PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Thread.

Sgt_Doctor
2010-04-08, 16:33
Post here your constructive, realistic and realisable suggestions.

And please, read our Design Plan before any suggestion. (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmWsMeRKjVTVdFFaaEhFZnlpVXFEYWZpMW1ZQ2NmR 2c&hl=fr)

Mongolian_dude
2010-04-08, 17:21
In all seriousness, It would be a nice touch for officers to have the characteristic Black shades and beret.

Also, although your design plan specifies otherwise, it would add charm to the team if they used the FN FAL as their main assault rifle alone, not suplimented with AKs (which we see ALLOT of in PR already); perhaps with the Galil for slight variations.

If the Gazelle is still in the works, I would feel it better suited than an EC, as most of thier gear seems to be of the same time period and price range. Seems a bit odd to splash out on your scout helicopter amongst other things.

I demand Fela Kuti memorabilia inside the COs ACV. Infact, play the damn music! Or at the very least, a picture (cant be as much copy right as Tim Hortons, right?)

Spotify: Fela Kuti - Black Man's Cry (http://open.spotify.com/track/3Cm5s6ey01nOEu9lrDJtDa)
Spotify: Fela Kuti - Unknown Soldier (http://open.spotify.com/track/04tBvzWWi4cfrgdS9LEy9x)

...mongol...

Wakain
2010-04-08, 17:34
I find the mat-49 and m14 odd choices, though I like both weapons and would like to see them in pr:V very much, I can't really imagine an african resistance fighter, or for that matter a member of any militia at all, to carry either of those weapons...

happy to see that the fn fal will be included in larger numbers than was originally the plan:)

Hauteclocque
2010-04-08, 17:52
http://s6.tinypic.com/296p2ly.jpg
;)

H.sta
2010-04-08, 18:06
I don't have any objections about the weapons, but i would like to see that red camo :D

ma21212
2010-04-08, 18:44
why take out the M79...? bring it back

162eRI
2010-04-08, 18:44
Choices about the African faction weapons are hard. There are so many countries and so many different weapons used. And we need to be realistic as well.

-Thinking of an African army without the Ak-47 is impossible ! It's the main, if not most important weapon in Africa. In reality, all the kits should have the Ak-47!

-Fn-Fal are used in some countries, mostly for security forces. Congo used the SA58 (Fn-Fal). The G3 is more common and used by many modern units in Africa. Thought, the community wanted the Fn-Fal, so...

-The Mat-49, same as the Fn-Fal. Use by old French colonies and mostly for reservists, ceremonial and security units. It's an outdated weapon. Because of it's shortnes, the Mat 49 is a good idea. But of course, in reality, the Ak-47s is the one used.

-Today you can see more and more often South African R4 assault rifle (copy of the Galil) use in Africa. Galil is a pretty good idea as modern assault weapon for the faction.

-The M14, hard to understand this choice?! Doesn't look like African countries are using it. Scoped versions of the above rifles would be enough. Africa is not famous for its snipers and snipers rifles. They are using what they can have and I don't think most of the African countries make the difference between a marksman and a sniper... since, most of the time, they don't have both! There are far too much scopes in this design plan.

-About the grenade, well... Type 82 is far too modern but it's a good idea because of the Chinese/African partnership. And this grenade is already made. Thought, the Soviet/Chinese F-1 grenade would have been a better choice. And China is selling many Type 69 grenades to Africa, perhaps next time ;)

My suggestions, based on reality and what I've searched for the past African faction design plan, would have been: give them only Ak-47, Ak-47s for the crewman, Galil for the assault forces, G3 for the officer and scopes only for the officer and marksman. For the grenadier, with time, give him a rifle grenade. A different weapon for the marksman (Galil with scope, Fn-Fal with scope, Ak with scope) ... And at last give them the F-1 grenade (and later if we can the Type 69 grenade)

But we have to keep in mind the community needs like for the Fn-Fal and use of scopes!

Cheers

Wakain
2010-04-09, 11:21
Hauteclocque;1316661']http://s6.tinypic.com/296p2ly.jpg
;)

lol I rest my case, but I think it's just as weird as that red camo;)

leaves us with the m14, I fully support 162eRI's suggestion on this

Sgt_Doctor
2010-04-10, 09:20
So :

-M14 will be replaced by a bipod FAL.

-It's not conceivable to get only the FN FAL for the AU/ARF fighters. Africa is the AK country by excellence... But I have tried to get some variety with the weapons.

-M79 : Not playable ATM.

Wakain
2010-04-10, 13:16
sounds good, maybe you could make the alternative kits use the fn fal, and original kits use the ak47, half of the people won't know how to get the fn fal so in the end most people will use the ak

at least it gives people the choice and it gives the faction a little of a rag tag look

Hauteclocque
2010-04-10, 13:19
Not such a bad idea.:smile:

162eRI
2010-04-10, 14:52
100% agree with this idea. I completly forgot about the alternative kits! This way they could get mostly Ak and of course Fn Fal and perhaps G3 ^^ Same with the Mat49 and Ak47s etc etc etc. Very good idea!

-M14 will be replaced by a bipod FAL.
Sounds better ; )

What about the grenade hahaha I don't give up LOL sorry

Wakain
2010-04-10, 18:37
thanks guys, I think this could really add to the ARF experience

hope to see more progress on the ARF in the near future;)

Hauteclocque
2010-04-10, 18:49
Sure there is progress, Sgt_Doctor waits to have a test build to show you in game pics. ;)

BroCop
2010-04-10, 22:43
I noticed that with the change in the comfac the idea of multiple faction have been dropped however I cant seem to find any reason why would you ditch the unconventional forces (ala Somali insurgents)?

* I know this doesnt really belong here however I didnt felt a question like this would warrant an thread of its own

Hauteclocque
2010-04-10, 22:46
There are unconventional forces, the ARF : African Resistance Fighters.
The conventional force being the U.A./A.U.
The ARF would suit perfectly Ramiel for example ;)

BroCop
2010-04-10, 22:50
I see the issue now...its more of a fail on my side. It seems that the lack of mention of the ARF in the design sheet and the lack of the ARF logo (and the fact that I was blinded by the new huge logo :p) in the Design Plan thread pretty much confused me .

Sgt_Doctor
2010-04-11, 07:28
@ CroCop

http://www.myspacecomedy.com/images/funny/ban-hamster.jpg

READ DA SPREADSHEET ! :D

@ Waikin

I don't like this idea. Only the scoped kits have a FN FAL. The other have an AK or a Galil. I mean it's a good compromise between fun and realism. (I'm only talking about the U.A.-A.U. faction, the ARF have a lot of AK.)

@ 162eRI

Good luck. I'm a french stubborn guy too.

162eRI
2010-04-11, 20:46
@ 162eRI
Good luck. I'm a french stubborn guy too.

I know ^^ But when someone shows me references I tend to agree with him. We know... kind of... which grenades they are mostly using and I think I show it several times...

I don't like this idea. Only the scoped kits have a FN FAL. The other have an AK or a Galil. I mean it's a good compromise between fun and realism. (I'm only talking about the U.A.-A.U. faction, the ARF have a lot of AK.)
I agree with you that the African Union should have modern weapons, which is a good compromise between fun and realism. But Waikin's idea is pretty good, it give us more choices and more fun. Players will be able to pick up the weapon he wants. And more over, we are talking about African armies. Said armies which are equiped mostly with Ak but with other weapons as well. The A.U. is an union of different African countries, using different weapons. There is no real ordnance between them. Using the alternative kits is just perfect solution.

Psyko
2010-04-27, 12:48
Im makin N'Djamena. so i want to see technicals with 8 seats including a couple of standing positions in the back leaning over the roof of the pickup with the ability to fire accross the top.

also i'd like the militia to have the ability to build up very large bon-fires as dangerous roadblocks, but tanks need to be able to drive accross them without great risk of damage.

also i want a couple of diverse looking taxis that were pained red or purple by their owners and decorated in tassles and bobbles and crazy stuff.

Imchicken1
2010-05-27, 05:49
How about the Olifant mk 2 MBT?
And im not suggesting it just because it has an amazing name.. ("where the hell's the Olifant?")

Sry if it's already suggested or im not supposed to suggest vehicles
Olifant Mk.2 Main Battle Tank | Military-Today.com (http://www.military-today.com/tanks/olifant_mk2.htm)

=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup
2010-10-23, 14:28
Seing as this is a suggestion thread, one thing id really like to see is the ARF against the AU, on any kind of map.

This would make for a very different style of PR gameplay, simply because the equipment of the factions is a little more old school.

Imagine infantry firefights? With a general lack of scopes the fighting would be a lot closer and maybe intense in a different way.
Just imagine two forces fighting under PR conditions without laser-guided weaponry!

In terms of the realism of these factions combating each other, I dont think it gets closer.
My two cents :)

Keep up the good work!

Wakain
2010-10-23, 18:58
it would give a good taste of what we can expect from the upcoming PR vietnam's combat.(I mean irons only);)

WilsonPL
2010-10-24, 13:40
Cant we use tihs as Fighter Plane? Dassault Mirage F1
http://idf.blacksandstudio.com/images/media/render/2/53_41.jpg

Its used by: Gabon, South Africa, Libya,

GeorgRavioli
2010-11-14, 04:15
I personally hope to see a lot of FN FAL rifles as well as G3's (this is because a lot of soldiers in the Sierra Leonean Army and RUF Rebels used them). And of course, Morpheus with dual MAC-10's :D

Sgt_Doctor
2010-11-14, 08:33
Cant we use tihs as Fighter Plane? Dassault Mirage F1
http://idf.blacksandstudio.com/images/media/render/2/53_41.jpg

Its used by: Gabon, South Africa, Libya,

You fail. :D

This is not a Mirage F1, but a Mirage III.

simeon5541
2011-03-15, 21:07
Suggestions :
I have reed about conflicts in Somalia,and that Somalian forces have brought few Su-25 jets from Ukraine or
some other former USSR country,maybe 4 of them.
And they used them against UN.
Russians teach them to use that jets.

Stealthgato
2011-03-16, 00:19
How about an RPK with a PSO-1 for marksman? Or an M76.

dtacs
2011-03-16, 10:36
How about an RPK with a PSO-1 for marksman
Source that African nations use that?

Or for that matter how an RPK mounts a PSO?

Stealthgato
2011-03-16, 23:46
Source that African nations use that?

Or for that matter how an RPK mounts a PSO?

Doesn't have to be a PSO-1, even though I seen an RPK mounted with one somewhere a while ago (or at least I though it was one) but can't seem to find a single one now, but for scope mounts, here:

AK Optical Brackets and Mounts-Tantal's Source (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstmounts.html) (read MPK2)

As for how they got it, they have a huge black market with all kinds of guns, I don't think a scope mount would be farfetched at all.

dtacs
2011-03-17, 07:03
For African nations custom equipment and attachments is a little out of the question, even scopes on assault rifles and MG's for that matter is pretty unlikely.

simeon5541
2011-06-24, 20:19
If community wants FAL I think it should be main AU weapon with some AKs in mix as a alternate kits,
I think that would be cool to add Romanian AK because it has specific hand-grip.
But I like idea of mixed FALs and AKs,
with bipod FAL with optics and SVD for marksman kit.
But what will Grenadiers with FALs use as a GL ?

Wakain
2011-06-24, 21:10
If community wants FAL I think it should be main AU weapon with some AKs in mix as a alternate kits,
I think that would be cool to add Romanian AK because it has specific hand-grip.
But I like idea of mixed FALs and AKs,
with bipod FAL with optics and SVD for marksman kit.
But what will Grenadiers with FALs use as a GL ?

pr isn't a democracy, what if everyone would like spec ops? or tacticool sidearms with railz and eotechs?

anyway, if I recall correctly, the fn fal will be a secondary weapon for a lot, if not most, kits so don't worry. The grenadier will have the m79 ;)

also, you've been around here long enough to know that you've got to back up suggestions concerning weapons or assets with sources

simeon5541
2011-06-24, 21:47
pr isn't a democracy, what if everyone would like spec ops? or tacticool sidearms with railz and eotechs?
I am not suggesting them FN2000 or AN94 . . .
I just think that mix I suggested is realistic.

LieutenantNessie
2011-07-07, 20:22
IF you're planning to add CAS to the nation how about Rooivalk?

Stemplus
2011-07-08, 17:41
well, i don't think its a good idea, becouse they olny made 12 of them...

ryan d ale
2011-07-09, 21:40
Doesn't have to be a PSO-1, even though I seen an RPK mounted with one somewhere a while ago (or at least I though it was one) but can't seem to find a single one now, but for scope mounts, here:

As for how they got it, they have a huge black market with all kinds of guns, I don't think a scope mount would be farfetched at all.

AFAIK, the PSO1 is calibrated for 7.62x59mm and not x39mm.

simeon5541
2011-08-04, 17:24
For African nations custom equipment and attachments is a little out of the question, even scopes on assault rifles and MG's for that matter is pretty unlikely.
That's right.

simeon5541
2011-08-05, 19:43
Is there someone that thinks like me,
I think that addition of Ukrainian BTR-3 would be nice ?
Or WZ551 with different textures.
I know that some African nations use a lot of both.

http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/body/btr3u.php?menu=m1.php

Sgt_Doctor
2011-08-05, 23:07
The AU has already a heavy APC : the BMP-2.

simeon5541
2011-08-08, 13:25
Sgt_Doctor;1640367']The AU has already a heavy APC : the BMP-2.
Can be there a mix ?
Or different APC for different map ?
I mean WZ would not bring nothing revolutionar to gameplay,
but I think that few African countries uses them in good amount ?
And I bet that it is not so hard to reskin,
even I can do that . . .But it would look shite XD

simeon5541
2011-08-14, 18:59
I have one more suggestion,yes one more . . .
But I think it is good XD
Design plan says AU will use SVD as a precision rifle in Sniper kit,
but that would be stupid cuz no one in PR uses Semi-Automatic sniper rifle in sniper kit,
so I think that AU should use SSGP1 (SSG69),wikipedia says Togo is using it,
or SV-98, yeah,there is no Afr. nation that uses it,but when China can have this,AU can also,
I mean China operates with many Russian weapons,Africans also,so PR team can
make exuse if gives this to Africans :)
Anyway,Austrian one looks as a more realistic option.
Also Black Insurgents can use ''standard'' insurgent rifle from PR in sniper kit - SMILE with optics.
Despite SVD is in my opinion best DMR in PR,
SVD in Sniper kit is not fair to compete with other factions.

Forgotten
2012-07-22, 16:07
I have too one good suggestion.
The support kit : why there is a PKM?
I think it wolud be great if FN MAG will be on standard support kit.
PKM(or HK-21) can be on alternative support kit.

simeon5541
2012-07-24, 18:42
I have too one good suggestion.
The support kit : why there is a PKM?
I think it wolud be great if FN MAG will be on standard support kit.
PKM(or HK-21) can be on alternative support kit.
Personally I would love to see FN MAG as first option in the AR kit and
PKM as a alternative,but I think that PR community don't have MAG model.
HK21 as alternative MG is also good idea,because it is used by many African countries.
But personally I would pick Degtyaryov machine gun as a PKM alternative,
it is available to PR (PR:Vietnam have model),it is in use today in many of African armies
and it have such a crude old school design which would fit very good to AU or ARF.

40mmrain
2012-07-24, 19:03
The FN MAG's model is finished more or less for next patch, actually.

simeon5541
2012-07-25, 01:24
The FN MAG's model is finished more or less for next patch, actually.

Really ?!
Where you did find that information,any picture ?
That are good news then,
it seems that MAG would be AUs primary MG in the end . . .
(according to old design plan,FN MAG was their primary MG,while PKM second)

40mmrain
2012-07-25, 05:30
Some 1.0 weapon updates - Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/8848/b330-some-1-0-weapon-updates.html)

simeon5541
2012-07-25, 15:56
Some 1.0 weapon updates - Project Reality Forums (https://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/8848/b330-some-1-0-weapon-updates.html)

That is indeed good model,
but I think that is American version of MAG,
am I wrong ?

DieVoorJe91
2012-08-13, 21:55
Top one is the FN MAG, bottom one is the M240B.

Phoenixo_Idaho
2012-11-29, 13:22
Dear French friend mate,

Any news about African Union ? Will they show up one day on the battlefield ? :wink:

titsmcgee852
2012-12-05, 01:41
Here is a pretty useful video showing the sorts of terrains and landscapes that you would use on one of these maps :D
Sudan's Forgotten Warriors | VICE News | VICE (http://www.vice.com/en_au/vice-news/sudans-forgotten-warriors)

WhiteRhino
2012-12-05, 10:35
Very interesting video!

ubermensche
2013-01-17, 23:15
So are we gonna see any of the 2 new factions in 1.0?

Hauteclocque
2013-01-18, 00:46
Who knows.

WeeD-KilleR
2013-01-18, 01:33
Hauteclocque;1855417']Who knows.

probably you, the other devs, the tester team...

simeon5541
2013-01-18, 18:33
It seems that I will eat my own ball sack if at least one of these two factions
(Conventional one especially) wouldn't be included in 1.0.
I feel very bad every time when i think that I didn't had some way to help in developing of these two :(

Amok@ndy
2013-01-19, 07:14
all developer of this faction dissappeared .. just sayin

Trek762
2013-02-02, 19:47
I've got a couple of suggestions:

AU:
- It should use western or south african weaponry (e.g. FN FAL, HK G3A3)
- AU would use some imported european vehicles, especially french (like SA330L Puma, Alouette III, Panhard AML, SA342 Gazelle), south african (Olifant tank, Buffel APC) or british (Land Rover), maybe from some other countries (like Super Hinds);
- Uniforms should look simple and light. Maybe some basic PASGT equipment with a khaki or disruptive camo (maybe Rhodesian Pattern) uniform.

That's all for now, folks. I think I could draw some concepts and post them here, but it may take some time.

(I know the devs are gone, but I'm writing this just in case)

Forgotten
2013-02-09, 09:37
As I said time ago - the best weapon for Machine Gunner is FN Mag as standard and HK-21 as alternative.. For Automatic Rifleman the best weapon is RPD(good to see in Vietnam) and for alternative RPK. PKM is in all unconventional armies here and in some conventional and, the most important thing - it isn't known in Black Land like FN MAG or HK-21. We can use HK-21 vanila model. FN MAG model is done, RPK too.