PDA

View Full Version : Update Project Reality v0.86 and BF2 v1.5 patch

Gaz
2009-08-27, 12:10
DiCE have recently announced (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bf2_2142/archive/2009/08/27/battlefield-2-update-v1-50-is-almost-here.aspx) they are planning to release the Battlefield 2 v1.5 final patch this coming Tuesday, September 1st 2009. Project Reality v0.86 at this time does NOT support the BF2 v1.5 patch. If you wish to continue playing Project Reality, do not patch your BF2 install to 1.5 when it is released. We also ask server providers not to patch their servers, as players will no longer be able to join due to the different base BF2 version.

Since the new BF2 patch is around 2GB in size (and includes Euro Forces and Armored Fury), feel free to download the BF2 v1.5 patch, but if you wish to continue to play Project Reality, do not install it yet.

The Project Reality team is hard at work on the finishing touches to our compatibility patch, PR v0.87. This will include full support for BF2 v1.5 as well as some other minor bug fixes and tweaks. The PR Team is dedicating all efforts at this moment to release v0.87 as bug free as possible and as soon as we can. When PR v0.87 is officially released, you can then install the BF2 v1.5 patch. Further instructions on how to correctly install the new patch will be available when we release PR v0.87.

Thanks for continuing to play and support the PR mod, we hope to have another media update soon with the latest progress on v0.9!

- The Project Reality Team

space
2009-08-27, 12:18
Finally!!! And its great to see they have thrown in the booster packs for free :) Fingers crossed that the patch will fix some of the server crashing issues.

Viper.Sw
2009-08-27, 12:24
Any idea how long it will take after 1.5 patch is released before PR 0.87 comes out?

I have windows 7 RC and cant stand all the problems that BF2 1.41 has with it. I had the same problems on vista too. Like memory error (fix from the PR forum here though), fps drops in PR 0.86, desktop crashes, terrible sound and so on.

HellDuke
2009-08-27, 12:27
Yay... Can't wait :) If I remember correctly with the 1.5 and 0.87 there shouldn't be any more prone divers...

mat552
2009-08-27, 12:41
Hehe, a very large part of me is laughing because I never bought the booster packs and now I get them regardless.

Also, any word from devs if the following already affect PR or the patch will improve:

Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM
I've never looked, but I thought that PR allowed bf2 to use as much as it wanted, is this correct?

Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5
Will this change carry over to PR? (I don't know what's part of the "engine" and what's changeable.

AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
Does anyone know how they tweaked it? Info from EA other than "tweaked" is a little dodgy and hard to find.

Thanks, and can't wait for .87

Punkbuster
2009-08-27, 12:41
Any idea how long it will take after 1.5 patch is released before PR 0.87 comes out?

I have windows 7 RC and cant stand all the problems that BF2 1.41 has with it. I had the same problems on vista too. Like memory error (fix from the PR forum here though), fps drops in PR 0.86, desktop crashes, terrible sound and so on.

Just like me!
I also have Windows 7 RC and I keep getting kicked by PB for a message of Corrupted Memory File!
It happened to me once in muttrah while I was flying the attack Huey!
I was shy to get back to the server.

SWIZZ=kettcar=
2009-08-27, 12:46
its great with the boosterpacks, work on the make it 1.5 compatible

HunterMed
2009-08-27, 13:04
Since the new BF2 patch is around 2GB in size (and includes Euro Forces and Armored Fury)
LOL

copy. will not install it! PR > bf2 vanilla anyway

driver-ch-driver
2009-08-27, 13:15
Euro force and armoured fury for free?:-|....i paid for them like last year....*sigh*

Albatross
2009-08-27, 13:19
I am looking forward to .87 more than 1..5

soldier106343
2009-08-27, 13:20
Bhut i whant to test euro pack. If i instal 1.5 patch ant later delete it. Is it then good

DankE_SPB
2009-08-27, 13:24
Bhut i whant to test euro pack. If i instal 1.5 patch ant later delete it. Is it then good

you will have to completely reinstall bf, 1.41 patch and PR

Maxfragg
2009-08-27, 13:37
for everyone having problems with PB and Windows7, simply update your punkbuster and execute it as admin, and it shall work fine, it does for me witn Win7 x64, its not a bf2 problem. And no, without a custom hack installed, the bf2 can not use more than 2gb atm, which causes some of the client crashes after a few rounds of playing, that why this change is something very good for PR

J.Burton[EEF]
2009-08-27, 13:45
Do I get my money back for the Booster Packs as I got them when they came out. *Sigh*

What's more, I would prefer it if you could opt-out of installing the extra maps as I really don't want to download 2gig of shite just to delete most of it once it's installed.

Oh well - I just hope this makes Project Reality more realistic. I'm getting sick to the back teeth of dolphin divers.

Gore
2009-08-27, 13:58
Will this be the last patch for BF2?

Grasli
2009-08-27, 13:58
;1122157']I'm getting sick to the back teeth of dolphin divers.
Yep, 1.5 will have prone devation! However I wonder how it works with PR (I tried 0.86 with 1.5b3 but it wouldn't start). Maybe a PR-DEV can answer on how this fix affects PR? Does it work and the accuracy is reduced for approximately 2sec like in vBF2?

space
2009-08-27, 14:07
Will this be the last patch for BF2?

The DICE guy hasn't said its definitely the last patch, but he's certainly hinted at it. iirc they are noe going to work on a new patch for BF2142

Considering it takes them a year to make a patch ( :D ) then I presume that they will just concentrate on BF:BC2 and BF3 now.

lucidrians
2009-08-27, 14:15
Does this add widescreen support?

space
2009-08-27, 14:26

Yes - theres a changelog if you follow the link in the OP.

diogo25
2009-08-27, 14:49
im looking foward to whait about v086

00SoldierofFortune00
2009-08-27, 15:04
Yep, 1.5 will have prone devation! However I wonder how it works with PR (I tried 0.86 with 1.5b3 but it wouldn't start). Maybe a PR-DEV can answer on how this fix affects PR? Does it work and the accuracy is reduced for approximately 2sec like in vBF2?

That doesn't mean its gonna fix anything. Since when has Dice's patches ever fixed anything? THey break more than they fix (going from prone to crouch for example..). I just hope they make the engine more accessable so that the PR DEV team can fix any of the problems that weren't fixable before.

bondsan
2009-08-27, 15:40
i'd rather play pr any day

Leeu
2009-08-27, 15:45
Lets hope insurgency gets un****ed in the new patch.

Tim270
2009-08-27, 15:47

Yes in that you dont have to set it manually any more, however its still not true wide-screen i.e its still stretched not the extra FOV.

Grasli
2009-08-27, 15:51
Yes in that you dont have to set it manually any more, however its still not true wide-screen i.e its still stretched not the extra FOV.
WRONG.
1.5 Final will have the FOV changing correctly according to the resolution. Its not working in beta3 but it will in Final.

paratrooper[BG]
2009-08-27, 16:15
i receive message too for patch

Hello paratrooper[BG],

as a registered member of Battletracker.com (formerly known as BF2Tracker) and active Battlefield2 Player we would like to inform you that the final BF2 Patch v1.50 is coming Tuesday September 1st!

After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release! The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe.

As part of Update 1.50 we are glad to announce that not only is Highway Tampa now a required install included in the update but Euro Forces (Great Wall, Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen) and Armored Fury (Midnight Sun, Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage) is now FREE for all Battlefield 2 players. Including the brand new map, Operation Blue Pearl this brings EIGHT new maps that everyone can play and will be added to ranked Battlefield 2 servers world wide. The Booster Pack content is included in the update and has made the file just over 2Gb in size.

For more information and a detailed list of changes in this patch, take a look at our news-article in the forums:
[BF] Battlefield 2 patch 1.5 coming Tuesday September 1st! - Battletracker News - Battletracker.com (http://battletracker.com/forum/general/battletracker-news/198103-battlefield-2-patch-1-5-coming-tuesday-september-1st/)

Yours truly,
Battletracker.com Team

----

To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please login to your Battletracker account and click here:
http://battletracker.com/forum/index.php?page=Subscriptions&action=unsubscribeBoard&boardID=2

Viper.Sw
2009-08-27, 16:20
If the PR DEV's can fix the patch to play PR on bf2 1.5 within a few days after release I would be happy to give a donation for it ;)

Viper.Sw
2009-08-27, 16:22
Will the 1.5 patch fix the parts of the Vista/W7 sound issues?

ma21212
2009-08-27, 16:29
Euro forces and armored fury?! WTF I BUY THEM FOR THEN!

DesmoLocke
2009-08-27, 16:42
Hmm... gonna have to put PR off until 0.87. Too many new things to try out in vBF2. Might see some new and old faces around the servers.

Here is to hoping 0.87 doesn't take too long. http://fftf.interactivetournaments.com/forums/images/smilies/alc.gif

Indian_Clay
2009-08-27, 17:02
So then .87 won't have any new in-game content, simply just so it's compatible with 1.5?

UncleRob199
2009-08-27, 18:20
I paid for the expansion packs too, but Euro forces never worked! Hopefully it will after 1.5.

Also I hope it will support widescreen resolutions and FOVs without widescreen fixer

Grasli
2009-08-27, 18:22
Maybe you should read the following; DICE have updated their rules for mods and how much they can modify vBF2 content (this includes the booster packs content). It doesn't mean much to PR, its just some information.. ;)

Battlefield 2 v1.50 and Modding
Battlefield 2 v1.50 and Modding - Electronic Arts UK Community (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/794187-battlefield-2-v1-50-modding.html)

Kruder
2009-08-27, 19:32
There is nothing PR would need, other than this:

- Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)

gomimin
2009-08-27, 19:37
1. They compiled the BF2.exe 64Bit and largeadressaware...
in 1.50b they only did with Bf2_r.exe (Debug) and forgot about the "real" one *lol*

2. giving away boosters for free (not SF!) they're just doing a favour to consumers and those who sell ranked servers - a real favour would have been giving the source to existing mod teams...

3. looking forward to 0.87 while playing 0.86 :-)

Grasli
2009-08-27, 19:42
There is nothing PR would need, other than this:

- Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)
Dont forget about the BF2.exe allowed to use more than 2GB of RAM thing.

1. They compiled the BF2.exe 64Bit and largeadressaware...
in 1.50b they only did with Bf2_r.exe (Debug) and forgot about the "real" one *lol*
Thats fixed for Final. It works as it should for Final.

sgt.helltrouphy
2009-08-27, 19:44
lol soon project reality will be the 2nd realistic to war right behind the actual war this is getting better and better

Grasli
2009-08-27, 19:45
Also, dont forget about the security fixes. Thats important.

Also, maybe the most important, dont forget about the improved hit detection. Its improved a lot! ;)

Raptor007
2009-08-27, 20:33
Darn it EA, your timing could not have been worse. PAX is the following weekend (Sept 4-6), and I don't know if they'll be running 1.41 or 1.5 on their BF2 servers. Guess I'll have to download the patch and hold it until I know for sure.

I am excited for PR 0.87 though! I hope the 0.86 kit bugs are fixed. :mrgreen:

antonlevay
2009-08-27, 21:31
i also dont wanna download 2 gb, as i am on a capped connection. will there be a way to get this witout all the extra, (stuff), that is not needed? i just wanna play pr!!!

WHPRaveman
2009-08-28, 00:14
Excited about changes? Sure why not.
But I have to say I am disapointed in EA for taking so long to come out with something like this. We get much more quality from a PR release than this and we get them two sometimes three times a year. And we get them for free.

DEVS, thank you!:mrgreen:
EA, ehhhhh.:roll:

Spartan0189
2009-08-28, 02:08
Wait, so 1.5 comes with Special Forces and Armored Fury? Sounds epic. Thank goodness I didn't pirate them ;)

X1 Spriggan
2009-08-28, 02:43
BRING ON THE NEW PUNKBUSTER PROBLEMS!!

Ccharge
2009-08-28, 05:54
i bought both AF and EF. Now i feel like i wasted my money on them. What was that... two years ago?

smart_boy00
2009-08-28, 06:59
I think I speak for all of us when I say this......

http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/ea/eaf96e3242bfaa02573949a6ced1f349.gif

Rhino
2009-08-28, 07:24
i bought both AF and EF. Now i feel like i wasted my money on them. What was that... two years ago?

you did not feel you had wasted your money when you found pr?

Wasn't Free:
http://www.bf-games.net/images/bf2/fahrzeuge/ef/challenger.jpg

Free:
http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/5/4338/thumb_620x2000/70041.jpg

:p

Brummy
2009-08-28, 07:43
WTF I don't want Euro Forces and Armoured Fury, that's fricken 2GB for me to dl :(

Maxfragg
2009-08-28, 08:18
@ Rhino, sure, the c2 is the worst model dice did (next to the AKS-74U) but, i think all the statics that are part of EF and AF are now free for all mods, and those might be nice (allways wanted a big highwaymap like Operation Road Rage but 4 times as big ;-)

paramanic
2009-08-28, 09:07
hey guys :D
I think its good that EA have made a new patch for bf2 and its gutting that PR wont work if i get it :/ so im kind of in the middle lol a dont know what to do lol
but i have 2 harddrives in my pc what if i installed bf2 and 1.5 on my other drive . . would i then be able 2 play both?:?:

another thing lol i bought the booster packs at the start of this year HAHA *gutted lol*
well i only paid £10 to get . . .
2 x Battlefield 2 Complete Colletcions (BF2,BF2SP,AF and EF)
i got two because one for me and one for my dad lol

write back guys =D

smart_boy00
2009-08-28, 14:02
hey guys :D
I think its good that EA have made a new patch for bf2 and its gutting that PR wont work if i get it :/ so im kind of in the middle lol a dont know what to do lol
but i have 2 harddrives in my pc what if i installed bf2 and 1.5 on my other drive . . would i then be able 2 play both?:?:

another thing lol i bought the booster packs at the start of this year HAHA *gutted lol*
well i only paid £10 to get . . .
2 x Battlefield 2 Complete Colletcions (BF2,BF2SP,AF and EF)
i got two because one for me and one for my dad lol

write back guys =D

I for one will tell every one I see that I paid full price on each and every game in the BF line. Bugs or not, like them or not I paid for them and I am proud of it. I supported one of the best games of its time. Without people like me doing that then PR would not be around. The BF line would have stopped after 1942 if not for full price supporters :)

That was just little speech to make people feel better for buying all the packs. :)

RHYS4190
2009-08-28, 14:05
What's going to be in 0.87, can you tell us?. Is that new and improved dotpoint sight chuck's been working on going to be in the goodie bag? :?.

McBumLuv
2009-08-28, 14:08
- Prevented use of mouse wheel to provide speed boost to vehicles

That throws that possible "feature" out the window.Odd that they took it out, probably gave up trying to code it and then labelled it a "mishun accomplushed".

RHYS4190
2009-08-28, 14:13
is the new and improved dotpoint Chuck's been working on going to be in the goodie bag for 0.87?. can you tell us?.

Plus im actually looking forward to 1.5, cos 1.5 is suposidly aimed at finally fixing the damed hit reg problem, took them long enough.

which is bells to my ears i must say.

Rudd
2009-08-28, 14:20
Plus im actually looking forward to 1.5, cos 1.5 is suposidly aimed at finally fixing the damed hit reg problem, took them long enough.

people are telling me that they did not suceed

no throttle on the mousewheel huh? What bollocks. I guess Y-axis = throttle forever then.

Frankelstner
2009-08-28, 15:01
no throttle on the mousewheel huh? What bollocks. I guess Y-axis = throttle forever then.

Umm in 1.41 you could drive faster than actually possible by assigning any mouse axis to throttle. In 1.5 you can still use a mouse axis for throttle though you won't be able to drive faster than keyboard users.

MMad
2009-08-28, 15:57

I bought both SF and EF, and honestly I didn't play them much at all - it was too boring having so few maps to play. Now, I haven't checked in years, but I have a hard time imagining there are that many players (if any) still playing them?

I'll put it this way: are you still playing AF or EF? If not, what does it matter if it's released now? :) If you *are* playing AF or EF, well, now you'll have more opponents on the servers. :)

I think this is an awesome move by Dice. The sales of the booster packs were probably very close to zero by now, but by releasing them for free and allowing bf2 servers to mix them with regular bf2 maps, it's a *huge* increase of maps for vanilla servers. Smart move and a great service to the community imo.

There's even that small bonus to mod teams with allowing the statics to be used, although I suppose most didn't worry much about their rules before anyway.. :) Though who knows what else the patch will mess up.. *worried*

Brummy
2009-08-28, 16:15
people are telling me that they did not suceed

WHAT!

That was the only feature apart from prone shiz that i was actually lookin forward to :S

LaWaH
2009-08-28, 17:20
Thank the maker that I did read this before I did something stupid that would prevent me from playing PR :-D

DesmoLocke
2009-08-28, 17:30
DICE Producer, Barrie Tingle has been fielding questions in the EA UK forums about the upcoming Battlefield 2 v1.50 patch. Some information on how modding will affect the patch is also listed.

I see release dates for UK/Europe. What about NA?
North America will be Tuesday 1st September also but adjusted for time zone differences. So at around 9am Pacific.

Great news that the booster packs will be free. But why there won't be a full 1.5 patch, only incremental as you say 1.41 will be needed? First 540 MB 1.41 and then over 2 Gb 1.5. A full version would be a lot handier.
A full installer wasn't made to get Battlefield 2 v1.0 up to v1.50 due to a change in how updates were made between DICE Canada and DICE Sweden. We could have made one large update but it would have been almost the same size as the game install itself. To solve compatibility issues it was decided to have players update to version 1.41 (or have Battlefield 2 Complete Collection installed from EADM) before running Update v1.50.

if something go wrong. u gonna fix it? +is final working smoother then beta maybe?
Yes and yes

Baza, its up to the ranked server providers to update their servers, do you expect there will be a drop in available 1.41 servers before 1.50 will be made public? If so, for how long do you expect it to last?
Battlefield 2 v1.41 servers will run up to and including Tuesday when the update launches. You may see a drop in server numbers for a couple of hours before the client is released as they switch over server versions. I don't see a big drop, if any, before that time though.

Will the no DVD patch be delivered as an extra addon or will we never see this?
It is part of Update 1.50. There is no extra patch or file needed.

Will the hitreg will be really improved or for that year not many time was spent regarding this issue ?
All I will say is that Hit reg has been improved. We have a lot more happening than Counter Strike (64 players and vehicles for a start ) so it might not be pin point but its it better than it was.

Have you removed the notorious registration of the boosters to one account? Is it now just installing patch 1.5 and then play them?
Install the patch and any account that can play Battlefield 2 can play the Booster Pack maps. No need to link your BF2 soldier to EA.

Battlefield 2 v1.50 and Modding
Since Battlefield 2 v1.50 will come with the booster packs we have also updated our rules on mods.I have taken our existing rules from the old Battlefield.com page and updated to reflect the Euro Force and Armored Fury inclusion in the Update.

link --> Questions raised regarding Update 1.50 (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/793961-questions-raised-regarding-update-1-50-a.html#post10979953)

Originally posted by [TC]Ed at FFTF Forums v1.50 Questions Answered - Fight for the Future Tournament (http://fftf.interactivetournaments.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44191#post44191)

Rhino
2009-08-28, 17:47
@ Rhino, sure, the c2 is the worst model dice did (next to the AKS-74U) but, i think all the statics that are part of EF and AF are now free for all mods, and those might be nice (allways wanted a big highwaymap like Operation Road Rage but 4 times as big ;-)

most of there statics are just as bad as there CR2 model... Any good ones in there we are already using or have no use for and you also need to keep in mind as well as there bad quality, they also dont have any lightmap samples meaning the only way to lightmap them is with 3DsMax which most mappers dont know how to use.

TF6049
2009-08-28, 21:29
Hehe, a very large part of me is laughing because I never bought the booster packs and now I get them regardless.

DiCE owes those of us who bought them a surprise, like a good unlock or something...AS-50 (damage of the M95 + accuracy of the L96 + semi-auto) would be worth it.

Rudd
2009-08-28, 22:44
Umm in 1.41 you could drive faster than actually possible by assigning any mouse axis to throttle. In 1.5 you can still use a mouse axis for throttle though you won't be able to drive faster than keyboard users.

nah I mean, you cant set your mousewheel to throttle easy peasy in the options, it tells you a duplicate has been made (mousewheel = weapon selector) so you either fudge around in the files or you do what I did, and use a joystick. I use my joystick's y-axis as a throttle as it automatically flicks back to neutral (i.e. no throttle) for when I next get in a vehicle.

ChiefRyza
2009-08-29, 02:19
I am excited for PR 0.87 though! I hope the 0.86 kit bugs are fixed. :mrgreen:

In case anyone didn't already know, the kit bugs were fixed with a server side patch some time ago.

pitrabe
2009-08-29, 08:39
In my side, I had problem with vista sound. After update, I lose my sound and find a red x over my sound icon. Then I get the error message "no audio output device is installed".
Unfortunately, I found the solution at Answers to the dreaded No audio output device installed | (http://www.noaudiooutput.com) and now it works perfectly.
It may be of help. I'm sure you can found a solution there.

ChiefRyza
2009-08-29, 08:41
What the F***????

Technoelite
2009-08-29, 09:36
ahh tough choice now FH be realsing normandy soon and there mod already supports the patch so basically wait for PR to have this patch of patch bf2 to 1.5 to play fh2 noooooooooo my nightmare has happend

CHUGGA-CHUGGA
2009-08-29, 12:36
TO ALL AUSTRALIAN BIGPOND USERS-

If you didn't know already-

Most (if not all) BF2 and Pr patches are on the Game Arena website where if you are using Bigpond as you Internet provider, you get un-metered downloads at fast rates (depending on you internet connection) Which will be very helpfull with 1.5 patch and 0.87 -

chuckMFd
2009-08-29, 17:51
So with the new 1.5 patch will you actually be able to kill people in bf2v with less than 10 shots to the face!!! NICE maybe Ill go check it out...nah PR is so much better! I can still remember the Grenade spam wars on Warlord in the palace; I bet things havn't changed. Bf2v is a spammers paradise!

I hope they make an alternative 1.5 patch that doesnt include the booster pack maps I already have. But then again I downloaded the booster pack on my other computer so I guess this helps people with new systems.

ChiefRyza
2009-08-30, 00:42
CHUGGA, most of the Australian community resides in bigD, though as Bigpond is an official host of BF2 they will most likely have it within a few hours of release.

Gu^n3r
2009-08-30, 01:55
CHUGGA, most of the Australian community resides in bigD, though as Bigpond is an official host of BF2 they will most likely have it within a few hours of release.

along with other Aussie ISPs such as Internode and of course BigD's host GSA.

ObeerBongKenobi
2009-08-30, 02:03
Just like me!
I also have Windows 7 RC and I keep getting kicked by PB for a message of Corrupted Memory File!
It happened to me once in muttrah while I was flying the attack Huey!
I was shy to get back to the server.

Ive been playing pr 0.86 just fine on win7 64 bit and haven't had a single crash to desktop since. Its been like finding the holy grail of PR. .. Its very simple and only take a few minutes of your tiime. Its a matter of downloading Microsoft Visual Studio and follwoing some simple steps. There is a very comprehensive guide Here:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-support/39649-i-found-fix-memory-dll-error-vista-32-64-bit-users.html

I would ask all of you to bookmark it or copy all and paste it into a doc file and save it in your storage drive in your BF2 folder or wherever you keep your PR patches/ mod files etc. so on your next pr install its all right there for you.

I hope this helps.

See you on the battefield!

Grass beergards,

Obeerbong Kenobi

ObeerBongKenobi
2009-08-30, 02:12
terrible sound and so on.

Yeah I noticed the buzzing sound too when mic is enabled. I experienced this usually due to integrated onboard sound on the motherboards chipset. You usually hear unwanted noise off the motherboard but I am surprised to hear the same annoying buzzing coming from a quality dedicated pci soundcard (razer barrcuda AC1)

I'm kinda shocked. Can anyone shed some light on this one? PR could be so much better without this issue. Is it a Hardware issue? Are there any workarounds?

jake-m
2009-08-30, 15:00
for some reson it wont let me play PR anymore it wont update surver list i dont know why its doing this because i havent got Battlefield 2 v1.5 final patch any idears on how to fix this ?

Sabre_tooth_tigger
2009-08-30, 22:55
Will PR use any of the booster maps or scenery from them

Sabre_tooth_tigger
2009-08-30, 23:01
Rhino;1123138']most of there statics are just as bad as there CR2 model... Any good ones in there we are already using or have no use for and you also need to keep in mind as well as there bad quality, they also dont have any lightmap samples meaning the only way to lightmap them is with 3DsMax which most mappers dont know how to use.

guess that covers alot of side benefits there then. Anything else in this update that'll be of use to pr, Ive not played vanilla since about 2 months after downloading pr

Raptor007
2009-08-31, 00:04

I bought them both, but I have the opposite reaction. No servers actually used the booster packs before. Now they can. Everybody wins!

M_Striker
2009-08-31, 00:29
...I can't believe i bought those booster packs and now they come out for free.

lightzout
2009-08-31, 05:09
I was wondering if any of these changes on DICE's end will help the PR team. Too bad they couldn't add better physics (I assume that may not be possible with the current engine) but there are plenty of things to look forward to seeing in-game for vanilla servers besides people actually playing the Euro & Armor exp. packs. I think The PR team may have already fixed a lot of these issues but hopefully there will be something in the release notes regarding any major improvements.

These sound promising-

- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.

- Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 1.1.1.0 to version 2.1.8.1

- Various changes made to prevent cheating.

I bought the expansions and had nothing but headaches with them like many other people I know. That probably explains why the servers were so rarely full. I am glad they are giving it away. Maybe now people will get what they paid for and actually be able to use it.

PR will always be the best thing that ever happened to BF2 so I hope the new patch will add to the PR experience as well.

Omega_17_The_True
2009-08-31, 09:45
That a very good news, and for PR also, it should fixed some bugs inherent to the hard coded engine but i hope it wont had new !

The new PR patch will also tweaks other thing in the mod or its only a patch compatibility ? I'm thinking of the civilian respawn time ... but this is another story....

arjan
2009-08-31, 11:12
im looking for the new statics, that i might could use on a map im working on :razz:

choppergirl
2009-08-31, 17:57
You don't need to install a 2gb mod pack to play AIRWAR. That's half a DVD, and insane. Wow, just wow. In fact, if you've already got a BF demo client installed, you don't need to install anything at all!

air-war.org (http://air-war.org)

thedare
2009-09-01, 11:42
Official BF2 (OfficialBF2) on Twitter (http://twitter.com/OfficialBF2) - realease time is 5PM GMT

bosco_
2009-09-01, 11:53
You don't need to install a 2gb mod pack to play AIRWAR. That's half a DVD, and insane. Wow, just wow. In fact, if you've already got a BF demo client installed, you don't need to install anything at all!

air-war.org (http://air-war.org)

http://i27.tinypic.com/doaqh0.gif

BloodyDeed
2009-09-01, 15:56
Its here: Battlefield Blog (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/)

tim8002
2009-09-01, 20:12
i figured out a work around:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-general-discussion/66447-bf2-1-5-pr-work-around.html

General Fuct
2009-09-02, 01:21
Can't wait for PR in widescreen Rez ^_^ .87 couldn't come fast enough!!!

Calsoe
2009-09-02, 10:19
My favorite changes in BF 1.5:

1. No CD needed (I'm playing on a laptop)
2. Boosterpacks for free
3. Widescreen and Vista support

Sgt. Mahi
2009-09-02, 13:00
Players can now pass claymores by going prone

Wauw this is actually good news.. I'm guessing we can see the same result with grenade traps in the future??

evya
2009-09-02, 13:07
Wauw this is actually good news.. I'm guessing we can see the same result with grenade traps in the future??

its allrdy that with grenade traps...

Viper[ESF]
2009-09-02, 13:37
When can we expect the new PR Patch? Any ETA?

ohkaasa
2009-09-02, 19:19
A little off topic, you have BF2/PR working on Win 7? what about the punkbuster kicks? what is the workaround? Excuse me if i am a little newbieish

Raptor007
2009-09-02, 19:24
i figured out a work around:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-general-discussion/66447-bf2-1-5-pr-work-around.html

Thanks! I was planning on doing something similar. Glad to hear it works! :)

Dmented
2009-09-02, 22:40
A little off topic, you have BF2/PR working on Win 7? what about the punkbuster kicks? what is the workaround? Excuse me if i am a little newbieish

BF2 1.5 patch with Windows 7 RTM gives no PB kicks. At least for me it does not.

Snares
2009-09-02, 23:44
I know this may be impossible to do, but it would be really great if you devs could find a workaround for the AA alt-tab problem in BF2 1.5. :smile:

Rudd
2009-09-02, 23:48
I know this may be impossible to do, but it would be really great if you devs could find a workaround for the AA alt-tab problem in BF2 1.5. :smile:

afaik pressing esc then alt tabbing produces acceptable results, also heard that using ur graphics driver software to configure the AA rather tan use ingame settings also gives good results.

Snares
2009-09-02, 23:51
afaik pressing esc then alt tabbing produces acceptable results, also heard that using ur graphics driver software to configure the AA rather tan use ingame settings also gives good results.That method does not work for a lot of us apparently, although it will work under certain configurations. Using the graphics software to set AA just turns the AA off; if you try to force AA BF2 just doesn't use AA at all.

AncientMan
2009-09-03, 04:46
A small update:

We've fixed all the issues that we've found, and nothing else game breaking has popped up, so v0.87 release is on for the end of the week :).

Dmented
2009-09-03, 04:54
AncientMan;1127279']A small update:

We've fixed all the issues that we've found, and nothing else game breaking has popped up, so v0.87 release is on for the end of the week :).

Very cool, I haven't played PR for almost a year (I think) so looking forward to seeing all the updates I've missed.

Stiller_001
2009-09-03, 06:10
Sounds good Ancient, can't wait

Albatross
2009-09-03, 11:07
Sounds good Ancient ... Good News here

EnermaX
2009-09-03, 13:21

Great! :grin:

BloodyDeed
2009-09-03, 14:48
Sounds good, great job guys ;)

Ricardo-SC
2009-09-03, 17:35

Very good!!! :grin:

BloodyDeed
2009-09-03, 18:09
Will there also be a serverupdate?

Tunnel Rat
2009-09-03, 22:09
This is great news. We lost VOIP in our server because Gameservers updated all their BF2 voip servers to 1.5 and will no longer support 1.4. So untill we are allowed to update to 1.5 we will be without voip.

1337teki
2009-09-03, 22:18
damn i need 0.87 i patched already!

gomimin
2009-09-03, 23:37
Think this will be a fun WE - Thank you Devs!

Snares
2009-09-04, 00:15
I can't wait to play Sangin! *haha*

gomimin
2009-09-04, 06:36
As we got the new PR patch server files already (Thanx!) surely the others got them too, so be prepared to have some hot battles tonight :-)

corp_calqluslethal
2009-09-04, 07:14
when is the .87 coming out?

Omega_17_The_True
2009-09-04, 08:36
End of the week.

I just play vanilla on the new version and ... the gameplay ... is simply awful. As usual. PR is simply a real game in comparison, but you all know that. :)

But i hope the patch enhanced PR even further.
oops cannont edited

Daishi2442
2009-09-04, 10:30
You really can't compare the two, omega. One is an action game whereas the other is more like a tactical shooter.

Patch looks good, devs. I can't wait to try it out.

DankE_SPB
2009-09-04, 11:11
- Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM
and it still happens:grin:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4390/09042009151005.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Menigmand
2009-09-04, 15:01
when you say "End of the week", does that mean friday (now) or saturday (tomorrow?)

-=anders=-
2009-09-04, 16:15
That was my thought too.. :) Plz release it today so this friday can be meaningful. :) lol j/k.

Omega_17_The_True
2009-09-04, 17:17
You really can't compare the two, omega. One is an action game whereas the other is more like a tactical shooter.

Patch looks good, devs. I can't wait to try it out.

I know, i know, its just that i wanted to test the new maps of the patch and the gameplay is so awful, PR have come from a long long way and i know PR since the debut. :shock:

I dont know when its been released the dev team just said at the end of the week, not at the same time of FH 2.2 i hope.

ViciousAxel
2009-09-04, 18:33
Will bf2 1.5 patch be a requirement for pr0.87 or will it be optional? right now firefox says its gonna take 1 day and 8 hours to download:!::26_suicid:

lbgspam
2009-09-04, 18:35
Try a different download server if you're not getting good speeds Kinda obvious :)

gomimin
2009-09-04, 18:39
@ViciousAxel

0.87 is for running PR with 1.50

Get a torrent client and DL a 1.50 torrent - we're still seeding...

gomimin
2009-09-04, 18:42
Speltorrents.se - Allt i torrentformat (http://www.speltorrents.se/)

Arnoldio
2009-09-04, 19:06
Bro told me that someone told him that 23.000+ people were banned from nilla servers because of PB and mf5 mismatch..yay for the new patch...

Daishi2442
2009-09-04, 20:14
Yea, punkbuster banned me from vanilla servers with a completely legit copy of BF2 that I've had since it launched. >.>

Peeta
2009-09-04, 21:09
site just went down for a sec, suspicious?

Snares
2009-09-04, 21:25
Yea, punkbuster banned me from vanilla servers with a completely legit copy of BF2 that I've had since it launched. >.>If I didn't think EA was so honest I would say this is an effort to get people to stop playing Battlefield 2.

...oh wait...:lol: