PDA

View Full Version : Polish special forces GROM (Thunderbolt) capture top Taliban?

H2HSnake
2010-10-26, 09:57
"Troops from the First Special Commander Regiment (Lubliniec) have reportedly captured a local Taliban commander in the Ghazni district, south east Afghanistan who is on the US most wanted list.

The man, Mullah Dawood, is reportedly on the US 'hit list' of most wanted Taliban - or Joint Effects Priority List (JPEL) - and the Rzeczpospolita daily is describing his capture as Poland's biggest success during its mission in the war-torn country so far.

The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) command has honoured the commandoes for their services to the international operation, a source in Afghanistan told the paper.

No details of the capture of Mullah Dawood are given, however, though the paper writes that 80 percent of successful Polish operations in Afghanistan can be put down to activities by the Special Commander Force or officers from GROM, the Polish equivalent of the British SAS or US Green Berets.

The Mullah Dawood captured by Polish troops is apparently not the same local Taliban leader as the one Australian troops were claiming to have killed in August.

ABC News reported at the time that a Mullah Dawood was killed in Uruzgan province last month, in an operation involving Australian and Afghan national security forces.

Poland has over 2,500 troops currently stationed in Afghanistan."

Polish special forces capture top Taliban? - TheNews.pl :: News from Poland (http://www.thenews.pl/international/artykul142244_polish-special-forces-capture-top-taliban.html)

I say...
GREAT SUCCESS !!!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00445/news-graphics-2007-_445714a.jpg

We need Polish faction ASAP :D and some Taliban map so we can reenact this lol.

dtacs
2010-10-26, 11:11
Good on them, shows that no matter what the country a well trained unit can make great strides.

The only problem is, there is always going to be someone ready to take his place - unless ISAF can show that bad things will happen to those who do.

WilsonPL
2010-10-26, 11:44
The guys who captured Dawood are from 1st_Special_Commando_Regiment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Special_Commando_Regiment)

GeorgRavioli
2010-10-26, 13:07
Very Nice! Haha. Yeah that's good news. Unfortunately, if we do reenact this, it can't be with special forces most likely because PR is famous for promoting regulars. I'd really enjoy a map reenacting this though.

[RIP]-Chido312
2010-11-04, 07:41
to be honest when this all said and done Afghanistan will be torn into sepperate sectors like germany after WW2. then split in two russia controling one half and NATO controling the other lol. also idk if the war with russia and chechnia s still going on, if it is i would like to see russia vs the so called chech rebels.

GeorgRavioli
2010-11-04, 13:15
-Chido312;1482770']to be honest when this all said and done Afghanistan will be torn into sepperate sectors like germany after WW2. then split in two russia controling one half and NATO controling the other lol. also idk if the war with russia and chechnia s still going on, if it is i would like to see russia vs the so called chech rebels.

Dude we've had the situation you are describing since 0.85 or something. The Chechen Militia was just changed to 'Militia' and now use some american weapons. If you want a Chechnya map, play Kozelsk.

samogon100500
2010-11-04, 13:41
Dude we've had the situation you are describing since 0.85 or something. The Chechen Militia was just changed to 'Militia' and now use some american weapons. If you want a Chechnya map, play Kozelsk.

Actually Kozelsk not so looks like as Chechnya.

[RIP]-Chido312
2010-11-04, 19:02
oh. and sry i didnt read that topic about chech militia getting canceled till after i posted,

Nuc
2011-01-29, 11:27
Well, that would be neat, BUT:
GROM is being disbanded, they're creating another group in 6 months, training will take up to 2 years. Well, that was according to Polish news.

puckett
2011-01-29, 23:08
No! My favorite Taliban commander. /not being sarcastic.