PDA

View Full Version : [Map] Eyl Somalia (A pirate influenced map)

Pages : [1] 2

CodeRedFox
2009-11-25, 03:51
Hello PR's a little update on what I've been upto. Besides my other 4km map Dili which I'm making new statics for it, I have also been working on a map based around the recent pirate hijackings in the Indian Ocean. I started this one as well as I think this will bring yet another new play style to Project Reality. I've always been a fan of asymetrical warfare and this is a real event taking place.

First a little history:
Eyl is an ancient town in the northern Puntland region of Somalia....As of 2008, Eyl has become a pirate haven, with more than a dozen ships being held captive by pirate crews. The Puntland government has acknowledged that they are relatively powerless to stop pirate activities, but it also has been suggested that members of the Puntland administration may have links to the pirates. - Wikipedia

Gameplay: [WIP]
- 4km map (Ocean side may be extended out further)
- Ocean cargo ship objective based
- Land based as well

Vehicle loadouts:
Loadout will also use a CP reward system. Which means the more CP you capture the more assets you receive.

BLUFOR asset reward path:
Aircraft carrier - Light helicopters, Boats
Random (1 of 4) CargoShips - Medium helicopters
Beach village - Light vehicle support
Random (1 of 4) CP's - Ship based APC support
Desert Airfield - Some sorta Jet or other high value asset
Town of Eyl - End game

Factions:
Very WIP's and will depend on the needs and want of the team along with real world circumstances.

New stuff:
A major static that will be brought to PR will be a enterable cargoship. This will include: Cargo area, lower and upper main decks, engine rooms, ect. Along with the design its being made to be modular. Which mean the cargo ship will have a base configuration and the cargo part can be mixed and matched: flat for cargo, bays for oil, gas, etc. The interior of the ship will take the longest to populate as its very hard to do. It will become tricky to light as well because the bf2 editor will not be able to light it correctly. But its all part of the fun.

And before I sign off let me be clear its still very WIP but I know the idea has been talked about and I think the community would really appreciate another PR milestone map. I'll be updating my PR blog here and there with new images when I can.

UPDATES:
Qw6SL3bK4iw
Very WIP, allot needs to be done but this is just a sneek peek at one version of the cargoship.

5xuJuE4ug-c
WIP of the Map

IronTaxi
2009-11-25, 03:59
looks good.. a nice challenging delve into a new theater...

Durandal
2009-11-25, 04:02
I.... I don't know what to say! This is the stuff of dreams!

McBumLuv
2009-11-25, 04:03
Where are the Somalian captured tanks? :p

Very promising design, I'm very pleased. I remember this being shot down often in discussions as a "requires too much effort, do it yourself" kind of response to many people, so it's nice to see you stepping up to the plate :)

You should definitely get a CATOBAR Essex in there, though, and then it wil be epic :D

CodeRedFox
2009-11-25, 04:21
I remember this being shot down often in discussions as a "requires too much effort, do it yourself" kind of response to many people

That ideology still stands, and as you see I....did myself. This Mod takes actions to grow not talk. :grin:

IronTaxi
2009-11-25, 04:33
CodeRedFox;1191357']That ideology still stands, and as you see I....did myself. This Mod takes actions to grow not talk. :grin:

yes sir...that there is what it is...

you want it.. make it...cant make it...learn..then make it...can't learn...well..

CodeRedFox
2009-11-25, 04:59
opps I guess I should set those pics to public :lol:

Conman51
2009-11-25, 05:01
CodeRedFox;1191376']opps I guess I should set those pics to public :lol:

yea i was wondering what the writing was referencing to

looks good

2009-11-25, 05:07
Amazing work. Finally we can do ship invasions in PR.

Albatross
2009-11-25, 05:15
I like your style of thinking and i like the idea of a new theater.

M_Striker
2009-11-25, 06:11
I really like this concept. Let's see how it turns out. :smile:

foxtwofive
2009-11-25, 06:16
This is B E A utiful! Can't wait to infiltrate one of those cargo ships.;-) Great job keep it comein!:grin:

Peeta
2009-11-25, 06:30
I'm really likin this. Excellent work CRF, as usual.
http://pad.focalization.com/images/misc/ecookie.jpg

Stemo
2009-11-25, 07:49
Wow, this is so epic! Definetly my new favourite map to look forward to. It will be cool to have some indoor firebattles. I have found it hard to motivate using ironsight before.

Mad-Mike
2009-11-25, 08:26
Once again RedFox good work, I realy like this map.
I like how far away the main cargo is from the island. and loving the new cargo m8.
good work!

Gore
2009-11-25, 08:37
Looks very nice. I just started mapping and I'm curious about being able to load new statics into the bfeditor? As I'm planning on a coast city in Russia, which will need cargo ships, will I be able to use your lovely model once it's completed?

CodeRedFox
2009-11-25, 08:42
Looks very nice. I just started mapping and I'm curious about being able to load new statics into the bfeditor? As I'm planning on a coast city in Russia, which will need cargo ships, will I be able to use your lovely model once it's completed?

Like all PR maps if they are to be used in PR you can use them.

Rhino
2009-11-25, 08:43

probably best to use the old cargo ship unless you plan for combat to happen inside the cargo ship since CRF's one has a interior etc, where the old one dose not which the interior is only good if you want combat to happen in there, if you dont then its a waste of resources.

162eRI
2009-11-25, 08:54
The French Forces are really interested by this map as France is fighting pirates around this area (like many other countries). But France looks more involved in this fight, perhaps because we get a military base close to (Djibouti French Base). We wanted to make a map in Somalia with the Pirates, something very similar of yours, but we didn't get the mapper for.

Anyway, looks promising. Good luck ;) I will send you a PM if you are interested by our faction (in the future of course) for this map!?

PowerPickle
2009-11-25, 09:08
Great Work, I'm loving it:D

rampo
2009-11-25, 09:58
Nice job redfox, IRENE!

Claymore
2009-11-25, 10:41
This looks like a great map and I'm really looking forward to the new gameplay options it can provide.

andrewthecool
2009-11-25, 11:39
Cod 4 cargo ship mission came into my head. gah i cant wait!

but just a sugjestion, make ladders from the water up, just incase a helo gets shot down before it can drop of their men at the objective(a ship or land)

Tannhauser
2009-11-25, 12:01
Very interesting sir.

I see an inland airstrip (probably a local civilian one).. Knowing INS don't have planes, I guess it won't be used, right?
Also, I see you have tested different sky settings.. Are you opting for the blue-clear sky or the sunset/dawn cloudy sky?
Just curious.

+Epicness granted for a second 4km USMC landing map!:D

WelshManDan
2009-11-25, 12:10
How about making this map for the Spec Ops I hear a lot about.

Will it be possible to have a Cargo ship have a AAS point, so only soldiers in boats w/ grappel will be able to climb aboard, whilst the Caches are inland, like Korengal.

H.sta
2009-11-25, 12:37
Spec obs?

i love the map, can't wait... but we need new boats, i will learn how to mod! *Points finger in air*

see you next year

Neo_Mapper
2009-11-25, 12:40
amazing :D

But I can see some problems coming...

How will the "taliban/pirat/whatever" get on the cargo? spawn? ---> COULD be to spammy and they could just camp there in corners to make it impossible for BLUEFOR to cap the ship.

Well its still very WIP and all the gameplay thingies have to be adjusted when the map is fully finished. ;)

Looking forward yet another amazing map by CRF (:

Maxfragg
2009-11-25, 12:43
no, we really don't need specops for that, any faction with light helicopters could use this map (UK Lynx, Germany Lynx, US Huey/Littlebird)

G.Drew
2009-11-25, 13:00
A milestone map indeed. Very good work CRF :wink:

evya
2009-11-25, 13:49
A milestone map indeed. Very good work CRF :wink:

exactly what i wanted to say...

Swat54swe
2009-11-25, 13:54
This is awesome!!! xD

WelshManDan
2009-11-25, 14:02
no, we really don't need specops for that, any faction with light helicopters could use this map (UK Lynx, Germany Lynx, US Huey/Littlebird)

yeah thats a good point. Maybe one day there will be a UK Assault ship and then the opportunities for more Sea & land maps will open up, aswell as other nations ofc.

andrewthecool
2009-11-25, 14:05
Very interesting sir.

I see an inland airstrip (probably a local civilian one).. Knowing INS don't have planes, I guess it won't be used, right?
Also, I see you have tested different sky settings.. Are you opting for the blue-clear sky or the sunset/dawn cloudy sky?
Just curious.

+Epicness granted for a second 4km USMC landing map!:D

posibly a few non armed transport helos(new model whould be necesary) or a sea plane for some awsome watter landings :D

Marko
2009-11-25, 14:31
I see containers everywhere. :razz:

Good job bro, beautiful map!

sharpie
2009-11-25, 15:07
*proceeds to change his pants.*

Gosu-Rizzle
2009-11-25, 15:07
Looks like a really refreshing and new kind of map. Keep it up!

Sadist_Cain
2009-11-25, 15:53
one of the best new maps I've seen! :D

Froggy
2009-11-25, 16:56
OMG Epic ship takeover map!! This will be totally awesome for scenario gameplay with hostages. I definitely want to flew choppers on this map!

MarineSeaknight
2009-11-25, 17:11
BREACHING BREACHING

jaspercat444
2009-11-25, 17:16
BREACHING BREACHING

I agree, will it have breachable doors? Looks awesome though... I can imagine it now...

Scot
2009-11-25, 17:21
Now we definitely need fastropes...

TheLean
2009-11-25, 17:30
Awesome! This is going to rock! Can you tell us more about the object of the map? Is it to capture the docks or rescuing a single ship? I can see regular forces being used in capturing the docks, but spec ops would probably be used if its about securing a single ship, with potential hostages. It would be wicked if the militia recieves an old AA gun from ww2 like a bofors or flakpanzer or similar:D

[T]waylay00
2009-11-25, 17:55
Looks awesome! Keep the sun nice and bright.

theflidgeface
2009-11-25, 17:56
awesome hope this one comes out with 0.9 haha :)

paracowboy
2009-11-25, 18:51
Remember that the region in question was actually the only peaceful part of Somolia for a number of years. They orginized their own anti-piracy force with outside money and for all intents and purposes were the autonomous (kinda redundant since there was no central government to be affiliated with) for a time.

There are 2 possible foes for this part of Somalia, either pirates or al shabab. Al-Shabab is actually an al qaeda affiliated (I say affiliated but I don't mean they are working together, they want the same things but at most they exchange a little cash and intel). Either group will have combat experience and both will be well versed in use of the old Soviet weapons.

Not sure if Al Shabab controls any armor like the Taliban did but I know there was a close call with some pirates making an attempt on a ship full of T-72s. I doubt they would have actually unloaded and fielded them but like in much of Africa, the old soviet tanks can be worth their weight in gold if they are used strategically.

I am really curious to see where the PR crew takes this one.

BloodBane611
2009-11-25, 19:06
This look awesome! Nice work as usual!

Lagsalot 56k
2009-11-25, 19:53
Wow, this is beautiful.

Can't wait to see this in action.

2009-11-25, 20:35
Since this IS pirate map, any chance that the Essex can be invaded?

arjan
2009-11-25, 20:55
But I can see some problems coming...

How will the "taliban/pirat/whatever" get on the cargo? spawn? ---> COULD be to spammy and they could just camp there in corners to make it impossible for BLUEFOR to cap the ship.

Maybe add in a blackhawk with his miniguns a'la COD4! :-P
Oh and make it have fastropes please, plus navyseals ;D

Amok@ndy
2009-11-25, 21:01
looks awesome :D

CodeRedFox
2009-11-25, 21:02

As a rule we try to make each factions home base non-capture able. These questions will be answered way in the future. Unfortunately maps take a long time to complete and then they get passes to our tester team which rip all our hard work apart and expose every crack and hole. :lol:

I'm currently only focusing on the map and its statics creation right now. Gameplay options will really start to show when its got a good run through and the rest of the team has there say. Which is why factions and assests haven't really been looked at or thought about above the common things you would see on a map like this.

Also to answer some other questions some smaller boat that are already in the works will be added to the OPFOR. But thoses are simple in the whole picture and will be shown at a later date.

Rhino
2009-11-25, 21:06

Pirates rely on hitting soft, easy targets to survive. They stay as far away from war ships as possible since if they come into contact with them and tried to engage them by firing a RPG at the ship, they would be dead before there RPG could even hit the ship.

Gunner4712
2009-11-25, 22:28
you have no idea how much I <3 just the idea of a map like this. But, the map....there best be a 24/7 =P

creepin
2009-11-25, 22:41
that sir, looks epic.

i love the sky texture, in 2,3,4, they look awesome!

badmojo420
2009-11-25, 23:28
CodeRedFox;1192023']some smaller boat that are already in the works will be added to the OPFOR.

Awsomesauce! I'm going to have to borrow a couple for my map :) the ship too.

Rudd
2009-11-25, 23:35
Carrier map 4k = win

CRF's mapping skills = win!

Would actually be cool if a faction other than the USMC features on this map. I'm thinking the French would suit it well

Garmax
2009-11-25, 23:47
this is awesome! props bro, a great change and addition to PR.

This may as well be my favorite map ever.

sniperrocks
2009-11-26, 00:12
Wow, this map looks great! So does the cargo ship!
Cannot wait!

ankyle62
2009-11-26, 00:24
awesome

Zulnex
2009-11-26, 01:08
Amazing map. Can't wait for the release. Keep up the excellent work.

agentscar
2009-11-26, 01:54
Woah,this is awesome!! It's like Iron Gator,PR style,haha..I assume there will be combat directed around the ground area,once the cargo ships are secured?Like chasing the fleeing pirates

CodeRedFox
2009-11-26, 02:28
you assume too much, take it for what it is right now :-P

chrisweb89
2009-11-26, 03:14
So any chance for a new boat for blufor? For patrol or even boarding a ship i just don't see the current RIB being useable because a single ak could kill half of the exposed crew. looks really nice and can't wait to see what kind of gameplay options it will have.

Snazz
2009-11-26, 05:01
Is it possible to have the cargo ships moving across the map?

I know there's issues with players standing on moving objects, but the ship could be going really slowly.

It would just be for the sake of more dynamic game play and add a little time limit for capturing the ship whilst it's still in range.

Rhino
2009-11-26, 08:21
Is it possible to have the cargo ships moving across the map?

kind of ye, not that I've ever done it or its planned for this map but in theory its possible in more ways than one ;)

CodeRedFox
2009-11-26, 09:46
This area (eyl) is known for where they bring the cargo ships to sit and wait. No they wont be movable.

Bellator
2009-11-26, 10:03
I have a bad feeling about this, although I very much like the fresh concept. BF2 engine isn't exactly ideal for naval and indoor combat. I'm afraid this will be another map where the blufor will lose 90 % of the time because the pirates/insurgents will have it too easy. This will be especially the case if they have to defend a cargo ship where every corridor is a death trap for the blue force, who will already be in difficulty because of the lack of proper naval assets and poor helitransportation (I believe that landing on non-carrier ship is difficult even for a quite experienced pilot, not to mention the noob pilots like myself.)

I suggest that the blufor will receive 1. attack helis and several transchoppers, 2. a new boat, something like a torpedoboat, fast, agile and powerful, and not exactly a warship nor exactly like the RIB we have now.

Glimmerman
2009-11-26, 11:53
i cant see the images, must be something with the forum rights again.

Masaq
2009-11-26, 13:21
Of course, what everyone's missing is the obvious question...

"What's the best way to land troops from a helicopter onto a boat...?" ;)

Bellator
2009-11-26, 13:27
Masaq;1192420']Of course, what everyone's missing is the obvious question...

I know, fastropes, fastropes!:mrgreen:

Do I get something?

While I'm sure the developers are busy making the new pirate officer model, you know, the insurgent with a wooden leg, eyepatch and a hook-hand, I think that making a new boat design is important to this map. IMO. Especially since fastropes are not likely to be implemented.

foxxravin
2009-11-26, 13:38
Looks awesome! :D

Redamare
2009-11-26, 14:58
AWSOME :D this is going to be a fun map to play with the new African resistance fighters :) hah good job

H.sta
2009-11-26, 15:24
Masaq;1192420']Of course, what everyone's missing is the obvious question...

wait a minute... this a dev... not just a dev it's Masaq, it is possible he is giving us a clue to what we might espect with this map... :shock:

Maxfragg
2009-11-26, 15:35
no, obviously he's just making fun of you

H.sta
2009-11-26, 15:38
most likely he is... but i want to believe!

Masaq
2009-11-26, 16:04
ooooooooh, 'cause I'm a believer!

I! Believe!
I! Believe!

Scot
2009-11-26, 16:57
Don't stop beeliieeeving! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDY2I5pni90)

Archerchef
2009-11-26, 17:09
yay f18 :D wonder how carrier landing is gona work

Rangu
2009-11-26, 17:22
yay f18 :D wonder how carrier landing is gona work

Actually, landing on a flight deck is one of the most difficult things you can do in PR. The flight deck only has about 500 feet (~150 meters) of runway space for landing planes, which isn't nearly enough for the heavy, high-speed jets on U.S. carriers, like the F18.
To land on the flight deck, each plane needs a tailhook, which is exactly what it sounds like -- You need two players to land, one in the pilot seat, and one positioned under the aircraft equiped with a hook. The pilot's goal is navigate the aircraft above the carrier, and the thrower will have to snag the tailhook on one of four arresting wires, sturdy cables woven from high-tensile steel wire.

=(DK)=stoffen_tacticalsup
2009-11-26, 17:28
Dont ever die before you finish this map at least.

Zeno
2009-11-26, 18:11
lol this map is such a ripoff from my map:lol:

the only diffenrence is that i had bluefor start on land with an 1km airfield and there was a radarstation and a big dock:wink:

octo-crab
2009-11-26, 18:20

the only diffenrence is that i had bluefor start on land with an 1km airfield and there was a radarstation and a big dock:wink:

Pics or it didn't happen :P

Zeno
2009-11-26, 18:36
Pics or it didn't happen :P

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/ultrakill91/skip1.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/ultrakill91/havn2.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/ultrakill91/flyplass1.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/ultrakill91/Untitled.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/ultrakill91/vei1.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/ultrakill91/skog1.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/ultrakill91/skip2.jpg

yes i did happen:razz:

andrewthecool
2009-11-26, 19:08
link to the DL of that map plz!?!?!?

it looks awsum!

Zeno
2009-11-26, 19:12
lol if you can magicaly fix HDDs i would send you it and make a Statue of you in front of one of the ships:lol:

andrewthecool
2009-11-26, 19:26
:(

u sure u dont have any friends who DLed it or sumthing? i wants badly!

:sad:

Zeno
2009-11-26, 19:47
well actualy im doing a 4km map which is very similar:lol:

CodeRedFox
2009-11-26, 19:54

Not quite ;-)

Zeno
2009-11-26, 20:00
CodeRedFox;1192678']Not quite ;-)

yes i forgot to mention that its located in norway and that it kicks ass:lol:

Herbiie
2009-11-26, 22:02
*Sniff*

CRF you've made me try to finish off my all sea map - I hope you're happy! :P

great map mate :)

Nehil
2009-11-26, 22:45
It looks like it's made from pure awesomesauce. Nice work, can't wait to try it out!

andrewthecool
2009-11-26, 22:57
i MUST learn how to make maps for PR. this is to AWSOME! i need to make myself some maps like this!

BogusBoo
2009-11-27, 12:18
sounds real good!

-.-Maverick-.-
2009-11-27, 13:50
:shock:Wow nice work, I never expected anything like this in PR.

Dev1200
2009-11-27, 14:01
Probably the coolest thing I've ever seen.

I hope the OPFOR don't get loaded with AA weapons like they do in every single insurgent map that has air. Wouldn't they just have RPG's?

Zeno
2009-11-27, 14:16
Somali Pirates' Unexpected Booty: Russian Tanks - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1844914,00.html)

the vessel was carrying 33 T-72 battle tanks to Kenya.

foxxravin
2009-11-27, 14:17
Anyone know if this is going to be a very leet map?

mat552
2009-11-27, 15:59
Somali Pirates' Unexpected Booty: Russian Tanks - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1844914,00.html)

Did it also come with compliant crewman, extra parts and ammo?

Nibbit
2009-11-27, 16:35
nice map, looking good, I like how all the containers are off the ship in the water, looks slick.

Rhino
2009-11-27, 16:45
i MUST learn how to make maps for PR. this is to AWSOME! i need to make myself some maps like this!

[Map Tutorial List] Where to start mapping? ('https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189-modding-tutorials/20862-map-tutorial-list-where-start-mapping.html')

H.sta
2009-11-27, 21:55
I think this is the post you ment to quote Rhino

Spartan0189
2009-11-27, 21:56
Hm, Interesting, would be nice to see some lightly armored men hop out of tanks :P

space
2009-11-28, 01:09

More of a "rip off" of a map that I did some work on, which was based on exactly the same place :razz:

As CRF knows, I abandoned it as I suspected that the game play would suck (My map was based very much around ships with only a small area of land - it was going to be an 8km map)

I suspect that this map will be mainly land based to get around the game play issues of assaulting ships out at sea.

CodeRedFox
2009-11-28, 02:27
More of a "rip off" of a map that I did some work on, which was based on exactly the same place :razz:

Actually I dont totally remember your map, I do remember you discussing a 8km map which I advised against (technically problematic)

I took a look around the forums for the same AO and didnt come up with much. So to you and the others I never planned to rip off anyone's ideas. On the contrary, I took a look at what people had said AND done about the idea and then flushed out what it would actually take, then decided to actually do and do what I need to get it done which is the hard part and more important only way to claim you did it first. While this may be easy to say its allot harder to do. Plus saying its been ripped off is only valid if its a completed map. I have about 12 maps that I have started to a point that are now being "ripped off" by others. But I would never go and say that because doing is allot different then talking. I know you not accusing me of "you stole my idea and should recognize it" but realize ideas are a dime a dozen in the game world and with all the conflicts going on in the world every idea has been talked about.

This map wouldn't be made if it wasn't for the new cargo ship which is a crucial part of the design. Its allot different then throwing a few non-enter able ships and a aircraft carrier on a ocean based map and calling it done. A water map with some pre-existing cargo ship throw on it is not too completed. Hell I have ALL the older cargo ship placed with prop populated in a few hours. I could have called it a day but thats not what its about.

I suspect that this map will be mainly land based to get around the game play issues of assaulting ships out at sea.

Nope, re-read the first post. Thats allot of sea to NOT use. ;-)

Now that is been a few days I can give everyone a clear idea of what I have been mapping and planing. As always its not final and of course WIP

Main line of game play will be for the BLUFOR to: Capture a number of cargo ship and hold them (with limited assests), then move inland if required to do so. Mean while the OPFOR will have much more control over the battlefield with a bias amount of assest for them as they are on home turf.

This of course may change but what it brings to the table is fighting on a static much like the caves were on Korengal. And like Korengal I dont plan on making it easy.

I'll be releasing more pics and info when I finish some tasks for 0.9 release.

space
2009-11-28, 02:45
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/spacemanc/pirates2.jpg

My map was called CTF-151 - it was posted in the R-COM section and I'm pretty sure you commented on it iirc

Notice that I put " " around "rip off" - they were zenos words not mine ;)

I was planning enterable ships, and maybe even some kind of new "cache" system to simulate hostages. In the end I decided that it would be too hard to make assaulting the ships fair, as there is obviously zero cover for the attacking force.

Anyway good luck with it - it looks cool so far. :)

Rhino
2009-11-28, 09:04

If you didn't abandon making the map you might have a point, but the fact is you stopped working on it after 1 or 2 weeks of working on the idea, so it can hardly be a rip off when there is nothing out or going to be out there to rip off from.

Herbiie
2009-11-28, 09:14
CodeRedFox;1193513']
Nope, re-read the first post. Thats allot of sea to NOT use. ;-)

Not as much as Muttrah, or so it seems. ;)

LEHellSpawn
2009-11-28, 10:02
Would be cool to see this as a joint venture map. 8) Something similar to BF EF?
Factions included in Operation Atlanta would be; France, UK, Germany etc...Basically NATO forces.
Mayor SP would be a french navy ship with maybe a german helicopter for transport and russian speed boats for near costal attacks and SP defence. Im not shure if German soldiers are allowed to go onshore onto Somalia or not. Thats the reason for making them Transport only.

The pirates should maybe have a kit of an old M16 rifle left by the Americans back in 1991, maybe the SL kit or something.

Dnt knw if u will like this or if it works, but its an idea :???:

projectrealitycanada
2009-11-28, 16:06
This is why fast roping will help :p.

Nehil
2009-11-28, 22:16
Did it also come with compliant crewman, extra parts and ammo?

Well, if've got 33 tanks you've got spare parts for atleast 1 tank. Anyways I have a suggestion; (although this is not the thread for that)

What if the pirates are given 1 T-72 with the main gun offline? To simulate no ammo. Also it would be able to carry a couple of troops on the turret, sort of like a heavly armored Stryker. It wont be able to pick of choppers with a Sabot, but it could provide some .50 cal fire support and get a squad to the battle.

That would make the LAT and HAT kit useful for BLUFOR-forces on a insurgent map. Just a suggestion...

Zeno
2009-11-29, 11:16
1 T-72 with the main gun offline? To simulate no ammo.

It appears almost certain that the pirates had no idea of the cargo aboard the Belize-flagged Faina, which Ukrainian Defense Minister Yuri Yekhanurov told the Interfax news agency was being sold to Kenya. He said the cargo included grenade launchers and ammunition.

Kenyan government spokesman Alfred Mutua said his government had purchased the hardware. "The cargo in the ship includes military hardware such as tanks and an assortment of spare parts for use by different branches of the Kenyan military,"

i say give them what they got8-)

and about the "ripoff".. i was joking:roll:

RedAlertSF
2009-11-29, 15:17
This map could really use a new game mode, something like that pirates can capture any of the ships on the map, but only 1 at a time. After it's captured, BLUFOR has like 10-15 minutes to capture it back and if they fail the game is over.

Anyway, it looks very promising!

CodeRedFox
2009-11-30, 06:34
This map could really use a new game mode

Who know what the future holds ;-)

Maxfragg
2009-11-30, 07:01
i guess "objective" as gamemode might still be out there ...

CodeRedFox
2009-12-01, 02:35
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums65-picture729.jpg
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums65-picture730.jpg

ledo1222
2009-12-01, 04:41
Nice new Screens. Can,t wait to play.:lol:

Zeno
2009-12-01, 05:35
great placement of statics there:wink:

i am going to enjoy laying in the bushes at beach and cut down incomming infiddels8-)

psychickactivity
2009-12-01, 09:13
Drink a glass of freshlemon near the sea , under the threes and let the life go , before the FIGHT !!
Nice pics and thank you for show us this .Cant wait 0.9....
Thanks again ..

Gunner4712
2009-12-01, 10:40
oh man, this looks epic.

RHYS4190
2009-12-01, 10:45
i know in real life Assaulting a cargo ship and securing it a very tall order, Iv been inside cargo ships before and i can say they are innately defendable. there are hundreds of little warrens and possible ambush points and chock points inside those ships. Id suggest making it impossible to place dog boxes in the ship, other wise you never be able to capture them.

Which is why i alway's find it extremely ridiculous that pirates where able to capture them in the past in the first place,

Antonyo
2009-12-01, 10:58
The map so far looks great :thumbsup: and im realy looking forward to the new and interesting gameplay this map will feature. Keep up the good work CRF!

mikeyb118
2009-12-01, 12:56
I like the concept but camping priates combined with ironsights may be a problem. Will BLUFOR get flashbangs? :D

Ts4EVER
2009-12-01, 16:06
About the lighting problems: I seem to remember a thread on the old fh forums, where the devs stated that they had to light some of their more complicated statics in 3ds max. You might want to contact them for know how.

SomebodySomeone
2009-12-01, 16:06
O_O Fastroping on cargo ships = win!

CodeRedFox
2009-12-01, 20:53
About the lighting problems: I seem to remember a thread on the old fh forums, where the devs stated that they had to light some of their more complicated statics in 3ds max. You might want to contact them for know how.

Yeah, I didnt want to go into details about how I was going to do it. The ships will be light in 3dsmax.

ledo1222
2009-12-01, 21:11
So this is an AAS or Ins mode?

Gunner4712
2009-12-01, 21:59
I can see it being either. AAS like securing villiages/fuel depots/docks/etc. Insurgency by attempting to destroy caches on the cargo ships and the coastline? Either way, I have a feeling this map will be one to change PR.

asianator365
2009-12-02, 01:38
Please, Please don't give this map to the French. US Marines or Navy Seals all the way!!! Maybe even the British Royal Marines...maybe.

***LeGeNDK1LLER***
2009-12-02, 03:40
tired of americans,chinese or MEC.
give some troubles also at the french soldiers!

attractive and original environment.

if you modders will ever make your own stand alone game you can become rich.

Wakain
2009-12-02, 10:39
the french would be interesting to see here, with their masked specialist riflemen

I think it would be a bit too standard to put US servicemen in Somalia (again:p)

Gunner4712
2009-12-02, 10:44
Maybe, since Russia is becoming more involved in stopping the pirate force, they could be put in.

162eRI
2009-12-02, 11:13
Argg, why can't I see the pictures!!! I tried to open the page with Internet Explorer, same thing, there are no pictures!!! What's the problem TT_TT

Back on the topic of which faction should be used, I believe the French Forces is one of the best faction for this map. According to real circumstances and background, the French navy is fighting the Somalian pirates. And with the US navy, they are two of the main forces around dedicated to fight them!
Of course British, American, Russian forces are also fighting the pirates. But I bet the Somalian wouldn't like to be hunted and captured by Russian navy; joke apart, Russian forces (and British) are less involved in this struggle than both countries above... And I agree we need something new rather than the USMC or British forces... I don't say that because I'm R-COM for the French Forces hahaha

Somali Pirates: French Forces Capture 11 Suspected Pirates And "Mothership" (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/03/somali-pirates-french-for_n_195357.html)
BBC NEWS | Special Reports | Frenchman dies in Somalia rescue (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7994201.stm)
Dickey: How the French Deal With Somali Pirates | Newsweek Voices - Christopher Dickey | Newsweek.com (http://www.newsweek.com/id/194049)
Somali Pirates Vow Revenge on U.S., France on Rescues (Update2) - Bloomberg.com (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601100&sid=aN._wmrxsF98)
France captures 12 suspected Somali pirates | Top News | Reuters (http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE5AC0G320091113)
And the best for the end, Somalian pirates attacked a French navy ship by mistake ROFL. They confused the ship with a commercial ship and rushed toward it...
Somali pirates nabbed trying to attack French Navy - by accident | csmonitor.com (http://features.csmonitor.com/globalnews/2009/05/03/somali-pirates-nabbed-trying-to-attack-french-navy-by-accident/)
BBC NEWS | Africa | Pirates hit navy ship 'in error' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8294858.stm)

crazyivan
2009-12-02, 21:44
Brilliant, i like the creativity of this one especially

Roddi
2009-12-03, 07:14
Looks Gr8. Can't wait.
PS. Jets would be good

Loller
2009-12-03, 12:23
map looks great, looking forward to the future of PR

Player 5
2009-12-04, 01:30
Very nice, the CQC promises to be good.

Iceman01
2009-12-04, 01:55
I think in this map u should make some wood boats since thats what they use....so that the carrier must have a defending squad..more realistic...

arisaka99
2009-12-04, 19:33
This map should be awesome!

hiberNative
2009-12-06, 14:00
i would want to fly the heli on this map and tac-drop people on the ships <3

Deadpool2894
2009-12-07, 00:51
I guess the marines will be the blufor

CodeRedFox
2009-12-07, 03:05
guessing will get you no where ;-) I think I covered that in the brief

i would want to fly the heli on this map and tac-drop people on the ships <3

Hopefully this will bring allot of heli gameplay. I've flown around the map with the blackhawks and even those beasts were able to touch down. And with the modular setup I have it should create just enought blind spots for tach-insertions. While the pics shows a jet its only wishful thinking right now. Depending on who, what, and where I can add stuff will all be done later.

As far as some of the other question involving the OPFOR getting around the plan is to include a few more wooden type boats and transpo boats (all which haven't been completed). In face like most maps I plan on creating a reward system for assets (still haven't nailed anything down yet)

The new enterable cargoship is coming along (which is the main static in this map) but I still have some major interior modeling and texturing passes to do. I took a quick run around it and I think it will be fun. Allot of little passages and u-turns it will be a good CQB enviroment. As far as questions about spawning on the ships and the "too hard to take" PR is slowly moving away from flag spawn.

There is allot to work out and if needed new gameplay modes to talk about with in the team. All requiring allot of work so the first version released may not be the final.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums65-picture731.jpg
Anyways a little look (cut in half) at what I've been working on, not complete just a little WIP from a few weeks ago. Still allot of big rooms that need to be cut down a bit but for now its about placing and more important poly limits.

Panzerfire
2009-12-07, 10:20
oh Yeah! I was hoping for a long time that someone would work on a map replicating the current problem with Piracy in Somalia.

The idea of the enterable ship is quite awesome and I hope you get it done without major problems. 'Though don't stress yourself over it. Big projects can be a headache ;)

One question, Have you played that map from the japanese BF2 mod "Close Quarters Battle" in which the JSDF team has to destroy two missiles inside a cargo ship?

162eRI
2009-12-07, 12:07
Nice work, it reminds me of CQB Nemoship awesome map!
wxEog-LIBSM

This ship was really hard to take, even with the BF2 flags system. You should try this map, it may give you some ideas ^^

Gunner4712
2009-12-07, 18:40
Wow, I am so excited to see how this map plays out.

Great job!!

major sharpe
2009-12-07, 19:38
that map looks awesome, who dosnt like pirates!

fludblud
2009-12-07, 20:23
OOOHH can we have one of those cargo ships carrying 34 T72s?

rampo
2009-12-07, 21:08
Can i has african resistance forces for this map please?

nk87
2009-12-07, 23:14
I was shot down on here when I came up with a similar idea a year ago ;) Looking good anyway.

CodeRedFox
2009-12-07, 23:58
thanks for the video 162eRI, cool someone else has made one. Lets me know mine will at least work!

Oddsodz
2009-12-08, 15:18
I was shot down on here when I came up with a similar idea a year ago ;) Looking good anyway.

I Know how you feel. lol

dcKarter
2009-12-08, 16:19
Very bright idea, I'm loving the mapping and concept. Keep it up, looking forward to it.

TheAssProtectors.Nr1
2009-12-09, 17:04
I'm really looking forward to playing this - I hope a modified Insugency mode will work well with the layout!
BTW, here's som inspiration for the modelling of the map:

Pirates of Somalia - The Big Picture - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/03/pirates_of_somalia.html)

Maybe that'll help? :)

TheWhaleHunter
2009-12-09, 22:16
Pirates! Arrr!
Looks awesome, defenatley like the idea about fighting on a boat.

Now I just need a harpoon and I'm ready to fight.

Hokunin
2009-12-10, 05:52
Haha, wanna see some somalian insurgents model, that must be fun

Sgt.BountyOrig
2009-12-10, 15:35
We should look like that guy off the start of casino royale, the one with backpack and the odd hat who does all the cool tricks in the const. site

fishmuffins
2009-12-10, 16:10
looks like a beast u have to have boats on each side for naval battles tho :D

gamerx12
2009-12-11, 00:25
Ever since boat on boat combat in Operation blue Pearl on normal bf2 I've always wanted a PR map like this. Awesome work man =]

sniperrocks
2009-12-11, 01:19
I'm really looking forward to playing this - I hope a modified Insugency mode will work well with the layout!
BTW, here's som inspiration for the modelling of the map:

Pirates of Somalia - The Big Picture - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/03/pirates_of_somalia.html)

Maybe that'll help? :)

LOL I laughed so hard at picture 4 because it looks like they're having fun xD

ruircr
2009-12-11, 04:27
Nice job!!! :mrgreen:

ruircr
2009-12-11, 04:32
Nice :mrgreen:

TheAssProtectors.Nr1
2009-12-11, 10:18
LOL I laughed so hard at picture 4 because it looks like they're having fun xD

Hehe, ofcause they're having fun! Who wouldn't wanna be a pirate?? :P

Sgt.BountyOrig
2009-12-12, 09:47
Just for consideration Fox,
I think the big ships should be AAS points all cappable at once by either team, when pirates have the point they can spawn there, when attackers have the CP they cant, beneficial in that the attackers dont get fired at as much.
Little suggestion

CodeRedFox
2009-12-12, 10:22
There will be no flag point spawns, I have other ideas in mind. PR wants to get away from the magic spawn looks.

[FIN]Spartacus
2009-12-12, 17:51
Nice map! Now we can teach those fanatic fundamentalists mujahideens !

Bellator
2009-12-12, 18:01
Now we can teach those fanatic fundamentalists mujahideens !

Yes, new buildable assets include a school.

Gunner4712
2009-12-12, 18:50
Yes, new buildable assets include a school.

hahahaha

sittingboob
2009-12-17, 15:06
This looks awesome cant wait till its done :P

CodeRedFox
2009-12-17, 16:22
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums65-picture749.jpg
Little Xmas update

MAP
The map is done as far as static placement (besides the cargo ships). Then will go to Lighting....which is never fun.

Cargo Ship
The outside modeling is about done on the main static. Might add some more external items like cranes, lifeboats, High end things like ropes and still need to work on the modular options. Next will be detailing the interior, all six stories. Then on to texturing. As you can see I've added a helicopter landing area which should provide allot of fun but there will be other opportunities to land else where as well.

Panzerfire
2009-12-17, 16:37
OMG!
That's looking so sexy. :D

Keep up the good work! This map is definitively going to be awesome and refreshing for a BF2 mod. :thumbsup:

DankE_SPB
2009-12-17, 16:41
looks awesome! :-D

one nitpicky moment though
are those exhaust pipes near helipad made in that way irl? its like one of their purpose is to block pilots view by smoke:mrgreen: /smartassness
impressive work nonetheless

CodeRedFox
2009-12-17, 16:46
Unfortunately the cargo ship is not based on anything real, its parts of real ships mashed together to create a ship that PR can use modularity. In fact most cargo ship do not have a heli landing area. Instead they rope cargo and men to the deck, and you can see where that would be a problem :-P

DankE_SPB
2009-12-17, 16:49
ah, i see then:smile:

iwillkillyouhun
2009-12-17, 21:05
i love the idea :) gg

TheLean
2009-12-17, 22:24
CodeRedFox;1210429']Unfortunately the cargo ship is not based on anything real, its parts of real ships mashed together to create a ship that PR can use modularity. In fact most cargo ship do not have a heli landing area. Instead they rope cargo and men to the deck, and you can see where that would be a problem :-P

Hey, have you thought about adding fastropes?

:D

CodeRedFox
2009-12-18, 01:56
Why you son of a $#%@$%!

Xenon_
2009-12-20, 15:23
looks great....

Karpo-Pappa
2009-12-21, 17:18
I was just thinking couple of days ago that some pirate map would be cool... and when i explore the forums closer I foud its already coming :D

USMCMIDN
2009-12-22, 13:19
hey any ideas of what factions.... Im hoping USMC lol

Ryan
2009-12-28, 07:06
will there be a a militant or somalian milita team?

1GeKKo3
2009-12-28, 19:36
Nice work. Reminds me of the South Park episode where they go there and become pirates. Classic.

EaglesNestOne
2009-12-29, 03:35
CodeRedFox;1191346']
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums65-picture722.jpg

The shipment of fail looks hilarious. Good work on the map, it looks very nice. PR needs more Oceanic maps like this.

Good luck,
EaglesNestOne

CodeRedFox
2010-02-08, 09:16
Bit of a update now the 0.9 is out

Been working on the cargo ship layout basic texture maps. The main modeling build is done only needing to do some bundling work for chairs and other crap inside.

Its gonna be a tight fight once we get guys inside, hopefully I can get out a test for the testers in the next two weeks. Where they can break all my hard work :-P and give me opinions. More work is being done on the land side and hopefully will be fun as well.

Chuc
2010-02-09, 06:12
CoD4 cargo ship insertions anyone? :mrgreen:

CodeRedFox
2010-02-09, 06:41
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums65-picture765.jpg
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums65-picture766.jpg

Dropabag
2010-02-09, 11:52
looks amazing, itll be something completly new and different in pr ;)

Lucke189
2010-02-09, 13:32
Looks awesome. But maybe lower the intensity of the red a little? It's really red, haha.
It's great anyway though. :)

deathstar
2010-02-09, 14:42
Looks like a Mirror's Edge-level, ha!
Anyways, nice work, I'm really looking forward to board that ship.
Somalian pirates weee!

Hauteclocque
2010-02-09, 16:21
I can't see the pics...because I'm a COM...:sad:

AnimalMother.
2010-02-09, 16:26
Hauteclocque;1261829']I can't see the pics...because I'm a COM...:sad:

you can't have all the perks :P

EvilWaffles
2010-02-09, 16:34
Great map look, yeah that was what popped into my head, Mirrors edge. Maybe leave the red like that so you can see it from the other side of the map =D

CodeRedFox
2010-02-09, 17:01
Sorry guys thought I commented that the colors and textures were all stand ins. The final ship will have new textures and will be redoing a bit of it. Stay tuned for more!

Just know that the map is still in development.

CodeRedFox
2010-02-10, 23:30
Another update:

http://www.mikeoakley.com/forweb/pr-eyl-40.jpg
*textures are not the finals, they are just used as place holder for the future.

WIP of the Coal/material option [being built with mapper optional cargo (boxes, coal/dirt, gas)]

http://www.mikeoakley.com/forweb/pr-eyl-41.jpg
*textures are not the finals, they are just used as place holder for the future.

I removed the helipad from the back as it just looked like crap. The team and I were not too happy with it and it was overpowering the back of the boat. But dont worry there will be plenty of places for an insertion. This will allow more internal rooms/cabins which means more hiding places and action. Also the fun of building little objects outside will need to be added.

As always I will keep you all updated when I feel like I can show something. Hopefully this will bring a new experience to PR and on a "dont count on it" hopefully I can twist DB arm in making a new game mode. But that might be like squeezing blood from a rock :-P

Farks
2010-02-10, 23:53
Can't wait til I can storm it, on my own, with a sniper rifle in my hands. ;)

cfschris
2010-02-11, 03:00
Fastrope insert on top of a pirate captured cargo ship via blackhawk....... :tear:

A map like this NEEDS to be made for PR2 as well! F@$tR0P3Z!!!

Sniper77shot
2010-02-11, 03:29
Awesomness can't wait to get my hands on those for mapping :)

Pudding Overlord
2010-02-11, 04:29
two word suggestion... PILOTABLE SHIPS!!!

CodeRedFox
2010-02-11, 07:07

Negative ghostrider...for the cargo ships that is

HangMan_
2010-02-11, 07:14
I think this map is going to be one of the best maps PR has seen. Its like nothing we've had before, im really excited about this project :D Good work CRF!

ma21212
2010-02-11, 08:05
HangMan;1263890']I think this map is going to be one of the best maps PR has seen. Its like nothing we've had before, im really excited about this project :D Good work CRF!

yeah, this is as close to CQB as you can get in PR. Really nice (can I haz mp5-of-death for this map :P :P :P )

NemeanHavoc
2010-02-11, 12:59
Make the ship look a couple years older and rusty, hehe
Nice Id thought, I also had it months ago in the dutch section. hehe
Wonder how the gameplay works out!

@MadTommy, Merci, next time I will read before post.

MadTommy
2010-02-11, 13:32
NemeanHavoc FYI

CodeRedFox;1261906']Sorry guys thought I commented that the colors and textures were all stand ins. The final ship will have new textures and will be redoing a bit of it. Stay tuned for more!

Just know that the map is still in development.

Heskey
2010-02-11, 13:38
Still can't wait for this map to be finished =D

Definitely an interesting map in light of current affairs.

CodeRedFox
2010-02-12, 21:12
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums65-picture769.jpg

ALL WIP and again the colors are just for stand in placements. Working on the interior rooms and hallways. The engine room and bridge will the the hardest part as they are more detailed.

sniperrocks
2010-02-12, 22:01
That's one detailed cargo ship!
I can't wait to see it/ fight on it :)

myles
2010-02-13, 12:02
will there be caches on the boats?

CodeRedFox
2010-02-14, 01:15
Who knows what will be on the boats ;-)

A litlle update: I'm a suckers for updates :lol:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums65-picture770.jpg
A quick WIP of whats going on inside

LithiumFox
2010-02-14, 06:14
O_O Did i mention how you're my favorite fox?

Lutefisk
2010-02-15, 06:07
Definatly:

b8_F4Yk2-cA

Maxfragg
2010-02-15, 07:19
if the boat is split in sections, does that mean that there could be an alternative front of the ship including a helipad for example? would couse the ships to look less uniform

CodeRedFox
2010-02-15, 17:05
Thats the idea. Not only is it made this way for lighting but in the future different pieces can be made. When this is released there will be three middle sections (maybe more) that are different.

lucidrians
2010-02-15, 17:33

Na that wouldn't work, who would want to. I had a nice dream about a shit that moves gradually past the map and the pirates have to take it then blufor have to rescue the boat, just a dream though.

Great work with the ship!

DevilDog812
2010-02-15, 17:56
I had a nice dream about a shit that moves

i think you mean ship. i hope.

CodeRedFox
2010-02-15, 17:59
BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Panzerfire
2010-02-15, 22:05
lol... that's an hilarious typo there. :lol:

The ship surelly looks like a Nice boat.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

myles
2010-02-16, 11:30
I saw a dev working on fastropes before is that how there going to get on the ship as i could not possibliy see landing helicopters on the boat.

gazzthompson
2010-02-16, 11:33
I saw a dev working on fastropes before is that how there going to get on the ship as i could not possibliy see landing helicopters on the boat.

yeah i hear there will be fastropes for this map.

OP: great looking stuff, another amazing looking map... cant wait

Drav
2010-02-16, 11:36
Getting men onto a ship quickly is actually one of the few instances I've heard of ingame that actually calls for fastropes........

RHYS4190
2010-02-16, 11:45
once you give them fast ropes They will want assault pods next you mark my words children are never happy with the toy's they have been given.

Rhino
2010-02-16, 12:01
Drav;1269391']Getting men onto a ship quickly is actually one of the few instances I've heard of ingame that actually calls for fastropes........

in real life yes since the ship is rocking about all over the place in the swell of the sea but ingame, no :p

Maj.Punkt
2010-02-16, 14:46
awesome :D

CodeRedFox
2010-02-16, 17:01
fast ropes..... LOL
I like how gazzthompson is reinforcing the hype

myles
2010-02-16, 17:12
Rhino;1269402']in real life yes since the ship is rocking about all over the place in the swell of the sea but ingame, no :p

LALALALALALAALALAALALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU!!!! LALALALAALALA

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

rushn
2010-02-16, 20:31
did someone say fastropes? :-o

bakehouse
2010-02-19, 08:24
did someone say fastropes? :-o

OMG YOU SAID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Gu^n3r
2010-02-19, 11:44
Rhino;1269402']in real life yes since the ship is rocking about all over the place in the swell of the sea but ingame, no :p

I dunknw those seas are rough as, ive seen them swallow up aircraft on both sides without even a ripple effect... oh wait...

Gunner4712
2010-02-19, 12:34
Great job fox!

lol i remember in BF1942 when you could control those giant aircraft carriers on wake

mangeface
2010-02-22, 23:30
SHIP WARFARE!!! I MIGHT GET MY CHANCE TO USE A MA-DEUCE FROM A RHIB!!!

FASTROPES!!! Is Hitler going to have to explain? I've watched that video at least 50 times, it's so hilarious.

NeuGen
2010-03-01, 21:32
Now if only we had Black Hawk Down... :P

Snazz
2010-03-01, 21:58
Now if only we had Black Hawk Down... :P
Ramiel is supposedly based on Mogadishu, to make it more like Black Hawk Down it would need an African militia instead of the current generic middle eastern insurgents. Possible if the African Resistance Fighters faction is realized.

Ls4SpeedPilot
2010-03-02, 20:12
this would be nirvana :lol:

Nehil
2010-03-06, 14:32
Do want. Now, kthxbye.

Seriously, this map is going to be the shiznit.

mangeface
2010-03-08, 13:58
Ramiel is supposedly based on Mogadishu, to make it more like Black Hawk Down it would need an African militia instead of the current generic middle eastern insurgents. Possible if the African Resistance Fighters faction is realized.

That would be EPIC. Now all we need are fastropes and Josh Harnett.

Snazz
2010-03-08, 15:26
That would be EPIC. Now all we need are fastropes and Josh Harnett.
Lol, It'd be great to have more than 64 players per server so multiple Black Hawks could operate without taking away too much infantry.

Relatively more likely but awesome would be a new Black Hawk model and code.

richyrich55
2010-03-08, 18:41
24 pages later, I can finally offer my opinion.

It looks quite interesting CRF. I'm loving the cargo bay doors.

TH3_BL4CK
2010-03-09, 12:07
Awsome, interesting ideeaa :)

lol-child
2010-03-09, 12:40
cool map

Smiddey723
2010-03-28, 18:32
this is one of the maps i am most looking forward to in the future of PR

myles
2010-03-28, 20:25
Lol, It'd be great to have more than 64 players per server so multiple Black Hawks could operate without taking away too much infantry.

Relatively more likely but awesome would be a new Black Hawk model and code.

If its 64 players fighting on a boat might be not as realistic.
like make blufor have like 20 players like 2 bhs with door gunners to provide CAS and the rest inf and boats. The boats would be epic thowing the grapple on and then invading the boat delta force style lol

[UAA]iRule
2010-03-29, 21:02
Great work.

CodeRedFox
2010-03-29, 21:50
Just a update, I've been working on the interior detail with hallways and rooms. Engine room being the hardest part. Also changing some of the exterior to be useful. Allot of ships have just open walk ways and nothing more then handrails around the ship. This ship will have a bit more protection so player are not just just constantly exposed. But its wont look fake.

hotfranc
2010-03-30, 15:48
Nice can't wait to see it on game

mangeface
2010-04-04, 18:59
Great job CodeRedFox. I think you're probably designing the most epic map for PR. So what's the chances of getting some man sized boats for the map?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_C8c6PV2Sjuw/R56anJLD0LI/AAAAAAAABBo/2YGnXY9RcWw/SWCC.jpg

I know, that's a lot of guns. Could probably cut it down to 2 guns and a driver. An M2 out the front and an M249 out the back. You could have 2 of them on the map, and both be controlled by a squad to do some boat on boat warfare or be an area denial assest to prevent OPFOR from leaving or entering the area being attacked.

lucky.BOY
2010-04-04, 19:56
Great job CodeRedFox. I think you're probably designing the most epic map for PR. So what's the chances of getting some man sized boats for the map?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_C8c6PV2Sjuw/R56anJLD0LI/AAAAAAAABBo/2YGnXY9RcWw/SWCC.jpg

I know, that's a lot of guns. Could probably cut it down to 2 guns and a driver. An M2 out the front and an M249 out the back. You could have 2 of them on the map, and both be controlled by a squad to do some boat on boat warfare or be an area denial assest to prevent OPFOR from leaving or entering the area being attacked.

Yeah, that looks very nice, but i think it does not vary from the boat in vBF2 too much. Seems to me that the only difference is in that rear MG :). What I am expecting on this map is the boat for pirates. Maybe something like this?
http://aidemocracy.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/somali-pirates.jpg

mangeface
2010-04-04, 21:48
Yeah, that looks very nice, but i think it does not vary from the boat in vBF2 too much. Seems to me that the only difference is in that rear MG.

Well, the difference is that it has a .50 MG in the front. The one in the pic has an M134, but that's too much ownage. I figure it could drop all troop carrying capabilities, so that whoever is using it can focus on just it's purpose instead of having to ferry troops bitching on the shore.

Most are normally armed with: 1 twin .50 in the front, 2 M240's off the sides, and 1 .50 off of the back. Some carry Mk19s also. But that's pretty ridiculous for what the BLUFOR will be fighting, as I think it's going to be pretty lopsided. Then again, I could be wrong.

Maxfragg
2010-04-05, 10:09
these boats are only used by US-SF and since PR is not about SF .... (oh and its in the ASS thread)

Wakain
2010-04-05, 10:20
two miniguns on a light assault boat would be too much I guess:p

Rudd
2010-04-05, 10:49
two miniguns on a light assault boat would be too much I guess:p

in an emergency you could put them on the back for extra propulsion!

Wakain
2010-04-05, 11:27
Rudd;1313332']in an emergency you could put them on the back for extra propulsion!

haha lol, but of course that would give the blufor an unfair advantage:p

LarryEF
2010-04-08, 07:21
this look's great, good job!

CodeRedFox
2010-04-08, 21:54
Another follow up to some questions.

Boats: The closer I get to finishing this map we (PR) should be getting some new boats. Not allot, just a few older speed boats and large fishing boats (might be controllable) which should be interchangeable on maps. But thats still a task the needs to be done. For the Blufor the current black boats will be the weapon of choice.

BLUFOR and OPFOR factions:
Nether have been chosen and wont until I get closer to the final. I would love a Somalian insurgency but I'm relying on other to do something like this because it might not be worth a new factions if its not on any other maps. Factions in PR get tossed back and forth all the time and will be decided way later.