PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle's Windshields are Bullet Proof

Bluedrake42
2010-11-12, 17:13
I understand ones like Humvee's and maaaybe the logistics trucks, but like... gary and big red? and a bunch of the other smaller vehicles, can we remove those windshields entirely? I hate not being able to shoot gary in the face when he's coming at me. same with logistics trucks. This would help stop a lot of the rediculous "roadkill rides" that happen (especially on docks at muttrah city)

ytman
2010-11-12, 17:31
They are penetratable. I believe they do reduced damage though, so unless its a .50 cal or higher round you wont be able to kill the driver in one hit.

Spec
2010-11-12, 17:37
Some can be penetrated, I'm pretty sure.

Rissien
2010-11-12, 20:17
Ive shot people out of Gary with M16 just fine.

Tarranauha200
2010-11-12, 20:38
You can shoot driver inside gary, you just need to aim bit lower than the head.

Offtopic*They should make cars and techies bullet penetrable*Offtopic

Bluedrake42
2010-11-12, 21:47
oh really? I've never seen that, I'll have to test it out, I know you can shoot them out from the side windows but I've never been able to get them from the front

mosinmatt
2010-11-14, 01:56
You can shoot driver inside gary, you just need to aim bit lower than the head.

As much as I would hate that...I agree. Bullets will easily go through a clown car, and take whoever is in it with them.
The clown cars are still very useful though. Improvised technical, tank, or a decoy.

Bluedrake42
2010-11-14, 13:48
As much as I would hate that...I agree. Bullets will easily go through a clown car, and take whoever is in it with them.
The clown cars are still very useful though. Improvised technical, tank, or a decoy.

thats actually a good point, they should do that, how far would it penetrate you think? you think it would go all the way through the engine or just the doors and stuff?

Shovel
2010-11-14, 22:35

IIRC, they would be able to do that by changing the material of the doors.

ramster8
2010-11-23, 15:07
A bullet should be able to make it through everywhere except the engine with a rifle so I don't think a pistol should go through door,ect(on civilian cars and trucks) I don't know about military vehicles though.

arisaka99
2010-11-23, 15:15
A bullet should be able to make it through everywhere except the engine with a rifle so I don't think a pistol should go through door,ect(on civilian cars and trucks) I don't know about military vehicles though.

A pistol would easily go through a door on a civilian vehicle. A pellet from a high powered pellet gun would go through the door of a civilian vehicle. I'm sick of logi trucks being lightly armored too, it's really annoying considering that they are definately a "soft" vehicle.

ramster8
2010-11-23, 15:20
Yeah you might be right about the pistol :thumbsup:(I don't have much experience with gun penetration)

Swado95
2010-11-23, 22:56
Ya the bullet proof windows can be annoying some times.

Story: I was an INS and i was running out to a crow HMV and he didnt see me and i was so proud, so i popes up point blank with an ak and shot a whole clip in the gunners seat, instead he just switches seats and drives off.

I really think then need to change some of the guns penitentiary power. Mostly in Civilian vehicles.

chrisweb89
2010-11-25, 21:36
I think some vehicles have glass that is resistant to anything but a 50 cal(humvee), while most other vehicles can still be one shotted through if its a head shot and close in(200m), the round may do reduced damage but i have had multiple times where I have one shotted logi drivers through the front pane of glass.

BenHamish
2010-12-02, 15:32
The UK forces' .50 land rover needs looking at, I crept up on one the other night, and Took aim at the gunner from point blank, shooting at his legs/torso. The bullet 'pinged' off as if the [open] side had armour plating.

The Land Rover drove off, but I managed to shoot him anyway.

Just to make it clear then, which vehicles are bulletproof and which are not?

Pvt.LHeureux
2010-12-09, 04:28
Humvee windshield or side windows can be penetrated by .50, like the techie one's.

Herbiie
2010-12-09, 07:07
The UK forces' .50 land rover needs looking at,

No it needs burning & destroying, every model of it deleted & the hard drives smashed up so that we get Jackals & Mastiffs instead.

Total_Overkill
2010-12-09, 08:21
*raises hand*

Umm, isnt the only land vehicle with bulletproof windows, in-game, the Crow-humvee?
Everything can have its driver shot out by assault rifles, crow needs a .50, although the entire vehicle is usually destroyed faster >.<

Doc.Pock
2010-12-09, 16:15
i belive that is true. :)

Astromici
2011-01-01, 01:32
(Off topic)
I know the hitbox for the .50 gunner in the technical is only on the head. You can blast his body with whatever you want, but only shots to the head or explosives damage will kill him.

Click
2011-01-01, 02:16
The windshields are penetrable as I have played with my squad and we have all fired at an on coming hummer and we have taken it down and the same with other vehicles.

Doc.Pock
2011-01-01, 14:37
pistol should go thru the door but it wouldnt kill u iirc but rifle.... ....definetly.

karambaitos
2011-01-01, 15:20
the G-wagon has impenetrable windows which is funny

BenHamish
2011-01-01, 15:27
It is frustrating that light vehicles can be used as battering rams to kill Infantry. The logi trucks seem invulnerable to fire, to the point where people don't even bother shooting at them.

Lord Jesus
2011-02-10, 08:16
I just played a few minutes ago, playing as a insurgent armed with the rifleman kit that only has frag grenades, so I snuck up to a Crow Humvee. Ran around to the left passenger side and faced the side window where the Crow operator was sitting, emptied a whole magazine into the window at point blank range and the 7.62x39mm rounds did not penetrate.

However, I have killed Humvee drivers before when aiming and firing while facing the front of the vehicle. It should be noted that the side windows are bullet proof. I don't believe this is realistic, if the developers could correct this. It would improve the game even more.

tntkid22
2011-02-10, 10:04
IIRC Gary, Big Red, and techies are penetrable...ive gotten shot and ive shot people out of them before...and all the time.

^.^

badmojo420
2011-02-10, 16:35
The other day, I saw a guy was hiding behind a civi car, looking through the side windows. I had a SVD, so I took careful aim at his head behind the two windows, waited for deviation to settle, fired, and nothing happened. He kept looking around for me, so I kept firing and firing.......nothing.

Lord Jesus
2011-02-10, 19:55
The other day, I saw a guy was hiding behind a civi car, looking through the side windows. I had a SVD, so I took careful aim at his head behind the two windows, waited for deviation to settle, fired, and nothing happened. He kept looking around for me, so I kept firing and firing.......nothing.

Glad to know that even the side windows on the civilian vehicles are bullet proof. I think the side window bullet proof issue needs to be addressed in the next version.

tntkid22
2011-02-10, 22:23
I snuck up to a Crow Humvee. Ran around to the left passenger side and faced the side window where the Crow operator was sitting, emptied a whole magazine into the window at point blank range and the 7.62x39mm rounds did not penetrate. .

I did same thing on Kokan a few days ago. Aimed at crows gunner full clip of G3 into it nada.

BenHamish
2011-02-11, 13:55
CROW Hummers have bulletproof glass, boyos. :)

bloodthirsty_viking
2011-02-11, 23:08
Just so you know, Im sure EVERY single window on EVERY single vehicle is penetrable.

It just takes more then one shot.
I have killed peaple out of every dang car you can think of because i shot at the windows.

If they are using the car as a battering ram, Find a tree or a pole or something, And shoot at the driver.
You only need a few lucky shots, And if your whole squad shoots, You should be able to get him down pretty quick.

Now Going throw 2 windows, I dont think that works =P
But i don't think their is any vehicle in which bullets can not go through the windshield of.

I would never make it easier to shoot through windows, Or make bullets throw doors. Not becuase its not realistic, It is realistic for bullets to go through the cars and windows, But becuase of gameplay.
I think it would ruin gameplay to get killed by a random bullet Everytime you get shot at, I have been one shoted out of the logi truck before... Hell i have a video of it.

Ford_Jam
2011-02-11, 23:29
Just so you know, Im sure EVERY single window on EVERY single vehicle is penetrable.

Nope, CROWS humvee is bullet proof, and Gary is generally resistant to small arms although it is very possible to kill the driver

Tarranauha200
2011-06-09, 20:54
Normal civilian cars should be made penetrable OR slowed down significally becoase it haves all that extra armor bolted to it that makes it bulletproof/highly bullet resistant.

Hotrod525
2011-06-13, 22:14
Yeah, i think we agree on 2 major thing; the first : Civi Car/Soft Skin Veh. should not be bullet resistant at all. The second : Only CROW realy have bullet proof windows.

Stealthgato
2011-06-15, 14:03
jADzkV8kW98&feature=related

ashton
2011-06-15, 14:45
The british supply truck's and ammo truck 's windows are penetrable. I put 3 rounds into a driver with an ak just fine.

Herbiie
2011-06-15, 15:41
Civvi Cars are penetrable, I shot a guy out of a civ car with a pistol not too long ago.

gazzthompson
2011-06-15, 16:31
jADzkV8kW98&feature=related

Your point? that glass is designed to take hits, thats why its there. Civi cars are not.

maniac1031
2011-06-15, 18:03
Your point? that glass is designed to take hits, thats why its there. Civi cars are not.

His point is that people said that the humvee didn't have bullet proof glass.

gazzthompson
2011-06-15, 18:26
Even so, thats not humvee glass.

maniac1031
2011-06-15, 18:45
Oh looked like it was it had a tan border around it.

Stealthgato
2011-06-15, 21:43

What is it?

paul161616
2011-06-26, 21:33
can pilots be shot out of helicopters with high caliber weapons?

karambaitos
2011-06-26, 22:22
^yeah, but only with 50.cals and up, i once spent an entire g3 mag in a huey pilots head point blank and he just flew off, and theres another thing with choppers that the bullets dont go through the sheet metal.

Stealthgato
2011-06-27, 01:24
Wrong, it's possible to kill Huey pilots with MG3 at least, and just about anything is capable of killing a Kiowa's pilot with enough luck.

Ddonegan
2011-06-27, 01:32
A logistics truck was about to run me over, I emptied a magazine of galil into the windshield. He died and the truck hit an incline and flipped on its side. It was pretty epic.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mikemonster
2011-06-28, 18:48
Wrong, it's possible to kill Huey pilots with MG3 at least, and just about anything is capable of killing a Kiowa's pilot with enough luck.

I once head-shotted the pilot of a Huey that landed in front of me (with a G3). Although for 5.56mm I swear the wind-screen is bulletproof but the side-window (triangular) is not.

jerkzilla
2011-07-03, 12:14

Don't think it's implausible. There was that documentary 3 years ago by that Pat Dollard guy, and it showed Marines fortifying the upper part of a building with Humvee doors and sandbags.

On topic: Garys, civi cars and technicals don't really have windshields. I've also been shot plenty of times out of clown cars from the side with 5.56.

Curry
2011-07-03, 12:40
I once head-shotted the pilot of a Huey that landed in front of me (with a G3). Although for 5.56mm I swear the wind-screen is bulletproof but the side-window (triangular) is not.

i killed a pilot on beirut though the side-window with a normal IDF rifle.

Mikemonster
2011-07-06, 15:25
So I think Huey has a bulletproof windscreen [windshield] against 5.56 and possibly the shorter 7.62mm AK rounds, but not against the 7.62x51 used by the man's gun, the G3.