PDA

View Full Version : BMP-3

Element-X_IV
2010-09-01, 10:20
Ok so, I've used the BMP-3 on several occasions on Kashan and Jabal.

Great IFV, Great Firepower and Rate of fire on the cannons. It's a killing machine, everything you could ever wish for in one metal box of joy, but...
The there's one thing about the BMP that is a bit annoying is that it spends too much air time, or in other words, you come over a bump and the front of the BMP is flying like omgwtf.
In one incident due to this, my BMP flipped on Kashan after driving over this seemingly harmless bump.
So, will this ever be changed or is this just something to keep the BMP balanced and keep it in line instead of just stopping and unleashing hell on its enemies?

What do you guys think?

Zrix
2010-09-01, 10:53
What do you guys think?
I agree. It's like it's filled with helium, I call it the land boat.

I've never flipped it, but it does take a lot of damage on rough terrain, and on several occasions I've died in a 1v1 fight because my gunner cant fire back while it's sitting there rocking back and forth.

dtacs
2010-09-01, 10:59
I agree. It's like it's filled with helium, I call it the land boat.

I've never flipped it, but it does take a lot of damage on rough terrain, and on several occasions I've died in a 1v1 fight because my gunner cant fire back while it's sitting there rocking back and forth.
Tapping F3 and then back to F1 as the driver usually fixes that, same with tanks and any other vehicles sliding on grass or whatever.

Flipped it onto its top once on Kashan after going off a hill too fast.

amazing_retard
2010-09-01, 11:18
lol the thing is a bathtub sometimes. But ya the rocking back and fourth is really annoying :( Is it possible to fix it?

Hunt3r
2010-09-01, 12:06
The BMP needs weight added to it.

Element-X_IV
2010-09-01, 12:37
Tapping F3 and then back to F1 as the driver usually fixes that, same with tanks and any other vehicles sliding on grass or whatever.

Flipped it onto its top once on Kashan after going off a hill too fast.

Yes, that method works for me, but even when stopping on flat terrain that thing still rocks back and forth. We lost our BMP to an LAV moments ago on Jabal thanks to that.

Hunt3r
2010-09-01, 12:45
The BMP-3 is designed in PR to be purely a sort of tank destroyer that can take it's sweet time to stop, get ready, then procede to ravage the opposition.

Hitman.2.5
2010-09-01, 13:09

way to exploit the game :P however this is the best way to stop all the annoying stuff like the crabbing and un-simulated gyro-stabilization for the gun.

nater
2010-09-01, 16:29
way to exploit the game :P however this is the best way to stop all the annoying stuff like the crabbing and un-simulated gyro-stabilization for the gun.

This is no exploit...it makes no sense that a tracked vehicle slides on the smallest of hills anyways.

dtacs
2010-09-01, 16:36
This is no exploit...it makes no sense that a tracked vehicle slides on the smallest of hills anyways.
But it doesn't make sense that the guns to not have stabilization as they do IRL. This is a way to simulate that.

I don't think it was developer intent for it to work, but it does.

Hunt3r
2010-09-04, 08:25
The Bradley has quite the slow turning response, and the BMP-3 turns as if it's not moving at all. Inertia is a cruel mistress, however, and this tends to be a bad thing if you're going and speed as you turn you go into an embankment.

In conclusion, the Bradley needs a better turn response, and the BMP-3 needs to have more weight, and dampen the turn rate acceleration. It's now currently quite possible to have oscillations induced by the driver because of how light the steering is.

luckyStrike
2010-09-05, 16:59
Ok so, I've used the BMP-3 on several occasions on Kashan and Jabal.

Great IFV, Great Firepower and Rate of fire on the cannons. It's a killing machine, everything you could ever wish for in one metal box of joy, but...
The there's one thing about the BMP that is a bit annoying is that it spends too much air time, or in other words, you come over a bump and the front of the BMP is flying like omgwtf.
In one incident due to this, my BMP flipped on Kashan after driving over this seemingly harmless bump.
So, will this ever be changed or is this just something to keep the BMP balanced and keep it in line instead of just stopping and unleashing hell on its enemies?

What do you guys think?

So true. Me and my driver always start cussing when we come to a full stop when we suddenly spot a tank or etc. It rocks back and forth like a boat, too much rocking, and before you know it you're dead!

ytman
2010-11-12, 16:41
Can I just point out that the gun has an angle of about +90 degrees; 30 more than the reported 60 degrees?

It makes it an unrealistic nusiance to aircraft.