PDA

View Full Version : Changelog Project Reality v0.957b Hotfix released to server admins

dbzao
2010-10-19, 06:47
We just released a server-side only hotfix to server admins that addresses a few issues found since release. We asked the servers that apply the hotfix to have 0.957b in their server name so you know which ones have been updated.

Here are the changes:

Removed HAT and LAT kit request for German Forces until client patch is released with permanent fix for CTD issue.
Removed HAT and LAT kit request for Russian Forces only in Silent Eagle so it's more fair.
Updated AAS and Insurgency so the teams have twice the amount of tickets at round start.
Attempted fix to UAV not being available in some maps (Asad Khal doesn't have UAV).
Fixed not being able to pick up Insurgent kits at Hamas main bases.
Increased tickets rewarded to coalition when destroying a cache in Insurgency from 25 to 30 tickets.
Removed some cleanup done at round end to see if it gets better results with servers and players crashing at round end.
Updated chat block during map briefing so you can type one message every 5 seconds, or you get blocked for 5 seconds.
Fixed bug with Russian MTLB Shturm gunner allowed to be one manned.
Fixed both MEC and Russian MTLB Shturm gunners not having correct 30 seconds start delay.
Added AAVP7 as kit request location for USMC.
Added Puma IFV as kit request location for German Forces.
Added Namer APC as kit request location for IDF.
Added MTLB as kit request location for MEC and Russia (but not the AA or AT variants).
Fixed Puma IFV variant with Spike AT missile launcher not having 30 seconds warm up time for the gunner.
Fixed issue with German Tornado jet not being enterable.
Updated MTLB Gopher AAV so it can be one manned, like the other AAVs.

We are working on a patch to address the German AT kits bug permanently and other issues that cannot be fixed server-side.

We ask the community to report any other issues (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26-pr-bf2-bugs) you may find, and also check this thread (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-bf2-general-discussion/89284-team-update-ctd-issues-chance-community-help.html) for ways you can help us find causes for other CTD issues.

Any release, especially a large one like 0.957, is bound to have bugs. Some can be easily caught, but some can slip the DEVs testing web for so many reasons. From plain old forgetting to change something, to a small typo, to a commit message not that descriptive, and many others.

An example is the German AT weapons crash, that requires such a specific set of conditions to be caught, that we obviously didn't get it during testing. And on top of that we can't reproduce it every time with the known conditions. Some times it happens, some times it doesn't. :roll:

About other gameplay issues, like the rounds ending too fast, we knew it could happen. But there was no way to predict how it would play out without actually putting it out there on a normal public game. And there you go, four days later we have a little server-side hotfix to balance things out.

Now, there are some other random issues happening, and these are the hardest ones to catch. We will try our best, and we only ask the community for patience and to remember that this mod is done from the good will of developers and volunteers, that are pushing the BF2 engine to places that were never thought possible ;)

dtacs
2010-10-19, 06:49
Good to see, especially the fast response to the problems.

Snippers
2010-10-19, 07:22
Very speedy!, Hurray for the developers, job well done! look forward to giving the double tickets a go!

Spartan0189
2010-10-19, 07:23
What dtacs said.
Cheers Developers :)

Some of the changes are pretty nice too.

Nagard
2010-10-19, 07:31
Faster than most of the commercial publishers/developers. Keep it up mates and thanks for the hotfix.

UberWazuSoldier
2010-10-19, 07:53
Good on you guys for finding those bugs so fast, I am impressed.

ytman
2010-10-19, 07:55
Thanks! With love <3

Mj Pain
2010-10-19, 07:59
Good job as always!!
Much appreciated.

HeXeY
2010-10-19, 08:01
And this is one of the reasons PR is awesome, you actually care what the players say :p

dbzao;1471005']

Updated MTLB Gopher AAV so it can be one manned, like the other AAVs.

Question regarding this though, is the Stormer AAV staying two manned? And are there any other two manned AAVs other than the Stormer? (it was two manned when I used it on Burning Sands at least...)

dbzao
2010-10-19, 08:09
The code tells me the Stormer can be one manned, so you should check again.

EnermaX
2010-10-19, 08:10
GJ, very fast, compared to other game-developers...

Pirate
2010-10-19, 08:12
Doubling the tickets in a flat way like that will be a bit too much I fear. I think you should double the amount of tickets lost for vehicles as well to even it out, infantry dieing is but one part of ticketloss and the amount of flags that get captures is fairly small I think.

MadTommy
2010-10-19, 08:15
dbzao;1471005'] Updated AAS and Insurgency so the teams have twice the amount of tickets at round start.)

:cry:

So back to rounds lasting for hours on end?

Edit: Seems a little extreme to simply double the tickets... all the rounds i've played have lasted well over an hour. Guess i'll never get to play a whole round.

Can't please everyone i guess. Just sucks to have other things that need doing other than playing pr.

joethepro36
2010-10-19, 08:30
Just as I suspected from pre-release that any problem would be fixed quickly. Exactly why people need to chill out when posting about any problems they have or (in particular) perceive.

MaxBooZe
2010-10-19, 08:46
I am happy with a bit longer rounds the tickets will bring but I hope not too long :D

Arnoldio
2010-10-19, 09:07
Ticket increase makes sense yes. I would suggest earlier but forums were closed for obvious reasons. It still affect how many people you lose but not so fast.

Big developers dont get patches out quickly because they are busy spending their money.

cyberzomby
2010-10-19, 09:24
I am happy with a bit longer rounds the tickets will bring but I hope not too long :D

Indeed! I liked the speedy rounds so I hope were not back at the long dragging rounds from before.

Like I said in the CTD thread its a shame you guys had a such a big release with so many bugs :(

RELEASE_THE_KRAKEN
2010-10-19, 09:25
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH fool

Infraction given for useless/unhelpful post - Jigsaw

Scheintot887
2010-10-19, 09:52

Edit: Seems a little extreme to simply double the tickets... all the rounds i've played have lasted well over an hour. Guess i'll never get to play a whole round.

Can't please everyone i guess. Just sucks to have other things that need doing other than playing pr.

PR is not bad Company.
Its a tactic game, not a easy shooter!
Sry but I dont know why you DL this mod if you hate something like that... I want to have good experience.... to have good fights... to build more then 1 FB... and and and...
and not "loaded the map, 5 mins play and now the next map!" - thats NOT PR... never was.

PR is a good game with LONG rounds! Hope we get it back with 700 Tickets. Good point. Happy about this Devs.

Engineer
2010-10-19, 09:55
Question regarding this though, is the Stormer AAV staying two manned? And are there any other two manned AAVs other than the Stormer? (it was two manned when I used it on Burning Sands at least...)

All of the AAV's have at least 2 seats, but the idea is to allow only one player to switch seats between driver/gunner positions. For the AA-vehicles this is a good thing.

Anyway, hopefully the update fixes the bugs some people are experiencing.

Sinbad
2010-10-19, 10:15
It wont be really long rounds agian it will be 2hour games maximum on the aas maps which it should be as under an hour was way too quick, plus blufor had no chance of wining insurgency as it was, i liked the 30 ticket loss on flags in theroy but in practice so far it hasnt made a differnce to tatics people are still rushing off leaving flags undefend leaving it to a few to hold.

MadTommy
2010-10-19, 10:27
PR is not bad Company.
Its a tactic game, not a easy shooter!
Sry but I dont know why you DL this mod if you hate something like that... I want to have good experience.... to have good fights... to build more then 1 FB... and and and...
and not "loaded the map, 5 mins play and now the next map!" - thats NOT PR... never was.

PR is a good game with LONG rounds! Hope we get it back with 700 Tickets. Good point. Happy about this Devs.

Well thank you for that.. I've been playing since 0.2. Who said i hated it. Don't be a jerk and try and twist my words. The only other games i play are Arma & some hardcore flying sims, so your reference to bad company is lost on me.. don't even know what it is.

All the rounds i have played so far have lasted well over an hour and i have not seen the end of a round yet, maybe i've been lucky or unlucky depending on your view. But i simply don't have the time to play a 2/3 hour round these days.

You might see PR as a game with LONG rounds.. but considering you have only been around for the last couple of version what would you know ;).

1 to 2 hours is a LONG round. There is no need for them to last any longer than 90min in my opinion, certainly not every round.

Gore
2010-10-19, 10:36
Hah this would have taken the big money grubbing corporate game developers months to release, lol maybe even as dlc for 5 dollars as it is nowadays. Thanks for the fast response, just take your time.

Kain888
2010-10-19, 10:36
Good job on quick fix and double tickets! :D

Silly_Savage
2010-10-19, 10:39
Well thank you for that.. I've been playing since 0.2. Who said i hated it. Don't be a jerk and try and twist my words. The only other games i play are Arma & some hardcore flying sims.

All the rounds i have played so far have lasted well over an hour and i have not seen the end of a round yet, maybe i've been lucky or unlucky depending on your view. But i simply don't have the time to play a 2/3 hour round these days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to have a go at you, but I find it odd that you say you don't have the time to play a two or three hour round of PR, and yet, you play ArmA, which is known for their lengthy missions. Maybe you play quick skirmish missions? I don't know, and to be honest, I don't really care. Am I the only one who finds this ironic?

Again, nothing personal, just something that piqued my curiosity.

Anyways, lets hope this patch can hold us over until all of the CTD issues have been found and ironed out.

sweedensniiperr
2010-10-19, 10:43
Nice about the ctd fix, but wasn't the whole point of ticket loss when wounded to have people be more careful?

Freddy Chickenbatter
2010-10-19, 10:47
The only irony I see is that you have time to talk about time :-D

Kain888
2010-10-19, 10:48
Nice about the ctd fix, but wasn't the whole point of ticket loss when wounded to have people be more careful?

They still have or they will lose.

jakob1493
2010-10-19, 10:54
thx devs for the quick reaction and for the quick hotfix! good job guys

MadTommy
2010-10-19, 10:57
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to have a go at you, but I find it odd that you say you don't have the time to play a two or three hour round of PR, and yet, you play ArmA, which is known for their lengthy missions. Maybe you play quick skirmish missions? I don't know, and to be honest, I don't really care. Am I the only one who finds this ironic?

Again, nothing personal, just something that piqued my curiosity.

Unfortunately for me.. all the games i play Arma, DCS Blackshark/A-10 & PR all take a long time to play.. I haven't booted up arma for over 4 weeks and havent played a proper mission in months due to not having the time... also in Arma i tend to play perpetual missions.. that rarely end.. so i can just dip in and out when needed.

I suspect it's time i gave up trying, too old to be spending all night playing games anyway.

The only irony I see is that you have time to talk about time :-D

Nothing like a good days work ;)

DenvH
2010-10-19, 11:23
2 hours is nothing .. I played 4 hour matches on the tournament, only happens when it's nicely balanced and you got 2 teams that both play as a team. Have to say that 4 hours is a lot for a pub game, but the round time we previously had was just about enough to cap both bunkers on Kashan so I'm happy with this. Tried the b patch today however, and I believe the server crashed after destroying a few cashes on Basrah but I'm not sure if that's due to problems with the patch or the server..

psychickactivity
2010-10-19, 11:24
Excellent , like all the time , you work like professionnal .
Thanks

cyberzomby
2010-10-19, 11:34
Agree with Tommy. Theres ALL these nice maps and typically on an evening you only play 2 of those... With servers neglecting to switch map rotations per evening you play the same set of maps for the entire week until they switch it around because the rounds all last so long.

I also think its very shortsighted to call pr a good tactical shooter just because the rounds last 3 hours. If thats a comparison I'd just increase the score limit on my COD game so it will last 3 hours and BOOM! Tactical shooter! You can hace awesome tactical games that last only 1 hour.

I enjoyed burning sands. I was afraid it would feel like Kashan where your in the same stalemate on most public games for over 3 hours. But with the new ticket system you could do 3 tank assaults and right at the moment where the game was beginning to feel boring and you could feel the stalemate the round ended. Whats wrong with that? Its the perfect time! No one gets bored, you can do some nice assaults or fend of some nice assaults and right before the game "collapses" its over :) Win win right?

oh btw: I'm just getting in the discussion here. Not saying that this new hotfix has ruined PR ;)

Smiddey723
2010-10-19, 11:52
greta to see the devs getting on top of the issues this early on

Web_cole
2010-10-19, 12:00
Yay for more tickets and speedy hotfix! <3

kaufman_23
2010-10-19, 12:09
that was quick. nice job on doubling the ticket count. the rounds were realy too short

karambaitos
2010-10-19, 12:26
OMG yes thank you for fixing the ticket system
EDIT: also my performance increased significantly now i can play with high textures again awesome

Tim270
2010-10-19, 12:29

Take into account that you still lose 30 tickets for a flag lost, 12 when a whole squad dies and gives up. So I dont think even with this high tickets it will last as long as the previous version.

Just going to have to see how it plays out though ;)

Jujubasss
2010-10-19, 12:57
fast response from you guys always make us
very happy

thx

Gosu-Rizzle
2010-10-19, 13:14
Good job guys, nice fast response.
I dont see why you havent doubled the ticket cost for vehicles lost though.. That is imo needed to balance it with infantry, and to prevent the rounds from getting too long.

Oh well, ill expect that in the next patch :)

takeittwice
2010-10-19, 13:21
Same for me. Thanks, DEVS :D

Spec
2010-10-19, 13:27
An instant fix, as expected. There was no need to panic, everyone.

I thank you alot for this instant response to the problems we had, Devs!

WhatMan
2010-10-19, 13:55
EXCELLENT WORK DEVS :D

Arnoldio
2010-10-19, 14:12

Its really a win-win situation.

THey will lenghten the rounds to previous state, BUT, if both teams rush endlesly, it should end normally in 2 hours or less with teams being really close in tix, on the other side, with one team being dominant and not dying, they will gain substantial advantage over other team. Round should still end in 2 hour timeframe.

4h rounds would only appear if both team played extra, but i mean extra carefully as in very low casualities on both sides and supressing fire only, wich is sadly not possible in pr because everybody has balls the size of Gary.

Furst
2010-10-19, 14:49
good to see a hotfix! im very glad about that. i did not have the chance to test it yet, but i hope it will deal with and improve the most important issues (Ticket amount and CTDs).

offtopic:

With servers neglecting to switch map rotations per evening you play the same set of maps for the entire week until they switch it around because the rounds all last so long.

I also think its very shortsighted to call pr a good tactical shooter just because the rounds last 3 hours. If thats a comparison I'd just increase the score limit on my COD game so it will last 3 hours and BOOM! Tactical shooter! You can hace awesome tactical games that last only 1 hour.

- map wishes are welcome on many servers, unless there are ignorant administrators not listening or asking the people.

- its not only about rounds being long, its about rounds being long enough. having the possiblity to use and explore the maps potential and opportunities to create great rounds with a hell of tactics, strategies and teamwork. short rounds mean for many many people that this is restricted and they cant expect to play the game as intended since years. 4 hours is only the maximum, the usual round lasts between 1 and 2 hours, we all know that.

why having 4x4km maps without ever using the whole scope? why being able to build 6 FOBs to strenghten the teams ability for coordination, moving and reinforcements? why having Artillery or JDAMs when you almost never get into a situation, that you can use it, because it may be available? only examples, there are a lot more ones. but i guess this aint the time and place for stuff like such as, also since everyone has its own expectations.

kalboune1
2010-10-19, 15:09
good to hear
thank you very much you guys are the best
and take as much time you can
thanks again :D

cyberzomby
2010-10-19, 15:12
Furst, you know as well as I do that those things rarely happen. Plus, thanks to flag placement and no go zones you rarely need the entire map. Theres hotzones where you always end up fighting :) I can see what your saying and I somewhat agree with it. But those examples are stuff that happens in TG and tournament or organised games.

Furst
2010-10-19, 15:29
But those examples are stuff that happens in TG and tournament or organised games.

dont get me wrong please, im not writing to annoy you or sth. :)

those things dont happen rarely for me. it happens like almost every round on the servers that i play on. in addition people often have to realize that they can use it, they seem to forget it pretty frequently!

join some fights on Coffeeshop or GIS+ Combat Zone (after the celebration time of 0.957, because actually id say its hard to find sorted rounds, since most people will check new things and test new features for at least one more week increasingly). ill prove you that its possible on those too :D !

edit: id say we stop this little discussion within this thread, since its not intended for stuff like we talk about right now :) (fear the red letters!)

cyberzomby
2010-10-19, 15:59
Sorry if I came over harsh :) That was not my intention. I was just having fun in the discussion. Your right we should stop. And I should check out those servers ^-^

HairyFence
2010-10-19, 16:07
Any news of a fix for the server side lag/rubberbaning and player "connection lost" warnings that come up every few seconds that has become prevalent in this release that was not around in last release?

ma21212
2010-10-19, 16:14
kinda ot but i thought the new mi-8 was gonna be added ?
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196-pr-highlights/76128-mil-mi-8-hip-transport-helicopter.html

nicoX
2010-10-19, 16:41
Round take too long now.

Rhino
2010-10-19, 16:42
kinda ot but i thought the new mi-8 was gonna be added ?
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196-pr-highlights/76128-mil-mi-8-hip-transport-helicopter.html

did it say anywhere it would be in 0.95? You really shouldn't presume stuff just based on a few renders being posted.

ma21212
2010-10-19, 16:45
Rhino;1471384']did it say anywhere it would be in 0.95? You really shouldn't presume stuff just based on a few renders being posted.

well....kinda assumed it would be, but are we gonna see it eventually?

Rhino
2010-10-19, 16:53
As Stigger said in that topic you linked to:
Hey everybody, Latest work in progress on a new mil mi-8 'hip' transport helicopter for PR1 and future versions of the mod.

ie, PR:BF2, but he said nothing about when as it dose take time to get a asset ingame epically when having to optimize it for BF2 as it was made in high poly so its future proof.

Nebsif
2010-10-19, 17:02
That was fast :D Now that MTLB AA is easier to use i'll test it again to be sure if missiles are ok or not.
BTW.. could u guys change driver's camera from commander to driver on panther APC? The turret is so huge that u can barely see the hull and where the APC is facing, its the most unpleasant vehicle to drive in PR (imo ofc).

Nemper
2010-10-19, 17:32
Double tickets is a great thing, love long rounds :)

ZephyrDark
2010-10-19, 17:47
That was fast :D Now that MTLB AA is easier to use i'll test it again to be sure if missiles are ok or not.
BTW.. could u guys change driver's camera from commander to driver on panther APC? The turret is so huge that u can barely see the hull and where the APC is facing, its the most unpleasant vehicle to drive in PR (imo ofc).

I'd have to agree with you when driving the Puma. I personally feel that all APCs should get driver views like tanks as well as commander views. But thats for when the suggestions forum is open again ;)

AquaticPenguin
2010-10-19, 17:53

It does make it difficult to see landmines when you go over a ridgeline, and it's quite hard to get over narrow bridges on Lashkar too. Other than that it is one sexy beast.

Double tickets is a great thing, love long rounds :)

I've just had a couple of fantastic rounds, they didn't drag on too long and there's was a nice level of teamwork for public games. I'd say the round length is about right :)

Veterans-Gaming
2010-10-19, 18:13
What about COOP? Anything on the Horizon to address our issues?

Nakata
2010-10-19, 19:00
Twice the number of tickets will come back the last play style..
The new system is realistic but the rounds end too fast.
So i think is better +50% of tickets...

30min match will be 45 min...
1hour will be 1:30...

Hotrod525
2010-10-19, 20:33
Like I said in the CTD thread its a shame you guys had a such a big release with so many bugs :(

I just hate that kind of attitude. There is no way the dev can fix those issue without having a FULL scale release. There is no way they can fix everything only with beta testing. Its impossible. Is the same as civilian that said that kit is good for operation, and then you got the military who over use it in all direction, that said no, you have to fix this, this, this and this... Its normal.

HeXeY
2010-10-19, 21:30
dbzao;1471059']The code tells me the Stormer can be one manned, so you should check again.

I seem to have misunderstood, thought all the other AAVs had one seat, and therefore was one manned, not that you could one man them even though they had two seats, don't use them too often ^^,
So yeah, uhm... I'm just gonna leave now :roll:

Furst
2010-10-20, 01:53
incredible, ive been testing and playing intensive with many mates for hours now and i really gotta say, this is almost perfect! with the hotfix now this game really tries to push it to the maximum!

exhausting and super intensive rounds with a fantastic amount of possibilities and features!

ive got to admit that doubling the ticket amount did not work that good on some maps, but on the most. my impression for the first day of testing it.

some insurgency maps, depending on the difficulcy for the coalition troops, may receive a smaller amount of tickets. otherwise it may be truly impossible (except by timeout) for the insurgents to win a round. examples for this are Basrah and Karbala.

Lashkar, Kokan or Korengal are still pretty rough for the coalition troops, and therefore the ticket amount may quite fit!

AAS maps (usually) got the "option" of making the enemy bleeding out, so there i dont see any exceeding problems with the ticket amounts, except that some public players may tend to waste assets since the cost may not be that recognizable. but this is also depending on server administration and many other criteria!

BloodAce
2010-10-20, 01:54
The huge amount of tickets doesn't make rounds better and more tactical. Yes they are longer but do players really like to spent 2-3 hours on 1 map? I don't think so.

The amount of tickets should be only a little bigger then it was originally just to be able to play an hour or 1,5 hours of balanced and tough battle and if you couldn't take all enemy flags by that time because you run out of tickets then well try better next time :)

Yes i know the problem with right ticket number is more complicated because it also depends on players, their game style and many other factors which decides how long the game can be played not just tickets but IMO twice as many is way too many.

Just my 2 cents.

Trooper909
2010-10-20, 02:02
Good changes I guess and very fast for what little iv seen rounds were very short.

Didnt see anything about the strange lag that everyone is getting tho.

Furst
2010-10-20, 02:15
Yes i know the problem with right ticket number is more complicated because it also depends on players, their game style and many other factors

full acknowledgement!

Absolute Killer
2010-10-20, 02:58
thanks a lot devs, great job with the quick response to some of these fixes!

Spec
2010-10-20, 03:06
do players really like to spent 2-3 hours on 1 map?

I like to have the option to. I can leave earlier - on a full server, my slot will be filled within minutes. Only the commander and other high priority players would need to stay for the whole round - though even that does not have to be the case. If the commander gives one of the squad leaders a briefing about his plan, that squad leader should be able to take over, basically be "promoted". His most experienced squad member would then lead his squad, and a new one can join as a grunt.

In a perfect world, that is.

Anyway, as for rounds I prefer longer rounds over shorter ones. Two hours is my favorite round time, I'd say. That's about one 'gaming session' for me.

theflidgeface
2010-10-20, 03:10
Thank you for twice the tickets now rounds can be more epic :)
I knew you guys would release a hotfix sooner or later

Shovel
2010-10-20, 03:24
wow! you guys are faster than EA/DICE with MoH and its online problems

lromero
2010-10-20, 05:02
Idk if you should've doubled it but a 25% increase on tickets would've been good. Cause players were eventually gonna realize they can't get downed too often or they would lose the round quickly. Which would mean they would be more carefull when getting shot at making it more realistic. The players would've been forced to adapt or lose every round to the team who doesn't rush and plans attacks better and who knows when to retreat. This would also make firefight distances and lenght increase bc players would want to engage at longer ranges rather than move in 100 meters from the enemy to engage in a quick firefight that could lose them 12 tickets. Combat in PR could change if you keep it the way it was. Why do pubs in PR work together?, bc they know that they can't survive alone. The same concept would apply to this change.

Zach1923
2010-10-20, 05:03
dbzao;1471005']
Added AAVP7 as kit request location for USMC.
Added Puma IFV as kit request location for German Forces.
Added Namer APC as kit request location for IDF.
Added MTLB as kit request location for MEC and Russia (but not the AA or AT variants).

What does as kit request location mean? You can request a kit from the APC when outside of it?

Nebsif
2010-10-20, 05:50
meh.. played a Dragon Fly round yesterday that lasted around 2.5 hrs.. felt like I wasted my day on it. =(
Like other dudes said.. every map needs its own ticket increase.. 100% increase on some maps can lead to impossible to win and very very frustrating rounds.

HeXeY
2010-10-20, 09:10
What does as kit request location mean? You can request a kit from the APC when outside of it?

Yes ;)

7chars -.-

Booyak
2010-10-20, 12:13
The longer rounds are great, had a good time on kokan yesterday the match lasted for like 2:30 hours (I guess). It was fun, much better than before the hotfix.

burghUK
2010-10-20, 15:38
in my own opinion id like to see the ticket number halved again for insurgency. Yesterday on the TG server for example we play fallujah for 1 hour 45 mins and it got overwhelmingly dull and the admin changed to the next map.

LITOralis.nMd
2010-10-20, 16:23
Doubling tickets converts Iron Eagle from a map with great potential toa great map realizing it's intricacies.

And big thanks for for fixing the Hamas and Insurgent Dragunov sniper rifle kit issue, I was having withdrawals shakes.

Doubling tickets on Kokan is going to be epic... the world needs a 24/7 Kokan server alongside the 24/7 Muttrah.

The turn around time for this patch is fantastic... you put the Creative Assembly/Sega dev teams to shame.

Cheers, Big Ups!

goguapsy
2010-10-20, 16:34
^As spec said. It really depends on the player (I saw people saying the exact opposite of you, BloodAce, as they wanted longer rounds to use strategies better).

gazzthompson
2010-10-20, 16:41
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f257-v0-95-general-feedback/75614-pr-rounds-too-long-now.html

The community wants long rounds.

karambaitos
2010-10-20, 16:54
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f257-v0-95-general-feedback/75614-pr-rounds-too-long-now.html

if you want short rounds go play COD or w/e PR is not as fun with short rounds

nater
2010-10-20, 16:55

Agreed, long rounds are not a new thing in PR, and short rounds are just too damned short. (Pre patch I mean.)

Psyko
2010-10-20, 17:00
doesnt matter what you do guys, there will always be a bunch of people crying over trivial issues that are really their own problems. game time will be awesome. the skirmish rounds were longer than the AAS rounds, and the teamwork was woefull because of tards not taking things seriously.

Good work Jaymz and Db on negociating some very difficult bugs to find.

SnipeHunt
2010-10-20, 17:12
I enjoy the rounds being shorter. Any match stretched out wayyy to long before.

BloodAce
2010-10-20, 18:19
^As spec said. It really depends on the player (I saw people saying the exact opposite of you, BloodAce, as they wanted longer rounds to use strategies better).

Yes i know and i accept other opinions. Also I do like long rounds too :) But i think long round should a result of good strategies and tactics performed by both teams not only because of huge amount of tickets.

AppLeNaToR
2010-10-20, 18:27
The good thing on PR beeing "disconnected" from todays Statsworeship is that you can even leave during one of those long rounds if you have other things to do.

I really like the long matches and that you can leave anytime without the feeling of "losing" something.

EnermaX
2010-10-20, 18:34
800 Tickets on Iron Eagle? Man, this heavy. There you really need the 4 hours...

EDIT: But WAY better than before, keep going DEVs ;)

iAllex
2010-10-20, 18:47
Thank you for the fast Hotfix PR Team :) ... We wuv you ! :33_love: .

About the ticket aspect... now, it's like the old sistem, only a bit faster. If in the previous version you had 300 tickets on a map, with the new version you have 600 on the same map. In the previous update, if you died, you would of lost 1 ticket(out of 300), now you loose 2 tickets(out of 600) , basically it's the same thing(with the new ticket bleeding sistem). The difference is, that now, a player can loose more than that fixed number of 2 tickets if he goes into wounded state multiple times. Sooo... a rounds time in 0.957b is a bit faster than 0.917 but longer than 0.95.

samthegreat4
2010-10-20, 19:20

About the ticket aspect... now, it's like the old sistem, only a bit faster. If in the previous version you had 300 tickets on a map, with the new version you have 600 on the same map. In the previous update, if you died, you would of lost 1 ticket(out of 300), now you loose 2 tickets(out of 600) , basically it's the same thing(with the new ticket bleeding sistem). The difference is, that now, a player can loose more than that fixed number of 2 tickets if he goes into wounded state multiple times. Sooo... a rounds time in 0.957b is a bit faster than 0.917 but longer than 0.95.

Hell yeah, logical thinking is your best friend! :)

DeadSmile187
2010-10-20, 19:51
Hell yeah, logical thinking is your best friend! :)

Are you sure about that? :D

Good Work on the Serverside patch can play now for hours again xD

pfhatoa
2010-10-20, 19:55

You haven't accounted for tickets lost because of vehicles destroyed though.

lromero
2010-10-20, 21:06
I'm fine w/the change I just think you shouldve let the ticket system go on a little longer until people adjusted thaeir playstyle to the new system. The Rounds would stop ending so quickly eventually bc people would be more careful.

Tartantyco
2010-10-20, 22:47
I think I can say quite comfortably that the Blufor tickets in Insurgency mode are a little excessive with the latest increase.

joaocanada
2010-10-21, 01:47
What about that dumb BOT owned air units on co-op?

Scheintot887
2010-10-21, 05:19
Asad Khal and all Insurgency IRAQ MAPS <- (Fallujah, Karbala, Al Basrah etc.) need a little bit less tickets.
Maybe 450 or 500? But not 400. Its to less.
Because the Bluefor dont lose this rounds, to many tickets with good equiement. Thermal, zoom, better weapons etc..
Think about it.

But with 650 Tickets on Taliban Maps and AAS Maps... GREAT WORK! Long rounds, better situations and a lot of fun! The Community want long rounds, dont forget it! ;) (but not to long - 5 hours :P )

Booyak
2010-10-21, 09:00
Asad Khal and all Insurgency IRAQ MAPS <- (Fallujah, Karbala, Al Basrah etc.) need a little bit less tickets.
Maybe 450 or 500? But not 400. Its to less.
Because the Bluefor dont lose this rounds, to many tickets with good equiement. Thermal, zoom, better weapons etc..
Think about it.

Ive seen insurgents winning on those maps. Keep the tickets the way they are now.

Lange
2010-10-22, 22:51
Have to disagree with the ticket changes being doubled for all maps. Some rounds have some length issues now, for example was playing on on a server last like(can't remember name) and as the US on Fallujah we was at and hour and 30 minutes and STILL had 300 + tickets, I left after that as it was seriously dragging we only had 3 caches at that timeframe. Basically this tells me that unless Bluefor get caches fast the round can drag for well past a hour and past 2 hours and becomes stale. Plus now way harder for insurgents now as the bluefor has so many tickets and can just waste them aggressively and still not be penalized much so insurgency just goes on, with insurgents having to fight bluefor attacking caches for long periods of time with now seemingly unlimited resources. I personally liked the release concept of bluefor having less tickets and having to be more careful with death as it was much more realistic and made it so the bluefor team had to be either more tactical and conservative or they would loose quick. Now its just bluefor can basically sacrifice as much as they want and not worry about tickets with so many. Also can't forget they get 30 tickets now for caches with further adds to this.

Insurgency really needs a adjustment, I do agree with with 325 the 30-45 minute rounds were too quick and you couldn't even really get into them but now its too extreme in my opinion. I'd say maybe give the bluefor 100 more tickets which would slightly increase round time(upwards of a hour) and still encourage bluefor to be cautious of assets and life but not make it impossible like it was before. I'd say about 400-450 would be sufficent, giving the bluefor a fair amount to work with but making it so they do have to conserve losses. Plus rounds would not be as extreme as now. Basically insurgency is still hard for bluefor as a new concept, and they have to strategize and be careful of loss and death more than previous releases, but rounds wont be over so quick and have a little more breathing room

AAS doesn't seem so bad but as some points out can last upwards of 2 hours depending, so i'd maybe lower tickets as well, just a bit, but honestly haven't noticed as extreme problems as insurgency.

Really its a map by map basis and someone else quoted here so ill look at it that way:

Iraq ins maps: 425-450 tickets (425 for like Karbala, 450 for the difficult terrain maps like Kokan, Korengal, i'd say even Fallujah plus +30 back).

AAS, maps, Heavy asset maps low from 800 to 600's or 700's. Maps like Muttrah, Dragon Fly in the 500,s. Shorter AAS maps that had 200 tickets last release like Asad Khal, i'd go for in low 400's.

I donot know for sure this would fix things but I think would make the new changes with -1 wounded and promoting more careful gameplay would be more reasonably balanced with more tickets but not too many as basically with 650 now its making that change useless as its the same as before but COMPLETELY compensating for the 2 tickets for death now. So its mainly a happy medium, that makes rounds a bit longer but you still can't go about dying and loosing tickets carelessly. If there is a topic when the feedback forums are reopened I will post there as well.

I think I can say quite comfortably that the Blufor tickets in Insurgency mode are a little excessive with the latest increase.

Agreed

True as restated.

The huge amount of tickets doesn't make rounds better and more tactical. Yes they are longer but do players really like to spent 2-3 hours on 1 map? I don't think so.

The amount of tickets should be only a little bigger then it was originally just to be able to play an hour or 1,5 hours of balanced and tough battle and if you couldn't take all enemy flags by that time because you run out of tickets then well try better next time :)

Yes i know the problem with right ticket number is more complicated because it also depends on players, their game style and many other factors which decides how long the game can be played not just tickets but IMO twice as many is way too many.

Just my 2 cents.

Good point blood. That's how I also feel in my post.

Nakata
2010-10-23, 03:13
As i said double the tuckets is too much...

50% more will be ok

qs-racer
2010-10-23, 15:05
I finish a winning round on Fallujah as US with 599 tickets, i thinks it's a little too much :)

I dont like the new ticket system, the idea is good, but need some adjustement. I wait admin open a thread for that ;)

Potilas
2010-10-24, 18:19
Iraqis are screwed what becomes chance to win the round. I would say coalition wins about 9 of 10 matches against iraqis. Taleban vs coalition the win ratio is 50/50. The question is not about the tickets, its more about team assets. Taleban does not have to fight against MBT and they get much less IFV/APC to fight with. Take away MBT and half of IFV/APC:s from Iraq maps. I sure you the balance will be there. Dropping ticket count makes round end too early, pls dont do that.