PDA

View Full Version : [Weapon] Artillery Updates

dbzao
2009-11-16, 00:13
We have been working on improving the artillery for v0.9.

In this new setup with have a battery of four 105mm artillery pieces, simulating a realistic rate of fire and impact area, based on military advice.

_PaCHYoPsL4

In the video, the projectiles timings should be actually a little closer together, but we are working on it.

Ironcomatose
2009-11-16, 00:17
So with in that radius is it safe to say that an arty round hit the whole area? Cause i hate that now when you call arty the enemy disappears in the smoke only to pop up after the strike is over.

Bamtoman
2009-11-16, 00:20
Wouldn't there be a longer boom sound?

Conman51
2009-11-16, 00:40
that looks and sounds really really kick ass!!!

if only it was more available then like one per game

Ironcomatose
2009-11-16, 00:43
that looks and sounds really really kick ass!!!

if only it was more available then like one per game

Yeah good point. Arty is really not such a big deal that it should be available only once. Im thinking more like 3 times? I know its all based on time and how long the map last really but im sure you guys could find away. ;)

Conman51
2009-11-16, 00:44
Yeah good point. Arty is really not such a big deal that it should be available only once. Im thinking more like 3 times?

well its not really the number, its just the amount of time is so long that there usually is only one available per round but if a round does go on for anout 3 hours then you could see 3 but that usually only happens on kashan

Ironcomatose
2009-11-16, 00:47
well its not really the number, its just the amount of time is so long that there usually is only one available per round but if a round does go on for anout 3 hours then you could see 3 but that usually only happens on kashan

Yeah i edited my post to say that cause i knew someone would.

Maybe they could just reduce the timer or make it a little longer but have 3 strikes be available when you finally get them.

OkitaMakoto
2009-11-16, 00:51
Hah, looking good. Loving the arty team that must ride the short bus... BOOM BOOM BOOM................BOOM!

BOOM BOOM BOOM...........................BOOM!

Haha pick up the pace arty team #4!! :)

Peeta
2009-11-16, 01:04
OkitaMakoto;1184086']Hah, looking good. Loving the arty team that must ride the short bus... BOOM BOOM BOOM................BOOM!

I didn't understand any part of that post. Okita are you drunk?

Anwyho nice arty, luvin it.

Ironcomatose
2009-11-16, 01:06
I didn't understand any part of that post. Okita are you drunk?

Anwyho nice arty, luvin it.

Hes trying to make fun of the apparent retarded gun team on that last gun lagging behind with that last shot. :-P

dbzao
2009-11-16, 01:08
Oh yea... :p They are indeed a little late, that's why I said the timings were off :)

Tomato-Rifle
2009-11-16, 01:14
OkitaMakoto;1184086']Hah, looking good. Loving the arty team that must ride the short bus... BOOM BOOM BOOM................BOOM!

I know right xD

Nice work guys!

OkitaMakoto
2009-11-16, 01:19
I like it, might lure a few enemies into a false sense of security.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!................
"Is it over?" *peeks head out*
BOOM!
*dies*

Once again, good work. Looks and sounds great too.

Anhkhoa
2009-11-16, 01:20
24 shots in 60 seconds. 6 shots a gun.

Cool. ;-)

But why the 105s and not the 155s?

Hoboknighter
2009-11-16, 01:44
Will the cooldown timer be modified from 60 minutes? For example, 30 minutes or 20 minutes instead?

agentscar
2009-11-16, 02:04
See arty team #4 isn't "slow"..They're just playin mind games with the enemies,lol..But the arty looks like it's coming along nicely! :)

Jaymz
2009-11-16, 02:12
24 shots in 60 seconds. 6 shots a gun.

Correct, in the video you see a 60 second barrage @ 6rpm. However, that's liable change to a 30 second barrage @ 8rpm.

But why the 105s and not the 155s?

We discussed both thoroughly. Having it be 105mm allows for double the rate of fire which we found preferable. Even with the damage realistically modelled after the 105mm HE round, it's much more devastating than the artillery in the current release.

charliegrs
2009-11-16, 02:53
is there anyway to get the incoming artillery sound like in this video?:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWBjbzK-KOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWBjbzK-KOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
that sound right before the explosion. everytime i hear that it sends shivers down my spine. i bet it would to whoevers on the recieving end of the arty in PR too.

Jaymz
2009-11-16, 03:24
^ The sounds are like that already. The problem is getting them to play and be heard properly when incoming. In the words of those invisible bastards in Warcraft3, "I'll look into it!"

Nibbit
2009-11-16, 05:30
nice one, looking very good

Nibbit
2009-11-16, 05:32
dbzao;1184090']Oh yea... :p They are indeed a little late, that's why I said the timings were off :)

ooooor they were first to fire :P

Cpl.Small
2009-11-16, 06:42
Yer if you're close to where the round is gonna come down, you can hear that sound, I have many a time

Rawhide
2009-11-16, 07:08
http://voreblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/charlie.jpg

Holy shit, that's.... AWESOME

JacenSolo
2009-11-16, 08:02
I love it!! Bravo http://team-mif-bf2.bbactif.com/users/2313/50/94/90/smiles/96445.gif

Antonyo
2009-11-16, 08:52
That looks awsome and sounds awsome! Keep up the good work devs :thumbsup:

Amok@ndy
2009-11-16, 12:02
great sounds :D

Expendable Grunt
2009-11-16, 12:04
Cannot wait to call this in on some unfortunate bastards, but I know full well I'm going to be on the receiving end every time :p

M.

arjan
2009-11-16, 12:23
Times needs to be decreased though.
instead of 30 minutes it is now.

MonkeySoldier
2009-11-16, 12:38
Times needs to be decreased though.
instead of 30 minutes it is now.
30 minutes?? You smoked too much weed.

Surround
2009-11-16, 13:04
I think that artillery should be availabele every 10 min. Whenever your attacking IRL, you have artillery available. They dont take so good damn much time to reload. Grrr. Artillery once in a match is so useless and isnt so realistic.

Well of course I dont know about the other countries artillery system, but in Finland we have lots of artillery available.

arjan
2009-11-16, 13:09
I think that artillery should be availabele every 10 min. Whenever your attacking IRL, you have artillery available. They dont take so good damn much time to reload. Grrr. Artillery once in a match is so useless and isnt so realistic.

Well of course I dont know about the other countries artillery system, but in Finland we have lots of artillery available.

exactly

Redamare
2009-11-16, 13:22
i like this ALOT :D lol im excited lolol much better and cooler then the arty we have now ^_^ way to go guys

Nebsif
2009-11-16, 14:51
Awesum!, hope u guys will also decrease the reuse like others here suggested.
Talking about arty, Im going to start my service in the IDF arty corps in 2 weekz :P

Surround
2009-11-16, 14:59
The current artillery system reminds me of the driver in film Talladega Nights. There the driver has takes a pee, goes eat something, calls his mother. Does everything excep drives.

In pr it´s the same thing with arillery. Before you can order a strike, you have to wait the artillery crew to finish their lunch, wait them to finish writing for their moms, take a dump, finish watching Family guy or something else.

And talk about Jdam. Damn thats useless.

Herbiie
2009-11-16, 15:21
Awesum!, hope u guys will also decrease the reuse like others here suggested.
Talking about arty, Im going to start my service in the IDF arty corps in 2 weekz :P

Just don't be like Team #4 - fire in time trooper!

Surround - on Average in Afghanistan it takes 20 minutes for an air strike to arrive. If the Jdam is called in then you should be suppressing the enemy to hold them in position.

jbgeezer
2009-11-16, 15:26
very beutiful.

Surround
2009-11-16, 15:44
@Herbie

Okay, now I understand Jdam better, but the artillery system isstill waaay to slow in Finnish standard.

HunterMed
2009-11-16, 15:49
The current artillery system reminds me of the driver in film Talladega Nights. There the driver has takes a pee, goes eat something, calls his mother. Does everything excep drives.

In pr it´s the same thing with arillery. Before you can order a strike, you have to wait the artillery crew to finish their lunch, wait them to finish writing for their moms, take a dump, finish watching Family guy or something else.

And talk about Jdam. Damn thats useless.

hehe...

very cool sounds and impacts there! looking forward to it

Tarantula
2009-11-16, 16:17
i like that its longer, that was a good minutes worth of bombing

BloodBane611
2009-11-16, 16:51
That looks fantastic! I'm not a fan of a lot of artillery, but definitely more than every 60 minutes. Every 10 or 20 minutes would be good in my opinion. Having a limited amount of artillery shells would be even better. Have the arty with no recharge time, but once you fire your 30/60/90/however many rounds you don't get more.

MurderDogg
2009-11-16, 16:52
is there anyway to get the incoming artillery sound like in this video?:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWBjbzK-KOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWBjbzK-KOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
that sound right before the explosion. everytime i hear that it sends shivers down my spine. i bet it would to whoevers on the recieving end of the arty in PR too.

I find good sounds more important than graphics for suspension of disbelief. The psychological impact from such sounds should not be underestimated. Most war films have etched the horror of incoming artillary deep into our common psyche I hope they get them to play correctly. I would also suggest decreasing the loading time to 25 minutes. Shake things up a bit.
Also, the other videos from that link are also interesting for creating the full artillary experience.

Rangu
2009-11-16, 17:47
An outstanding firemission. Good effect on target. :)

martov
2009-11-16, 18:31
espectacular. :mrgreen:

Mad-Mike
2009-11-16, 18:59
Very Nice! 8-)

WelshManDan
2009-11-16, 19:00
What map is this? Must be new as im pretty sure I havent seen a Bridge over water in any desert maps (that low - Karbala is a tall bridge)

Silly_Savage
2009-11-16, 19:28
What map is this? Must be new as im pretty sure I havent seen a Bridge over water in any desert maps (that low - Karbala is a tall bridge)

Based off the clues given in the video (Tavor, view distance, environment, etc.), I'd say that it's Gaza Beach (4km).

L4gi
2009-11-16, 21:05
Insurgency would become too easy for BluFor if arty intervals would be 10 minutes.

Other than that, looks really good!

Rudd
2009-11-16, 21:06
Insurgency would become too easy for BluFor if arty intervals would be 10 minutes.

Other than that, looks really good!

would be good if they had to hold aflag to get their arty.

JERICHO777
2009-11-16, 21:40
ALL HAIL ARTILLERY!!!!!!!!!!

WelshManDan
2009-11-16, 22:16
would be good if they had to hold aflag to get their arty.

That is indeed a good idea. What about Building a Radio Tent (just like the FOB) so that you need to keep that alive in order to keep your Arty up and running. Still with about 15-30 minute intervals just because of overkill.

Nitneuc
2009-11-16, 22:32
Mortars could be used for insurgency then. Nice job BTW, I'd also like to see arty timer decreased to 20-25 minutes. Especially if the RP are removed : we'll need some heavy guns to counter the massive zerg spawn on the FireBases.

doggreen
2009-11-16, 23:33
Artillery must be used properly to reduce the time between the charges in my opinion should be a maximum for 30 minutes apart. Less than this one will want to complete the tasks!

I understand that in real battlefield the cadence of shots and interval may be smaller than in the game, but not everything should be equal.

As noted with the firepower and destruction very close to reality as this excellent! good job

The video DBZAO reminds me of the video below ..of where to find that the sound of the shots

YouTube - US Army - Artillery barrage exploding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3oWY-Kxzx0)

Clypp
2009-11-17, 03:01
Awesome. I only wish there was a way to add propagation delay to the sounds to make them seem a second or two after the impact. That would blow my mind....even more.

Jaymz
2009-11-17, 03:26
Awesome. I only wish there was a way to add propagation delay to the sounds to make them seem a second or two after the impact. That would blow my mind....even more.

That's in the engine already. Basically there's a couple hundred meters or so before the distance delay applies to sounds (this helps prevent a few sound bugs).

Ninja2dan
2009-11-17, 08:56
The dev team has been putting a lot of work into improving the artillery system in PR. With the help of MA's they are getting the details of the real artillery systems, and then converting that information into data that is balanced for gameplay. Compared to the "current" artillery in PR, the new stuff is going to blow you away...literally.

It's going to be up to the map/mission makers to properly determine what types of assets belong for their specific games based on the new changes and what type of game style they want to do. But with these new changes being made all the time, maps are only going to get better and better.

@Doggreen - That video you linked is actually from Fort Sill, filmed while I was there back in the late 90's (that's how old the video is). The first scene shows a 155mm WP round, the second scene shows a single 155mm ICM round, the third scene a second 155mm WP round, and the final scene shows an MLRS DPICM round.

One of the others videos made at the time shows off a mixture of different artillery, something we put together to show off to parents what their new soldiers were learning.

Artillery :: sill.flv video by Ninja_STO - Photobucket (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Ninja_STO/Artillery/?action=view&current=sill.flv)

Teek
2009-11-17, 09:04
oh, now I know why the MLRS is called 'Steel Rain' :D

Thanks Dan

:thumbsup:

Engineer
2009-11-17, 14:56
Realistic rate of fire, with 3 artillery pieces?

Come on, I know you can do better than that... Amount might be enough for insurgency or something, but in all out war I believe there is plenty more of action if available...

X3idbJF0iB0

rampo
2009-11-17, 17:08

Come on, I know you can do better than that... Amount might be enough for insurgency or something, but in all out war I believe there is plenty more of action if available...

X3idbJF0iB0

hahahaa finnish field artillery FTW

Amok@ndy
2009-11-17, 17:40
not really you ever seen a PzH2000 of the German Artillery ? or the MARS (german version of the MRLS)
those vehicles rulez !

Ninja2dan
2009-11-17, 17:44

I'm sorry, but I don't see the point you are trying to make. There are four artillery guns firing with the new artillery mentioned in this topic. And yes, they are set to use a realistic rate of fire. Just about any artillery system of a similar caliber is going to have a pretty similar rate of fire. It has nothing to do about being in war or not, it's a limitation of the artillery gun itself.

As for that video, the impacts at the end are so numerous and rapid because they are ICM munitions, and not HE rounds.

rampo
2009-11-17, 18:37
not really you ever seen a PzH2000 of the German Artillery ? or the MARS (german version of the MRLS)
those vehicles rulez !

Yea i know those high tech things but finland's got a sick ammount of those cannons

Amok@ndy
2009-11-17, 19:06
WW2 relicts ? lol :D

doggreen
2009-11-17, 23:56
@ [R-DEV] Ninja2dan

Thank you for your excellent explantion.As often see the videos on youtube but impress us they do not always contain the necessary explanations.

Particularly I love guns, unfortunately here in Brazil the equipment of the Brazilian army are very old are still in use M-105, and 105 mm M-114 AR 155 mm.

In journals that are now thinking of upgrading these old men are trading at about 105 mm by L-118 Light Gun English, and by 155 M-198 American still in negotiation.

You are doing an excellent job putting the artillery and close to reality in PR. Congratulations to all

Ninja2dan
2009-11-18, 00:58
@ [R-DEV] Ninja2dan

Thank you for your excellent explantion.As often see the videos on youtube but impress us they do not always contain the necessary explanations.

Particularly I love guns, unfortunately here in Brazil the equipment of the Brazilian army are very old are still in use M-105, and 105 mm M-114 AR 155 mm.

In journals that are now thinking of upgrading these old men are trading at about 105 mm by L-118 Light Gun English, and by 155 M-198 American still in negotiation.

You are doing an excellent job putting the artillery and close to reality in PR. Congratulations to all

I remember spending some time with a Brazilian artillery crew that came to Fort Sill back in 1998. I had the pleasure of demonstrating the newer howitzers to their crew and explaining some of the advancements made in munitions. Back then they said they were using the M102 105mm and the M114 155mm. I have fired both, but that was a rare circumstance. Did you mean the M102 instead of M105?

The L118 is also the older base version of the M119 that is still in service with the US Army. They aren't a bad gun, very easy to maintain and transport. Hell, you could probably pull one with a couple cattle. That is actually the weapon system that the updated artillery in PR is going to replicate, with some minor differences to make it compatible with other nations and to fit into gameplay aspects.

The M198 155mm is being phased out of the US military in favor of the new M777 155mm, and the US Army and USMC still have tons of the M198 in their inventories that they are trying to find a new home. It wouldn't surprise me if Brazil was trying to acquire those used M198's, which were excellent guns.

One word of caution and advice to everyone regarding the use of Wikipedia and Youtube as a source of reference information: That stuff can be uploaded by anyone, even those who have no idea what it is. They might upload a video or image of an M16, and label it as the M14. Soon enough, people are going to start posting incorrect data. Unless you are quoting your reference information directly from the source such as an official military site or a well-known and verified media source, then don't believe what you see or read.

There has been a lot of confusion and misinformation spreading around these forums for a few years now, mostly from people quoting or posting from incorrect sources. Don't worry though, there are plenty of military experts within the PR staff and community to make sure that the dev team gets the correct information. I pity da fool who don't verify references.

Engineer
2009-11-18, 05:37
The point is, that artillery strike is not going to cause any fear at all. Which I believe IS one of the tasks what effective artillery should do. Who cares what they shoot, teddy bears or munitions..

Sure its a great step forward, as we see it builds up dust and such... But couple munitions dropping here and there after few seconds, meh...

Expendable Grunt
2009-11-18, 06:15
Teddy bear arty for .9 please :D

Seriously though, can't wait guys!

M.

Jaymz
2009-11-18, 06:21
The point is, that artillery strike is not going to cause any fear at all. Which I believe IS one of the tasks what effective artillery should do. Who cares what they shoot, teddy bears or munitions..

Sure its a great step forward, as we see it builds up dust and such... But couple munitions dropping here and there after few seconds, meh...

I quote myself....

Jaymz;1184114']damage realistically modelled after the 105mm HE round

You must realise this means that the damage radius is twice what it is now in the current release. Along with the fact they're landing in volleys, the entire strike will last longer and the rpm will be a bit quicker than in that video. It's going to be extremely effective, trust me.

This is a basic 105mm barrage we've implemented. It's also a big starting point in the "fire support" overhaul that will be taking place in PR over the next release or two. Who knows...perhaps you'll see a mind melting downpour of sub-munition mayhem in a future highlight :?:

Engineer
2009-11-18, 07:25
Alright, I rest my case as I trust what you are doing.

I hope to see something which makes me wear diapers in the future.

Rudd
2009-11-18, 07:30
Alright, I rest my case as I trust what you are doing.

I hope to see something which makes me wear diapers in the future.

I'm afraid the chances of the PR team adding dominatrixes to the game are quite low.

(even if certain DEVs who will remain nameless like the idea :D )

Slavak
2009-11-18, 08:24
Very cool.

However I don't see the need for such a long barrage on such a small area, the first volley kills everything and the rest is just pretty fireworks and area denial. More, shorter barrages would be awesome however.

Expendable Grunt
2009-11-18, 15:19
Jaymz;1185775']I quote myself....

You must realise this means that the damage radius is twice what it is now in the current release. Along with the fact they're landing in volleys, the entire strike will last longer and the rpm will be a bit quicker than in that video. It's going to be extremely effective, trust me.

This is a basic 105mm barrage we've implemented. It's also a big starting point in the "fire support" overhaul that will be taking place in PR over the next release or two. Who knows...perhaps you'll see a mind melting downpour of sub-munition mayhem in a future highlight :?:

Jaymz, the community will not be happy until we have 155mm arty which fires shells that drop fast ropes. At the end of the fast ropes there must be full auto M4's with "taticool" upgrades that which shoot M95s.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing your work in the first person.

M.

Solid Knight
2009-11-18, 15:30
What you need is a those huge formations of WW2 bombers dropping their payload all over the map.

Ironcomatose
2009-11-18, 16:03
What you need is a those huge formations of WW2 bombers dropping their payload all over the map.

Agreed. Its very realistic i would know because I UZ MARANES!!

Amok@ndy
2009-11-18, 17:11
back to topic pls

Outlawz7
2009-11-18, 20:15
I like, mostly because the artillery in PR atm is useless, it only kills off the slow ones and static stuff, anyone who is a block away from the center can safely go 'yay fireworks' knowing it won't kill him since it has such a small radius. I even saw once someone confusing the MEC artillery strike on Muttrah for a mortar, because it failed so miserably and didn't kill anything.

With this, area attack will actually mean something :)

Darksidesix
2009-11-19, 03:58
Good Fire mission if i must say.... 24 rounds on target.... they should be in volleys of 4 to allow maximum coverage and destruction every 10 seconds for 60 seconds. or 1 round every 3 seconds for 60 seconds for constant fire. This Constant fire for 1 min would allow Blurfor Troops to advance with support by fire and use the smoke to conceal movement allowing a significant tactical advantage while destroying and overwhelming enemy troops.

Fire Mission Battery
HE, Quick, Charge 6
Bearing 3456
Elevation 424
Battery Right
6 Rounds Fire for Effect
03 Seconds

Fire Mission Battery
Danger Close
HE,Quick, Charge 6
Bearing 3464
Elevation 498
At My Command
6 Rounds Fire for Effect
10 Seconds

Being a Gunner I couldn't resist to share my 2 cents.... :razz:

Ninja2dan
2009-11-19, 06:11
Good Fire mission if i must say.... 24 rounds on target.... they should be in volleys of 4 to allow maximum coverage and destruction every 10 seconds for 60 seconds. or 1 round every 3 seconds for 60 seconds for constant fire. This Constant fire for 1 min would allow Blurfor Troops to advance with support by fire and use the smoke to conceal movement allowing a significant tactical advantage while destroying and overwhelming enemy troops.

There are four guns firing, but as mentioned in the original notes one of the guns is firing slightly delayed from the others. Must be a new crew?

A fire mission that takes 60 seconds to complete is probably a little too long in PR, since most destroyable/killable targets within the impact zone would have either been destroyed or killed within the first few shots. This is why the team had desired a 30-second fire mission instead.

The artillery desired at first was the 155mm, since that is the caliber most commonly used unless unavailable. But the average RoF on a 155mm is about 8 RPM, which would mean a Battery would need 60 seconds to fire only 4 rounds each. The 105mm has half the RoF, so you can put out almost the same amount of destruction in half the time. So the 105mm was selected as the base reference for the rounds being used.

Due to the destructive capabilities of the real artillery HE rounds, the size of the blast has been dulled down a little to be more compatible with PR gameplay. The new artillery is capable of simulating the 105mm and any similar-caliber munition used by the other nations in PR which would have howitzer support. The new destruction is nothing like the real thing, but it's much better than what it was in the current release.

Hopefully someone will be able to figure out a way to allow multiple fire mission types as needed by the map designer. If this happens, we can see multiple munition types available depending on the target or situation. Smoke, HE, FASCAM, Copperhead, there are a lot of munition types that I can see having a use in PR at some point. But getting those additional munitions into PR is the question.

I really am liking the new artillery. As a former FA soldier and instructor, I feel that they are doing an awesome job at bringing a more realistic and useful artillery to PR. Once it's added to a live release, I think gameplay styles and mentality of players will change a bit. Players will start to truly understand why they call artillery "Steel Rain".

Acemantura
2009-11-19, 16:05

Shortbus You say!?!

Look at Sig

BTW The Arty looks Great and I hope we can do more than just HE and I hope we can do it more than once every hour.

I really would like to make the commander more exciting and enjoyable than it currently is. However if there are no changes made, I am still a happy camper.

In the DEV's we Trust.

Peace

Ace

Post Script:
You know if I hadn't gone to College I would be in the Marines in the Artillery. It sure does take me back to the good 'ol days in high school when my PreCalculus teacher would talk to me about parabolic arcs and how wind and elevation effect objects that have been flung into the air.

Thanks Ninja, Thanks Dark.

Darksidesix
2009-11-19, 18:16
Ninja2dan;1186709']

I feel that they are doing an awesome job at bringing a more realistic and useful artillery to PR. Once it's added to a live release, I think gameplay styles and mentality of players will change a bit. Players will start to truly understand why they call artillery "Steel Rain".

Yes, They are heading in the right direction... More Artillery and Air will change the aspect from just a run and gun infantry skirmish to more combined arms....

doop-de-doo
2009-11-19, 18:44
Bringing in more arty per hour will almost undo what taking the RPs away has done. Squads will not want to bunch up for fear of being pounded all together in one lump. I definitely think arty will be hugely beneficial, as 1 JDAM doesn't seem to cover enough area.

Has there been any word on the deployable mortar units? I've seen the pics and they make my blood roar... version 0.9?

Hokunin
2009-11-19, 19:26
I just want to know. You can't really hide from that artillery in a crippled wooden hut or little houses being under exact fire barrage and stay alive, right? I mean, there will be no "arty proof" houses, eh?

Zoddom
2009-11-20, 15:04
wow, this is so awesome.
Im really lookin forward to have this artillery ingame !!!!! crazy ...
When I saw a video with sound delay, I would piss in my pants!

Georgerulz111
2009-11-23, 05:24
Wow really nice, looks like a new map too :D

sylent/shooter
2009-11-23, 20:01
I thought it was funny. it was like 3 shots then I'm like huh? wheres the 4th then it hit :D

Deer
2009-12-01, 11:40

A secret ;-) Cool arty sounds, hope it causes some fear effects =)

McBumLuv
2009-12-01, 11:45
Prolly entsil gleea or zaga achbe

SomebodySomeone
2009-12-01, 16:16
:'( beautiful, complete ownage

[RIP]Robbo
2009-12-04, 02:29
Nice better than what we have now :)

Truism
2009-12-04, 05:45
A possible workaround for the problem of people surviving blasts due to slight cover in the terrain is to make each barrage one visual explosion and dozens upon dozens of explosions with no animation or anything that saturate the area stopping people from surviving when they shouldn't.

Durandal
2009-12-04, 10:48
How about artillery that shoots pre-deployed firebases - one of the deadliest silent teamkillers around.

Outlawz7
2009-12-04, 10:53
A possible workaround for the problem of people surviving blasts due to slight cover in the terrain is to make each barrage one visual explosion and dozens upon dozens of explosions with no animation or anything that saturate the area stopping people from surviving when they shouldn't.

Oh, you happen to be a Bf2 modding guru? :roll:

Truism
2009-12-04, 11:09
No, I'm terrible at it. Unworkably bad.

I have been a beta tester for a few mods though, and with engines that have funny rules you often need to do funny things to fix your problems.

And people surviving JDAMs and 105mm barrages because the munition hit a surface slightly higher than them, or one a few meters away that they didn't have line of sight to because of a log is a problem.

darklord656
2009-12-10, 19:38
u guys know what would be awsome. if we had an tank like the m-110 howitzer. ( maybe a bit old but okee) and that it could fire a round every 2 minutes. fully drivabele and a fire range of 1 , 1.5 KM. this means that is only usable for the larger maps though. i wouldn't be an raper,a cuase the shots are not to the meter accurate and u need an exactlocation to fire to. it would be a waste to fire rounds into nowhere. also it will be needed to reload. so u can give it like 10 rounds. ( meaning 20 min of firepower. ) if we could have one like this it would be awsome. :P

this or ziplines :D

hmm what would it be

OriginalWarrior
2009-12-10, 19:54
Oh, oh god no.

pl0x102
2009-12-10, 23:24
looking good, cant wait too call in for some air support with these bad boys!

=Toasted=
2009-12-11, 00:02
u guys know what would be awsome. if we had an tank like the m-110 howitzer. ( maybe a bit old but okee) and that it could fire a round every 2 minutes. fully drivabele and a fire range of 1 , 1.5 KM. this means that is only usable for the larger maps though. i wouldn't be an raper,a cuase the shots are not to the meter accurate and u need an exactlocation to fire to. it would be a waste to fire rounds into nowhere. also it will be needed to reload. so u can give it like 10 rounds. ( meaning 20 min of firepower. ) if we could have one like this it would be awsome. :P

this or ziplines :D

hmm what would it be

Uhh... Haha... No. ;-)

gamerx12
2009-12-11, 00:21
New artillery update looks awesome :D

ruircr
2009-12-11, 04:28
Nice job!!! :mrgreen:

LeBubuSauvage
2009-12-11, 23:52
Is it possible to create some new arty ? I mean 155 mm wich are used in many NATO's Army as heavy arty ?