PDA

View Full Version : New Bomb Blast Radius.

chrisweb89
2010-04-11, 08:11
Today while spotting on Silent Eagle for the F-16 and A-10 there were multiple instances where the new bomb properties didn't kill a lased target in one hit but only got it smoking bad. I think this was because at the time of impact the target was moving so the bomb and explosion may have been lagging behind but I still think a bomb exploding 10 behind a tank or in one of the cases an AAV should kill the vehicle.

Anyone experinced where a moving lased target only took a bit of damage but was still alive?

xI DIaboLoS Ix
2010-04-29, 04:18
I highly doubt a 500lb bomb dropped from a f-16 could do sevre damage to a MBT if it missed. Your talking about a blast radius correct? Well in a "blast" a shockwave is formed, which unfortunatley is very ineffective against hard targets. You would have to score a direct hit to be succesfuly as most of the explosions energy is directed on to the tank. As in the event of the bomb missing most of the bombs energy disperses away from the tank. Thats why the tank is not killed.

chrisweb89
2010-05-02, 01:07
I'm not sure on the kill distances on armour from bombs so I can't speculate too much on the RL values, but for me a lazed target and that laser guided bomb should hit close enough to kill the target. A week ago I was spotting for the Frog and Mig on kashan, myself and another SL had lased the same tank as the frog came in and dropped the bomb on the stationary tank, the bomb hit and the area was covered with dust so I assumed that the tank was down. Somehow though the Abram drove out of the dust cloud with no damage at all. Again this makes no sense that a bomb hit so close that the shrapnel from the bomb would probably shred the tank and its crew, yet ingame does no damage.

ytman
2010-05-06, 05:14
Today while spotting on Silent Eagle for the F-16 and A-10 there were multiple instances where the new bomb properties didn't kill a lased target in one hit but only got it smoking bad. I think this was because at the time of impact the target was moving so the bomb and explosion may have been lagging behind but I still think a bomb exploding 10 behind a tank or in one of the cases an AAV should kill the vehicle.

Anyone experinced where a moving lased target only took a bit of damage but was still alive?

This has happened twice to my knowledge on the TG servers. Once was Kashan and the other was Silent Eagle.

I never saw the actual bomb strike (should have battle recorded it >_>) but both times the tank was moving out of a near direct hit unscathed. I find this a little difficult to swallow since an arty IED will at least moderately damage a tank within 5 meters.

I figured it was a reg issue.

sakils2
2010-05-11, 13:50
I was operating a M2A2 on TG a while ago. We got lased and "something" was dropped on us. I am not sure what was dropped on us, it might be a bomb or those laser-guided missiles. When that thing hit us we couldn't see crap, everything was black :D. We were smoking quite a bit and decided to go for some repairs at main.

iwillkillyouhun
2010-05-11, 15:13
well i dunno about moving objects... but in the same map we called in for airstrike and at the house flag or whatever it's called people survived the explosion inside the house even from a direct hit ........ that's just ridiculously UNREAL .... i mean how can a stupid house defend you from a 500lb highe xplosive bomb ??