PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Choppah - A Project Reality chopper movie

Zrix
2009-02-24, 22:24
Right. So me and EmBra had been into attack helicopters in PR for a while, and decided it was time to put together a "frag movie". Nothing that serious, mostly for teh lulz.

Most of the footage from each map is from a single round, with a few exceptions.

Its pretty high res, so fullscreen or DL is recommended.
Choppah_A_Project_Reality_chopper_movie/

Pilot: Zrix
Gunner: EmBra

Movie by EmBra.

Zrix
2009-02-25, 00:07
Also, the result of that Muttrah round;

http://pici.se/pictures/FNPziFnRy.jpg
Only one death was in the Cobra though. :)

Spuz36
2009-02-25, 01:30
Good shooting, I haven't mastered the new Missile system yet, liked the shot with the squad all together on the roof in North City :P Pilot was nice and smooth for a good shot.

Mora
2009-02-25, 12:11
Sweet, i love it. I was on that kashan round where you shot the tanks at the bunkers, i was standing at north bunker. I was also in the tank that the transport chopper wanted to ram...

It was a good round. Check my choppah vids :)

Harrelson
2009-02-25, 21:08
Nice video, well done.

I was part of that squad with a rally on top of a building on Muttrah. Morale sapping kill it was

Welshboy
2009-02-25, 21:40
Nice video, you had nearly 100 kills between you and you still lost :lol:

Zrix
2009-02-25, 21:46
Nice video, you had nearly 100 kills between you and you still lost :lol:
102 kills actually.

But I blame the rest of the team :razz:

EmBra
2009-02-25, 22:17
Nice video, well done.

I was part of that squad with a rally on top of a building on Muttrah. Morale sapping kill it was

Heh, it was a wtf moment when I first saw you there.

Finding a complete squad like that, with a rallypoint and all... :mrgreen:
It's something you hear about but it never happens to yourself.

I can only imagine how it must have felt :duh:

Magrioteli
2009-02-25, 22:25
The first movie, Muttrah City, took place at our server, Skyttegrav.se #1. And the times that I read, "Cobra is down" I was relieved. ;)

Great movies guys!

Priby
2009-02-25, 23:03
Nice.
Next time you will be sent in alone!:razz:

WeeGeez
2009-02-26, 10:27
Epic Video! Music went so well :)

masterceo
2009-02-26, 11:41
very good vid, i enjoyed watching it

Alex6714
2009-02-26, 13:29
Nice vid.:)

mp5punk
2009-03-03, 23:13
yea cool video i liked it.

HughJass
2009-03-03, 23:36
5:02

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Zrix
2009-03-04, 17:17
Thanks for all the nice comments guys :)

If you like the video, it would be awesome if you could click the "I Like It" button at the end of the video or on the WeGame site, thx.

Raufbold
2009-03-04, 22:26
Nice vid, i was surprised about the lack of AA tho in almost every scene. There is only one the pilot actually needed to drop flares- Most time i play i get troubled by AA instead of cruising around that freely.

EmBra
2009-03-04, 23:03
Nice vid, i was surprised about the lack of AA tho in almost every scene. There is only one the pilot actually needed to drop flares- Most time i play i get troubled by AA instead of cruising around that freely.

Even though it might look like we are cruising around freely we always try to stay behind our infantry and ask about AA-placements etc before we go in.
We try to keep the helicopter as a support vehicle and defend flags on our side of the line rather than using it as an "attack"-helicopter behind the enemy line.
When we do go in on the enemy side of the line we usually drop flares continually to make it harder for the enemy to get a lock on us.

Mobile AAs are a pain though because no one really knows where they are from time to time and I can assure you that we have to drop flares quite frequently even though it might not look like it on the video.

Another thing that we try to do is to keep the helicopter moving at all times mainly because of HAT being used as a guided AA-Weapon, but also because it's faster to do evasive manoeuvres if we are taking fire or being locked by a AA-missile.
This makes it harder for the gunner to hit the target but it's better to shoot twice and live then to go down due to an APC or HAT shooting at us and then have to wait 20 minutes for the helicopter to respawn.

It all boils down to communication, between me, as the gunner and Zrix, as the pilot but also between us and the rest of our team.

Guys that mark targets with laser really really helps in every situation.

Jonathan_Archer_nx01
2009-03-06, 15:24
See you on the servers
Nah.....no way in hell, man. I hope I don't ever meet on the servers, unless you're on my side :p

Magrioteli
2009-03-06, 16:27
Nah.....no way in hell, man. I hope I don't ever meet on the servers, unless you're on my side :p

J.A get ya a** in stir and join our server! We can take some heavy duty anti Zrix/EmBra-kit and grease 'em. ;) If they are enemies, I will add.

@ Zrix/EmBra - was it Vegas that you used to edit the Fraps file?
I've watched that clip as it was pr0n... Amazingly nice.

awqs
2009-03-06, 16:56
What server was this on cuz im looking for a server with a battlerecorder

Zrix
2009-03-06, 20:25
What server was this on cuz im looking for a server with a battlerecorder

The only one I remember the name of that we played on is Skyttegrav, kindly hosted by mr Magrioteli here.
Unfortunately, it doesnt have BR. And neither does many of the servers that run enough chopper maps to be worth visiting - So we are in the same position as you I'm afraid.

It should be added that only the intro is from BR, the rest is live(well..) first person footage from EmBra's gunner seat.

Wewt, 700 posts :P

awqs
2009-03-06, 20:29
Dam ok thanks i wish that more servers suported it

M_Striker
2009-03-06, 21:02
I really enjoyed this. I loved the music.

Remoted-Bomb
2009-03-07, 08:16
Good one. I did a kind of similar round in yesterday. We had the Apache alive from first spawn until we won. Not that many kills than you had, thought. :-)

0celot
2009-03-07, 16:00
I liked the music :) mind if I ask the song name n artist

The video was good too :D

Magrioteli
2009-03-08, 15:19
Off Topic: I can turn on Battlerecorder (however I have to stop the server first, and it almost never empty. Unless when I'm asleep). Sadly Battlerecorder consumes much more bandwidth. That's for sure! That is the reason we've chosen not to have a public Battlerecorder as for now. Purely to avoid lag on our servers!
If we will get some more bandwidth in the future there might be an option for a permanent (public) Battlerecorder via FTP or http://

On the other hand, that superb movie came from Fraps.
I still wonder: Was it edited in Vegas? (Zrix told me once, but....)
And which FPS do you use in Fraps, Mr. EmBra?

EmBra
2009-03-08, 23:05
Was it edited in Vegas? (Zrix told me once, but....)
And which FPS do you use in Fraps, Mr. EmBra?
Yes and I captured the scenes at 30 fps.

I liked the music :) mind if I ask the song name n artist

E Nomine - schwarze Sonne
Uematsu Nobuo - Black Water
Ingmar Nordström - Ballade Pour Adeline

NickO
2009-03-08, 23:21
You know this song would've fit better :P

4Hlw5lHns5Q

666planer
2009-03-08, 23:44
I like the pilots that actually stay still when you are trying to shoot.
You mustve been playin with choppers for a pretty long time.

Magrioteli
2009-03-09, 09:10
Thanks EmBra!

By the way, Battlerecorder (quality 5 of 10) is activated on Skyttegrav.se #1 PR 0.85 AAS & INS - 80.73.49.108:16567 - but since we don't have any public download (due to bandwidth lack) you have to send me a PM or grab me at XFire so I can upload the file at my ISP's host. (That is located in Sweden: "Bredbandsbolaget - BOX"
I must add that the PR-demos often are between 70 MB and 150 MB in this quality, and of course depening on the length of the game.

@ NickO Oh, dude! :lol:

rampo
2009-03-09, 15:08
lol i think i was in that truck what server was this and when?

xseeyax
2009-03-09, 20:53
Great Vid! and Great flying keep it up, we always need good attack chopper pilots, half of the men out there always fly to low or crash on take off, GOod job man :)

awqs
2009-03-10, 13:28
Thanks EmBra!

By the way, Battlerecorder (quality 5 of 10) is activated on Skyttegrav.se #1 PR 0.85 AAS & INS - 80.73.49.108:16567 - but since we don't have any public download (due to bandwidth lack) you have to send me a PM or grab me at XFire so I can upload the file at my ISP's host. (That is located in Sweden: "Bredbandsbolaget - BOX"
I must add that the PR-demos often are between 70 MB and 150 MB in this quality, and of course depening on the length of the game.

@ NickO Oh, dude! :lol:

ya but how many people play on that server?

Magrioteli
2009-03-10, 15:18
ya but how many people play on that server?

Ey! What do you mean? A lot of people play, I'd say.

We've got an average of 17.73 players and within 3000 km from the server's location (south Sweden Sweden), it's the 7th most populated public PR-server. Globalranked we are on 178th place, or 11th out of public PR servers in this list Public PR-server global (http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=bf2&vars=gamevariant=pr,gamever=1.1.2965-797.0,password=0&public=&order=grank)

Wanna join?

awqs
2009-03-11, 13:33
Ey! What do you mean? A lot of people play, I'd say.

We've got an average of 17.73 players and within 3000 km from the server's location (south Sweden Sweden), it's the 7th most populated public PR-server. Globalranked we are on 178th place, or 11th out of public PR servers in this list Public PR-server global (http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=bf2&vars=gamevariant=pr,gamever=1.1.2965-797.0,password=0&public=&order=grank)

Wanna join?

ok cool thanks man ill try it out

Zrix
2009-03-20, 17:58
lol i think i was in that truck what server was this and when?

Around January 31st, give or take a couple of days, on the SG.se server.

flickflackingfligger
2009-03-20, 21:24
awsome vid:mrgreen: wish to have you cover my sqaud anyday!

Jonathan_Archer_nx01
2009-04-03, 19:45
By any means, this video is a MASTERPIECE.

TF6049
2009-04-12, 08:00
Don't fly high. It's a common mistake, and an AH's job is to get in, hit specified target then get out. Not go search n destroy. But otherwise good.

Also what's that IMO weird song at 1:13?

EmBra
2009-04-12, 13:28
Without going in to much on reasons, we fly the way we do because of risk vs. reward.

Regarding the weird song, I don't really know what you mean, there is no new song at 1:13.

I would also like to thank everyone for the warm and encouraging comments, both on these forums and online on the servers :D
It makes us really happy to see that you like the video.

Stryker Machine
2009-04-13, 10:56
Amazing skills up there lads, ( I wish i could fly that good :( ) You can instantly tell whether your a good pilot or not from the first parts of the film, and great gunning as well. Being a crew on an attacking Choper is very demanding for both people, so good job !

Mora
2009-04-13, 12:33
Being a attack chopper crew is the hardest job in PR.

Welshboy
2009-04-13, 12:46

I agree :-o

Spuz36
2009-04-14, 01:58

Especially when you control the battlefield. Have the most firepower on the map. Have the best vantage point. One false move and you are waiting at main for 20 min while your team may be getting slaughtered. I think the thing lacking from AH crews is a experienced spotter with a keen sense of where to position himself to view the best and help his team out. The chopper cannot expose himself too long as there are many ways to be taken out. You know, gravity well generators (trees), tank shells flying around, AA (stationary, infantry kit, armor) jets, other attack choppers) A person on the ground needs to have a view to communicate with the pilot/gunner what it is and where. Identifying where friendlies are and take care around those areas to identify who is who. I've seen too many gunners shooting at friendlies, its saddens me. :(

Organize priorities of targets(which to take out first to help others and self protection) You also need to know attack direction if there is a hill or building in the way. That way that hellfire you just shot through the fog at the laser target does not get blocked. There is a bunch of stuff that needs to be decided on the way to the target, as a gunner I usually coordinate that with my pilot so we both know what is happening/what we are looking for. so yes, it is possibly the hardest job :D I fully agree.

Stryker Machine
2009-04-14, 20:24
A bit off topic here, but anyways, its a shame people cant directly talk to people in the air via VOIP, that would make the spotting targets job alot easier, and less friendly deaths from Chopper fire, which we all see from time to time. ( Its a shame not every server and player uses Mumble)

EmBra
2009-04-25, 16:34
A bit off topic here, but anyways, its a shame people cant directly talk to people in the air via VOIP, that would make the spotting targets job alot easier, and less friendly deaths from Chopper fire, which we all see from time to time. ( Its a shame not every server and player uses Mumble)

I wish the lazed target would show up on our overview as well. As a a-chopper team we want to be able to place our own markers to see if what we see are blue or red (when we are looking for targets ourself). that way a spotter will not be able to place markers that we can see, even if he is in the same squad. As it is now, the guy lazing will have to tell us in what keypad the target is and from which direction we have to approach.

Needless to say this doesn't work 19 out of 20 times since the spotter is either lazy, or simply doesn't know what to do.

Making lazed targets appear on overview, or in the 3d view or in any other way would make it a lot easier for those of us in the sky ;)

Spuz36
2009-04-27, 01:56
Ohhhh, you know what I hate, people who spam the "Sending Laser Target" vocal and arn't actually sending a laser, thinking they are sending it by the vocal.

Tarthkin
2009-04-27, 16:00
nice chopper vid, glad to see some high quality, high res videos for ppl to learn from/ see good examples of chopper flying

mockingbird0901
2009-05-15, 10:35
Guys that mark targets with laser really really helps in every situation.

Bett they do, but now I know how it looks when the keep on pressing LMB, and the laser never settles on the target. Will definitely remember that from now on :)

Magrioteli
2009-05-15, 14:15
I watched that movie again, yesterday. And it is awesome.
Well these two gentlemen sets MEC's asses in stir when the enter the Cobra at Muttrah City.

TF6049
2009-05-18, 02:57
Even an approximate laser is good enough...I'm a big fan of the "Aurora Theory" (get coords, go in all guns/rockets blazing, and get out)

For those who haven't played CnC Generals, the Aurora is a super-fast plane that can't be hit by anything until it drops it's bomb.

UKrealplayER666
2009-07-16, 20:03
nice apache kills, serious pwnage!

i needs lessons, u teach??

Outlawz7
2009-07-17, 09:19
For those who haven't played CnC Generals, the Aurora is a super-fast plane that can't be hit by anything until it drops it's bomb.

Hmm yeah, then when it returns to base it gets shot down by the dozen Stinger sites it flew over earlier, you got a hole in the plan there.

/o-t

Rhino
2009-07-17, 11:27
nice video, just watched it. For some reason your gunner was seeing massive amounts of zfighting on muttrah, I dont have 1/2 as much... what GFX card is he using?

EmBra
2009-07-26, 17:17
Rhino;1086844']nice video, just watched it. For some reason your gunner was seeing massive amounts of zfighting on muttrah, I dont have 1/2 as much... what GFX card is he using?

I have an Nvidia 8800GT and use 1680x1050 resolution.

The flickering occurs when looking at that stuff at range. doesn't see it close in.

We saw a lot of action in that round :) went back and fourth but eventually we lost anyway if I remember correct :sad:

StrkTm_Leopold
2009-07-27, 01:07
It looked like lagite gun-cam footage from the Invasion of Iraq.