PDA

View Full Version : Turbo

Ondskan
2008-12-30, 12:33
It's rumoured that there is a turbo (shift button).

And there is! ...For some vechiles? And for how long?

:arrow:

McBumLuv
2008-12-30, 16:26
light vehicles (Hummvees, nanjings, vodniks) and APCs have the turbo, however Tanks and Trucks do not. IDK what the time limit is or how fast they regain it though.

PFunk
2008-12-30, 16:49
...however Tanks and Trucks do not.
Would explain why I couldn't get up that incline last week on Fool's Road. :roll:

Ondskan
2008-12-30, 16:52
I remember trying this out but I was drunk and it was late lol.

Logicly I would assume that the turbo is just "max thrust" and that it could be used indefinetly (or in reality until the gas runs out/motor starts smoking).

Would be cool with some sort of meter though if it is'nt endless!
I mean obviously if its about the motor overheating then every car has that meter in it.

And if its endless, well then no meter is needed :D
Sorry if its in the FAQ somewhere, I couldnt find it.

Skodz
2008-12-30, 23:46
As mentionned before, shift (turbo) is only available for light vehicles and APC.

It only last a few seconds but reload fast.

Copper.8
2009-01-04, 16:03
The civi car must have nitrous. It has the fastest turbo of them all.
However, I believe trucks do have turbo. At least some of them.

McBumLuv
2009-01-04, 16:13
The civi car must have nitrous. It has the fastest turbo of them all.
However, I believe trucks do have turbo. At least some of them.

Nope, not iirc.

Tirak
2009-01-04, 17:44
Trucks and tanks may not have a "turbo" but holding shift does improve your obstacle clearing ability.

DrugKoala
2009-01-04, 20:18
Really? I didn't know. How does it work? :D

Proff3ssorXman
2009-01-04, 23:52
Really? I didn't know. How does it work? :D

You press shift when you need to go faster or are trying to get up an incline that the vehicle would not normally make. However it doesn't mean that you can get up every slope though.

Tartantyco
2009-01-04, 23:54
-Holding shift in trucks(And tanks as well I think) increases your torque(or whatever) so you can get up inclines that are too steep when just using "w" power. They don't increase your speed though, I think.

Ondskan
2009-01-05, 14:40
This should be explained a bit better and if the power is temporary then there should be a meter for it as there is for afterburners and such.

:P I've made to many suggestions lately tho, can someone make this? haha :D

OkitaMakoto
2009-01-05, 15:23
I dont think a meter is needed as it reloads so fast. I think the way it was implemented a long time ago was to be "giving it full gas"

And so, it doesnt "run out" like your sprint does. Well, it DOES, but the whole point is that it recharges within a second or so so you can use it again.

From what I remember it was done that way because thats how BF2 works. You need to have the recharge in there at some point..

I think... kinda... Im not 100% sure... but yeah, it recharges fast enough that I dont think the meter is even needed...

Ondskan
2009-01-05, 19:05
lol not even a Dev knows 100% how it works :P

Could someone at least check the code and add it to the manual? how it works so to speak :p

McBumLuv
2009-01-06, 01:14
lol not even a Dev knows 100% how it works :P

Remember that this DEV has been out of touch with pr for about what... a year now? Okita just likes to stop by the forums to see what he's missed, too bad he's living in the past most of the time :p

OkitaMakoto
2009-01-06, 02:22
Remember that this DEV has been out of touch with pr for about what... a year now? Okita just likes to stop by the forums to see what he's missed, too bad he's living in the past most of the time :p

"likes to stop by"

:P

Heh, I barely leave! I check the forums every day :)
I just dont wanna come back to PR and be completely lost :P

Dude388
2009-01-06, 02:27
OkitaMakoto;890790']"likes to stop by"

:P

Heh, I barely leave! I check the forums every day :)
I just dont wanna come back to PR and be completely lost :P

Okita, you could be gone for 10 years.....and the moment you return you'd be invited into my squad without a moments hesitation :wink:

McBumLuv
2009-01-06, 02:44
Okita, you could be gone for 10 years.....and the moment you return you'd be invited into my squad without a moments hesitation :wink:

Shhhh, stop fighting over him. I saw him first :p

Though really, I bet you 50 ecookies the first thin Okita does on pr is go Officer, and then have his squad teach him how to lead :D

I kid, I kid, all [Rxxx]s are welcome in my squad.

Well, I guess I need to provide some ontopicness if I want to continue this tug of war over Okita, so I was wondering if tanks and trucks really DO have an engine boost, because I believe that that's just a myth.