PDA

View Full Version : Motorbikes harder to handle than aircraft

Imchicken1
2010-09-19, 05:12
Title explains it. I find that it took me longer to get used to driving motorbikes than it did to flying choppers and jets. Unless someone knows how to drive it properly, chances r they'll crash, like i see alot of the time on servers.

Just wondering if they'll ever get easier to drive. If not, maybe add them to more Co-op maps for people to practice?

PS. I saw 1 other thread on something like this, but its from last year. Assumed it was long enough ago

Dev1200
2010-09-19, 06:16
Mouse, stay on roads. Use A and D very minimally. Don't speed along. Go slowly.

It's quite easy :]

Imchicken1
2010-09-19, 06:23
Mouse, stay on roads. Use A and D very minimally. Don't speed along. Go slowly.

It's quite easy :]

lol, yeah. I find it quite easy myself, but the amount of people i see crashing or putting them into light poles is just annoying

Dev1200
2010-09-19, 06:41
lol, yeah. I find it quite easy myself, but the amount of people i see crashing or putting them into light poles is just annoying

Because W = Fast and Fast = Cool.

Silly pubbies.. oh so silly..

LithiumFox
2010-09-19, 07:45
problem comes with that the amount of speed you get just for it. honestly i feel like you should be able to drive a bike with wasd rather than the mouse. Problem with mouse is that on actual full server it's glitches a bit more than local. on local server bike works wonderfully. on internet server bike glitches. tis lame.

Tarranauha200
2010-09-19, 09:34
Driving bikes is art. You can even do cool stunts whit them(frontwheel up, slides, 360 etc...). They are good the way they are. If peoples cant drive them, simply dont take them.

PLODDITHANLEY
2010-09-19, 09:44
What happened to the CB750 - I thought that was in 0.9?

illidur
2010-09-19, 12:11
the control of the bike make it better than games dedicated to the dirtbike.... i do have 1 problem with it though. when you are going fast and turn right while pressing "S" it goes left.... you get used to it and i know why its doing it. but can it be fixed?

kalboune1
2010-09-19, 13:27
i kind of agree about the bikes
if there was the four wheels once the ATV would been cooler like in the bf2 special forces but i guess that just have a on seater

Dev1200
2010-09-19, 20:57
i kind of agree about the bikes
if there was the four wheels once the ATV would been cooler like in the bf2 special forces but i guess that just have a on seater

You could assume motorbikes would be more plentiful then ATVs

LithiumFox
2010-09-20, 02:57
Again, it's not the issue of the control of the bikes afaik.

The bikes are super easy to drive. Just not in a live server. In a locally created server the bike handles like a dream. I believe the real problem stems from jittery server lag, causing it to be a bit harder to drive than most people find comfortable. I know it's an art, i always ride the motorbike around town when i'm Offline, but the moment i go onto a server i never ever use the motorbike.

Try going on a local server. I can drive a motorbike PERFECTLY fine on there. The moment I go on a server, it's always shaking and over-exaggerating my movements, no matter what my connection is.

=/ For the sake of server use i feel like they should either fix the crap netcode for the bike (make it less jittery.. some how) or just reduce the difficulty. There's no reason that a person who can drive the bikes perfectly fine alone on a local server can't also do the same in a semi full or even full server. =/

Imchicken1
2010-09-20, 04:30
What im gettin out of what people are saying, is either lower the speed, or fix the "jittery-ness"

Tahanatos
2010-09-20, 09:18
but cant u just take the ATV with its easy controls and put the motorbike texture on it?
But apart from that i think the bikes are fine as they are, because IRL driving a Motorbike is harder than flying a plane trough an empty airspace.

Riflewizard
2010-11-03, 01:01
the motorbikes have always been for those who don't value their PR lives very much, they have a tendency of randomly exploding
they are too jittery too, due to lag, they always seem to be warping around a bit
i think the speed should be lowered on them and that the shift key should just give the extra speed that may be needed

Killer2354
2010-11-03, 01:32
the motorbikes have always been for those who don't value their PR lives very much, they have a tendency of randomly exploding
they are too jittery too, due to lag, they always seem to be warping around a bit
i think the speed should be lowered on them and that the shift key should just give the extra speed that may be needed

Which kind of reminds me. on Fallujah West one round, i saw a person with a dirt bike that was smoking, i followed him around a corner, he caught fire and exploded with the bike. Silly ins.