1891476']You need to double tap forward key, instead of using sprint button.
I'm positive that I've done that and it didn't work. I'll try again but I can recall it not working

Psyrus
2013-05-09, 16:40
I'm positive that I've done that and it didn't work. I'll try again but I can recall it not working

It works, I tried just last week. I had the same issue not getting sprint to work... double tap finally saved the day!

SANGUE-RUIM
2013-05-09, 17:01
double tap
used it yesterday

titsmcgee852
2013-05-10, 07:11
Psyrus;1891785']It works, I tried just last week. I had the same issue not getting sprint to work... double tap finally saved the day!
Hmm strange... I tried that. I think it might have gone a tiny bit quicker but it wasn't really noticable. It was nothing like this

Project Reality Devcast #3 - PR:BF2 v1.0 Aircraft Updates - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U9-y6efBSo&t=55s)

Moszeusz6Pl
2013-05-10, 08:05
Probably it wasn't prbot, but prbot3, which is faster version, which is not available in .98 afaik.

titsmcgee852
2013-05-11, 01:25
Omg yes that is the best news I've heard all day.

SANGUE-RUIM
2013-05-11, 05:45
prbot3? awesome

ElshanF
2013-08-02, 23:43
How do I find the list in the new pr 1.0?

Jolly
2013-08-05, 09:53
Well, dunno how prbot's gonna work in PR1.0 now.

Spook
2013-08-05, 09:56
prbot3? awesome

There is also prbot4 which can be used to fire every ammunition type....including napalm.

As far as i remember: prbot = invisible probt. shoots flares with weapon slot "3"

prbot2 = invisible. causes flares to stick on the prbot and make it glow and "visible" on slot "3"

prbot3= Very fast prbot with ultra fast derp turbo

prbot4= controls are different. you have an aimpoint and you can aim with your mouse. weapons 1-8 are all explosion types. Starting with Small Arms on 1, 50cal on 2, ending with arty on 7 and napalm on 8

Btw isn't it possible to make the prbot go invisible with the commo rose? Onil did this for his Survival Games Event. if you jump into a prbot you can make it visible/invisible with the commo rose.

LITOralis.nMd
2013-08-08, 22:29
can update factions please

v_arg2 == "arf"
v_arg2 == "fr"
v_arg2 == "vnusa"
v_arg2 == "vnusmc"
v_arg2 == "vnnva"

Tunechi
2013-08-12, 20:42
I can't run PR mumble, so I have to play SP, and in SP I'd like to try some Rcon commands but when I go with the rcon debug one it says "Rcon: Error: not authenticated. You can only invoke 'login'." . And yes, C['PRDEBUG_ALL'] = 1 already.

Any tips please ?

Gracler
2013-08-12, 23:10
I can't run PR mumble, so I have to play SP, and in SP I'd like to try some Rcon commands but when I go with the rcon debug one it says "Rcon: Error: not authenticated. You can only invoke 'login'." . And yes, C['PRDEBUG_ALL'] = 1 already.

Any tips please ?

Your right the setting is 1 by default now for local servers.

That's normal ... look at the orange/green info text it should say debug enabled anyway.

You don't need a login since all players got access to rcon commands on a local server, that is what the "1" enables.

SnipeHunt
2013-08-12, 23:48
I get the "error: not authenticated..." too. It still goes into debug mode. You will see the error come up when putting in rcon commands in the chat and the ~ screen, but still works fine.

C['PRDEBUG_ALL'] = 1 is not necessary anymore, just enter a local game and type rcon debug.

Stealth Clobber
2013-08-13, 00:06
I noticed that rcon kits doesn't spawn duplicate kits anymore (thank god). Makes the kit line a lot more compact.

titsmcgee852
2013-08-13, 01:25
Make sure you have "enable rcon commands" ticked in the PR launcher if you're having problems because that caused me a lot of grief. :)

piepieonline
2013-08-13, 01:46
Not only that, but don't enter it into the console (~), use global chat (Default J).

Gracler
2013-08-13, 12:04
piepieonline;1934981']Not only that, but don't enter it into the console (~), use global chat (Default J).

most things work in chat but for example "teleport" only works in the console

Ason
2013-08-14, 17:52
[rcon oneman] has never worked for me, it only removes need for crewman kit, but you still need a driver.

titsmcgee852
2013-08-15, 02:24
Yep, that's because you need to spawn the _bf2 version of that vehice. Say you want the abrams with the driver and gunner position combined you'll need to say 'rcon spawner us_tnk_m1a2_bf2'

Psyrus
2013-08-15, 03:39
[rcon oneman] has never worked for me, it only removes need for crewman kit, but you still need a driver.

rcon oneman
rcon start

Those two should be used in tandem :)

Ason
2013-08-16, 08:48
Alright, thanks, I tried to spawn the Leclerc tank on Operation marlin alt coop layer but game just crashes...

rcon debug
rcon start
rcon oneman
rcon spawner fr_tank_leclerc_bf2

Crash.

Is it maybe because it's the UN texture?

Amok@ndy
2013-08-16, 09:01
you cant spawn stuff via rcon that havent been placed on the layer, so since it was coop i guess there is only the _bf2 version available if at all

Moszeusz6Pl
2013-08-16, 09:05
It don't have to be object that is on that layer. But all meshes, geometries and other stuff(I think also animations, sounds and effects) must be loaded. As most of _bf2 versions are using same textures and geometries as regular one, you can spawn it, if regular vehicle is on that map. I have spawned several _bf2 version of assets in regular AAS layers, where tere isn't any _bf2 variant.

Ason
2013-08-16, 09:10
on the coop alt layer there is one leclerc tank but it requires 2 people, I guess I can't spawn the bf2 version then.

Btw does someone know if most vehicles on coop have been made into multiplayer version(driver/gunner seat) on purpose to make coop more about training before playing multiplayer? In 0.98 there was always atleast one bf2 version of all vehicles on the map which was great.

EDIT: @ Mosz alright, i guess maybe it just doesn't work on this map then :/

titsmcgee852
2013-08-16, 14:31
on the coop alt layer there is one leclerc tank but it requires 2 people, I guess I can't spawn the bf2 version then.

I was gonna say that. It's like that on a few other maps too. However on another map where the regular version was spawned by default, I was also able to spawn the _bf2 version, so go figure.

Moszeusz6Pl
2013-08-18, 18:39
I think it can be because few co-op version could not get updated to 1.0 yet, so it can use geometry/textures, which regular 1.0 version don't use.

C0PPERH34D
2013-08-28, 22:27
Is there a chance to use Admin.ToggleGamePause on a public server?

I just wondered what would happen, if you pause the game after those huge lags start. Maybe it ll give the server time to rearrange.

CG-Delta
2014-01-21, 17:22

I realize that it's 4 years ago you wrote this but in case someone ran into the same problem... like me.
The key word is UAC (User Account Control). A protection system preventing you from fucking up system files. This link tells you how to disable or loosen its restrictions: [http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/]
When you disabled the UAC you should be able to edit that file in notepad and save it right away (ctrl+s) without even a warning.
When you've read it you probably don't know less than me.

piepieonline
2014-01-22, 05:24
I've updated the instructions for the PR launcher - you don't have to edit the files, and therefore you shouldn't need to change UAC settings.

Senshi
2014-02-03, 12:51
Is there a way to get rcon to work on a passworded, dedicated training server without enabling the rcon debug for everyone using the
C['PRDEBUG_ALL'] = 1
line in the _private.py?

I'd like to hold a mini-event where only the admin(s) should be able to spawn vehicles etc., not the participants, but didn't find anything on this in this thread or a forum search.

camo
2014-03-23, 13:35
whats do i type in for the nva and us army vietnam?
never mind i found out.

Acemantura
2015-06-12, 11:58
How do I spawn a mine or a grenade?

"rcon spawner at_mine" doesn't work

Mineral
2015-06-12, 12:11
Doubt you can spawn weapons. Just spawn a kit that has it.

Acemantura
2015-06-12, 12:30
But I want to bomb bots with PRBot

I also tried to spawn the explosions and something else as well. Kept crashing the server.

Will someone help me poop out some C4 from PRBot?

Jacksonez__
2015-06-12, 12:56
strange that this thread does not have

debug vehicles command

Ason
2015-06-12, 13:36
strange that this thread does not have

debug vehicles command

what does it do?

camo
2015-06-12, 13:47
But I want to bomb bots with PRBot

I also tried to spawn the explosions and something else as well. Kept crashing the server.

Will someone help me poop out some C4 from PRBot?

Just use prbot4.

Ason
2015-06-12, 13:55
I knew there was a way to spawn explosions! Can someone explain how to do that?

UTurista
2015-06-12, 15:08
just type "rcon prbot4", this will spawn a green ball in-front of you, this is a vehicle so just press, default, 'E' to enter and press 1 to 9 to switch weapons.

Can't remember each weapon but I think it goes from normal caliber up to artillery shells

edit: RCON commands should be enabled in local by default, you can check/change this in the launcher>Options>Global.

Jacksonez__
2015-06-12, 15:42
I knew there was a way to spawn explosions! Can someone explain how to do that?

rcon debug vehicles enables vehicle debugging, like you see HP and stuff. That's the most of it :-P

Ason
2015-06-12, 16:48
thanks guys!:)

Acemantura
2015-07-15, 00:19
I thought I might place it here because this is what comes up when I get lazy and Google.

rcon spawner deployable_firebase_sp

Fully built FOB :)

DC_K
2015-07-15, 00:31
I thought I might place it here because this is what comes up when I get lazy and Google.

rcon spawner deployable_firebase_sp

Fully built FOB :)

VapoMan;1555897']
To spawn a deployable firebase the command would be:
rcon spawner deployable_firebaseIf you want to spawn a pre built deployable just put _sp on the end of the name. You can only spawn deployables for the teams on the map.

first post >.>
:D

Cavazos
2015-08-10, 07:40
Any way you can spawn a bot or modify a co-op bot to stand still and do nothing?

rPoXoTauJIo
2015-08-10, 07:47
None.
Use friends for standing still(although they might be worse than bots).

Arab
2015-10-21, 04:04
maplist.list also works on co-op maps and local selected maps too, not just maplist.con

Stalker[SpecOps]
2015-11-14, 04:36
FYI,

When PR was made into a standalone application, the folder that contains the vehicle contents was moved to:

c:\Program Files (x86)/Project Reality/Project Reality BF2 /modes/pr/content

This rcon is a sweet command, especially when you want to learn how to fly, or use some of the special kits.

Onil
2015-11-14, 15:23
Cavazos;2090402']Any way you can spawn a bot or modify a co-op bot to stand still and do nothing?

It's possible. You can tweak the AI settings to make them not follow CO/SL Orders and you can tweak how easy bots spot you and how aggressive they are against you.

So it should be possible for you to make them all stand still where they spawn and not move even when they see you.

Stalker[SpecOps]
2015-11-14, 16:12
Does anyone know if there is a rcon command to deploy a supply crate?

Mineral
2015-11-14, 16:35
rcon spawner fixed_supply_crate_X

with X being the faction (us,ch,cf,fsa,mil,...)

(\objects\common\supply)

Stalker[SpecOps]
2015-11-14, 18:10
Mineral;2106460']rcon spawner fixed_supply_crate_X

with X being the faction (us,ch,cf,fsa,mil,...)

(\objects\common\supply)

Awesome! Thanks!

ZektorSK
2015-11-18, 15:07
Well,its not working,I type "rcon spawner usa_sniper" and nothing happens

rPoXoTauJIo
2015-11-18, 15:21
Did you enabled debug before doing anything?

[FED]Mad
2015-11-26, 11:36
Quick question and it has been asked but not answered in this thread, is it possible to give only admins on a lan or coop server rcon debug? The enabling for all kinda ruins the fun sometimes.

rPoXoTauJIo
2015-11-26, 11:55
At this moment - no.

Heavy Death
2017-02-13, 07:17
Tobi asked on discord on my behalf, but I'll still ask here to spare possible trouble.

The camera kit (either spawned via gpo spawner, rcon camera or rcon spawner pickup_camera) cannot be used by any faction, except if onefaction is enabled, but I'd need it for an event, so kits must be locked. Is there any other way, or could you please make it useable with all factions?

While we are at the camera kit, it could do with an empty weapon, to remove the zoom instantly without the need to cycle through the levels.

And the press_kit is obsolete and defunct, can be deleted.

tankninja1
2017-03-04, 17:37
Well,its not working,I type "rcon spawner usa_sniper" and nothing happens

I just tried this and prbot and they didn't work. It kept giving some error about an invalid login. The ready to spawn and vehicle debug commands worked fine though.

DogACTUAL
2017-08-31, 21:11
Can't spawn in argentine kits,only their vehicles. Does someone have a list of all the falklands kit and vehicles commands for both gb and arg?

T.E.D.F4257845
2017-08-31, 22:21
Can't spawn in argentine kits,only their vehicles. Does someone have a list of all the falklands kit and vehicles commands for both gb and arg?

the kits are arg82_xxx and gb82_xxx . Names are same as for other faction kits

DogACTUAL
2017-08-31, 23:14
Thank you. Any asset list?

CAS_ual_TY
2017-08-31, 23:42

/<pr folder>/mods/pr/content/objects_vehicles_server.zip/vehicles/

here is your list

Arab
2017-09-01, 03:14

Assets are set in the levels gameplayobjects.con. You could spawn things like deployables on any map since they are always pre-spawned, but spawning a vehicle that's not in it's gameplay objects list will crash.

DogACTUAL
2017-09-02, 02:02
Thanks again to you both. Do you know the difference between 'fixed' deployables and normal ones?

Example: rcon spawner fixed_firebase vs rcon spawner deployable_firebase_sp

From what i can see you can't spawn on the former but can spawn on the latter one.
And the former can be collapsed if it is being damaged, bot no amount of damage will destroy/remove its base after it collapsed.

So what's the purpose of the 'fixed' deployables exactly?

A previous poster in this thread also found these commands:

deployable_pillbox
deployable_bunker
fixed_50cal_tripod
fixed_bunker
fixed_carrier
fixed_firebase
fixed_insurgent_hideout

I tried spawning in the bunker on falklands but it crashed the server. Would really like to know what these commands do exactly.

sweedensniiperr
2017-09-02, 18:11
the fixed one spawns the deployable in fully built state. But yes you can still spawn on them. The "fixed" one doesn't have a map icon though(the green triangle)

the bunker i think is the old firebase(the one on WW2) and since it's not used on falklands it crashes.
I think the same thing is the case with the pillbox.

DogACTUAL
2017-09-03, 00:12
rcon spawner deployable_firebase_sp also spawns it fully built. That's what the 'sp' addendum is for.
But what exatly is the difference supposed to be between both firebases?

sweedensniiperr
2017-09-03, 11:02
Iirc it works likea real fob, meaning you can deploy assets properly from it. The fixed not having those properties. Or there's no major difference, im not 100%.

PeppeJ
2017-09-03, 11:18
Aren't the fixed_ ones unbreakable?

sweedensniiperr
2017-09-03, 11:40
No they can be destroyed

DogACTUAL
2017-09-03, 19:32
No they can be destroyedWrong. I tested it, they can be collapsed by explosives like regular emplacements, but no amount of explosives will remove their 'base', it will remain indefinitely.

Now my question is, what is their purpose?

sweedensniiperr
2017-09-03, 20:39
Well that's what I meant of course

duh;)

SucharMistrz
2017-09-03, 21:49
Wrong. I tested it, they can be collapsed by explosives like regular emplacements, but no amount of explosives will remove their 'base', it will remain indefinitely.

Now my question is, what is their purpose?

One of these ones was here on Vadso, it is no longer there I guess

http://i.imgur.com/Rfzy6nI.png

DogACTUAL
2017-09-05, 14:57
So i guess they are used for when there is to be a fixed spawn point that can be disabled but not removed completely and can also be rebuild indefinitely. Or those preplaced AA emplacements on falklands near GB main that can be shoveled up. Falklands seems to have quite a few of these, i guess the CLOS missile emplacements and 20mm AA guns are of a similar nature.

WeeGeez
2019-01-19, 19:10
https://i.ibb.co/jvhrbCL/Pasted-Image.png (https://ibb.co/yn0Qdz8)

I have done the following and get the above image result.
enabled said option in global options
loaded a map in coop
typed rcon debug in chat
typed rcon prbot (and rcon camera) in chat.

Neither work.

What am i doing wrong?

Edit: nvm firgured it out, you have to walk forward and press enter

Arab
2019-01-23, 02:43
https://i.ibb.co/jvhrbCL/Pasted-Image.png (https://ibb.co/yn0Qdz8)

I have done the following and get the above image result.
enabled said option in global options
loaded a map in coop
typed rcon debug in chat
typed rcon prbot (and rcon camera) in chat.

Neither work.

What am i doing wrong?

Edit: nvm firgured it out, you have to walk forward and press enter

As far as I know for the prbots, there's only prbot3 and prbot4 since the other 2 may be inactive in the game.

prbot3: Quick, has flares, has no GUI camera weapon and can shoot a camera attached to a projectile which follows until it lands (and can switch camera views with C while it's fired).

prbot4: Slow, but has 6 projectiles from Single Fire, Auto Fire, Grenade, APC, Artillery and Napalms with Black and White thermal vision.

sweedensniiperr
2019-01-23, 08:33
no they are there but invisible. you go forward a bit and enter the vehicle