PDA

View Full Version : How to NOT waste time. Being laid back

USA-Forever932
2009-03-26, 10:07
My take on being laid back is as follows. I love joking around on PR but there are some times where you need to be serious. When I have my 6 or 4 guys in the back of a stryker and we are driving down a really long road, being laid back and chilling for a few minutes being laid back is great. But the minute somebody yells "CONTACT!" It's time to get serious, even though it's a game, it can be played seriously. When chess is played for fun, it can be very serious, a clash between intellects. You SLs need to set this standard when fighting! Make sure the squad gets their act together and starts fighting like a UNIT in battle. Squad leaders need to enforce this, "Cut the chatter" "Hey, Chill out" or even "get your head in the game" usually snaps people out of it. Squad leaders need to take control more.

/Rant mode enabled.
Too many times I've seen people on maps like Operation Archer or Karbala wasting time in the base. They sit around and then complain when an insurgent bomb cars all 3 helicopters. Those players have no one to blame but themselves! If your squad is waiting for a pilot to arrive, or you are waiting for the strykers on Karbala, take it upon yourself to have your squad Man the Machine Guns in the base. I have ordered my 6 man infantry squads to take positions along the perimeter while I drank a cup of tea. They managed to stop (or sacrifice themselves to stop:mrgreen:) at least 4 bomb cars in a single game. Imagine how many kills this would have been if I had decided that my team wasn't good enough to sit on machine gun turrets for about 7 minutes to stop the bomb car spam. Let this be a message to all SLs, if you are sitting in your base twiddling your thumbs while a vehicle is spawning. Don't stand next to the hangar where a bomb car is going to drive! Sit in a defensive position and support the team!

*To the Fallujah west map maker, put some machine gun turrets around USA main so that we don't have to put up with 1 man BFVs (Oh my gawd this pisses me off) and 1 man LAVs sitting in front of the main wasting assets that should be used to help infantry.

/Rant mode disabled.

AirborneForever
2009-05-17, 19:19
I laughed, seriously.

I can understand how a game can be played seriously, but playing it like it's a real life situation is ridiculous.

USA-Forever932
2009-05-17, 19:55
Really? No matter what game you play, you always see some kind of defense. In Starcraft players build bunkers and photon cannons. In Halo CTF people defend the base. In Unreal Tournament players also have to defend. It's stupid to not defend. In fact, defense is one of the main things in games. So, when you're playing a game, it's important to defend. This is one of those things that people need to do. When you're in base waiting for a vehicle, take the time to not stand around rather to defend the base.

Arnoldio
2009-05-17, 22:51
You can easily win rounds in PR by defending and easily loose by attacking.

cyberzomby
2009-05-18, 09:33
You can easily win rounds in PR by defending and easily loose by attacking.
Especially when the attacking force keeps hitting a brick wall. Most games the attackers keep coming at you from the same side. Instead of sending flanking units or arty/armor/grenades over first. Defending is an easier job :)

goguapsy
2009-06-11, 04:15
cyberzomby;1026595']Especially when the attacking force keeps hitting a brick wall. Most games the attackers keep coming at you from the same side. Instead of sending flanking units or arty/armor/grenades over first. Defending is an easier job :)

when im SL, if one way doesnt work I change it, unexpectedly u know?

Herbiie
2010-01-03, 12:08
cyberzomby;1026595']Especially when the attacking force keeps hitting a brick wall. Most games the attackers keep coming at you from the same side. Instead of sending flanking units or arty/armor/grenades over first. Defending is an easier job :)

Bah, silly. The great generals of the First World War have proved that if you throw enough men into a meat grinder you may (or may not) win!

L4gi
2010-01-03, 12:26
Bah, defending sucks. If brute force aint working, you arent using enough.

BroCop
2010-01-03, 13:32
Theres is a perfect tactic in which you will never waste time and that is to follow L4gi. Do it even if youre a blue guy on mumble :wink:

NuclearBanane
2010-01-16, 22:10

Um there i have been completely surrounded in many positions.
Since i video tape alot of my pr playing and plan to make every thing from training vids to this is why this is! ( PR rants ) videos.

I'm even putting together my best surround clips lol

But the enemy normally commes from on side, only the contacts you c are called enemys then because there will always be 2 two 4 guys that want to have sex with you're bum whole. actually even if there is no honor in knfing in pr i still love to try but i fail many times.

But yeah defending can be easier just make sure you're higher then you're enemy ( the british learned this back in the colonial days and it works for pr, Trust me )

Elektro
2010-01-17, 19:09
Bah, defending sucks. If brute force aint working, you arent using enough.

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6615/1141209216455wj0.jpg

Megagoth1702
2010-02-18, 21:44
Really? No matter what game you play, you always see some kind of defense. In Starcraft players build bunkers and photon cannons. In Halo CTF people defend the base. In Unreal Tournament players also have to defend. It's stupid to not defend. In fact, defense is one of the main things in games. So, when you're playing a game, it's important to defend. This is one of those things that people need to do. When you're in base waiting for a vehicle, take the time to not stand around rather to defend the base.

Never rlly saw somebody in BF2 defend a flag haha. :D I think this is where our noobness comes from! :D
Theres is a perfect tactic in which you will never waste time and that is to follow L4gi. Do it even if youre a blue guy on mumble :wink:

Fuckin agree that crazy motherfucker is one crazy ass mofo dude every time I play he fkn ... I dunno... He's like rambo with tactics, blows every shit up evey time no matter how big it is.

Impressive. Jesus christ sorry for all the F, thats all I can say about that dude.:shock: