PDA

View Full Version : Huey's properties different in co-op?

Kill001
2010-06-25, 02:13
So, to cut to the chase, here's what happened

Anyways, I've been flying choppers (mainly COWs) since 0.8, and choppers back then seemed relatively easy to fly

so, I haven't flown in awhile, and recently, since I got my joystick back (yes, I know people don't recommended joystick for chopper flying, but I've been using joysticks for everything since I was 7 when I played Flight Simulator '98 ) so I decided to give it a shot in Barracuda... which ended in disaster in which I landed the troops but I forgot to drop supplies... so I circled around and lost control and crashed my chopper :-(

I quickly left the server before I got banned for wasting assets and I went on to create my own coop server and I rigorously trained myself for about 6 days until I got the hang of most things in the Huey (as Hueys are the choppers I see most in multiplayer), such as flying in-between streets and doing complicated maneuvers

So today I was confident enough to fly a Huey so I went into a public server and I noticed my Huey wasn't as maneuverable; which I ignored at first because I thought it was just my imagination, and then I quickly lost control and crashed

I got in another one and also wound up my chopper and took off; in which again, I noticed the maneuverability was off, and I was quickly shot down, and then I was kicked for wasting assets

Are the air vehicles (mainly Hueys) in coop mode supposed to be easier to fly? If so, it's very misleading... :sad:

Edit:

yeaikno the jets are supposed to be different in Kashan

DevilDog812
2010-06-25, 03:40
So, to cut to the chase, here's what happened

Anyways, I've been flying choppers (mainly COWs) since 0.8, and choppers back then seemed relatively easy to fly

so, I haven't flown in awhile, and recently, since I got my joystick back (yes, I know people don't recommended joystick for chopper flying, but I've been using joysticks for everything since I was 7 when I played Flight Simulator '98 ) so I decided to give it a shot in Barracuda... which ended in disaster in which I landed the troops but I forgot to drop supplies... so I circled around and lost control and crashed my chopper :-(

I quickly left the server before I got banned for wasting assets and I went on to create my own coop server and I rigorously trained myself for about 6 days until I got the hang of most things in the Huey (as Hueys are the choppers I see most in multiplayer), such as flying in-between streets and doing complicated maneuvers

So today I was confident enough to fly a Huey so I went into a public server and I noticed my Huey wasn't as maneuverable; which I ignored at first because I thought it was just my imagination, and then I quickly lost control and crashed

I got in another one and also wound up my chopper and took off; in which again, I noticed the maneuverability was off, and I was quickly shot down, and then I was kicked for wasting assets

Are the air vehicles (mainly Hueys) in coop mode supposed to be easier to fly? If so, it's very misleading... :sad:

Edit:

yeaikno the jets are supposed to be different in Kashan

yes they are. the normal helos are too hard to fly for the bots, so they had to be tuned down

there should be a couple of helos that the bots never take though, these should have the same properties as multiplayer ones

Jman234
2010-06-25, 04:16
Are Jets the same way?

tommytgun
2010-06-25, 04:42
Are Jets the same way?

yeah jets are exactly the same way in coop. if you notice, they are incredibly fast (A10 can take off in like 50-100m) and really really manuverable.

to me it seems like they made the jets much faster and helicopters much slower in coop than in multiplayer :/

Jman234
2010-06-25, 04:47
yeah jets are exactly the same way in coop. if you notice, they are incredibly fast (A10 can take off in like 50-100m) and really really manuverable.

to me it seems like they made the jets much faster and helicopters much slower in coop than in multiplayer :/

So I've been practicing with the A-10 for like two days now for kinda no reason. :(

Vision_16
2010-06-25, 05:06
They are made that way so that bots can fly them and if you are new to flying, the less rigorous controls are a lot easier to train and get used to flying with. You'll notice the top speed in a Huey (Transport) in Co-Op is about 300-350, while the multiplayer version can go about 600-700, and the controls are a lot more responsive and difficult.

Kill001
2010-06-25, 05:28
So I've been practicing with the A-10 for like two days now for kinda no reason. :(

The ones in the hangar are the multiplayer ones... pretty sure at the moment....

Trooper909
2010-06-25, 06:08
The ones in the hangar are the multiplayer ones... pretty sure at the moment....

Yeah thay are.

Mostly the assets that bots cant get to are "real" ones.

Cant 100% say on the choppers as i never fly on real servers so wouldnt know the difference.Would like a 100% awnser as I want to fly but cant be arsed waiting 10 20mins for choppers to respawn on a local server.

Does this not belong in the single player forum?

Kill001
2010-06-26, 01:57
Huh, if it is, then I suggest moving it (admin/mod decision)

there should be a couple of helos that the bots never take though, these should have the same properties as multiplayer ones

afaik, the bots take all the choppers except for the LB and Venom on Muttrah

haven't tried it yet on Barracuda though (imho the game devs should make a custom skin for the bot aircraft, like put a biga$$ ROFL BOT on the side or something)