PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for Commanders

Isnor
2009-12-16, 18:57
The only thing that I have not been able to grasp is the wait time to place markers - What was the reasoning behind this feature?

killonsight95
2009-12-16, 19:34
isn't it something that hardcoded if not its probs because it takes time to relay things from battlefield to commander and back again and to repreent this they did that?

Isnor
2009-12-16, 20:30
If it was to represent the flow of communication between squad leaders and the commander, I believe it would be on par if not close to the flow of VoIP, would it not?

i'm just curious as to the reasoning behind it, as i find it can sometimes be a real pain.

Rudd
2009-12-16, 20:32
the 1.5 patch introduced a limit to the marker thing for 60seconds per marker iirc.

afaik this is a defence against people trying to crash servers by placing a multitude of markers.

This was a change by teh people at DICE and had good reasoning behind it, and I can only hope the DEVs find a workaround for PRs purposes.

Herbiie
2009-12-16, 21:02
Rudd;1209654']the 1.5 patch introduced a limit to the marker thing for 60seconds per marker iirc.

afaik this is a defence against people trying to crash servers by placing a multitude of markers.

This was a change by teh people at DICE and had good reasoning behind it, and I can only hope the DEVs find a workaround for PRs purposes.

IIRC it was because the Marker replaces the vehicle drop, which has been hardcoded by DICE (In Their Ultimate wisdom) to at least a 60 sec. interval between drops.

It's not what the DEVs want anywho ;)

Isnor
2009-12-16, 21:14
I really hope the Devs can find a work around to this, i find it really limits what information the commander can place, on top of this "deleting" a marker counts as placing one also, so its just a loose loose situation for the commander...

I can't post in the suggestion forums yet, but another thing i'd like to see is the commander's UAV on the map (when you are the commander) so you can get a general idea of where you are at and where you're going... Off topic, but just thought i'd add that in for the sake of it.

Heskey
2010-02-08, 02:23
Haha, I thought it was to stop people drawing swastikkas on the map xD