PDA

View Full Version : [Vehicle] Commander UAV

Pages : 1 [2]

Smith[EEF]
2009-08-14, 22:52
good way to get some intrest in being the commander rather than just waiting for an hour for area attack :|

GrimSoldier
2009-08-15, 01:28
Looks awesome, hope to see more people play Commander.

EnermaX
2009-08-15, 12:23
EPIC! Great idea!

DannyIMK
2009-08-18, 11:04
there should be abillity to spot targets with the Q commo rose instead bringing the capslock menu

pacco
2009-08-18, 14:57
AMAZING:!::!::!:

privatel
2009-08-18, 19:01
AWSOME !

Ghost_A_08
2009-08-18, 19:30
Looks good. Cant wait for its release.

Jairion
2009-08-20, 19:45
You really should delete all posts with only "Thanks, respect, awesome" in them, and warn the users. Goddamn.

Can you crash an UAV to another UAV?

Didn't anyone else see those capturepoints on an INSURGENCY map? Is it just a modders thing, or are we going to have AAS with insurgents? Would be epic.

Isn't this a realitymod? If you can shoot such a thing with AA IRL, then you should be able to do it in this game. There are other options to make the game more enjoyable
Just like this it's not worth making it vulnerable to AA, but if you had it laze things and shoot missiles, then it'd be pretty balanced when vulnerable to AA - Commander also wouldn't direct it to heated areas, as losing such an asset is bad. Which leads me to a question, if you made it desctructable and armed, wouldn't you make such an event lose tickets?

Again, you need to cut the number of useless posts with only one word in them.

ChiefRyza
2009-08-20, 23:57
You really should delete all posts with only "Thanks, respect, awesome" in them, and warn the users. Goddamn.

Can you crash an UAV to another UAV?

Didn't anyone else see those capturepoints on an INSURGENCY map? Is it just a modders thing, or are we going to have AAS with insurgents? Would be epic.

Isn't this a realitymod? If you can shoot such a thing with AA IRL, then you should be able to do it in this game. There are other options to make the game more enjoyable
Just like this it's not worth making it vulnerable to AA, but if you had it laze things and shoot missiles, then it'd be pretty balanced when vulnerable to AA - Commander also wouldn't direct it to heated areas, as losing such an asset is bad. Which leads me to a question, if you made it desctructable and armed, wouldn't you make such an event lose tickets?

Again, you need to cut the number of useless posts with only one word in them.

OR we could delete posts like yours that fail to read the OP and those posts that answer all of your questions before you even ask?

edit: User was warned for 'Useless/unhelpful' posting. This is not the kind of attitude we promote in this community towards other forum members, even less towards new ones.

Rudd
2009-08-20, 23:59

that was PRSP

PRSP does not have an insurgency mode as the Bots do not understand it.

Scot
2009-08-21, 00:25

Also, you do, Korengal for example has Insurgency and an AAS flag on it.

Jairion
2009-08-21, 10:56
OR we could delete posts like yours that fail to read the OP and those posts that answer all of your questions before you even ask?
OP didn't answer any of my questions in his original post, and I have not the time to read 26 pages of posts with a single sentence. Carebear you.

Edit: User was warned for 'Insulting/flaming other members'. Answering to an other users taunts by your own is heavily frowned upon on these forum. Use the 'report a post' [top right of each post] function next time.

Blade.3510
2009-08-21, 11:44
Scot;1117539']Also, you do, Korengal for example has Insurgency and an AAS flag on it.

more flags and asset reward plz so i can ied them :mrgreen:

Rudd
2009-08-22, 02:17
Just fishing for an official word on if PRSP will be included/released at the same time as the next patch.

I really miss my 5 man squad outnumbered 9:1 on Ramiel or Basrah at VCP! Fighting to the death with skill and determination!

Its really really crazy when the 43 bots just charge at you firing everything they have...its very hard to win lol

RHYS4190
2009-08-28, 13:05
10 minites in the air, and then a 10 minite down time that a bit harsh, it might need to be extended.

it might work, or get extremely annoying.

it probably should be 20mines or even a hour for ever 5-10min's down time,

Herbiie
2009-08-28, 13:16
There never was a reason for "recon" squads, ever.

M.

I played a game on Kashan Desert. The enemy had a sniper that we didn't spot until the end of the game, telling their armour, CAS, and Commander exactly where our tanks were, where they were headed etc. and unsurprisingly we got slaughtered. Every time one of our tanks went somewhere, 2 enemy tanks were waiting for it along with HAT.

sfscriv
2009-09-01, 17:57
Good idea and initial implementation. The commander position will still need some additional features to make it entertaining enough on a public server for most players.

I read through the first 12 pages of this thread and did not see the following interface suggestion.

Having watched the video - Instead of moving back and forth between the UAV video feed and the map to mark sightings (enemy activity), it would be great to be able to right click the target in the video mode which initiates the commander marking drop-down-menu which causes the marker to show-up on the map.

It would also be good to have a HUD of the map to keep the commander oriented without having to toggle back to the full-screen map.

HeliaXDemoN
2009-09-01, 20:29
You can see caches with UAV?

EvilWaffles
2009-09-02, 06:07
I hope not

Dev1200
2009-09-02, 07:02
I played a game on Kashan Desert. The enemy had a sniper that we didn't spot until the end of the game, telling their armour, CAS, and Commander exactly where our tanks were, where they were headed etc. and unsurprisingly we got slaughtered. Every time one of our tanks went somewhere, 2 enemy tanks were waiting for it along with HAT.

95% of the time, you get the "omglolsniper1337recon" squad. 5%, you get the "Actually do what snipers are supposed to and support the team".

Anyway, it's going to be great to see the commander UAV. It's going to be hard for the chechens to use that greyscale UAV tho.. Oh well. Good job making it guys :3

=ice= siggi
2009-09-02, 15:45
this is awwsome cant wait to try it out in game:p