PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have expirience unlocking bios'?

puckett
2010-11-29, 03:29
Hey, I'm coming into posession of a Gateway DX4840-11c from Future Shop within the next couple weeks. I'm just wondering if anybody has expirience unlocking OEM bios'. I want to overclock the systems i3-550. Appearently they are great for overclocking. If someone could help me do that, it'd be great.

Wraith
2010-11-29, 12:15
Find out who made the MOBO and flash it with a newer version, presto unlocko. As for OC, if you want to be an idiot do it on your own time. I honestly don't think any one here wants your mom and dad coming on the forums complaining that you bricked a system.

Translate Post Above:
I have no clue what I'm doing, some one else tell me so I can blame you when it bricks...

puckett
2010-11-30, 00:07
Find out who made the MOBO and flash it with a newer version, presto unlocko. As for OC, if you want to be an idiot do it on your own time. I honestly don't think any one here wants your mom and dad coming on the forums complaining that you bricked a system.

Translate Post Above:
I have no clue what I'm doing, some one else tell me so I can blame you when it bricks...

You're a bloody idiot. I do know how to overclock, I do know how to flash, and no, flashing it to a newer version of the bios does not work as they would not unlock the hidden features with an update. Not to forget, I do not care if it bricks, the chip is socketed... Besides, the shitty oem only costed $599 cad on a sale. Also, try not to sound so full of yourself. I was requesting someone instruct me on editing the American megatrends BIOS, Not criticise my intentions and call me a ideas guy. FYI overclocking is not being an idiot.

SnipingCoward
2010-11-30, 01:02
flashing it to a newer version of the bios does not work as they would not unlock the hidden features with an update
It obviously would depend on where you are getting the firmware from. It is very likely to get a full-fledge firmware from the mainboards manufacturer. The Future Shop Firmwares will probably all have the features locked.
So the key is to find the mobo company. They might even have the firmware customization tool (sometimes masked as boot logo changer) as free download which would definitly enable you to customize it yourself... which of course would mean simply allowing all settings.

puckett
2010-11-30, 02:02
SnipingCoward;1500890']It obviously would depend on where you are getting the firmware from. It is very likely to get a full-fledge firmware from the mainboards manufacturer. The Future Shop Firmwares will probably all have the features locked.
So the key is to find the mobo company. They might even have the firmware customization tool (sometimes masked as boot logo changer) as free download which would definitly enable you to customize it yourself... which of course would mean simply allowing all settings.

Eh yeah, I thought he meant firmware updates from the OEM.

SocketMan
2010-12-24, 03:07
An overclocking software like setfsb would probably work better then getting anything out of the BIOS.