PDA

View Full Version : Other Current SP work

Hans Martin Slayer
2010-03-30, 21:36
Hey fellas,

It's about time we show you some of our current WIP stuff, don't you think we've been lazy now that SP is integrated!

We've got way more in the pipe, but these pics will do for now.

Some are taken from upcomming 0.9 maps we're navmeshing and tweaking for SP at the moment, some are taken from an upcomming mappack to give you all some more battlegrounds for COOP/SP.

The mappack will contain about 8 - 10 maps, reaching from retired PR classics like 7 Gates and the mighty Hills of Hamgyong to EF maps like Op Harvest and Op Roadrage.

Expect another update on this project quite soon.

- the PR SP team

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture787.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture788.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture789.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture791.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture790.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture793.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture792.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture794.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture795.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture796.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture797.jpg

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/8150-albums71-picture798.jpg

P.S.: Big credits go out to [R-CON]Outlawz who has been working very hard on navmeshing and converting maps for PR SP during the last months - keep up the great work!

Sniper77shot
2010-03-30, 21:43
Yes finally!

Looking good, I have a question will you guys ever release a community map pack because some of the community maps are really good. It would be nice because if an official map pack with them was released they might be played on servers, it seems like they are left out.

Love Beirut know I can play it in singleplayer, Operation road rage looks great a huge improvement from vbf2.

Peeta
2010-03-30, 22:19
Nice, good stuff!

Redamare
2010-03-30, 22:30
HHAHA YAY i love it ... PRSP COOP is actualy pretty fun when you dont feel like being serious :) and how to feem more and more lazy than to play PR on a BF2 map :D lolol makes you just feel .... special

jozi02
2010-03-30, 22:51
HoH without fog? Madness!!!

Hans Martin Slayer
2010-03-30, 23:03
HoH without fog? Madness!!!

Fog distance is still at 390 metres. ;-)

@Sniper77shot

That's a different topic.

Usually, community maps don't have SP support and we're concentrating on getting the PR maps ingame. That's already enough work, trust me.

I'm happy to get community made maps into a mappack if they'd have SP support, but unless it's a really really well made map, we're not going to add a navmesh ourselves.

Wakain
2010-03-31, 00:29
comrade prsp manager, you have made me very happy today, know you have my sincere gratitude:)

[uBp]Irish
2010-03-31, 02:53
HoH was such a great map. Sucked if you had a horrible british team, but man I remember some good fights.

Kill001
2010-03-31, 02:56
I'm excited :D

time to target practice with bots who shoot back at you with precision accuracy while running :)

bloodthirsty_viking
2010-03-31, 03:02
I'm excited :D

time to target practice with bots who shoot back at you with precision accuracy while running :)

that teaches you valuble lessons to play with in pr =P

Smiddey723
2010-03-31, 08:18
OMG looks great. I have always wanted to try out vBF2 maps in PR and try some of the classic maps before 0.8. Great job guys keep it up

Maxfragg
2010-03-31, 10:11
why do the AF (not EF btw) Maps remind me of CoD MW2 ?, nice one anyway, but i think the strikers on Harvest should be green, not sandcolored. Who will USA fight against on the AF maps, russia?

usmcguy
2010-03-31, 11:53
man i cant waiit! so are you converting all the mp maps? like fallujha korengal and karbala?

Panzerfire
2010-03-31, 12:06
Nice. I'll be looking forward to this. Namely because I already got a bit tired from the current SP maps.

Due to a poor quality wi-fi link with my router, I get a lot of game-killing lag so I sadly can't join in Online matches. :sad:

Outlawz7
2010-03-31, 12:22
why do the AF (not EF btw) Maps remind me of CoD MW2 ?,

It's a homage, though it's more towards Red Dawn than MW2. ;)

nice one anyway, but i think the strikers on Roadrage should be green, not sandcolored

Fixed, and the woodland camo stands out too much compared to the surroundings, though if you do mind, then I'll change.

Who will USA fight against on the AF maps, russia?

Yes.

GuiGunsPT
2010-03-31, 12:25
I have one question, just for curiosity. Why do you have to "rework" on the maps from version to version?
It sounds frustrating to navmesh the same maps all the time, and it's also sad that when we already have a big number of maps a new version of PR is released.
Is the Black Hawk Down map integrated in the 0.9 COOP? It was an amazing map.
I'm waiting for my new laptop and for the first time in my life I will be able to play PR with all settings on high. Then I will give my feedback. :smile:

Panzerfire
2010-03-31, 12:25
You guys could really start working on some original PR maps based on US cities and regions. ;) Something different from the usual middle eastern, east european and asian maps. But it's just a suggestion.

Outlawz7
2010-03-31, 12:34
I have one question, just for curiosity. Why do you have to "rework" on the maps from version to version?

We don't, they get changed and we have to redo them, for example Fallujah got a rework for 0.9 so it needed a new navmesh, Beirut is obviously a new map and so on.

Is the Black Hawk Down map integrated in the 0.9 COOP? It was an amazing map.

It's not an official map, but I think it will probably get included, too.

Zimmer
2010-03-31, 13:16
Hills of hamgyong will be an epic reunion :)

Maxfragg
2010-03-31, 14:11
Outlawz;1309016']It's a homage, though it's more towards Red Dawn than MW2. ;)

Fixed, and the woodland camo stands out too much compared to the surroundings, though if you do mind, then I'll change.

Yes.

thanks for reply, and i guess i will try both camos by my self after release

Gore
2010-03-31, 14:24
are you considering more old maps in the future?

PatrickLA_CA
2010-03-31, 15:17
looks good, but isn't it an april's day fool :D:D:D:D

Maxfragg
2010-03-31, 15:23
why should it be, its not april 1. yet (at least not where i live

Sniper77shot
2010-03-31, 21:34
Hans Martin Slayer;1308657']Fog distance is still at 390 metres. ;-)

@Sniper77shot

That's a different topic.

Usually, community maps don't have SP support and we're concentrating on getting the PR maps ingame. That's already enough work, trust me.

I'm happy to get community made maps into a mappack if they'd have SP support, but unless it's a really really well made map, we're not going to add a navmesh ourselves.

Okay thanks.

GuiGunsPT
2010-04-05, 17:34
Hi. I have a list of maps that would be great for PRSP, a lot of them are used in other mods like Nations at War, but their are available for everyone in some sites.
If I post some pics of them with a little description will you be available to release them for PR, at least some of them? They already have Coop support and they are working without bugs.

Panzerfire
2010-04-05, 18:03
I think the Devs are not going to support that idea GuiGunsPT. If there are any good maps up to PR standards they would need first permission from the original mappers before messing with them.

But that's my opinion.

BTW guys, Can you elighten us a bit about the number of maps?

I mean... you're talking about 8 to 10 maps. Does that mean like 8-10 different maps with some of them having different battlefield sizes(making the number of playable scenarios higher than 10)?
Or we'll be seeing less than 8 different maps with some of the having two or more different sizes (Totalling the expected number of 8-10)?

Outlawz7
2010-04-06, 05:29
Well no one ever plays smaller/alternate sizes, even if there is one everyone will run the largest because it has Apaches on and stuff like that.
All of the maps from my side have only one gamemode size because of that and also because they're pretty small in PR terms already.

Wakain
2010-04-06, 10:28
that's of course only true on coop servers, but I, for one, sometimes play singleplayer(on a local server) and I appreciate the smaller maps more(due to lack of vehicles)

Hans Martin Slayer
2010-04-06, 11:15
Yeah, 8 - 10 maps = 8 -10 different maps.

ingo
2010-04-06, 12:34
YES YES YES!!!! thank god new maps :) you guys rock.

Panzerfire
2010-04-06, 13:26
Outlawz;1314193']Well no one ever plays smaller/alternate sizes, even if there is one everyone will run the largest because it has Apaches on and stuff like that.
All of the maps from my side have only one gamemode size because of that and also because they're pretty small in PR terms already.

Hey I do! Just the other day I was having fun playing in Ramiel against Bots and I decided to charge in with the Bayonet attached to the M4 while screaming "LLEEEEEEROOOOOOOYYYYYY JENKINSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!111!!!1!". Freacking hilarious. :lol:
Small size combats are fun. I'm kind of getting tired of the super-large maps that are strictly vehicle warfare and when I end up having my vehicle too damaged to continue, I have to commit suicide to get back into battle because it's shorter to kill yourself and re-spawn than to walk-run 1 Km to the nearest allied control point that has vehicles available.

But meh that's just me.

Hans Martin Slayer;1314339']Yeah, 8 - 10 maps = 8 -10 different maps.

Woot! Can't wait!

Outlawz7
2010-04-06, 13:42
Well small sizes aren't that hard to do either, so I guess I'll add some then, thanks for the feedback. :)

Panzerfire
2010-04-06, 14:00
Hmmm... No problem. I was just telling one of the pros of small combat maps. Just a couple of 'em would be great enough. :)

Wakain
2010-04-06, 15:08
Outlawz;1314443']Well small sizes aren't that hard to do either, so I guess I'll add some then, thanks for the feedback. :)

thanks in advance!:)

GuiGunsPT
2010-04-06, 17:19
I'm just another one who loves inf maps.
Maps like "Black Hawk Down", "Operation Phoenix" could give us lots of fun.
The maps I was talking about that you should add are maps like that and only for coop, because that way people would also be able to play them only with bots, there would be no problem with the lack of human players.
And I just insist on this because I getting really addicted, :razz:

frank_beans
2010-04-06, 18:52
please add the skirmish mode as 16 player size for all pr maps. it would be greatly appreciated.

CCCode
2010-04-10, 12:20
Op. Harvest PR-ified would be totaly awesome! :D

Maxfragg
2010-04-10, 12:26
@frank_beans agree, i still prefer inf only combat agianst the bots, since thats, what they are good at, so all scirmish layers in SP would be awesome, since PR0.91 is out, any new word about the SP Pack?

Sniper77shot
2010-04-11, 16:03
I have another question, is this going to be like a PR:SP extension map pack, will there be different kit variants because the current sp is ruined because the kit settings are for training what doesn't make it fun any more.

ingo
2010-04-12, 20:51
what sniper said :P also now that you changed the kit layout the taliban don't have rpg's anymore on COOP and it makes it too easy for the canadians :P

Wakain
2010-04-12, 21:39
what sniper said :P also now that you changed the kit layout the taliban don't have rpg's anymore on COOP and it makes it too easy for the canadians :P

bots never relied on the explosive force of the rpg, or the tactical advantage of large explosives in general, instead they put their hope in waves of technicals with invisible shields on it;)(perhaps bulletproof glass box like the pope has?)

I'm always surprised by the bot technical rush on operation archer, in the first 5 min you can only hope you can keep the vehicle outpost to keep reinforcements coming in, today I failed at that and after a heroic one man defense the canadians lost without capturing one CP:p

Iron_Golem
2010-04-15, 00:10
Will you be adding the Great Britan Version of Kashan Desert that was released in the last mappack (.87) or is it still compatible with 0.9? And if not will the other maps (Helmut, The Rickroll one :P) be added too?

Sniper77shot
2010-04-15, 01:00
Do you guys have a 0.91 object spawner list coming out soon because I have been waiting for a while for converting maps but I think some of the spawners changed because I am converting "Strike at Karkand" but it crashes at 14% in objects. Sorry for going off topic so now I will go back on track.

I am having trouble making the map "Desert rats" but will you have updates for this map pack so people who enjoy single player can continue to play. I used to play multiplayer until 0.9 came out, my ping sky rocketed from 100 to 500 on avrege. :( O well all summer I played single player battlefield 2. I prefer single player as you can modify it.

Hans and outlaw you really know how to cheer up the single player fans. Just love the strykers on the armoured fury maps. I think this will be the best map pack for project reality to date. You guys have done a phenomenal job on this map pack.

In the next few months I would like to learn how to navmesh could you give me a few pointers on navmeshing?

Outlawz7
2010-04-15, 04:08
Will you be adding the Great Britan Version of Kashan Desert that was released in the last mappack (.87) or is it still compatible with 0.9? And if not will the other maps (Helmut, The Rickroll one :P) be added too?

Desert Rats is in, Helmand is in, Op Outlaw (the rickroll one) is out because of a ground material bug which was already present on the 0.87 version, but no one probably noticed it.

All that the bug did was inflict damage on vehicles for some reason, we're guessing we would just need a map files resave, but the editor files are long gone and its really annoying to see technicals catch on fire before you barely get anywhere with them.

In the next few months I would like to learn how to navmesh could you give me a few pointers on navmeshing?

Start here:
http://bf2.e-plaza.de/index.htm

And editing in 3ds Max here:
Basic Navmesh Editing In 3ds Max 9 - Official BF Editor Forums (http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13991)

Iron_Golem
2010-04-15, 07:45
Desert Rats is in, Helmand is in, Op Outlaw (the rickroll one) is out because of a ground material bug which was already present on the 0.87 version, but no one probably noticed it.

All that the bug did was inflict damage on vehicles for some reason, we're guessing we would just need a map files resave, but the editor files are long gone and its really annoying to see technicals catch on fire before you barely get anywhere with them.

Great news with the first two, I look forward to getting LAN up and bombing MEC in the Tornado with my friend in Desert rats. Pity about Operation Outlaw, but I guess that's why I never see many Technicals.

Sniper77shot
2010-04-15, 20:45
Thank you outlawz.

Dukuu_npanop
2010-04-18, 14:46
Sometimes bots want to use pistols, but they pick out shovel instead. It seems sometimes disappointing while in previous versions there were no bugs like that. For example in 0.8 everything was all right, bots even used artillery support and so on. Will you fix it? I mean bug with shovel...

Dukuu_npanop
2010-04-18, 14:49
Fools Road Day 2 was a great map (RF vs Chechens), will you add it in next versions? or will you add some warfare SP maps with Rus. Army?

Wakain
2010-04-18, 14:56
beirut and I believe silent eagle too were announced for sp, both have russian forces:)

DevilDog812
2010-04-18, 16:09
It seems sometimes disappointing while in previous versions there were no bugs like that. For example in 0.8 everything was all right, bots even used artillery support and so on.

that is a result of the latest bf2 patch. they made it so bots couldnt use artillery because if a person was somewhere they couldnt reach, like up a ladder, they would automatically launch artillery on him

Outlawz7
2010-04-18, 16:21
they made it so bots couldnt use artillery because if a person was somewhere they couldnt reach, like up a ladder, they would automatically launch artillery on him

No, it wasn't made that way, someone screwed it up, because you can't request anything from AI commanders in vBF2 and becoming SL of a bot squad is also screwed up.

Wakain
2010-04-18, 17:12
that is a result of the latest bf2 patch. they made it so bots couldnt use artillery because if a person was somewhere they couldnt reach, like up a ladder, they would automatically launch artillery on him

now they just spam grenades 'till you're off the roof

kablo00
2010-04-20, 08:49
yeahh better games battlefield 2 project reality mod sinle player core dua voovov kala ma

myles
2010-04-21, 16:13
is that a new map?

Sir frags alot
2010-04-24, 11:51
Is this going to be a map pack or will it be released with a PR update?

Outlawz7
2010-04-24, 18:27
Standalone release for the map pack, Co-Op support for official maps will be shipped with a patch.

USMC scout sniper
2010-04-24, 19:21
Project Reality needs more USMC single player maps.There's only 3 as of now.I love the USMC,but now I can't be my favorite faction.The 3 maps they have now,you can't find any bots.I like Falluja!WHAAAAA!

Charliesierra-RCR
2010-04-24, 20:55
Do we know any dates for the map pack release? Im hoping for before my deployment so i got something to do in the sandbox

Outlawz7
2010-04-25, 15:14
Do we know any dates for the map pack release? Im hoping for before my deployment so i got something to do in the sandbox

When its done, as always, but should be soon.

Also edited my previous post.

Outlawz;1330064']Standalone release for the map pack, Co-Op support for official maps will be shipped with a patch.

Kingslayer
2010-04-25, 20:49
great news, can't wait!!:D

just one question, there will be more maps with the canadian/IDF factions? because there are only 2 maps with canadians(actually 1 map two sizes) and 1 map with IDF:(

Wakain
2010-04-26, 11:21
welcome to the forums kingslayer,
in regard to your question: you could've read that eventually coop support will be granted for official 0.9 maps, those might or might not include yamalia, gaza strip and beirut
I believe gaza and beirut were confirmed, I'm not entirely sure about yamalia but let's hope;)

iwillkillyouhun
2010-04-26, 15:44
good stuff ZOMG :D

Smiddey723
2010-04-27, 15:30
Project Reality needs more USMC single player maps.There's only 3 as of now.I love the USMC,but now I can't be my favorite faction.The 3 maps they have now,you can't find any bots.I like Falluja!WHAAAAA!

What do you mean ONLY 3 most of the other factions have just 2 or 3. Besides America has 2 factions which are near enough the same equipment wise

Sir frags alot
2010-04-29, 23:12
Is it still going to be 8-10 maps or are there going to be a few more.

Also is there a list of all the maps going to be put in

StiffyMagnum
2010-05-26, 07:34
nice job guys!