PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity

Paladin Necroman
2010-01-27, 05:24
Hello, DEVS, do you guys has gotten any idea on the map load music?
That's something cool to imagine lol. I can't imagine what you have in mind or what would you have for idea for a composition.

Borisbr
2010-01-27, 21:32
Not yet. For now we are focused on the models, textures, maps... The intro music is really low on our priority list, but we are tho, starting to test the in-game audio for the commander, SL and soldier. As soon as we get something done, we are gonna post it here.

Paladin Necroman
2010-01-31, 21:21
can't wait to see what the voices gonna sound like

Wilkinson
2010-02-01, 00:42
By any chance could you guys get some spanish voices done. For the FARC and Venezuelan Forces . :)

zenrique
2010-02-01, 01:19
Heh, let's put some Samba as the map loading music... :D j/k!

BTW i'd find it hard for us to make the spanish voices, AFAIK noone in the project speaks fluent spanish. The guys from argentina/chile/venezuela could help us here.

Anhkhoa
2010-02-01, 01:23
zenrique;1249452']Heh, let's put some Samba as the map loading music... :D j/k!

BTW i'd find it hard for us to make the spanish voices, AFAIK noone in the project speaks fluent spanish. The guys from argentina/chile/venezuela could help us here.

Would it not be Spanish and Portuguese? as the Brazilians are part of the project.

Wilkinson
2010-02-01, 03:07
Would it not be Spanish and Portuguese? as the Brazilians are part of the project.

This is the Brazilian Project.
We need to get Spanish and Portguese. So you are correct.
They have started Portguese voices.

To Zenrique, We're going to need them anyway. The FARC I'd expect to speak Spanish, Unless there is point to differ?

Borisbr
2010-02-01, 03:17
We do have some argentinians that already agreed to do the spanish voices, dont worry.

FelipeFR
2010-02-02, 16:49
We do have some argentinians that already agreed to do the spanish voices, dont worry.

That's good to hear.

cagumelo
2010-02-02, 17:08
a Samba would be very nice! or a Bossa nova, mpb! It could be (my opnion) "Garota de Ipanema" or "Brasileirinho" 2 musics that realu look likes brazilian face, but totaly away from PR musics

victor_phx
2010-02-02, 18:27
a Samba would be very nice! or a Bossa nova, mpb! It could be (my opnion) "Garota de Ipanema" or "Brasileirinho" 2 musics that realu look likes brazilian face, but totaly away from PR musics

It's a joke, right? I'd rather listen to the traditional "jungle action" theme Alkali or other talented composer hopefully will provide.

About the voices: I wonder if there's a difference between Venezuelan and Argentinean accents? I apologize for the dumb questioning, but I don't know much Spanish.

Borisbr
2010-02-02, 20:05

We would need copyright use for that, I really doubt we can get it.

About the voices: I wonder if there's a difference between Venezuelan and Argentinean accents? I apologize for the dumb questioning, but I don't know much Spanish.

There probably is, but thats the only spanish speaking source that we have right now. But I dont think theres a huge difference, pherhaps we can get a columbian or a venezuelan to help us out?

Black/Brunez
2010-02-02, 21:25

Well, a remixed version of these musics It´s possible to get a good result.

I wonder if there's a difference between Venezuelan and Argentinean accents? I apologize for the dumb questioning, but I don't know much Spanish.

I believe that there is just some differences. But Brazil (and even USA) have different accents. So, the Argentineans can to make the job.

Salmonella
2010-02-02, 23:16
I really don't think Samba or MPB will fit into the "atmosphere" of the mod. Remember Amazon, not Rio.
Some ethnic TUPI war songs its way better, buuuut this is by far the bottom priority right now.

Furthermore, all music are copyrighted, so we(or the soundtrack team) must compose something.

About the voices, I don't speak a single word in Spanish but I notice Argentineans speaking way faster and less vocalized than the few references I have from Colombians, I think due the greater Indian influence of the last one, buuut, if we don't find any Colombian to do the voicing we must rely on the Argentinean Community to help us.

Exec
2010-02-03, 01:18
Some ethnic TUPI war songs its way better, buuuut this is by far the bottom priority right now.

IMO Tupi songs would fit perfectly, but samba and mpb would be awful.

Wilkinson
2010-02-03, 01:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1NDuNoFvw

Hmm interesting.

Black/Brunez
2010-02-03, 12:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1NDuNoFvw

Hmm interesting.

Well, this song looks like a "Everybody is happy here :D ". I think that it don´t fits very well on a war game. If remixed, perhaps...

Paladin Necroman
2010-02-03, 20:42
You guys should take a look at this one. I know this group, very interesting and involving, though it has "happy parts" it has a deep atmosphere. I think you could mix up something based on that or take from it.

And it's got a good quality compared to these kind of song groups. it's famous, known worldwide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWgxj45_wAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7RM6TxQrcc
these 2 in particular are very cool, i have the studio version of the second one and several others if'd u need em. I have another cool one with some sort of dramatic, deep, atmosphere here that i could't find in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtoB2yMhyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0o4bw-T5TY&feature=related

I think the indian chant of the first song would feel awesome and dramatic lmao!

FPaiva
2010-02-03, 21:06
The main problem on the mixups is the copright of the songs (if i wrote it wrong, i apologize, i don't know the grammar on that word =P)

Hauteclocque
2010-02-03, 21:11
If the songs are enough old, you have the right to use them, I don't remember how many years it is.

Imagine that the Beattles will be free of rights in few years...:razz:

cagumelo
2010-02-03, 21:33
Yeah i thoght about the copyright before, but are 2 songs that I like and are realy brasilian, but like I said no one has never used anything like that on PR.

anyway, I have a group its not that big deal but we make a good sound, we could do some songs and show you guys, as it is not high priority i can talk with then and give an answer to you later. I have very good musical taste not those emo songs that they sing today so don't worry.

Paladin Necroman
2010-02-03, 21:41
I think some of these famous songs songs are free of copyright, i think it's "public domain", but i think the ones u said are out of context.

victor_phx
2010-02-04, 16:54
Hauteclocque;1253523']If the songs are enough old, you have the right to use them, I don't remember how many years it is.

Imagine that the Beattles will be free of rights in few years...:razz:

It's 70 years after the author dies in most places, as far as I know. But it varies from one country to another. So, it might take a while for the Beatles' material to become free of rights!

Yeah i thoght about the copyright before, but are 2 songs that I like and are realy brasilian, but like I said no one has never used anything like that on PR.

anyway, I have a group its not that big deal but we make a good sound, we could do some songs and show you guys, as it is not high priority i can talk with then and give an answer to you later. I have very good musical taste not those emo songs that they sing today so don't worry.

What exactly is "very good musical taste"? As you said, yourself, it's a matter of taste; something "very good" to you could be something awful to someone else. Why not keep it neutral as it's always been in PR and have the traditional - but awesome - suspenseful action, movie-based themes?

I, for one, love the soundtrack for Project Reality. It's really inspiring to play after listening to those loading songs. Well, my point is: we already have music providers and the music the Devs want, I suppose, are all standardized. This is probably one of the lowest things in the list of priorities and I don't actually believe it's necessary, or even possible for this faction to make it's own music into the game.

But, hey, that's me. Maybe someone else would agree with the idea.

Paladin Necroman
2010-02-05, 00:40
No, every faction/team has it's own music.

Easterling
2010-02-05, 17:01
I WOudl Like Rap Das Armas XD

Love the movie...

Good job guys with faction.... You could be fighting Argentina in a near future(In PR, not in RL)

Black/Brunez
2010-02-05, 18:44
I WOudl Like Rap Das Armas XD

Love the movie...

Good job guys with faction.... You could be fighting Argentina in a near future(In PR, not in RL)

1. I know that you was just kidding (or no :confused: ), but they can´t to add musics with copyrights
2. Sorry, but I believe that will not have fights between Brazil and Argentina. Basically, they are allies countries, mainly economically. Just on the soccer we are rivals XD.

Easterling
2010-02-09, 18:14
1. I know that you was just kidding (or no :confused: ), but they can´t to add musics with copyrights
2. Sorry, but I believe that will not have fights between Brazil and Argentina. Basically, they are allies countries, mainly economically. Just on the soccer we are rivals XD.

yes I was kidding.

But imagine Arg vs. Brazil in PR?? it would be fun... not real but fun.

And PR is not about real conflicts is about possible conflicts, although ours is impossible.

PS: We are better in football :D

FPaiva
2010-02-09, 18:24
As the discussion is going offtopic and most of this have been discussed and done sometime ago i'm closing the thread

Closed