PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Epic Muttrah Knife Fight

TomDackery
2009-06-17, 04:53
Few days ago on the Reality Teamwork Mumble server, someone got the brilliant idea to have a gigantic knife fight in the gardens on Muttrah City Skirmish. It went ok, except for a few non-mumble stragglers who decided to fire shots into the crowd. Anyways, I got 8 minutes of footage before Space changed the map. Unfortunately, I'm a horrible knifer and a few minutes are of me hanging out in the dead screen.

http://video.xfire.com/d4348-4.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/video/d4348/)

space
2009-06-17, 05:27
Just to point out. This happened after the server was hacked, and was during the time it took to sort the server out. It was not condoned or arranged by admins, and all players were told they could and should shoot. I dont want people thinking its a server where we have regular knife fights! It was funny though :D

Kapt. Kroon
2009-06-17, 05:56
I agree you suck at knifing, good vid. btw! :D

''STOP SHOOTING!'' ''Grenade! ... ouch!''

nick20404
2009-06-17, 06:45
This video demonstrates why I don't use mumble.

master of the templars
2009-06-17, 07:43
That is so cool :)

cyberzomby
2009-06-17, 08:23
I love how you hear people go AAH! when they get knifed or something :P

alexaus
2009-06-17, 08:57

This post demonstrates you dont enjoy fun ,, Seriously man there jsut having some fun dont have a cry

Sgt. Mahi
2009-06-17, 09:39
This was epic. Only problem was that I spawned at main and was too late for the first encounter :-(

DNAz5646
2009-06-17, 12:03
lol u fail at knifing so badly

Smuke
2009-06-17, 15:05
Lol i remember that, epic fail, people kept shooting, all I could hear was 'Arghh he got me' every 3 seconds...

These knife fights are getting too frequent :)

Epim3theus
2009-06-17, 15:17
You'll never get your knife badge this way.

TomDackery
2009-06-17, 16:14
At least I got one person with mah knife. Even if it was Sgt. Mahi...

DrugKoala
2009-06-17, 16:34
Oooooh... I remember.

*knifed 1 guy*
*2nd guy down*
*3rd guy down*
*someone says: stop, I'll shoot you*
*burst in my head*

"WTF was that for?!"
"I warned you."
"Ass-"

*You have been disconnected from the server*
"Bollocks."

shribey22
2009-06-17, 18:10
I can't believe you actually recorded this... it was such a fail. I led the charge for the MEC side that round. You can actually watch me get shot in the face when i go up to knife the guy in the fountain :(

driver-ch-driver
2009-06-17, 18:44
haha...cool

mockingbird0901
2009-06-17, 23:36
knife-fights are allways funn :D
Just too bad when you have majore lagg.. :(

nick20404
2009-06-18, 01:46
This post demonstrates you dont enjoy fun ,, Seriously man there jsut having some fun dont have a cry

Is it fun to hear a bunch of 15 year olds yelling "FU**" "SH**" "ZOMG EVERYONE STFU".

I understand that it was not a serious game and there was no need to be serious but that is how mumble is all the time.

space
2009-06-18, 02:56
Is it fun to hear a bunch of 15 year olds yelling "FU**" "SH**" "ZOMG EVERYONE STFU".

I understand that it was not a serious game and there was no need to be serious but that is how mumble is all the time.

No Mumble isn't like that all the time, but agree that at some times like map changes the spam can be annoying ( apparently this will be resolved in the next version )

Ive been playing PR with mumble all evening, and tbh there was very little "Force Centre" spam, and it was pretty much only used for the stuff that it shiould be used for.

The biggest problem with Mumble at the moment is that there isn't enough people using it.

Kapt. Kroon
2009-06-18, 05:14

I understand that it was not a serious game and there was no need to be serious but that is how mumble is all the time.Ok, you're so wrong here.

nick20404
2009-06-18, 06:13
No Mumble isn't like that all the time, but agree that at some times like map changes the spam can be annoying ( apparently this will be resolved in the next version )

Ive been playing PR with mumble all evening, and tbh there was very little "Force Centre" spam, and it was pretty much only used for the stuff that it shiould be used for.

The biggest problem with Mumble at the moment is that there isn't enough people using it.

I guess it was just the times I used it, I always felt too distracted to play since there was conversations going on. I mean, its already annoying enough when you have a annoying person in your squad let alone every annoying person. I could see how it would be useful though especially in matches or events.

Megagoth1702
2009-06-18, 17:33
Mumble is fun, but ofc spam sucks and does not show maturity, you should play with TG guys when they have a full mumble server goin on, I tell you, 2 INF SQDs on mumble and a few vehicle SQDs and you dont want to use BF2 voip again. :)

I really dont understand why people spam around, this "mine mine mine" stuff is not smart and even in a not serious round.

So guys, if we want more people to use mumble, we have to USE mumble and not ABuse it for spam and such stuff.

Spread the tool, spread the tutorials about it, show it to a little group of people (invite them on your TS and go through every step with them and play a bit of skirmishing :)).

It is really a good thing, it depends on us to use it correctly and show spammers, that they are not welcome. Just mute them (admin OR just local mute, if you find out who it is).

Anyway, I really liked the video, its just fun. :) Like my good old CS:S times, just with much more people, I love such stuff, but only if its not too long.

You suck at knifing, but you will learn it, training server, write me a PM. :p

Yeps, thats about it from me.

ledo1222
2009-12-23, 09:53

I would use Mumble have it set up but. i Could hear people hafe way across the map. If some one could Give me a Step by Step Tutorial Id happy join in. And i know the Mumble Page i follwed it dident work for me.

Mad-Mike
2009-12-23, 11:41
I didnt see any fun at all, mumle is jst spam spam and more spam!
:shock:

PuffNStuff
2009-12-23, 13:16
You must run it as administrator to get the un-spamming quiet mumble version.

rampo
2009-12-23, 14:31
You must run it as administrator to get the un-spamming quiet mumble version.

Don't think that helps much if he has XP. And you will hear everyone talking when not in-game, no administration running gonna help then.

I still love mumble when it's used on community events and everybody is using it

myles
2009-12-23, 17:24
U really should go to Gazs knife classes. He shows you how to knife a melon. lol

ledo1222
2009-12-23, 17:26
Im useing Vista so Useing Admin will solve hearing all the guys hafe way across the map?

gazzthompson
2009-12-23, 17:42
yes it will.

SgtDil
2009-12-26, 22:45
I would have lagged if i was there :(

Nibbit
2009-12-28, 20:26

I was about to say the same