PDA

View Full Version : [Spawn System] Para-troopers

Salmonella
2009-12-02, 00:56
This should been part of the main faction proposal but we thought better to delay the announcement of how its gonna work, I think now it’s the time.

The main idea is Auto piloted Air Transport with spawn Point on its cargo bay. We've tested several different ways of doing the thing, and discussed many other possibilities. So we get 3 viable ways.

1-The commander sets the starting position, and the plane starts a small radius flyover
mfaL7xOxaFA
2- The plane is full time up and makes a full map circle flyover.
dXDO21UU5LU
3- The plane starts randomly at a corner of the map and makes a straight line flyover
sorry no video.

Known Issues

Making the plane self-destruct at the end of time/map will kill everyone inside.
Making the plane Player Controllable will bring up tons of teamplay and gameplay issues.
The plane must fly in constant altitude and velocity of ~300km/h

We want suggestions, critics and whatever idea you may think it’s gonna help.

Before someone asks,
No, that plane it’s not finished, neither that map.
No, we not gonna bring vBF2 UAV back.
Yes, Brazilian troops in Amazon do parachuting

Anhkhoa
2009-12-02, 01:09
Option 1 seems good, as you would have to reliant on a commander. You want to actually get somewhere in the game? Someone command. That gives us more commanders to games played.

However, the plane should be worth tickets as its big, heavy, and is carrying supplies/troops. Making it self destruct at the end of the flying time would be wasting ~10 odd tickets.

The speed is going to be a problem, shooting at the troops is easy, if the plane is flying so low but if you raise the altitude of the jump to 200-300 meters (metres) above cloud level, that would work.

HughJass
2009-12-02, 04:33
really cool.

2 would be ideal as the map should be based around the paradrop.

maybe there is a way to only allow a certain amount of spawns (like 32 or so) until the spawn becomes red and waits about 10 seconds to self destruct (or whatever)

eenis
2009-12-02, 06:53
could you make it do circles, but have the circles send it towards a map edge? so that when it gets close to the edge, no one wants to spawn and also it will just sit out there so it doesnt loose points?

MonkeySoldier
2009-12-02, 07:30
Is there going to be a new parachute model, or are the Brazilian forces also using that sort of parachute? Good job, btw.:p

Amok@ndy
2009-12-02, 07:33
for N°3 have a look at OPK

Bob_Marley
2009-12-02, 08:45
Sounds good. Option 2 or 3 seem the best to me.

Other than that, can't wait to rock it Fireforce style! :D

162eRI
2009-12-02, 08:45
The three are good in different ways. Perhaps you could have at the beginning of the map the number 2 or 3 (they are similar, one doing circle, the other straight lines). After your team get an objective, the spawn get red and plane self destroy (so nobody killed inside, like suggested HughJass), and then you have to use number 1 to ask the commander for new droops!

By they way, be careful with the plane (C-130?), I'm not sure, but I think it have already been made by an other faction or mod. I know you prefer to make everything, but if it can spare you some of your time and efforts ;)

Good luck, you are from far my favorite faction!!!

Bonsai
2009-12-02, 11:04
1 - if you want it to be a tactical tool. The CO can overlook the map and decide where to deploy his troops. As reinforcements into a hot zone or maybe stealthy behind enemy lines?

2 -if you want to simply have a "new" and cool spawning feature. (Everybody will know the good landing spots within a short time anyways if you have the same flightpath all the time..)

sylent/shooter
2009-12-02, 11:38
Ya good point. I see a problem with it getting shot at really quickly if it flys that low.

Don't forget parachutes only open 300 m safely so have a drop at 500 m. But only the pilot has a parachute so are u going to make a parajumper class?

If u drop at 500m then people won't know where they will land as much b/c of fog of war

arjan
2009-12-02, 12:49
i really hope you guys gonna remove the current parachute model, and make the canopy or rounded chute.
http://selmaleung.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/round-parachute.jpg

This parachute is steerable but only just a little to adjust.
Would be a nice addition to plan youre landingzone more properly.

Priby
2009-12-02, 13:20
You should talk to Rhino about it. They might have something hidden in that secret room where they keep the fastropes.

Rhino;700853']Just to let you guys know I've talked with marconelnk, who is now a R-CON about my ideas of better ways than having a static plane, although we are not going to tell you what thous concepts are yet since most of it is theory thou should work with any luck, this is what he had to say to it :)

so just to let you guys know, we are planning something much cooler, funner and better for game play as well as much more realistic ;)

BloodBane611
2009-12-02, 14:37
This looks fantastic, I love it! I would vote for option 2 or 3, because having to rely on the commander will not convince people to go commander for a whole map. Something like what happens with area attack now will probably happen, where some SL goes commander and then returns to his squad after ordering it.

You should talk to Rhino about it. They might have something hidden in that secret room where they keep the fastropes.

Yeah, that room may have awesomeness in it. Good idea to check it out, I've heard something about a C-130 on the community forums in the past.

ma21212
2009-12-02, 15:41
that be aowsome if you guys acctualy use it

Hfett
2009-12-02, 15:50
This is totaly awesome

Rhino
2009-12-02, 15:55
nice work guys, OPK has had a system like this for some time which many people are not actually aware of hehe and always has been our plan to do something very similar like this ;)

EDIT: You should talk to Rhino about it. They might have something hidden in that secret room where they keep the fastropes.

hehe, ye it's basically the same as this, why I always hated "static planes" in the sky they where just so cheap :p

Salmonella
2009-12-02, 16:07
Rhino;1197052']nice work guys, OPK has had a system like this for some time which many people are not actually aware of hehe and always has been our plan to do something very similar like this ;)

EDIT:

hehe, ye it's basically the same as this, why I always hated "static planes" in the sky they where just so cheap :p

thanks to the feedback, I’m really not aware of any developing of something similar, since I’m not member of the Dev groups.
I just search about parachutes an c130, and I didn't found why not to use it on our faction, since it’s the only that actually employ C130 and parachuting for real missions.
In fact, I did not started a thread on general suggestions cause its not a general tactic.

About the feature itself, what the status of yours development?

ma21212
2009-12-02, 16:09
wait i thought Devs hated paratrooperz?...so this might acctualy be possible?

cagumelo
2009-12-02, 17:02
Hey guys!
My favorite was the first but it has a problem. Ifh we have no commander who would put the paratoopers?
And the idea of exploding the plane is terrible.
In my opinion it should apear in 5 to 5 minutes ( or something like that, on that way people would have to wait 5 minutes until the paradrop to respaw again and would take care), but the plane should not explode, just desapear, like if it is comming back to get morre troops, and he should be able to drop suplys and bombs (didn't liked this last idea just said to change the artilerry but it can be possible I guess)
Or if the team has COMMANDER the plane flys over the map in a predeterminade route (or not) by the commander, and he stays in the plane all the time (as playing as commander), so he can look down like in the UAV, and if a squad got killed you can get in the plane and say to the comander where would you want to go and jump there, and if you need suplys you could wait the plane to drop it to you (never preciousily I guess) or a choper

Well those are my opinions

WelshManDan
2009-12-02, 17:27
Personally, I prefer number 2, make it circle the map, or maybe even have 2 planes circling.

IMO it makes the game a lot more realistic, as im sure a Jet (first video) wouldnt go that slowly, and in number 2 you actually sat on the back end of the Plane, so it makes it a lot more realistic.

Tirak
2009-12-02, 17:32
I'd prefer to see a combination of one and two. Give the CO the option of deploying a smaller paradrop plane and also have "static" spawn planes that fly around. It depends on the map really, but this is awesome, you could combine this with current PR maps also, think about it :D

Salmonella
2009-12-02, 17:37
Personally, I prefer number 2, make it circle the map, or maybe even have 2 planes circling.

IMO it makes the game a lot more realistic, as im sure a Jet (first video) wouldnt go that slowly, and in number 2 you actually sat on the back end of the Plane, so it makes it a lot more realistic.

of course we will not use jets for this role, this video was shot months ago when the idea was born, I just use it as placeholder

we will use the C130 at 300km/h and 600 meters high, like the second video but above the clouds.

Dev1200
2009-12-02, 17:37
Alternatively, Why don't you just create some sort of transport plane with an open side (or close-able like the merlin was) so people can jump out. Make the plane worth maybe 2-3 tickets, and your good to go.

Salmonella
2009-12-02, 17:58
you could combine this with current PR maps also

thats the point I fully disagree with you, on current conflicts shown on PR theres no place for paratroopers.

In iraq, afghanistan, and MEC/USA/GB/PLA maps it’s not a real tactic, further more a jeep can take you there stealthier and more precisely and a chopper can take you there not so stealthier and precise but much faster

But in the amazon the terrain and vegetation don’t allow land vehicles and helicopters landing

wuschel
2009-12-02, 18:01
Very nice idea.

Destructable?
As I understand, the paratrooper transport craft will be destructable by Anti-Air fire. Or am I wrong?

Chinook
I suppose that it will be also possible to use the Chinook as a paradrop platform. I saw some military video a while ago, so I think that this is used as an military paradrop vehicle. As a suggestion: Using a large scale helicopter could justify to use much more unpredictable routes for movement. Moreover, the commander could control it like the UAV.

Limited spawns on the paradrop vehicle.
Is there any way to implement a counter for the number of spawns in the Chinook? That way one could make the helicopter dropping a finite amount of paratroopers. Once a the maxcounter is hit, further spawning is prevented. The vehicle then either disappears, i.e. by entering a flight route out of the map, or it is player controlled and the pilot has to bring the vehicle back the main base to "recharge" the spawns.

Tirak
2009-12-02, 18:20
thats the point I fully disagree with you, on current conflicts shown on PR theres no place for paratroopers.

In iraq, afghanistan, and MEC/USA/GB/PLA maps it’s not a real tactic, further more a jeep can take you there stealthier and more precisely and a chopper can take you there not so stealthier and precise but much faster

But in the amazon the terrain and vegetation don’t allow land vehicles and helicopters landing

Tad Sae, Ghost Train and Barracuda come to mind. While most maps played are in the desert campaigns, there are others as well.

Rhino
2009-12-02, 18:30
wait i thought Devs hated paratrooperz?...so this might acctualy be possible?

we would only like to see them on a proper airborne mission/map, not just any old guy haloing out of a littlebird onto the nearest firebase :p

Arnoldio
2009-12-02, 20:26
Commander placed is the best IMO, gives more strategic opportunities.

Herbiie
2009-12-02, 21:04
Commander placed is the best IMO, gives more strategic opportunities.

I agree - would also give the commander a little more to do ;)

Wilkinson
2009-12-02, 21:56
Code a Timed Spawn onto the plane. or Place a rally to spawn at points of the game.

Or when Commander clicks "UAV" button, 10 Minute spawn activates. like the old timed rally spawns

2 Flaws.

Air Assets can fly around and rape. Only add this to map with no air assets like Jets, attk Helicopters,
Keep plane at like 1000 ft. though the 1 time parachute is hardcoded, doesn't matter IMO

WelshManDan
2009-12-02, 22:44
of course we will not use jets for this role, this video was shot months ago when the idea was born, I just use it as placeholder

we will use the C130 at 300km/h and 600 meters high, like the second video but above the clouds.

Well then, I have a sort of Idea. How about make the commander set it - then you are placed in the seat in the rear of the plane, to jump you need to exit your seat and run to the rear and get out - otherwise somebody may spawn accidentally by pressing enter and end up falling off the moving plane, but if you spawn in a seat then -solution-

Salmonella
2009-12-02, 22:59
then you are placed in the seat in the rear of the plane, to jump you need to exit your seat and run to the rear and get out - otherwise somebody may spawn accidentally by pressing enter and end up falling off the moving plane, but if you spawn in a seat then -solution-

even you accidentaly spawn you won't fall, if you take a closer look on video 2 theres a invisible barrier that must be jumped in order to leave the plane.

the problem in making the spawn into a fixed the positions its that only 8 passenger are allowed per vehicle.
if its became full no more spawn until someone bail out.

Redamare
2009-12-03, 16:45
Try to make it so when you deploy your parachute... players do not have their main weapon up.. make it so their arms are above their head like they are controling the chute... that would be nice..

Transport plane that is flown by a person will deffinatly have a problem with noobs and it will take a while for the pilots who fly the jets to get used to the new asset... plus you will need to incoorporate alot of flares onboard the transport plane due to AA's. and that would just be a waste if the plane just gets blown up after 3 minutes of being deployed... i am in favor of option 1 and 2 lolol .... auto polot seems to be the way to go.. and since its not being flown by a player it shouldnt have a heat signature for the AA to lock onto. which in my eyes is a good thing

paratrooper[BG]
2009-12-03, 16:54
mmmmmmmm coool paratroopers

=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup
2009-12-03, 17:40
Im guessing you dont want the option with a commanderset spawn in midair, ie, spawn directly into the jump?

I think for the sake of replayability, something commander set would be preferable.

Salmonella
2009-12-03, 20:17
RHINO, do you read yours PM? We really need know the status of what you said that is in development, and our degree of freedom to add such modification to our faction.

ma21212
2009-12-03, 22:40
you have a point. Also why not have the plane land in an airfield to "resupply". when a number of ppl spwan on the plane (lets say a max of 50 ppl) then after that it would not be spwanable untill the plane lands at airfield to get new troops?

LoopBrasil
2009-12-03, 23:00
you have a point. Also why not have the plane land in an airfield to "resupply". when a number of ppl spwan on the plane (lets say a max of 50 ppl) then after that it would not be spwanable untill the plane lands at airfield to get new troops?

I agree, i really would like to see that asset having a player as pilot

HAAN4
2009-12-04, 00:36
''deleted''

cagumelo
2009-12-04, 09:44
I think it shouldn't have pilot. I think we would never get a pilot in the other way

Red Feniks
2009-12-06, 12:14
IMO, if you would go for the idea of the plane beeing in the air the entire game, why not completely replace the commander post and put him in the pilot seat? This doesn't mean he actually has to steer the plane (for it flies around in circles), but it might be more realistic to have the commander in the plane when you're invading a region by air.
If you do this, you can also take away the UAV-option and give the commander the ability to look down on the place the plane is flying over at that moment.
I'm also thinking: why limit the spawn points? Just give the airplane a smaller action radius so it stays on one side of the map, this way, if a squad needs to be on the other side of the map to capture a point, they will rely on rallypoints and FOB's, because if they would spawn in the plane they would have to walk all the way.

If you're not going for a plane that's constantly in the air:
You could Code a plane that does a high-alt, high-speed fly-by like every 10 minutes in a straight line or in 1 circle. You can announce the comming of such a plane by text in game, just like the notifications you get if a weapons cache is destroyed in insurgency.
Squads will have to react quick to drop where they want to drop, and the plane will exit the region very quick after its entrance. (You could also take away the 10-min. timer and make it a commanders asset, like you do in suggestion 1).

anyway: I like this idea very much and hope to see the para's in a suitable map soon :)

Good luck on the project!

Greetings,
Red Feniks

RedAlertSF
2009-12-06, 15:19
I like this idea of commander calling in the plane. But self-destruction sounds just stupid, like being the easiest way to accomplish this. Could it be possible, that commander calls the plane to fly somewhere, then it cricles that area and after the time is full, it does not destruct but flies out of the map. This way people still have a little more time to jump, and the plane doesn't just suddenly blow up.

Anyway, I've always though that paratroopers are the little important thing that is missing from PR. I want to see this in-game!

Salmonella
2009-12-06, 17:17
All that you guys said is possible, most of it was tested and each one has it known issues, but the is main problem is that DEVs don't seems to give a shit about this.

We are here in a so called Comunity Faction subforum, inside the main forum, but seems we are on another world, a little feedback of the Godlike developers woudn't be so bad.

I don't know if they are too busy discussing their own things, or is the amount of bullshit that always comes in on suggestions threads, but again, a little feedback isn't bad.

This is not a "oh it will be so cool if we paratroopers" thread, I got the hole thing coded, its fully operational with several tested deploying mode, maps for it already being developed and not a signal of the devs around*

*In fact only Rhino said something here

WilsonPL
2009-12-06, 18:52
All devs have their special dev section that normal users liek you cannot see : >.
Im sure that faction leader is in contact with them.

GhostDance101
2009-12-06, 19:09
Well I think it looks very good,
Remember the Dev are very busy working on the next release of pr, and don't always have time to get overly involved in the development of community factions. They tend to get more involved when the whole things almost finished and ready for integration into the main mod.

cagumelo
2009-12-06, 20:47
IMO, if you would go for the idea of the plane beeing in the air the entire game, why not completely replace the commander post and put him in the pilot seat? This doesn't mean he actually has to steer the plane (for it flies around in circles), but it might be more realistic to have the commander in the plane when you're invading a region by air.
If you do this, you can also take away the UAV-option and give the commander the ability to look down on the place the plane is flying over at that moment.
I'm also thinking: why limit the spawn points? Just give the airplane a smaller action radius so it stays on one side of the map, this way, if a squad needs to be on the other side of the map to capture a point, they will rely on rallypoints and FOB's, because if they would spawn in the plane they would have to walk all the way.

You could Code a plane that does a high-alt, high-speed fly-by like every 10 minutes in a straight line or in 1 circle. You can announce the comming of such a plane by text in game, just like the notifications you get if a weapons cache is destroyed in insurgency.
Squads will have to react quick to drop where they want to drop, and the plane will exit the region very quick after its entrance. (You could also take away the 10-min. timer and make it a commanders asset, like you do in suggestion 1).

anyway: I like this idea very much and hope to see the para's in a suitable map soon :)

Greetings,
Red Feniks

This is exatile what I said, about the coomander sit in the plane and about the 10 min respaw, but I think people hasnt understood it!
anyway, why wouldnt the devs be interested the work of you guys is truly amezing I realy want to help I saw some tutorials in the YouTube and I was trying to make the "Voadeira" but all goes shit, so I think I' not useful

dbzao
2009-12-06, 20:50
Salmonella, really disapointed with your attitude.

Rhino
2009-12-06, 20:58
dbzao;1200450']Salmonella, really disapointed with your attitude.

Indeed, Salmonella if you want help from us with this your going totally the wrong way about it... I've already answered your PMs, we are all very busy and dont have a lot of time to help everyone.

There is no rush to get this done and finished, where there is a rush to get stuff done in other departments.

Salmonella
2009-12-06, 21:02
dbzao;1200450']Salmonella, really disapointed with your attitude.

And I'm with yours(devs in general)!
I know that every one here is voluntary, and no one have the obligation to give any feedback to anyone, but why only come up to say something when someone goes angry?
The thread was open for a week and no one seems to noticed, any a word of advice or incentive were given, but when some bad words are spelled, everyone comes in with their almighty righteous words!

rampo
2009-12-06, 21:07
Salmonella please your'e not going to get any help if you keep talking like that.

Tofurkeymeister
2009-12-06, 21:10
And I'm with yours(devs in general)! Why only come up to say something when someone goes angry?
The thread was open for a week and no one seems to noticed, any a word of advice or incentive were given, but when some bad words are spelled, everyone comes in with their almighty righteous words!

FLAME WAR!

Ok, in all seriousness this idea, while great, there are currently no maps which can take advantage of paradropping. If you wish to see the idea in game, make a suggestion in the suggestion forum, where stuff relating to the game as a whole gets discussed. Don't get me wrong, I like your idea, but subforums rarely get high traffic.

And don't hate on the dev's, they are voluneers and don't get paid. Plus, they are Ub3r 1337.

Hauteclocque
2009-12-06, 21:12
As it has been said, DEVs don't have time for communities since they are pretty busy with the 0.9. Don't blame us to do their best for the mod.
We are low priority for now, but I'm sure that when the 0.9 will be released, they will be more dedicated.
You are new on this forum and your faction as well, you should get used to how PR world works before being angry.;-)

You have done a lot with your faction in a few days (I'm sure you have been working on it for a long time), don't waste your work with that attitude. Your team has skilled people, I'm sure you will make something good.

Salmonella
2009-12-06, 21:24
There’s neither flaming nor hating, and when I said feedback I mean just feedback, no help or charity, just 3 or 4 words from someone inside the DEV stronghold BEFORE my angry post could have avoided this

And this feedback I want, its only about this feature, like a said before, just need to know "no, you don't need to do this, we have it already done" or "no, we not gonna use it anywhere anyhow" or even "alright just do what you wanna we dont give a shit", not just my "voice" echoing on this thread.

=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup
2009-12-06, 21:35
Devs are busy. Wait your turn. Your cry for aid has been duly noted, and you might as well leave it at that.
That would be the smart thing to do anyway.

PLODDITHANLEY
2009-12-06, 21:36
Well I'm happy if Rhino doesn't answer a PM in four days they must be really really busy(or afk), so I am optimistically taking it that 0.9 is in the last testing stages.

Salmonella
2009-12-06, 21:52
while great, there are currently no maps which can take advantage of paradropping.

yes, there are, by me by the way, and I'm just need to know if the paratrooper thing will be "allowed", otherwise it all will be thrown away.

If you wish to see the idea in game, make a suggestion in the suggestion forum, where stuff relating to the game as a whole gets discussed. Don't get me wrong,

yes, I've started a thread a time ago with another useless suggestion, and it has received almost the same level attention
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-pr-suggestions/69580-real-deployable-machine-gun.html

fuzzhead
2009-12-06, 21:53
Look Samonella, holidays are coming up soon and we got a lot of team members on leave of absence, and also alot finishing studies.

Studies, Jobs, Families, Friends, they all come first before PR work. If you cant understand this, then we got nothing more to talk about.

You've been in contact with Rhino about this, he's replied to your PM's afaik, you've only put this topic up for 5 days.... not sure what more your expecting but please have some patience and talking in this really negative tone, is just not helpful.

Regardless of what all the forum guys talk about the dev team, majority of the team is very friendly/helpful. But we don't scour the forums every day and each team member needs time off cause they frequently get burnt out.

About the topic, its an interesting one and perhaps if you can show exactly what you have coded in this area since you said the video posted is 6 months old?

We currently have a couple maps for v0.9 with parachuting at the start of the map, one with random occuring spawnpoint and one with a fixed one. We currently dont have a useable plane to attach to this object.

Random para spawns have been in PR since v0.7 but no maps to put it in.

Ancientman and dbzao has been the ones primarily working on this afaik, and hes currently in a "burnout" phase as he been doing a TON of work lately as well as school.

So if we can see exactly what you have accomplished, we can speak more on getting this feature in, as yes in the right circumstances would be quite a nice gameplay dynamic.

If you persist with an attitude "the devs are assholes, they dont respond to me" or get pissed off when your thread dont get attention for 3 days, then I dont think we can help each other too much as we need people with a bit more professional attitude than that :/

Salmonella
2009-12-06, 22:15
fuzzhead;1200530']Look Samonella....

I agree with all you said, but the point is, if I remained in silence, just like I did in the others threads, it will be dead in a matter of days.

fuzzhead;1200530']About the topic, its an interesting one and perhaps if you can show exactly what you have coded in this area since you said the video posted is 6 months old?

the second one was uploaded 4 days ago.

The coding is very simple, I just attached a SpawnPoint to the PlayerControlObject, and then a single line telling if you will enter the vehicle or not when you spawn.
If you wanna make the player spawn at the cargo Bay you must set not to enter on spawn and make sure you have enough space inside the vehicle, thats why it won't work on helos, you need 2x2x2m clear space cube, for this to work.

the "automatic pilot" its just a constant ForceObject applied to the vehicle with another single line making this forces existing even with no one inside.
The angle and speed of the turn are limitants

Rhino
2009-12-06, 23:28
ye, that's excatly how OPK have it and what Guedoe has been doing with his stuff too for USI and the same principles of what we plan to work on too.

BSS USI Update 10/19/09 - Black Sand Studios (http://www.blacksandstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2716)

That’s it for this week’s pictures, but that’s not all. Guedoe has been playing with the BF2 engine and came up with something we have had planned for a while now: Let the environment come alive with our brand new Aircraft that fly over your head while you fight. We think they add alot to the gameplay atmosphere and really make the static map come alive. But watch the videos Guedoe recorded while testing his code. Please note that those things are still WIP or Work in Progress, so they are subject to change until release.

http://video.xfire.com/1619ee-4.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/video/1619ee/) http://video.xfire.com/1619fa-4.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/video/1619fa/) http://video.xfire.com/161a04-4.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/video/161a04/)

We hope you like our new stuff, until next time!

chilean
2009-12-07, 01:46
You could take the AC-130 model of BF1942Desert Combat and change it into a flyable C-130 there should be no teamplay and gameplay , it would be great having one of those back

Rhino
2009-12-07, 01:59
or maybe instead of stealing we could make one? :roll:

Salmonella
2009-12-07, 05:10
all right, so i've contacted ice_killer 3 days ago and asked him for the the c-130 model, he said he has other priority models to work on.

We have a colaborator member that isn't in our team list, who made the Brazilian c-130 for an ARMA addon, he is willing to share his 3ds files with us, all we have to do its to create an interior and adjust it for the PR standards, he is kind away by now, like anyone else, but its 99% sure that we can have the model.

Red Feniks
2009-12-07, 10:36
Just one more thing i'd like to say:

This is exatile what I said, about the coomander sit in the plane and about the 10 min respaw, but I think people hasnt understood it!

You'll have to chose between one of those, because you can't have the plane leaving the region with the commander in it, did you guys allready decide which option it'll be in the end?

Greetings,
Red Feniks

ma21212
2009-12-07, 17:05
well acctualy i think that a scripted AI plane is a bad idea...i mean its like a bot you know? so meh thinks the plane should just be flyable as the piolt can respond to gameplay.

***LeGeNDK1LLER***
2009-12-07, 18:52
great idea!
can't wait to shoot these paratroopers with a machine gun.

cagumelo
2009-12-07, 19:28
great idea!

That's the only negative thing, because the paratropers will not be able to do anithing

illidur
2009-12-07, 20:28
dont need to if its a heavy wooded area... looks awsome btw.

Salmonella
2009-12-07, 21:08
great idea!

That's the only negative thing, because the paratropers will not be able to do anithing

dont need to if its a heavy wooded area... looks awsome btw.

that why it won't be used in the currents map, just you wait to see the kind of map we are doing...

Gaz
2009-12-08, 13:58
I know that every one here is voluntary, and no one have the obligation to give any feedback to anyone, but why only come up to say something when someone goes angry?

PR 0.9's in full blown development. COMMUNITY factions are exactly that until at an advanced stage. PR Devs are first and foremost expected to feed a large amount of their time into the preparation and release of new builds. During this period, things are inheritantly busy for everyone.

If you have an issue, approach [R-DEV]AfterDune, PR's comfac manager. Devs are not there to constantly assist with comfacs. If and when they get time they will assist, but not until then.

A few comfacs have lately decided that their faction is suddenly more important than PR's main releases....trust us, it is not. In future, speak through your comfac lead. That's why they have private forums to talk to us in. If you want to carry on attempting to blame PR Devs for no action in a team they are not a part of, then you might aswell kiss your subforum, and any further support we may be able to provide, goodbye.

AfterDune
2009-12-08, 15:49
What he says ^^^^.

If you have a problem, talk to your comfac lead about it, let him (or her) contact me and we'll talk in a civilized manner. Don't post angry stuff, that will only get you in trouble and/or demotivate you.

PR Devs do see your threads, but don't always have time to dig in, as they have a shitload of other stuff they have to attend to.

And keep in mind that a community faction is what it is: a community faction. Devs will help out if and when they want, just like you.

Salmonella
2009-12-08, 17:14
I really apologize for the bad words I used, I have no point in that.

but, at any time, did I mentioned something regarding the quality/amount of content being developed? or cried for help on the "hard work"? all the times I wrote about feedback, just few words, much less than you spent AFTER my nonsense post.

The feeling from the "outside" its that you guys really set us as "the lowest priority" so low that you don't have time to read or write 1 line about it. That is really frustrating.

Insanitypays
2009-12-08, 18:37
You should have people be able to spawn in the plane with a paratrooper kit, which has 1 parachute and a different skin (and a larger bag to carry the chute). They should spawn with MP7s or M4 Carbines and other light weaponry, along with colored smoke.

Gaz
2009-12-08, 18:38
Salmonella. Reality check for you. The Brazilian comfac, according to us, is barely 2 weeks old. There are multiple comfacs much more advanced than yourselves. Get over it and concentrate on actually producing a skeleton faction.

Expect an infraction for attitude if you carry this on. Any futher feedback should be constructive, and also come via your comfac feed via the private comfac lead forums we have for communication. Yes, we have them.....and I see nothing about asking for feedback.

Insanitypays
2009-12-08, 18:41
Awesome Idea, Isnt there a C-130 model in the Airmaps mod...?

The map should be at night and flares would be cool too. But at night the ground soldiers cant see paratroopers right?

rampo
2009-12-08, 18:44

The map should be at night and flares would be cool too. But at night the ground soldiers cant see paratroopers right?

Nightmaps and C-130 probly wont be happening anytime soon m8 ;) though i wonder why there can't be atleast one night map that the servers can remove from the maplist in case it lags

Gaz
2009-12-08, 19:35
I'd suggest staying well away from night maps guys. PR doesn't work well with them due to shaders and lightmaps.

ma21212
2009-12-08, 21:46
cant you make a sunset map atleast? something like this ?
http://www.thepreferredtype.com/knights/BFV%20content%20items/Map%20Icons/BFV%20OPK%20auslandseinsatz.jpg

FPaiva
2009-12-08, 21:49

Just because you want a faction on the game it doesn't mean that the whole team will stop everthing to help us. You act like a child man...:-?

All that you guys said is possible, most of it was tested and each one has it known issues, but the is main problem is that DEVs don't seems to give a shit about this.

We are here in a so called Comunity Faction subforum, inside the main forum, but seems we are on another world, a little feedback of the Godlike developers woudn't be so bad.

I don't know if they are too busy discussing their own things, or is the amount of bullshit that always comes in on suggestions threads, but again, a little feedback isn't bad.

This is not a "oh it will be so cool if we paratroopers" thread, I got the hole thing coded, its fully operational with several tested deploying mode, maps for it already being developed and not a signal of the devs around*

*In fact only Rhino said something here

The truth is that the comfacs aren't the top priority in the moment and the name "Community Faction" says it all. The devs can assist or no the devlopment.

Salmonella
2009-12-09, 00:58
Again, the point is not that I wanted hands of the devs on our early work, its all about feedback from them and nothing else, I really wanted help on the dirt work from the community and from the team.

In fact, I just realized that the main problem was my willingness to get things done as fast as I can, forgetting that several things I can't make by myself and therefore depends on other's willingness, that probably isn't the same as mine.
So I'll try to slow down and stay calm just to enter in synchronism with the rest of the community.

It still don't clear my bad words, but it's no use crying over spilt milk, that it’s, I was wrong in the way I faced the whole Community Faction thing, sorry.

Salmonella
2009-12-09, 01:24
back to topic...

You should have people be able to spawn in the plane with a paratrooper kit, which has 1 parachute and a different skin (and a larger bag to carry the chute). They should spawn with MP7s or M4 Carbines and other light weaponry, along with colored smoke.

yeah, I tested it and works, for each spawnable kit you have Dummy Kit, that contains the parachute, a "empty hands" like pilots and the kit you chose.
after landing, you just drop your kit and grab it with "g".

Hey folks, are you missing the part that it is a proposal to use the c130 in the amazon forest, and most of my effort on the vegetation is to make the occlusion effect of real jungle, Beside it maps will be laaarggeee and FARC armament don't have scopes.

So, no night maps.

BloodBane611
2009-12-09, 17:38
yeah, I tested it and works, for each spawnable kit you have Dummy Kit, that contains the parachute, a "empty hands" like pilots and the kit you chose.
after landing, you just drop your kit and grab it with "g".

I like that system! I assumed you would have to remove some items from kits, that's an impressive solution you came up with.

ma21212
2009-12-09, 19:14
why not just make up a paratrooper kit and give them what modern day partroopers have? parashoot would only be usable once and they get less ammo smaller weapons etc.

maarit
2009-12-09, 19:36
is there suplys dropped from planes?

btw, this faction looks nice

jim1994
2009-12-21, 02:31
Great idea for a spawn system.
I like option 2

Wilkinson
2009-12-24, 02:24
Little Spark I got in my head.

When they click on the spawn point. They should spawn in a seat. They literally have to spawn in a seat otherwise we're gonna end up with them either dying or getting an undesired effect of something like "Lag" As they are in the back of the plane. Think about the merlin.

That would make it a vehicle hypothetically.

Vehicles have 8 seats
So unless you have 4 planes, Your gonna have to resort to that method of them just spawing in the plane.
Also remember your going to have collision problems and the potential of people dying randomly. No one likes that.

Salmonella
2009-12-24, 10:35
Little Spark I got in my head.

When they click on the spawn point. They should spawn in a seat. They literally have to spawn in a seat otherwise we're gonna end up with them either dying or getting an undesired effect of something like "Lag" As they are in the back of the plane. Think about the merlin.

That would make it a vehicle hypothetically.

Vehicles have 8 seats
So unless you have 4 planes, Your gonna have to resort to that method of them just spawing in the plane.
Also remember your going to have collision problems and the potential of people dying randomly. No one likes that.

that’s why I enforce the autopilot option, with autopilot the whole team can spawn into the plane without problems.

What makes you die is the acceleration/deceleration, just remember that a curve is in fact a deceleration in one axis a acceleration on the other, even the best pilot in BF world can't pilot so smooth to the point everyone inside the plane remain alive.

The speed limit for spawn in moving object is about 300-350km/h, it happens cause you spawn still in the air an the plane just runs over you.
With the correct material, angle/speed of flight you don't have such problem.

Other issue is jumping inside the plane, the physics system don’t apply much inertia on the soldier, when you are moving at 300km/h and jump you “body” almost instantly losses that speed and again the plane tend to runs over your.

J.F.Leusch69
2009-12-24, 11:01
couldnt you "block" the player jumping by having a pretty small col mesh?

gkelly
2010-02-20, 11:00

Greetings,
Red Feniks

Sugestion 1 is very good, and 1 more thing, don't put mortar or artillery strikes, 105mm cannon on C-130 would be a good.

Good Luck!
Dragofight

FPaiva
2010-02-20, 14:19
Sugestion 1 is very good, and 1 more thing, don't put mortar or artillery strikes, 105mm cannon on C-130 would be a good.

Good Luck!
Dragofight

The Brazilian Air Force don't have AC-130s

gkelly
2010-02-23, 12:30
:: FAB - Força Aérea Brasileira :: (http://www.fab.mil.br/portal/capa/index.php?mostra=2909)
See that im brazilian too and i see alot times c130 over my house

FelipeFR
2010-02-23, 12:43
Yesterday I played a match on Silent Eagle on the US Army Team, and one of our spawn options were airborne. It worked as an auto pilot flying through the map in a circular flyover. So, it was been decided now, and will be implemented in the future in this faction maps?

Midnight_o9
2010-02-23, 13:37
:: FAB - Força Aérea Brasileira :: (http://www.fab.mil.br/portal/capa/index.php?mostra=2909)

This is AC-130
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/osubuckeye/AC130Gunship.png

Basically a C-130 with Guns on left side. And Brazilian forces don't have such planes.

FPaiva
2010-02-23, 15:06

C-130 is a Transport Plane, AC-130 is a variant of the C-130, but instead of transport, it's a attacking plane.

FelipeFR
2010-03-05, 02:02
Yesterday I played a match on Silent Eagle on the US Army Team, and one of our spawn options were airborne. It worked as an auto pilot flying through the map in a circular flyover. So, it was been decided now, and will be implemented in the future in this faction maps?

Someone from the faction development, PLEASE REPLY TO MY QUESTION!

Salmonella
2010-03-05, 03:43

The system used actually isnt a single moving spawn, is a bunch of spawns close to each other, I think to avoid the spawn blocking.

What I've made works fine, at least in coop mode with the bots spawning in, but wasn't officially evaluated so I can't say if/when its gonna be in game.