PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Vehicle mouse sensitivity

PFunk
2009-02-11, 05:28
Basically Ive been buggering around with getting the sensitivity on my mouse right in game for using APC turrets and Tanks and such. I find it really hard to be accurate. I don't even know which sensitivity to play with. I've tried altering some settings and I don't know if its having an effect.

I just want to know how to get BF2 to make my mouse track the turret optic in a manageable way. I can barely hit targets soemtimes.

Colonelcool125
2009-02-11, 05:32
Does the mouse move too fast for you to get on target accuratley or too slow to get on target in time?

wookimonsta
2009-02-11, 09:33
well, one tip is to keep the ingame mouse sensitivity low and having a high sensitivity mouse. get a mouse that allows scaleable settings for your dpi and sensitivity.
This means that there is less "skipping" of the mouse when you are zoomed in far and move the mouse.
i found this out in 2142 when i tried sniper and my mouse took these huge jumps all the time.

SocketMan
2009-02-11, 10:48
Basically Ive been buggering around with getting the sensitivity on my mouse right in game for using APC turrets and Tanks and such. I find it really hard to be accurate. I don't even know which sensitivity to play with. I've tried altering some settings and I don't know if its having an effect.

I just want to know how to get BF2 to make my mouse track the turret optic in a manageable way. I can barely hit targets soemtimes.

Go to
OPTIONS/CONTROLS/LAND VEHICLES
adjust mouse sensitivity set it to 0.80 for sniping/apd/tank gunning (maximum range)

For close combat using APCs/Tanks/IFVs/Cars you need more "speed" or
(DPI) from the mouse.
About 2.00 in the game CONTROLS settings.
Ability to switch because of that between high/low DPI (without going into menu) is crucial to the success.

Best thing to do is to have a mouse that allows changing the DPI (dots per inch) on the fly usually with a click of a dedicated button.

PFunk
2009-02-12, 20:15
Thanks. I have a Logitech G5 so I have variable DPI and I use the bottom 2 settings most of the time so I have lots of overhead.

It is that its very skippy fast and hard to get on target. I often will have an easy target and cannot get the crosshair on it, like if I'm drunk and I have no fine control.

Will try this stuff and let you know.

Thanks guys.

GrimSoldier
2009-02-20, 17:46
Yea i have the same problem my mouse is very fast gaming mouse and i have 2 buttons on the mouse to change the speed and even on the slowest its still skippy when im zoomed in so i guess ill try those settings up above as well.

General_J0k3r
2009-02-20, 19:03
i use extreme dpi and low sens in windows and bf2. works fine for me :)