PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle New Commander UAV System

Sniperdog
2010-07-24, 00:22
I'd like to unveal something [R-DEV]dbzao and I have been working on for the past week to replaced the old "Projectile UAV" system.

http://i.imgur.com/DtG5P.jpg

The new UAV's will no longer be player controlled but instead will be called in by the commander and orbit autonomously around the point it was requested. The commander will be able to enter it at the main at which point he will have a powerful eye over that area of the battle.

For the Conventional factions the UAV will have a TV Camera feed for weapon slot one and an IR Feed with a Laser Designator for weapon two. Both of these weapons will have powerful zooming capabilities. For the Milita factions the UAV will only have one black and white camera feed with limited zooming capabilities.

Please bear in mind this is a work in progress, things may look different and no usage rules have been defined yet.

As always a video is worth a thousand words so here is a video of the new system recorded by db:

FDeZMre3NmA

Because I know two questions will get asked in this thread I will answer them now:

1. No it will not be able to fire hellfires.
2. You will not be able to lock onto it, shoot it down or see it.

As always those two things are subject to possible change in the future but don't expect either automatically.

Enjoy; and keep it classy PR Community. :)

Silverfish Hand-Catch!

dbzao
2010-07-24, 00:27
Woot :D

BloodBane611
2010-07-24, 00:32
Looking sweet!

Amok@ndy
2010-07-24, 00:34
hell yeah :D

Silly_Savage
2010-07-24, 00:38
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5kpxfFdnY1qziulwo1_400.gif

Crap, posted the wrong .gif.

Rudd
2010-07-24, 00:41
THE UAV IS NOW DIAMONDS!

Farks
2010-07-24, 00:52
Awesomeness! :D

Just one thing - should it really have the laser designator? I think it's reasonable to worry about potential pain and frustration for armor and other ground vehicles on maps like Kashan. There's not exactly any lack mediums for taking out enemy ground vehicles, it's in fact leaning towards the opposite if anything, with tanks (your own ones), ATGM-armed vehicles, TOWs, H-ATs, mines and of course jets and attack choppers, and the infantry lasing for them. And this thing will really limit your ability to hide and take cover from the above when you're at the frontline.

ZephyrDark
2010-07-24, 00:52
^^^ LOL at Rudd.

Anyways:
Wow, just wow. This will definitely make the UAV even more useful (especially finding those pesky suspected caches on insurgency). Hopefully the usage rules will keep everything balanced and not restrict it too much.

I might Command some more in .92 haha, especially with this eye in the sky. Good work guys, and keep it coming! :D

EDIT:

Just one thing - should it really have the laser designator? I think it's reasonable to worry about potential pain and frustration for armor and other ground vehicles on maps like Kashan. There's not exactly any lack mediums for taking out enemy ground vehicles, it's in fact leaning towards the opposite if anything, with tanks (your own ones), ATGM-armed vehicles, TOWs, H-ATs, mines and of course jets and attack choppers, and the infantry lasing for them. And this thing will really limit your ability to hide and take cover from the above when you're at the frontline.

Well, i guess you can call it a revamp of the original static marker that CO's can place. Maybe they'll add a "cool-down" timer for the laser designator, so if you miss you have to wait set time before you can place another, etc. IF you think about it, many UAVs can laze targets in real life, so why not implement it? You also have to remember that the other side can do it as well (Minus versus INS and Militia).

Stealth Clobber
2010-07-24, 00:59
And now you have accomplished a big time goal:

You've made it possible to have fun as commander. :thumbsup:

CCCode
2010-07-24, 01:00
Awesome stuff! :D

Is it possible to make the fog change color too?

Silly_Savage
2010-07-24, 01:05

Did you see how difficult it was for db to try and lase a stationary target while the UAV was in flight? I think you'll have more things to worry about rather than being lased by a UAV flying a set course for a specific amount of time, of which, has a recharge time after its flight time has expired. If you're in a vehicle, just don't stay put in one play for long and you'll be fine.

dbzao
2010-07-24, 01:29
It's actually not that hard savage, I just moved the mouse around to show it's click and mark.

tommytgun
2010-07-24, 01:34
OMG *slaps self in face* AM I DREAMING? A NEW UAV? ZOMG win :D

Churp
2010-07-24, 01:34
I forsee the Commander position being taken quite a bit more in future releases. ;)

Sniperdog
2010-07-24, 02:06
The uav laser projectile is coded to guide to the exact spot you clicked.

Vanya
2010-07-24, 02:19
I would have settled for being able to see the uav on the map.

Down right amazing. Hopefully commander will be a position that is never vacant again.

Conman51
2010-07-24, 02:19
even if the box doesnt go to the same exact spot?

because for me when i a helicopter and lasing its hard to lase things while moving, the laser box doesnt seem to go where i click

EvilWaffles
2010-07-24, 02:24
Same for me Conman.

And you're welcome for the sig.

Silly_Savage
2010-07-24, 02:25
dbzao;1396841']It's actually not that hard savage, I just moved the mouse around to show it's click and mark.

Ah, that makes sense. It seemed like it used the same, buggy code as the co-pilot seat in the scout helicopters. Okay well, it still flies on a set course for a predetermined amount of time and still needs to recharge before being used again. Everything seems fine to me.

Cpl.Small
2010-07-24, 02:34
Wow, great job guys, this is beyond awesome :)

dbzao
2010-07-24, 02:35
The laser guidance system is also new and improved, it's not the same you have in scout choppers currently in PR.

Vanya
2010-07-24, 02:55
dbzao;1396862']The laser guidance system is also new and improved, it's not the same you have in scout choppers currently in PR.

Are there plans for updating the current scout choppers with the improved guidance system? Or even a 360 range?

McBumLuv
2010-07-24, 03:05
dbzao;1396862']The laser guidance system is also new and improved, it's not the same you have in scout choppers currently in PR.

I'm supposing a similar code to CA's old hellfire Point-and-click system? A la TV laser guided missiles in vBF2?

ebevan91
2010-07-24, 03:43
Nice.

message too short

dbzao
2010-07-24, 03:45
I'm supposing a similar code to CA's old hellfire Point-and-click system? A la TV laser guided missiles in vBF2?

Yes, it is.

richyrich55
2010-07-24, 04:22
Holyfuggensheeit. Give it HELLFIRES! NAO MR. DBZAO!

I <3 your work.

Sniperdog
2010-07-24, 04:40
Are there plans for updating the current scout choppers with the improved guidance system?

Yes there is :)

SchildVogel
2010-07-24, 04:50
Awesome. This should make commanding a bit more popular.

But wait...is that a new M16 I saw at the end of the video? :-o Well maybe just with the new foregrip and higher graphics settings than I'm used to? Anyways, it's beautiful to finally see it in 1st person.

bravo-fab
2010-07-24, 05:02
it is crash may dreams

ZephyrDark
2010-07-24, 06:01
Awesome. This should make commanding a bit more popular.

But wait...is that a new M16 I saw at the end of the video? :-o Well maybe just with the new foregrip and higher graphics settings than I'm used to? Anyways, it's beautiful to finally see it in 1st person.

Looks like new ACOG and new animations. You actually see the buttstock being pulled out compared to the old animations where it was completely blocked by the hand.

dtacs
2010-07-24, 06:29
Absolutely terrific system - I've wanted to see battlefield intelligence more prominently displayed in PR and this is the way to do it. Few questions:

Is it possible to make the lase projectiles much faster, so you don't have to 'lead' the lase as you have done to get it to get on the right target? (like the GLTD)

What is the uptime/downtime for the UAV? Still 10 minutes on and off?

Is there different HUDs for each faction, EG will the USMC see the lase as the small circle like the Cobra sees it?

ChiefRyza
2010-07-24, 06:34
I think the fact it is like that dtacs is that it works in the same way as deployable objects as far as I know, it has to 'place' itself correctly hence the delay.

DankE_SPB
2010-07-24, 06:36
Is it possible to make the lase projectiles much faster, so you don't have to 'lead' the lase as you have done to get it to get on the right target? (like the GLTD)
You do not lead the laser mark, you click where you want it- and it sticks to it.

It is a bit slower than current laser mark, but will get to the point where you click and not stick on weird places like it does atm.

nir0
2010-07-24, 07:11
my god that's what i dreamed about (as soon as i often play commander)
couple of things i should ask about:
1) we need deployment time - commander deploys UAV - 1 minute pause - UAV online... to prevent situation:
tank in D4
mig needs laze
uav up
lazed
tank down in less than minute... same for fob... kinda cheating
2) can we place a common question mark on the map (Q+fire)? like 1 per minute woud be enough.

i just got so tired following a single insurgent with the UAV to find out where does he rearm?! i lost em so much times on karbala/ramiel (uav needed to be rotated instantly to see ins for 1 in 10 seconds).. now i'll be watching u carefully

Double post merged - Jig

7g23
2010-07-24, 08:02
Will it be able to laze for JDAM; this seems to be a very realistic possibility.

Jigsaw
2010-07-24, 08:02
Looks like an amazing system, great work! 8-)

-GER-flyinguy
2010-07-24, 08:08
hmm nice=D

bosco_
2010-07-24, 08:34
Sniperdog;1396783']

FDeZMre3NmA

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1857/1279485355694.png

lucky.BOY
2010-07-24, 08:45
1) we need deployment time - commander deploys UAV - 1 minute pause - UAV online... to prevent situation:
tank in D4
mig needs laze
uav up
lazed
tank down in less than minute... same for fob... kinda cheating

agreed with this idea.
Anyways, gr8 job, guys:-D

Arnoldio
2010-07-24, 09:06
Look at me, now look at the UAV, i have old UAV in my hands now look, old UAV just got replaced by the new UAV, im on a horse.

Im going CO just for this mad shiet when it comes out. :D

superhunty
2010-07-24, 09:08
Sniperdog;1396783']
Silverfish Hand-Catch!

Best bit...

bessert
2010-07-24, 09:11
That way the commanding will be much more important and effective sweet .)

Zpoilt
2010-07-24, 09:12
did you manage to remove the annoying sound bug?

looking good btw

dtacs
2010-07-24, 09:22
Im going CO just for this mad shiet when it comes out. :D
Same. Hopefully it will make people actually want to go commander now, so they'll be - in a way - forced to command the team and keep squad leaders informed.

l3g3nda
2010-07-24, 09:33
Great job, you just need to consider next things:

1. Deployment time for UAV
2. Operation time - I think it should be reconsider from 10 minutes to less.
3. Recharge time - also I think should be lowered.
4. Ability to use Q-rose in TV (or LASE) mode for marking targets.

Elektro
2010-07-24, 09:35
Is it possible to gun down an enemy UAV with jets?

I think I saw a video once where they used missiles to kill a UAV

Edit: Found it -uyTFPwSXUI

nir0
2010-07-24, 09:50
+ 1 more wish
if we got X = time in flight, Y = time to recharge, so X+Y = full cycle time (for now), no matter if commander gave up using it
i wish commander could shorten X time removing UAV so it will start to recharge earlier, and get ready earlier as well
someone asked if we could request artillery this way. i bet we don't. some people ingame still don't understand how to request an artillery, and keep using their GLTD (i may mistype) with no success.. the worst thing when on the commander' side we got just the same - he places request CAS marker in a hope this will deploy an artillery. the reason is bad usability, or in a fact that all the community just got used to use GLTD in this way IMO...
in a sum
UAV can laze for CAS (yes it got round shape in cobra)
u can see this laser with officer/sniper binocular
UAV cannot request area attacks

edit:
video above is a fake, its not russian mig :) all russian patrol jets were on ground and pilots at their homes... guess why? (answer: sunday)
and if jet can destroy UAV, it is destroyable by any other unit such as AA or even .50cal

sweedensniiperr
2010-07-24, 10:04
so, how big is the radius of the orbit? (just for curiosity) 100m? 150m? same for militia?

Adriaan
2010-07-24, 10:07
Astounding work gentlemen, truly astounding!

HunterMed
2010-07-24, 10:11
LASE LASE LASE.

Awesome!!

Predator.v2
2010-07-24, 11:36
4. Ability to use Q-rose in TV (or LASE) mode for marking targets.

I'd also say, this is really needed!
Just make it like the old squadleader, sniper spotting system. The commander spots something with q-rose
and gonna receive that white moving marker in the map, he will have to "confirm" and "verify". Especially in city maps, when you spot something between some buildings, you need quite some time to find the right building formation on the map..

Snazz
2010-07-24, 12:28
Is it possible to gun down an enemy UAV with jets?
No, they already answered that.

Sniperdog;1396783']Because I know two questions will get asked in this thread I will answer them now:

2. You will not be able to lock onto it, shoot it down or see it.

_casualtyUR
2010-07-24, 12:37
... making the Commander's job more interesting!

PR, still the best game on the net.

Mora
2010-07-24, 14:33
Too bad it doesn't have hellfires. Would be awesome to have those on ins maps

doop-de-doo
2010-07-24, 14:41
Not bad, DEVs.

I had been thinking of this exact thing after losing several UAVs while busy managing forces (flying off the map). Not knowing where you are on the map seems to have been taken care of. I was going to suggest that another person use/control the UAV for the CO, but this may just solve both situations. The multiple levels of zoom were a very pleasant surprise. Lasing targets hadn't even been considered!

Two thumbs up.

I might guess you have already encountered this question. Is the commo rose unavailable while using this interface? Being able to set markers (SL style move, attack etc.) while in flight would simplify spotting and accurate (tactical map) markers. They would be a bit like GPS coordinates.

Sniperdog
2010-07-24, 15:11
did you manage to remove the annoying sound bug?

Yes it is fixed. All you will hear now is the command trailer ambient.

=]H[=TangFiend
2010-07-24, 16:29
Oh WOW!

My fingers have been crossed for an improvement like this for a long time

Bravo guys . . well done!

Stoic Sentinel
2010-07-24, 16:37
I think my brain's gonna explode if you keep teasing me like this.

Murphy
2010-07-24, 17:08
Great work, another step in the right direction. This while surely change the way open maps are handled my armor, and it might end up giving infantry more to do then camp hill tops.

Jaymz
2010-07-24, 18:04
Nice work! :)

Vanya
2010-07-24, 19:03
Sniperdog;1396925']Yes there is :)

Woot!!

if we got X = time in flight, Y = time to recharge, so X+Y = full cycle time (for now), no matter if commander gave up using it
i wish commander could shorten X time removing UAV so it will start to recharge earlier, and get ready earlier as well

Not to bad of an idea.

What if you made it so the uav takes 2-3mins to fly into place. Than when its in place the commander can hop in use it then hop out and save the rest of the time for later. So pretty much the uav would still fly but as long as the commander isn't in it the timer stops.

Or set us to be used in 3min intervals. That way you couldn't hop in laze something in 2 sec then hop out again.

Kill001
2010-07-24, 19:32
Wait wait, does the UAV have more features than being a flying GTLD?

I couldn't really notice anything new besides icon, lasing, and zooming... did I miss something?

Sniperdog
2010-07-24, 20:05
Check out our newest feature for the PR UAV's!

E7A4x0lY1Go

Silly_Savage
2010-07-24, 20:13
:shock:

:o

richyrich55
2010-07-24, 20:33
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/27/128826716086921034.jpg

You know it isn't April 1st right?

Cheditor
2010-07-24, 20:36
After having the joke explained to me Sniperdog, haah i like the video.

Tim270
2010-07-24, 20:39
FIRE THE PREDATORS!

Churp
2010-07-24, 20:56
A Predator that shoots Predators...Genius!

McBumLuv
2010-07-24, 21:25
FRIENDLY PREDATOR MISSILE INBOUND!

OH GOD IT'S A FRIENDLY PREDATOR TURNED INTO A MISSILE! :O

=Toasted=
2010-07-24, 22:58
I always thought the origional UAV's were kinda awkward to control, and this is exactly what I hoped for to change it for the better.

Utterly brilliant. :D

SGT.Ice
2010-07-24, 23:19
Should be able to shoot it down and see it

Possibility or something even for A2 is make it a role of a soldier, the commander wouldn't operate it in real life a soldier does. That's my 10 cents

Other then that its a big improvement over the old UAV

nir0
2010-07-25, 05:21
if u're going to implement hellfires, please, keep in mind that not all UAVs got em aboard...

please, remove hellfires, it will break gameplay

TempesT
2010-07-25, 07:17
if u're going to implement hellfires, please, keep in mind that not all UAVs got em aboard...

please, remove hellfires, it will break gameplay

This reply was inevitable

TrueTypeSansSerif
2010-07-25, 08:15
I can't believe you guys completely missed the new m4 animations and handle.

Brilliant work!

EDIT: Well most of you anyway

dtacs
2010-07-25, 08:37
I can't believe you guys completely missed the new m4 animations and handle.
I can't believe its not butter! (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196-pr-highlights/84401-new-commander-uav-system.html#post1396928)

sweetsnakeGER
2010-07-25, 14:36
I think this is a very hard tool in the battlefield, but realistic. To keep the fights balanced you can remove the laser-designator from the Squat-Leader Kit and add it to the Marksman-Kit, so it is a special-Kit and not everytimes available. :?::?::!:

nir0
2010-07-25, 16:10
a question, can u guys do this:
1) CO places mark UAV
2) UAV starts from main, and flies to mark as it flies now but with all this sweet mouselook
3) when UAV arrives to some of circle trajectory point, it starts to fly around
4) when needed, CO can place new UAV marker, and UAV turns there

P.S. there is no need for smooth animation in (3) and (4) as soon as we got no smooth animation in curren 0917 UAV

thank you!

Gore
2010-07-25, 20:06
Much much better :)

illidur
2010-07-25, 23:13
this method is pretty sweet. good job devs! this is a huge improvement even without the comma rose on it.

will the commander die if the uav gets glitched/flys into a mountain or is it still a missile? if its not a missile then this is an idea.\/

would it be possible to make a mini jet that you actually have to land and takeoff as a uav? i have thought of a way to make fuel for a uav using the bleedout method. wouldn't it be possible to make the bleedout threshold 100% or w/e. then make it so it bleeds out over a certain amount of time so you have to land or the uav gets destroyed? this would make it so the uav doesn't have a timer or magical appearance. i think actually flying a slow uav would be best and make the commander position more interesting.

Oskar
2010-07-25, 23:47
i think actually flying a slow uav would be best and make the commander position more interesting.

...and in my opinion, very distracting from the commander's real job, which is actually commanding. Coordinating the team and the overall battleplan, giving and passing on intel.
Also, wouldn't the actual flying be handled by someone else IRL anyway? Not that that is a very solid argument on it's own since there are gameplay considerations to take into account too, but for me this would just be a distraction. I don't want a lot of toys to play around with as a commander necessarily, I get my kick from working together with a good team.

Maybe that's just me.

Sarlerace
2010-07-26, 00:03
This looks very nice, cant wait till all this comes out :)

PFunk
2010-07-26, 00:06
I'll reserve judgement til I use it myself. But so far looks good.

Only thing we need now is for the UAV to be usable on maps where the draw distance leaves them staring into fog.

Zulnex
2010-07-26, 00:14
Looks awesome.8-) Fantastic work.

Commando_Jenkins
2010-07-26, 11:51
After you place the UAV marker on the map, are you able to remove it, and place it some where else? Or do you have to wait 10 minutes to delete the marker and replace it?

For example, your looking at intel for one cache with the UAV already, and then you get intel for a 2nd cache, how do you move the UAV to the other side of the map, if its a marker?

nicoX
2010-07-26, 12:02
This would is highly appreciated for recon squads.

Ahti
2010-07-26, 13:01
Great job guys!;-)

RHYS4190
2010-07-26, 13:25
glad the dev's lesion to peoples idea's,

ytman
2010-07-26, 13:54
It seems the UAV is really high up. Which on Kashan is perfect, 1000m view distance.

However, on the smaller maps will the UAV be up too high? Or can we expect a view distance increase :D ^^.

In anycase I love it.

Hotrod525
2010-07-26, 14:43
So basicly, you deploy UAV, you have a 360° view over the battlefield, you can put laser mark for air strike... i think i have to change my boxer they are suddently all wet... :D

Kashan Desert, F16 flying at 2000[ft/m i dont freaking know wich one BF2 engine use LOL] receiving inteligence from commander, a laser designation, and release the bomb 500M from the marker at he's altitude..... [seconds later] the Paveway hit the ground just like a slap in the face from Hugo Girard (http://www.infodimanche.com/upload/evenement/2008/05/hugo_girard_sera_de_passage_au_2152008_600.jpg). No one see it come, Commander is now proud of himself and continue giving he's order to INF/ARMR/CAS

(http://www.infodimanche.com/upload/evenement/2008/05/hugo_girard_sera_de_passage_au_2152008_600.jpg)

rough77
2010-07-26, 17:36
And now you have accomplished a big time goal:

You've made it possible to have fun as commander. :thumbsup:

agree! looking forward to use it :D

Turner
2010-07-26, 18:09
I noticed its pretty much the same style of camera from a Cobra.

Sniperdog
2010-07-26, 20:05
I noticed its pretty much the same style of camera from a Cobra.

Indeed, its a placeholder as the actual HUD is developed.

mati140
2010-07-30, 11:47
Well, i guess you can call it a revamp of the original static marker that CO's can place. Maybe they'll add a "cool-down" timer for the laser designator, so if you miss you have to wait set time before you can place another, etc. IF you think about it, many UAVs can laze targets in real life, so why not implement it? You also have to remember that the other side can do it as well (Minus versus INS and Militia).

But RL UAV is visible and possible to shot down. So if it lazes enemy and enemy will see it, then yes, it may laze few of them for jets, but it won't fly too long then.

Scot
2010-07-30, 12:05
Hello ladies.

Look at the current UAV, now back to this UAV, now back the old UAV, now back to this UAV. Sadly, it isn't this UAV, but if everyone stops complaining about when 0.92 will be released and switched to being happy, it could be soon. Look down,

Now back up, where are you? Your on a boat outside of Muttrah with the potential of being the commander and using this very UAV. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's those new M16 rails and animations that you love. Look again, the M16 is NOW DIAMONDS. Anything is possible when you're patient and appreciate the DEVs work. I'm on a horse.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/300/oldspiceonahorsel.jpg

*doo doo doo doo doo doo*

Kirra
2010-07-30, 12:50
Hello ladies.

Look at the current UAV, now back to this UAV, now back the old UAV, now back to this UAV. Sadly, it isn't this UAV, but if everyone stops complaining about when 0.92 will be released and switched to being happy, it could be soon. Look down,

Now back up, where are you? Your on a boat outside of Muttrah with the potential of being the commander and using this very UAV. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's those new M16 rails and animations that you love. Look again, the M16 is NOW DIAMONDS. Anything is possible when you're patient and appreciate the DEVs work. I'm on a horse.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/300/oldspiceonahorsel.jpg

*doo doo doo doo doo doo*

I want your babies.

Web_cole
2010-07-30, 19:10
One asset that never gets fought over is the ACV (Armored Command Vehicle). I really wish there were more arguments over who got to use that asset...

Maybe now there will be, w00p w00p! :D

Massios
2010-07-30, 19:30
I spy a fore grip on that M4.

Tallard
2010-07-30, 19:43
That looks freakin sweet

ZephyrDark
2010-07-30, 20:48
I spy a fore grip on that M4.

The devs have been hinting on those for a while now, theres tons of pics and vids showing them.

Damian(>>>PL
2010-08-04, 10:01
End of positional war on kashan.

Nakata
2010-08-04, 16:52
The time of use and the "cooldown" time will be the same of the 0.91?

AnimalMother.
2010-08-04, 17:07
The time of use and the "cooldown" time will be the same of the 0.91?

i believe its up for review

McBumLuv
2010-08-04, 19:19
Here's a coding question: Would it be at all possible for the UAV to be given a collision mesh so that it could be shot down?

Or does this re-introduce the problem of having the commander killed in the process as he is the one actually piloting thevehicle which has been destroyed (it's no longer a projectile)?

I suppose the only workaround would have the vehicle somehow ejecting the player after reaching so little HP, which of course introduces the next problem which is to say that has never been coded or thought possible with BF2's engine :p

psyckomonkey
2010-08-04, 20:49
Can't wait to see this in-game :grin:

knoxious_t
2010-08-05, 15:48
Its looking like this next release is going to have some super awesome additions for changing up the game play! nice work

knoxious_t
2010-08-05, 15:48
...maybe people will be more inclined to go Commander now

illidur
2010-08-06, 00:44
im still curious to how this version works...? is it still a projectile? or will the commander die if the uav hits a mountain?

killonsight95
2010-08-06, 09:07
...maybe people will be more inclined to go Commander now

i usualy go commander in TG as it is the only server where you have to follow the commanders orders

samthegreat4
2010-08-06, 22:00
Maybe now more dudes will go commander..

jaawol
2010-08-06, 22:07
so, how long will it stay in the air 'til you have to wait for another one?

Dr.Roy.Mustang
2010-08-07, 14:46
Thank you for taking this into consideration! I will so now be a commander ~

BlooDrUnK MuPet
2010-08-08, 01:14
Very nice, now if only it was player controlled...

Warno000
2010-08-08, 19:17
Sweet! This will hopefully get more people to command at any given time, which should makes games more fun. Commander leads to more team unity.

colodorian
2010-08-09, 00:16
Like the idea of the designator and milita forces having the lower tech
(also liked the M4 in the video ;)

dbzao
2010-08-09, 21:06
Just thought it was a cool pic, and to show you won't hit the mountain :p

http://imgur.com/tPoeg.jpg

rampo
2010-08-09, 21:08
Now what are the taleban and insurgent commanders gonna get? :)

dbzao
2010-08-09, 21:09
Now what are the taleban and insurgent commanders gonna get? :)

There's something cool coming their way, don't worry ;)

Johncro
2010-08-09, 22:09
dbzao;1410583']There's something cool coming their way, don't worry ;)

Fastropes?

Bringerof_D
2010-08-10, 06:30
damn that's sexy

Moonlight
2010-08-10, 09:59
First of all, awesome work.
dbzao;1410581']Just thought it was a cool pic, and to show you won't hit the mountain :p

But will the UAV work on maps with poor view distance like Asad Khal, eg.?
Excuse me, if I missed the post explaining that. :-?