PDA

View Full Version : Insurgent Technical

drs79
2010-07-12, 15:25
Has anyone else noticed that the armor on the Insurgent Technical/ability to destroy it is more so than the Canadian Mercedes SUV on Archer?

I understand that the hit boxes also for the Technical machine gunner are all over the place, however the technical has become a overpowering gun truck.
- LAT has no real effect on it, the amount of bullets it takes to make it smoke is off the charts, when in comparison one grenade trap placed next to the driver side door of a Logistics truck is usually all it takes to destroy said truck.

I am purely just typing out loud, but am I the only one who would rather have less technicals on insurgent maps and more ammo trucks/the sapper kit ied physics go back to the original?

Arnoldio
2010-07-12, 15:28
Thing needs to be nerfed. Its strong as hell for some reason.

boilerrat
2010-07-12, 15:36
Why nerf the insurgents over and over?

You guys have tanks and APCs and helicopters.

0331SgtSpyUSMC
2010-07-12, 16:33
- LAT has no real effect on it, the amount of bullets it takes to make it smoke is off the charts, when in comparison one grenade trap placed next to the driver side door of a Logistics truck is usually all it takes to destroy said truck.

The ability to destroy techie with a LAT depends solidly on ability to hit it :) I have never seen the techie not go down alter a single direct hit with any LAT (blue for or opfor) You just have to find a way to successfully engage it that's all. Even the .50 cal can take it out fairly quickly.

CobraHumvee
2010-07-12, 16:51
The techy is not overpowered in my opnion in fact its one of the few decent things the insurgents can use, so lets not go nerfing the insurgents yet again.

FunkDoctorSpot
2010-07-15, 20:53
But the hillclimbig-abilities of the technical are realy out of this world
It can almost climb vertical hills when you use the boost, while tanks and sh*t sometimes are stuck in a freaking roadside-ditch ..

Amir
2010-07-15, 21:04
Had the some problem once on Muttrah when I shot a LAT at a MEC Transport truck. It was just smoking :(

Coolio
2010-07-15, 21:36
You know the tech guy in the back can be killed with small arms easily right...?

FunkDoctorSpot
2010-07-15, 21:41
Had the some problem once on Muttrah when I shot a LAT at a MEC Transport truck. It was just smoking :(

Dude, the other day i shot a HAT at a standing (!) blackhawk, it exploded right in his face and he just flew away, like nothin happend
He didnt even smoke :cry:

sylent/shooter
2010-07-15, 22:08
I think the issue being here is that the warheads of LATs and HAT's are said, "not dependable" It may have something to do with the physics of the warheads, but yes... sometimes it doesn't do a thing :S I've occasionally hit a truck with a LAT and frankly, that should destroy it ONE shot. not the 5 it takes :S

Ome99
2010-07-15, 22:15
I think the insrugents are already way too under-powered, nerfing their truck, would just make the insurgents a punching bag.

sylent/shooter
2010-07-15, 22:19
but thats what they're there for! Seriously, technicals should be considered civilian trucks. Because thats what they actually are. I think the mentallity of the people against this is that if you reduce the amount of damage it can take, they will be completely and utterly stepped upon. Not true, I think it will make people think a bit more than just driving into a field with one, leaving it there. Or driving head on into a squad of enemy soldiers, because as of now, thats what I see alot of

a0jer
2010-07-16, 01:46
every factions' jeeps have some weird resistance to LATs or HATs sometimes. can't really complain about that because i bet it's happened to you and i a few times and we didn't even notice.

In terms of health and armor, I think the canadian jeep has the same as the techie. However, the techie has very little protection for the crew and you should aim for them. Just like real life, the biggest weakness of any vehicle is the squishy meatbags inside.

Drunkenup
2010-07-16, 12:41
I think its fine, as long as it can take in a decent amount of .50 Caliber rounds and still be destroyed by one LAT rocket, than I think its balanced. I have not ever seen a Technical take in a LAT round that has struck it dead on, but if it is now, that needs to be rectified.

goguapsy
2010-07-16, 18:12
But the hillclimbig-abilities of the technical are realy out of this world
It can almost climb vertical hills when you use the boost, while tanks and sh*t sometimes are stuck in a freaking roadside-ditch ..

The Canadian's Mercedes is just... OMG I want that car. It can climb vertical walls in Op. Archer.

Meza82
2010-07-16, 20:21
nerf a technical? too many suggestions to nerf insurgent/taliban/hamas on this forum, imo

sylent/shooter
2010-07-16, 21:03
But it wouldn't be nerfing them, Like i've said it's just a civilian truck, so It's not made the withstand bullets. The Mercedes G-Wagon on the other hand is made as a military vehicle so therefore, it probably has some sort of armour thats made into it. My point being, the technical and the G-Wagon are two completely different vehicles. A civilian truck and a military truck. The Technical shouldn't have the same armour value as the G-Wagon. Unless we are assuming the insurgents know how to weld and added bullet protection.

As for anyone talking about nerfing it. It wouldn't. Maybe they'd get a little less power, but the insurgents are very easy to beat IRL, their main power is numbers and guerilla tactics, not running around and parading trucks with guns. It would mean people need to play smarter and develop some tactics of their own

boilerrat
2010-07-17, 00:12
PR is not all about reality actually.

It goes Gameplay -> Realism.

So in fact, technicals need to be how they are.

Rudd
2010-07-17, 00:18
the boost power of the vehicle could be decreased, but I believe that about most vehicles in PR, I don't really see the point in a limited boost feature in terms of realism, nor in gameplay, I'd actually rather have a function to slow teh vehicle, or maybe even a handbrake - however the handbrake idea has yet to find a viable method.

ZephyrDark
2010-07-17, 01:16
You know the tech guy in the back can be killed with small arms easily right...?

ACtually, thats wrong. Get behind him and its near impossible to kill him. His hitbox is FUBAR. I once unloaded a clip into a technical .50 gunner's back and nothing happened. Oh, and mind you every bullet hit the gunner dead on.

That is all I ask to be fixed is the .50 cal gunner's hitbox..

sylent/shooter
2010-07-17, 01:54
PR is not all about reality actually.

It goes Gameplay -> Realism.

So in fact, technicals need to be how they are.

I know gameplay comes first, but in terms of gameplay this change won't effect it much other than the fact that it's slightly easier to kill the technical. This is a very controversial subject as we get people who think it's gonna nerf and people who think it isn't. I think that the Dev's should look into lowering the armour count a small amount, and testing that out in the BETA, theoretically it would be an easy change and if people negatively respond then it can be changed back.

I think that most people wouldn't even notice the reduction in the technical much anyways.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT NERFING IT... we are talking about changing it so that it's slightly more realistic, and how it won't effect gameplay as much

Vision_16
2010-07-17, 02:05
Put a recoil-less rifle on technicals. ;)

WhatMan
2010-07-17, 02:47
Do not change the technical at all

Insurgents do not have

Boats
TOW
Tanks
APC
HMG
and even weapon scopes

Technicals even out the battlefield, keep it as is.

Remember that insurgents have only 3 vehicles

boilerrat
2010-07-17, 03:20
I know gameplay comes first, but in terms of gameplay this change won't effect it much other than the fact that it's slightly easier to kill the technical. This is a very controversial subject as we get people who think it's gonna nerf and people who think it isn't. I think that the Dev's should look into lowering the armour count a small amount, and testing that out in the BETA, theoretically it would be an easy change and if people negatively respond then it can be changed back.

I think that most people wouldn't even notice the reduction in the technical much anyways.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT NERFING IT... we are talking about changing it so that it's slightly more realistic, and how it won't effect gameplay as much

Making something weaker, also known as "nerfing"

Urban Dictionary: nerf (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nerf)

FunkDoctorSpot
2010-07-17, 12:05
You need only a couple of rounds of the AH-6's chainguns to destroy one of the destroyable houses, while you need to shoot and shoot on a technical till it finally goes down
Now thats what i call a civilian truck :P

sylent/shooter
2010-07-17, 13:40
I meant nerfing it completely. I think you are thinking that what I'm suggesting here is that we completely lower the armour value. I'm mainly suggesting we lower it a bit. Just a TINY bit so it's slightly more realistic. Gameplay won't be effected much by this. As people will still be able to charge into a firefight. My point being that instead of shooting it so many times say we lower it so one less bullet kills it, or something like that. Not completely stating that if you touch it the whole thing explodes. Have some logical sense guys. What I'm suggesting won't change the technical that much. :S

a0jer
2010-07-17, 14:43

hehe realistic... we're talking about exploding a car by shooting it in the bumper.

as I see it they're even enough as it is, aim for the driver, aim for the gunner, then blow up the techie. It usually takes 3-5 seconds to accomplish and I have never had a problem doing this.

You can't do that if you're the one in the techie, you have to shoot the CF Jeep's doors and windows until it explodes, and maybe you might get a lucky shot on the gunner while you do it.

Rudd
2010-07-17, 14:47
a0jer, the technical has a 50cal, teh gwagon has a m249 :P in a one on one fight teh technical has a clear advantage, thats not a reason to nerf it imo since blufor have plenty of other things going for them but lets not pretend the technical is at a disadvantage :P

Brummy
2010-07-17, 14:49
Rudd;1392166']a0jer, the technical has a 50cal, teh gwagon has a m249 :P in a one on one fight teh technical has a clear advantage, thats not a reason to nerf it imo since blufor have plenty of other things going for them but lets not pretend the technical is at a disadvantage :P

It's so easy to shoot out the gunner.

Looy
2010-07-17, 16:09
Maybe you could give INS a new vehicle that could realistically take on a BLUFOR guncar, but be rarer than current techies or un able to offroad so well. At the same time make techies weaker and more common.

The new vehicle could be a modified VW camper van or something:
http://mystuffonline.co.uk/resources/_wsb_560x417_Van-1.jpg

With bits of armour welded on and maybe the ability to drop ammo crates.

Teh0
2010-07-17, 18:18
It is too easy to kill the gunner.

Murphy
2010-07-17, 19:23
The G-Wagon has a firepower disadvantage to the Technical, but the gunner of the Techie is soo exposed it often results in the driver turning around because he lost his firepower. The G-Wagon absorbs a lot of rounds for its gunner, who is just another saw with more ammo, so it feels really even in an a-symmetrical fashion.

Against Hummers the balance is shot though. If you wanted to reduce the overall survivability of the vehicle I'd like to see an improvement for the gunner. Give him a barrel cut in half to shield small arms in front, well maybe not as a barrel would just mask your silhouette and not stop rounds...but the idea is still there.

I think the balance is better with some factions more then others, so presently it seems to be a decent middle ground in my opinion.

placiddavid
2010-07-17, 22:36
Just get rid of the techie. or make it limited. more ammo trucks would be more accurate.

FunkDoctorSpot
2010-07-18, 00:46
Just get rid of the techie. or make it limited. more ammo trucks would be more accurate.

Yeah and take them nasty RPGs away either! Also you should remove all weapons, and let them throw stones!
Or no, better! Let them throw pink cotton-balls!

:duh:

blackhatch46
2010-08-22, 15:06
I think the insrugents are already way too under-powered, nerfing their truck, would just make the insurgents a punching bag.

but the point all of you are missing is they ARE a punching bag IRL. if anything we should increase their numbers on maps to make it more even, not give them unrealistic powers.

illidur
2010-08-29, 22:05
the tech should be a truck with a .50 on it. nothing more. if you make it as weak as it should be then it will be used for hit and runs instead of an insurgent abrams. park it in ditches or behind walls etc for defense. insurgents have the advantage of defending and should be forced to use it.

WilsonPL
2010-09-01, 11:59
Nerf technicals
Give more technicals to insurgents.
Give URAL 4320 with mounted ZSU to Talibans and Militia

ChallengerCC
2010-10-04, 23:16
The main Problem is the Hitbox of the Passengers, the Hitbox is not on the same Position like the Visuals. Also the gun hase no recoil. Spawns to often and takes a Heli in less then 8 seconds down. Techs need a nerf !

amazing_retard
2010-10-05, 04:00
You guys are forgetting that blufor armor and air assets are getting a HUGE buff. Do not Nerf the techy! It is all the insurgents have left.

dtacs
2010-10-05, 04:37
No it isn't, Insurgents are getting new small arms plus the SPG-9 deployable and SPG-9 technical which will kill vehicles with thermals so long as they are looking in another direction.

The technical issues need to be addressed plain and simple, in the respect of realism and ironing out bugs.

ryan d ale
2010-10-05, 05:03
Ahhh stop complaining about INS.

If you aren't a good pilot or your team isn't communicating to you well enough than accept it.

You aren't king of the map when in a heli!

Stop thinking that and you might last a bit longer.

Just be thankful the INS doesn't have some of the more rare anti aircraft weapons that have been used in Iraq (I will send videos of this by PM if anyone is interested - it appears in videos to be like flack. Title of videos and comments speculate it is a modified mortar/s) and seemed to be very effective at making the helis bug out.

Pronck
2010-10-05, 05:51
Only BLUFOR Soldier are complaining about th techie, are you even aware of it that you guys have Tanks, APC and Humvees, so you don't need to take a techie out with your 9MM Gangsta stye.

A_Grounded_Pilot
2010-10-05, 12:36
Maybe you could give INS a new vehicle that could realistically take on a BLUFOR guncar, but be rarer than current techies or un able to offroad so well. At the same time make techies weaker and more common.

The new vehicle could be a modified VW camper van or something:
http://mystuffonline.co.uk/resources/_wsb_560x417_Van-1.jpg

With bits of armour welded on and maybe the ability to drop ammo crates.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf2-community-modding/84951-vehicle-zastava-900-ak-wip.html

Tarranauha200
2010-10-05, 14:06
I just noticed thath tecnical can kill IDF apc easy.

JohnnyTheIED
2010-10-05, 14:13
Only BLUFOR Soldier are complaining about th techie, are you even aware of it that you guys have Tanks, APC and Humvees, so you don't need to take a techie out with your 9MM Gangsta stye.

LOL @ that. So true. I keep seeing bluefor only players cry to get everything insurgent nerfed out.

Their reality is that insurgent should just run around with rocks waiting to get shot by a ACOG mk19 mounted on a super invincible APC with thermal sights, airlifted by a Kiowa shooting nuclear missiles.

These guys should play singleplayer and leave multiplayer warfare to men.