PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

SkaterCrush
2009-08-23, 12:49
Will this faction replace the Insurgents in Ramiel or is it going to be for AAS only?

Tannhauser
2009-08-23, 13:18
I doubt it will replace Ramiel insurgents as ARF fits somalians even less in terms of looks IMO.

But I'd also like to know if DEVs will accept ARF Militia maps using insurgency mode with few flags?

Wilkinson
2009-08-23, 17:08
I'd say Tannhauser is on the right track. Although I think ARF should take Ramiel as it was based off mogadishu.

The Flags thing I'm not sure without doing a major python reconstruction. Maybe something like Korengal?

aperson444
2009-08-24, 01:52
We need to change the skin color of the Insurgents in Ramiel however. And it still says Iraqi Insurgents.

gazzthompson
2009-08-24, 03:20
doubt it :

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f391-african-resistance-fighters/65506-african-resistance-fighters-arf-design-plan.html#post1111558

"It will be a militia and semi-conventional faction. The more militia-like army will fight on jungle maps and the more conventional-like army will fight on desert maps."

im no expert but i don't think somalian fighters where anything more than random armed men.

SkaterCrush
2009-08-24, 07:28
I mean the reason the devs didn't put it in was they didn't want to spend a few weeks/months remodeling some guys for a single map right? But now they can basically copy the militia faction and change its name to "Somalian Resistance" or something in a few hours (at least it seems like an hour or two job)